• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Just beat the campaign. That was seriously the best campaign since Blops 1 or cod 4. Spacey might have been a bit obvious, but he did it really well.

Now if they could somehow flip a switch to make multi more consistent...

Whatever, I'll probably move to Halo multi this week.

Card Boy

Banned
The emblem editor is a massive step back from Black Ops 2 in every way. People can still make Nazi and penis symbols so I dont know why the made it worse. There are barely any shapes and symbols this time around.

Any memory leaks reported so far on Xbox One when the game keeps running in standby mode? Because yesterday I turned on my Xone only to recieve the 'Out of memory' warning and today I turn it on and the game runs at around 20fps, after leaving the game completely the framerate returns to normal.

Anyone else who experienced it?

Didn't get any out of memory message but the game was just running at about 20fps there, it was chronic. I have quit he game and fully restarted it so hope it fixes it

p3tran

Banned
so, here is my conclusion:

next call of duty, I'M RENTING IT!!

- play through the campaign = one day (say two to replay if it was good)

- playtest and LAUGH at the mess that COD online is for a few hours

- return the game, pay a total amount of 3 bucks and be done with it. (bonus: you dont get to feel like a malakas)

this is my plan for the future.

FeD.nL

Didn't get any out of memory message but the game was just running at about 20fps there, it was chronic. I have quit he game and fully restarted it so hope it fixes it

Restarting worked for me. So this basically confirms there's a memory leak in the Xone version, this was the first CoD on a 3-year cycle right? Haven't they done any QA in those development years -.-'

Vorheez

- return the game, pay a total amount of 3 bucks and be done with it. (bonus: you dont get to feel like a malakas)

Yes.

I fucked up and went digital.

Dynasty8

Exactly what I'm gonna do if they have X1 or PS4 rentals. Enjoyed the campaign but can no longer get into the multiplayer.

Data Ghost

Why the fuck in the create a class screen is it not saving my last selection?! So for example I select the Exo cloak last then back out, and it hasn't applied my choice. This happens with whatever I select last, it's infuriating!

RedAssedApe

Banned
campaign was a fun ride. sp is absolutely gorgeous and that mostly steady 60fps...hrnng. Up there with the best looking ps4 titles so far.

ending was kind of underwhelming though. reminded of
mw3 with the juggernaut

Dina

Custom emblem time!

KEC8L55.png

Mik2121

Give me 70 dollars of your hard earned money, I'll slap you in the face, and then show you a bunch of useless graphs and pie charts about why you deserved that slap.

This is equivalent to what you just did.

?

I might be misunderstanding you, but are you saying that because you paid 70 dollars, you should be winning? :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Multiplayer is, in short, disposable. I'm not the target audience for this series and "grew out of it" bit by bit with more or less every entry post Modern Warfare, which was the last to get me really, really sucked in.

I like the suits, as vertical play and fast dodging makes battles a bit more interesting. Visually it looks nice and clean. Aiming feels good.

Hit reg and netcode is unreliable, the cost of P2P, and thus alone cancels out any long term investment I might have had. Weapons aren't really interesting, neither are the kill streaks or perks. Due to the PSP netcode sometimes it's impossible to tell where your shots are going and what you're hitting. A lot of maps seem like a cluster fuck of doorways and paths linked together like a spider web, little cohesion or flow in the logic of traversal, encounters, and spawns. Like people can come from any angle at any time, a big hodge podge of chaos.

I dunno. It's fun to casually boot up and shoot the guy, it's just got zero staying power to me. No moment or clearly defined feature, map, or ability that makes me think "wow!". Suit jumps and such are almost there, but they're not original so whatever.

Multiplayer is, in short, disposable. I'm not the target audience for this series and "grew out of it" bit by bit with more or less every entry post Modern Warfare, which was the last to get me really, really sucked in.

I like the suits, as vertical play and fast dodging makes battles a bit more interesting. Visually it looks nice and clean. Aiming feels good.

Hit reg and netcode is unreliable, the cost of P2P, and thus alone cancels out any long term investment I might have had. Weapons aren't really interesting, neither are the kill streaks or perks. Due to the PSP netcode sometimes it's impossible to tell where your shots are going and what you're hitting. A lot of maps seem like a cluster fuck of doorways and paths linked together like a spider web, little cohesion or flow in the logic of traversal, encounters, and spawns. Like people can come from any angle at any time, a big hodge podge of chaos.

I dunno. It's fun to casually boot up and shoot the guy, it's just got zero staying power to me. No moment or clearly defined feature, map, or ability that makes me think "wow!". Suit jumps and such are almost there, but they're not original so whatever.

Totally agree, especially with the bolded. I wanted a really deep multiplayer for the next few months, and stupidly I thought this may be a good bet. If they can pull an amazing patch out of their arses, the net code at least may improve. However, I'm getting worse and worse at being an optimist with this game.

protonion

I'm trading it tommorow for Shadow of Mordor.

The sp was just ok. Nowhere near blops which imo set the bar very high.

The mp however isn't doing it for me anymore.
My main issue (since mw3 and sadly blops 2 even more) is the randomness.

In my top cods (mw and blops) I was totally aware at any time where everyone was. For instance in crossfire a glance down the road could tell you how the enemies split, if someone took a sniping position etc. And each game was an idividual story about outsmarting your opponents. Even dying was fun. I was like " oh nice you got me!".

But now WTF! I get killed and I'm like how did that happen. Even worse I get a kill and I'm surprised someone appeared before me.

Fix map design and spawning. The core game mechanics are perfect.

M.W.

I don't see the net code/lag comp getting a patch anytime soon. Generally they just say there's no issue, get better internets. Plus I don't remember any COD getting any sort of patch that significantly changed this. We shall see...

Ensoul

Another gripe I have is the gun stats resetting after you prestige. I have no issue earning the attachments but why can't the headshots and long shots carry over.

What sledgehammer has you do to earn cammos is absurd. Then the go and reset the guns stats which effectively makes earning cammos impossible.

SeanR1221

Were the netcode issues mentioned in reviews? I haven't read any, and won't be able to play until tonight, but it seems like everyone is talking about it.

I don't see the net code/lag comp getting a patch anytime soon. Generally they just say there's no issue, get better internets. Plus I don't remember any COD getting any sort of patch that significantly changed this. We shall see...
They must have had about 10 patches for MW3 that covered 'improvements' for netcode and matchmaking to pair you with the best people connection wise. But it didn't yield much. At least they acknowledged and tried I guess?

T.O.P

Banned
Is the HBRa3 AR a drop or level locked?

Anyway no connection problems on my end (X1) and my connection is far from good

artsi

I booted up my AW (PS4) today and my "system save" seems to be gone. Campaign and MP progress is there (thank god), but all exo upgrades vanished and the game told me to play campaign before MP.

The kills/headshots and other counts for SP is intact so I guess no way to get those exo points back without complete reset. Nice.

BokehKing

Banned
I got killed by a 'flying aerial sniper drone'

How does one get that? I tried to modify the aerial assault drone last with a sniper but there was no option

artsi

Looks like I can say goodbye to my veteran trophy too since the difficulty was reset to the easiest one too. Damnit.

Neofx

What's the difference between handling and accuracy? Got some guns that give +2 handling and -2 accuracy, wondering if that's any good? (AK12-Wrecker)

RS4-

What's the difference between handling and accuracy? Got some guns that give +2 handling and -2 accuracy, wondering if that's any good? (AK12-Wrecker)

I think handling is your ads + movement speed. Accuracy might be recoil.

I don't know what happened but the horrible lag wasn't a problem over the weekend. On the weekdays I tried to play, it was damn near unplayable. Played on Saturday for a few hours and everything went smooth. Had some of my best games.

Mik2121

I think handling is recoil, accuracy is your ads.

Edit : Wait, the other way. What RS4- said.

aravuus

Was thinking of picking this up after church. So consensus is that SP is solid and MP sucks...?

Ha, that's a first.

Not really. MP has its fair share of problems, but the most glaring ones are fixable.

We'll see if they fix them, though. As it stands, I think it's a fairly average CoD experience, worse than the best but no as bad as the worst.

popeutlal

If people will stop having ADHD and stop jumping around, you'll do much better. Try playing it like previous COD games.

Use exo for defense, not offence.

BokehKing

Banned
If people will stop having ADHD and stop jumping around, you'll do much better. Try playing it like previous COD games.

Use exo for defense, not offence.
This... I now realize this is why I kept getting killed. So I played a couple classic playlists to learn the terrain with out jumping around like Kris Kross, I stay away from team mates that do and I now find myself doing much better

To me, the more comical thing about the ending was Irons leaving all 3 of the main characters alive at the end of the New Baghdad siege, because you know, that always works out so well for the bad guy in action movies. The justification of "I'm not a monster" just was hilarious.

The bit about him not killing them because he's not a monster doesn't even a hold weight because he shot Cormack in a way that he knew would cause him to die a very slow and painful death. That's quite monstrous, right? He also killed the Technologist after he warned him about what Hades was planning on doing.

But it's entertainment and that's one go to thing entertainment likes to use with villains. But i'm not sure why. Just once i'd like to see a villain capture the heroes in a game and then kill them.

Daffy Duck

I started streaming to twitch on my ps4 last night and the games played much better, not sure if it was a placebo or not but I was tearing it up wasting three/four people at a time.

Only had one dodgy game which was the last one, but I was in a party with people all over the UK so that may have been a factor on the final game.

Delt31

Is it like MW2 where kills/pts from score streaks add to potential next SS or do they not count towards at all? I think only SS earned off care package wouldn't stake in MW2.

Silky

Banned
Yesterday I had a couple of net drops in an MP game. Huh.

Still, I really like Advanced Warfare. Not as amazing as Black Ops 2, but it's definitely cemented in my top 5. Once I return this to Redbox I'll jump on it come Black Friday.

Along with B. Ops 2.

Top Bottom