• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just finished campaign. Most fun I have had with CoD since MW2. Not quite as good, but excellent none the less.

Love the tech/weapons/etc., graphics were a decent leap ahead of ghosts, characters were well done and well acted, storyline engaging, and the missions varied and fun.

Well done. Really hope there is an Advanced Warfare 2.

Side note, whatever happened to the HBO special Vice episode on PMCs? Did that get cancelled? Looked good.

ecurbj

Just finished campaign. Most fun I have had with CoD since MW2. Not quite as good, but excellent none the less.

Love the tech/weapons/etc., graphics were a decent leap ahead of ghosts, characters were well done and well acted, storyline engaging, and the missions varied and fun.

Well done. Really hope there is an Advanced Warfare 2.

Side note, whatever happened to the HBO special Vice episode on PMCs? Did that get cancelled? Looked good.
Oh, don't worry. There is enough milk in the cow for that to happen.

DC R1D3R

Banned
You just described a majority of the things that I feel ruined the game, further cementing that IW was only able to strike gold once with COD4
You call it raising it up a notch, I call it jumping the shark, they should have saved the bs for COD10 when all hope was lost, turn it into a circus

We won't even get into how the maps on mw2 pale in comparison

cod4 is still the top dog imo

cold as ice

I'm thinking about renting this from Redbox for PS3 as I only have a PC, Wii U, and PS3, and really have an itch for the MP. Does the last gen version seem phoned in to those who've played it?

BokehKing

Banned
Another dumb thing about this game in MP
We all look the same!
The enemy looks like me, I look like him
They couldn't have distinct color patterns for the opposing team? Wtf?

Portugeezer

So does Exo Survivor unlock stuff? I mean, what is the reason for me to keep playing? I don't care about unlocking the Riot map or the 1 special wave on Riot map.

Another dumb thing about this game in MP
We all look the same!
The enemy looks like me, I look like him
They couldn't have distinct color patterns for the opposing team? Wtf?

This is something I forgot to complain about lol. In match it's hard to tell who is a teammate or not sometimes, especially when someone is running that cold blooded perk or when two different players overhead info is overlapping. It's really irritating.

FeD.nL

So quick reload is bugged? Tried everything and i'm losing a whole mag everytime I reload even when just pressing reload once. Basically back to reloading when i'm <10 bullets left.

Cake Boss

Banned
Well I am done with this game.

There are 3 decent guns and the rest are shit.
They all sound like paintballs
The exo shit is useless
Maps are craptastic
The latency and the hit detection makes no sense and inconsistent as fuck
Spawns are worse than the devil himself

As a person that hated Ghosts to death I actually think this is a worser game.

Traded it in for Forza Horizon 2. I am having a blast too.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So quick reload is bugged? Tried everything and i'm losing a whole mag everytime I reload even when just pressing reload once. Basically back to reloading when i'm <10 bullets left.

It says that on that perk you lose all ammo in the mag when you use it.

Data Ghost

Quick question, sorry if it's been covered before. Me and a friend want to play split screen, but rather than joining as a guest she needs her own profile and ps plus account?? Am I doing it wrong?! Another ps plus account so two people can play on the same system?

Gaz_RB

The campaign is amazing....

The part when you're jumping on buses chasing after that truck is the reason I play these games.

Also I miss Team Tactical :(

maneil99

Quick question, sorry if it's been covered before. Me and a friend want to play split screen, but rather than joining as a guest she needs her own profile and ps plus account?? Am I doing it wrong?! Another ps plus account so two people can play on the same system?
Doesnt have to have ps plus

So I just finished the campaign but didn't get the trophies for completion. Went to mission select and it looks like it stopped recording my completed missions about halfway through the game. :/
At least it didn't wipe all progress like BF4, I guess...

I've had exactly the same issue. Has anyone found a fix?

The exo shit is useless
Maps are craptastic

You should turn the paintball effects on then :p

I agree on guns. I tried to use a variety but you can't. Maybe this will change over time as people unlock more and use more varied weapons themselves. It also feels like there are less gun choices before and not enough distinct variety between those that are there in the AR and SMG categories.

Exo can be useful, though I personally would like to see the speed slowed just a touch to be in line with sprint speed. If someone is flying around it can be very hard to keep up with them.

And yeah the spawns need some work. Bit tired of dying, spawning in and being killed by the same person again. Seems like the payback spawn is back in style, though not on the MW3 launch level thankfully.

The exo shit is useless
Maps are craptastic

As a person that hated Ghosts to death I actually think this is a worser game..

So the game is on par with the previous games the past 4 years?

IMACOMPUTA

The exo shit is useless
Maps are craptastic

Forza is great!

I'm trying to like CODAW, and I've found a loadout that prevents me from considering throwing the controller at the tv every minute or so.

Yeah I am done with this game either forever or until we get servers lol

Man, I really miss COD4 and Black Ops now. I realized just now that I sold my Black Ops! Stupid me.

I miss that game/setting

Has anyone experienced a lock-up in multiplayer? Been playing on PS4 pretty frequently since launch, and had two crashes in MP. Just a hard freeze, but not the system; I could still close the app and restart. Strange.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I hadn't been following this in the least due to severe CoD burnout three years ago.

I had no idea this was so sci-fi. I picked it up and I am loving the campaign so far. A fantastic departure.

Upinsmoke

So I played some HC TDM and it's better but still not good enough to play consistently. Least you don't have to deal with the bullshit of respawns as much and the TTK is shorter meaning less time for the hit boxes to mess up.

The Beard

Has anyone experienced a lock-up in multiplayer? Been playing on PS4 pretty frequently since launch, and had two crashes in MP. Just a hard freeze, but not the system; I could still close the app and restart. Strange.

Yes, I've had MP completely freeze up about 5 times on PS4. 2 times I was able to wait a minute and it came back. The other times, I had to back out and close the app.

Is there a way to check how many exo survival matches(games not rounds) you played ?

I only need exo survival veteran trophy and that's 50 matches played.

The Beard

So I played some HC TDM and it's better but still not good enough to play consistently. Least you don't have to deal with the bullshit of respawns as much and the TTK is shorter meaning less time for the hit boxes to mess up.

Hardcore is a much more even playing field. Time to kill, and time to die are much more even than on Normal modes. There were a shitload of campers when I played HC last night though. I was consistently getting at least 1:1 KD, and sometimes much better. Not like Normal modes, where I'll go 1-8, 4-12, 18-4.

Hardcore modes actually reward quick reaction times which is nice.

I can't help but think that everyone who favors MW2 over COD4; never actually played COD4. That game is so much better than MW2 in terms of actual gameplay, maps, and kill streaks. The less, the better.

Not sure how everybody else feels but fuck it, I loved the choke points. Even when I'm on the team getting annihilated. The maps forced more head to head confrontation compared to every other COD where you have to worry about death coming from 40 different directions. And don't get me started on how ridiculous some of the kill streaks got in MW2. Maybe people don't like the simpler maps and prefer the newer ones but I sure don't. I haven't tried AW yet but at least you can super jump and shit, not sure how much I'll like it though.

Right now I'm contemplating buying the game on PS4. If I go digital can I easily move it to a new hard drive if I get a new one? I'm still on the one that came with the system and I've never transitioned to a new hard drive on PS3. Just wondering how that works on PS4 before I make a move because if these games continue to be as large as AW is then I don't see this HD lasting too long.

Pikma

Banned
I'm laughing out loud at the hyperbole in here about this game being worse than Ghosts, I can understand people not liking but, but saying that is pretty ridiculous, Ghosts was on a whole different shit level, I'm actually excited about IW's next installment, just to see how they will manage to outdo themselves in the shitness department, which won't be an easy task

And just to be clear, I'm saying that after having played Ghosts for the first 6 months after it's release, which is very different than just launch week complaints.

I'm laughing out loud at the hyperbole in here about this game being worse than Ghosts, I can understand people not liking but, but saying that is pretty ridiculous, Ghosts was on a whole different shit level, I'm actually excited about IW's next installment, just to see how they will manage to outdo themselves in the shitness department, which won't be an easy task

And just to be clear, I'm saying that after having played Ghosts for the first 6 months after it's release, which is very different than just launch week complaints.

I played Ghosts extensively and while it's by no means a good game, it's far superior to the current MP situation with AW. The SP campaign in AW is amazing and one of the best in the series, but for me the MP is hands down the worst in the series.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I can't help but think that everyone who favors MW2 over COD4; never actually played COD4. That game is so much better than MW2 in terms of actual gameplay, maps, and kill streaks. The less, the better.

MW1 was incredibly boring to me. I didn't like the game at all, and I tried to play it for like a week. I played MW2 for like 200 hours.

And I don't know what the hell people are seeing in that campaign. It was extremely dull.

jeffc919

A bad game is still arguably better than a broken game, and in its current state that's exactly what AW multiplayer is right now.

Pikma

Banned
A bad game is still arguably better than a broken game, and in its current state that's exactly what AW multiplayer is right now.
Ghosts wasn't just a bad game, calling it bad is being very generous, though.

Plus, I don't know what you're talking about, one of the reasons why Ghosts was bad was because, well, there was a lot of shit broken on it

Noobcraft

Is there a way to check how many exo survival matches(games not rounds) you played ?

I only need exo survival veteran trophy and that's 50 matches played.
On XB1 the achievement app shows your progress towards the achievement but I don't know about the PS4. Is there any way to track trophy progress before unlocking it?

jeffc919

Ghosts wasn't just a bad game, calling it bad is being very generous, though.

Plus, I don't know what you're talking about, one of the reasons why Ghosts was bad was because, well, there was a lot of shit broken on it

haha, not disagreeing. I honestly didn't play Ghosts much because I disliked it almost right off the bat. I can't say I noticed anything broken with the net code like with MW3, BO2, and now AW, where I died when I know I shouldn't have. I just disliked the insanely fast TTK, the antiquated graphics on my brand new PS4, gimmicky killstreaks like the crazy running knife guy with rabies, and worst of all the jarring inconsistent frame rate (on PS4). As many problems as BF4 had at launch (and for months afterward) I still played that for hundreds of hours after maybe putting in 10-12 on Ghosts.

Top Bottom