• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Gorillaz

honestly when you get rid of the "K/D over all" and "I need this killstreak or I'll die!!" mentality , then the game really does just come together. Especially in objective stuff like Uplink and momentum

Honestly, they just need to implement a safety net and either add a timed spawn delay or not let you spawn at all if an enemy is within a certain distance of you.

Yes.

This is what I've been saying. For all the changes Sledgehammer made and forced on the COD community (so many things/playstyles missing from this game), I strongly feel the same way.

Modes like TDM sound like they could benefit greatly from this. I mean, seriously, I'm sure everybody can adjust to a 3 second spawn delay.

I dont know if any Sledge guys read this thread but higher TTK, spawn delay, dedicated servers. I feel these three can go such a long way.

I dont even care about the gun balance, I just want these three things dealt with.

NeoROCK

Yeah the explosive drone but I still don't quite get how it works exactly. Don't know if they have to walk on it or how close. Also don't understand the spike drone.pretty vague descriptions

The spike drone is basically a tomahawk or throwing knife. Except you can call it back to you, like a boomerang.

Doombear

Honestly, they just need to implement a safety net and either add a timed spawn delay or not let you spawn at all if an enemy is within a certain distance of you.

I agree, but I just wonder how the speed at which you can make it from one side of the map to the other would factor into that. I wonder if that is part of the problem on the spawns backend.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I agree, but I just wonder how the speed at which you can make it from one side of the map to the other would factor into that. I wonder if that is part of the problem on the spawns backend.

That and so many of the spawns are in places where you are protected for like 3 steps in either direction but as soon as you go past that you are visible from 100 different sight lines.

Instinct is one of the biggest offenders here.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

I agree I think they should copy killzone shadow fall and have a spawn location that is safe where the enemies can not get you, and to top it off have two diff locations you can spawn to reduce spawn camping.

So I finally unlocked Riot in Exo-Survival.

The zombies are awesome, faster and pretty scary to be honest, lol. They move better, more unpredictable and even jump.

It pisses me off that if I want more of it, I have to buy DLC, or play the same 10 rounds on riot over and over just to get in a few minutes of Zombies at the end of it.

Anyway, the map is dark and it got me thinking that COD games would really benefit from day/night/dawn maps.

Similar to the AC games, the same map can be sunny and day time, or raining and night.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Just a regular Ground War match.

R1fAFg1.jpg

Fix this fucking lag FFS

drotahorror

Lag is still horrific on PS4's end. Like, sometimes it's the worst lag I've ever seen in a CoD. Much worse than having a not great connection at Black Ops 1 launch.

I have a ton of recorded gameplay showcasing how bad it is. Even some of the games I go 40 kills but it's still a laggy mess. I mainly use an SMG and just hipfire. It helps beat the lag some what.

Every game I get in looks like the picture above btw.

Vidpixel

Jeez, every time I try matchmaking in Exo-Survival with randoms, our whole team ends up dying in like 5 rounds. I'll probably just have to gather up a group to tackle it eventually.

SlickVic

Having just finished the AW campaign (which was a lot of fun), I just realized I never got the "Uncanny Valley" sensation seeing Kevin Spacey in this game. I know his digital representation isn't a carbon copy of his likeness, but IMO, it was close enough that it never quite felt out of place to me. On the other side, I remember in Mass Effect 2, there was always something I felt was off about Miranda's face compared to Yvonne Strahovski that it was something that stuck out whenever she appeared in that game. I know that's a last gen game, but I'm curious to see if I start noticing Uncanny Valley less and less as this generation of games progresses.

I agree I think they should copy killzone shadow fall and have a spawn location that is safe where the enemies can not get you, and to top it off have two diff locations you can spawn to reduce spawn camping.

Respawn timer is the only viable solution. It's already in the game. Killzone's system wont work on this game. New maps need to just be designed better to alleviate this issue we have.

Two other things:

- I really wish Hardpoint was removed for Headquarters. HQ at least would reduce the respawn issues since you don't respawn if your HQ is captured. I really feel HQ is miles superior as Hardpoint just is so fast and contributes to some of the issues with respawning/random craziness. It just feels watered down compared to HQ

-It's really too bad that they theater mode doesn't exist, because it would have absolutely exposed the state of the respawn issues.

I just beat single player

Realistically why would the whole world side with USA against Atlas, if they showed 1hour earlier that Atlas controls the armies and ports of every country on earth? Realistically they would have 10s of millions of soldiers, not like the police could do arrest them

SlickVic

I just beat single player

Realistically why would the whole world side with USA against Atlas, if they showed 1hour earlier that Atlas controls the armies and ports of every country on earth? Realistically they would have 10s of millions of soldiers, not like the police could do arrest them

Well it seems at the end of the game
Atlas is still alive and well, so outside of killing Irons, they'll still be a main factor presumably in Advanced Warfare 2. I don't have a hard time believing most of the countries used whatever of their non-Atlas military to fight them after the SF incident, but as you said, they are still too big to be beaten that quickly.

To me, the more comical thing about the ending was Irons leaving all 3 of the main characters alive at the end of the New Baghdad siege, because you know, that always works out so well for the bad guy in action movies. The justification of "I'm not a monster" just was hilarious.

algert

Banned
This game is unfucking playable on the ps4 network right now. I have one bar the whole time. I am have been getting lit up for hours.

The ping bars aren't currently reflecting latency or having any affect on your game, they're just bugged. The latency issues many are having aren't about how many bars one has, or whether one is connected to a dedicated server (almost everyone actually is and has been - it makes no difference). COD AW simply has decidedly awful lag compensation and I'd wager that for that reason the problem wont be fixed. Sell the game if you can.

SilentFlyer

So I finally unlocked Riot in Exo-Survival.

The zombies are awesome, faster and pretty scary to be honest, lol. They move better, more unpredictable and even jump.

It pisses me off that if I want more of it, I have to buy DLC, or play the same 10 rounds on riot over and over just to get in a few minutes of Zombies at the end of it.

Anyway, the map is dark and it got me thinking that COD games would really benefit from day/night/dawn maps.

Similar to the AC games, the same map can be sunny and day time, or raining and night.

It is disappointing to know that they put more zombie maps behind Season pass. However its god to know that zombies are unpredictable. I've yet to play 80 more rounds in Tier3 to unlock Riot.

eek5

I never feel like I can affect the game the same way as I could in past COD. Before when I'd get hot we'd win for sure. Now it's a toss up. I don't get it.. I almost feel like the spawns are so bad that I'm killing dudes who immediately spawn behind my teammates and kill them which negates the point I get for my team. Feels fucking bad man.

I think I found a way to know if you're gonna have a good connection each match or not. Basically, the earlier you load into a match, the less lag/lag comp you'll experience. My shittier matches I noticed I would basically be the last one to load into a match, with barely any time on the start up timer, but in my better feeling matches I was among the first to load into match, with like 15 seconds on the timer. I guess it's a sign I'm pinging the server faster or something, but it's just an assumption and these could be coincidences.

Vorheez

Man, I want to like this game so much. It's a blast to play.

Buuut these network issues are bullshit and SHG can shove it up their ass. I hope these issues put this franchise further into the dirt. I haven't bought a CoD since Mw3 and this looked promising but hooooly fuck

Sojgat

Really liked the campaign. Playing on veteran, it's the first COD where I feel the encounters are actually well designed, rather than just being an endless wall of gunfire and grenade spam. Smart use of exo powers and equipment helped with this a lot. If you get pinned down, instead of endless peaking and healing behind cover, you just throw out a smart grenade.

greyskull

I haven't played a CoD since good ol' MW2. Just picked up the bundle today and played through the campaign in one go, that was a blast.

This game is a ton of fun and I hope they fix the technical issues that need fixing soon. May grab a console copy since the PC community is already fucking dead just about. :|

Vorheez

Calm your guys pants, the game isn't going to stay in this state. There will be a patch likely very soon.
I hope to all fuck that youre right because this is a steaming pile of bullshit right now. I regret going digital because I would have traded this bastard in already, but maybe, just maybe, what you say is true and I can enjoy it for what it is eventually.

maneil99

I hope to all fuck that youre right because this is a steaming pile of bullshit right now. I regret going digital because I would have traded this bastard in already, but maybe, just maybe, what you say is true and I can enjoy it for what it is eventually.

Calm down, look at every CoD ever released, some have issues, but none have the lag issues present now that AW does. It will be fixed, the spawns may not be, but the game will be fixed network side.

Went back to Titanfall - what a great damn decision. No noticeable lag and really makes you appreciate true, real, non-BS dedicated servers.

I have no confidence in SH fixing this when it took almost a week to get an official statement.

BokehKing

Banned
I think the problem is everyone is so all over the place, that the distance thing would not help much. I've learned to predict probably 60% of the spawns, if I don't see any team mates behind me on the mini map, I assume that someone is about to spawn there.
What if we just spawned on team mates like battlefield? If this idea is dumb cut me some slack it's 3 in the morning

Duxxy3

Gamestop has a trade in promotion until december third ($40 trade in). I am gonna give sledgehammer the next few weeks to get the online play up to snuff. That's roughly a month of potential fixes. That should be plenty of time to get the game running at least as well as its predecessors.

maneil99

Went back to Titanfall - what a great damn decision. No noticeable lag and really makes you appreciate true, real, non-BS dedicated servers.

I have no confidence in SH fixing this when it took almost a week to get an official statement.
Did they give a statement?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Well it seems at the end of the game
Atlas is still alive and well, so outside of killing Irons, they'll still be a main factor presumably in Advanced Warfare 2. I don't have a hard time believing most of the countries used whatever of their non-Atlas military to fight them after the SF incident, but as you said, they are still too big to be beaten that quickly.

To me, the more comical thing about the ending was Irons leaving all 3 of the main characters alive at the end of the New Baghdad siege, because you know, that always works out so well for the bad guy in action movies. The justification of "I'm not a monster" just was hilarious.

Dude has a point though.
and while the way he went about it was a heavy handed, generally the right idea is there. He did what basically the useless United Nations cant.

After I get to 1st prestige, I'm probably going to stop playing until some news regarding servers/lag compensation/other stuff comes out. Shooting things has been incredibly inconsistent and those ping bars are useless in regards to showing what's my actual connection.

Calabi

I never feel like I can affect the game the same way as I could in past COD. Before when I'd get hot we'd win for sure. Now it's a toss up. I don't get it.. I almost feel like the spawns are so bad that I'm killing dudes who immediately spawn behind my teammates and kill them which negates the point I get for my team. Feels fucking bad man.

There favouring skill over things like distance/latency and bandwidth. Instead of allowing a random distribution of players where latency is low so everyone could have fun every so often.

They are having all really skilled players together and all really bad players together all the time. Its not a good idea. They are pushing players so hard that they will fail and the community towards a median/average K/D ratio. It just means more players will burn out than anything else.

FeD.nL

Any memory leaks reported so far on Xbox One when the game keeps running in standby mode? Because yesterday I turned on my Xone only to recieve the 'Out of memory' warning and today I turn it on and the game runs at around 20fps, after leaving the game completely the framerate returns to normal.

Anyone else who experienced it?

Top Bottom