• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Hugstable

Banned
Haven't been following much since I finished the Campaign, but have they finally patched the netcode issues that was causing games to cut out and drop? I'm on PS4 btw

Yoday

Well this is great.

I just booted my campaign back up and all of my campaign data is wiped. No missions are unlocked, no exo upgrades are unlocked, upgrade point milestones are reset, and I have zero intel collected. The only bright side is that I am able to resume the game from the last save point, but that's it. Has this been a common problem?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yesterday I got several basically lagless games. It was spot on. When it works its oh so so good. Wish it was like that every time.

Well this is great.

I just booted my campaign back up and all of my campaign data is wiped. No missions are unlocked, no exo upgrades are unlocked, upgrade point milestones are reset, and I have zero intel collected. The only bright side is that I am able to resume the game from the last save point, but that's it. Has this been a common problem?

Seems to be somewhat common.

wormania

Is there some sort of trick to levelling fast in this game? 75% of people in my matches are at least a full prestige ahead of me (I'm currently level 46), and ~20% of people are already prestige 3+ which seems insane for the first week

Got it ! My first platinum in COD games : )
I was surprised how easy it was playing on veteran difficulty.

B2AeNP4IcAECIDT.jpg:large

Those curious about in-game rewards:

Fully upgrading your exo in campaign -> full atlas soldier set (exo, pants, helmet, loadout...)
Completing campagin on veteran -> same helmet as above just re-skined
Completing bonus zombie wave in exo survival -> Nothing if you play local splitscreen : / You get the trophy but no zombie character skin. Looks like you have to complete and play online !

And finally for achieving platinum:
qoN1FKU.gif
Well at least I'm in that 0.1%

Ok not sure if this has been covered but there seems to be some sort of Trophy bug for me. Can't get the complete game trophy.

And when I have completed the game, it takes me to the main menu and I can't even mission select or anything. Like as if it's taken me to the menu and given me a new save. But if I click on Resume game, it starts at the very start of the final mission. Bit annoying!

Daffy Duck

Not sure if people know you can get your emblems back after you prestige (they appear to be wiped when you prestige) I tested this on the iOS app.

I simply went into the emblem editor on the app on one of the boxes with the + in it under my gallery and backed out immediately, it then said loading emblem and my emblem was restored again. I did it on another box and it restored another emblem I'd made.

Just an FYI for people who lost an emblem.

Fully upgrading your exo in campaign -> full atlas soldier set (exo, pants, helmet, loadout...)
Completing bonus zombie wave in exo survival -> Nothing if you play local splitscreen : / You get the trophy but no zombie character skin. Looks like you have to complete and play online !

qoN1FKU.gif

Huh, was it really that easy? The only COD Platinum I have is for WaW, and let me tell you, FUCK THAT GAME ON VETERAN. I'm only 3-4 trophies short for the MW2 Platinum which is odd to me now because I don't think I even liked that game that much.

I guess while they fix their stupid P2P bullshit problems I can try getting the campaign trophies done.

Were the netcode issues mentioned in reviews? I haven't read any, and won't be able to play until tonight, but it seems like everyone is talking about it.
Activision flew media outlets out to a review event where everyone played the game in a LAN environment. So in terms of lag, there was none due to them all playing locally.

kiguel182

The spawn system really hurts small map matches. I played a Kill Confirmed match on Recovery and people were spawning behind you all the time and I was spawning right in front of enemies and it was a mess.

I haven't noticed a lot of lag problems but that match really was ruined by a bad spawn system. It was just impossible to do anything since you were being shot in the back all the time or being spawn in front of someone ready to kill you. Really sucked out all the fun of it.

Kiant

I booted up my AW (PS4) today and my "system save" seems to be gone. Campaign and MP progress is there (thank god), but all exo upgrades vanished and the game told me to play campaign before MP.

The kills/headshots and other counts for SP is intact so I guess no way to get those exo points back without complete reset. Nice.

Had this happen like 3 times to me as well, saves the level progress but my exo / intel and options all got reset. Funny thing is, it still has my progress for gaining exo points. Really annoying :(.

I hope they patch in a fix or something.

J.EM1

Question: once you unlock those gear, are they available in local play as well?

It's my first time playing Veteran in a COD game. I die a lot. lol

Question: once you unlock those gear, are they available in local play as well?

No. I don't get it why it's seperated.... In local play you're limited to starting gear and that's it : (
Even weapon camos are locked in local play....

And the most stupid shit is in exo survival. Unlocking maps in local play is seperated from online. That way you have to do it all over again fuck that.

It's my first time playing Veteran in a COD game. I die a lot. lol

Complete the game on normal first and upgrade your exo. It makes big difference when replaying missions on veteran.

Still on the fence about picking this up... Is it true that a few of the campaign missions are non-linear??

I'm just scared of my MW3 experience where I played 10 minutes of the campaign and felt no urge to go on. Does AW feel fresh on the SP front?

J.EM1

No. I don't get it why it's seperated.... In local play you're limited to starting gear and that's it : (
Even weapon camos are locked in local play....

And the most stupid shit is in exo survival. Unlocking maps in local play is seperated from online. That way you have to do it all over again fuck that.
That's my main gripe with the way they implemented local play. I was hoping they would do it like Ghosts with everything unlocked, or have concurrent player progression. I really, really hope they patch it so that we can have those things available.

Complete the game on normal first and upgrade your exo. It makes big difference when replaying missions on veteran.
Cool! Thanks, I'll try that.

Tokubetsu

question, do I have to do mission select to fully upgrade my gear? or if I start a new game over does it keep my campaign gear progression from the last playthrough?

Hugstable

Banned

qoN1FKU.gif

Congrats! I'm almost there and currently sitting at 90%, I suck at the Exo Survival stuff and it's the only trophies I have left haha

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Still on the fence about picking this up... Is it true that a few of the campaign missions are non-linear??

I'm just scared of my MW3 experience where I played 10 minutes of the campaign and felt no urge to go on. Does AW feel fresh on the SP front?

Good story and great atmosphere but basically the same old on-rails gameplay.

drotahorror

I don't see the net code/lag comp getting a patch anytime soon. Generally they just say there's no issue, get better internets. Plus I don't remember any COD getting any sort of patch that significantly changed this. We shall see...

Black Ops 1 got a significant patch in the following January that fixed lag for a lot of people.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Black Ops 1 got a significant patch in the following January that fixed lag for a lot of people.

That game also had spawns that were worse than AW's when it launched and that got fixed too.

I remember you could just sit there at a short distance and watch people from each team spawn over and over shooting each other in the back. It was always a hilariously vicious cycle.

Been posting some consistent high scores today with that gung-ho/tac 19 class I posted the other day. Totally catches everyone off guard and once you get good with it, it can be unstoppable on most maps. The only map I cant do good with it on is instinct, due to its open nature

Tac-19, laser sight and red dot(for aiming to get extra range)
Low profile and lightweight
gung ho
blast suppressor

exo cloak/overclock

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I adore this game but fuck me it needs dedicated servers badly. Stop being so goddamn cheap Activision.

Jarrod38

I don't know what was going on but I was dominating all morning long. Maybe I had that host advantaging everyone talk about.

Top Bottom