• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

aravuus

Goddamn this shit is laggy right now. Insane rubberbanding.

Still, double exp iss on so I have to play till I unlock that gung-ho again. I want to have fun with the game. Lol.

T.O.P

Banned
I'm loving the MP, really a lot

I also tried co-op today but we got REKT, is it better to go solo than with 4 randoms? Does anything change?

Ugh beat the campaign on Hardened and didn't get the trophy for beating it on that difficulty or the campaign itself. None of the missions are unlocked on the mission select screen and none of my intel is there either.

Wtf????

Also what is this Democracy mission on the list? Didn't play it and I can't find details anywhere.

Rixxan

are there any gameplays out there of players averaging 3.0KD, 4.0KD etc?

really want to see some footage from a top tier player

all i see are videos of horrendous netcode, lol

H4r4kiri

This game this game.... is totally broken in MP

We do not have to talk about Netcode, because it is HOt garbage, but there are other things that are so broken.

There is a BUG that you can't sprint. It always cancels the sprint and you get shot because of it.
Balance is totally of. BAL fest. SMG's are underpowered. MK14 totally underpowered.

Snipers are too weak. Just get Hitmarkers every single time.

Maps are very very ugly. In classic mode they are great, but with Exo just not playable. No skill involved.

TTK is way too low or to high, whatever the Netcode decides.

Spawns are hilarious.

HOW just HOW can a CoD get away with it and get reviews higher than 7 ? The Story was so flat and predictable at all times.

Killzone did everything better, besides Spawn.

Daffy Duck

We do not have to talk about Netcode, because it is HOt garbage, but there are other things that are so broken.

There is a BUG that you can't sprint. It always cancels the sprint and you get shot because of it.
Balance is totally of. BAL fest. SMG's are underpowered. MK14 totally underpowered.

Snipers are too weak. Just get Hitmarkers every single time.

Maps are very very ugly. In classic mode they are great, but with Exo just not playable. No skill involved.

TTK is way too low or to high, whatever the Netcode decides.

Spawns are hilarious.

HOW just HOW can a CoD get away with it and get reviews higher than 7 ? The Story was so flat and predictable at all times.

Killzone did everything better, besides Spawn.

Snipers are not weak at all! The MORS is a one shot kill.

Still on the fence about picking this up... Is it true that a few of the campaign missions are non-linear??

I'm just scared of my MW3 experience where I played 10 minutes of the campaign and felt no urge to go on. Does AW feel fresh on the SP front?

The people that make rulers called Sledgehammer to use it as a reference point for a perfectly straight line.

De_Legend

Banned
I guess I will pick the game up for christmas then.

Do you guys think it will be better in the next month or two. Or is the game crap, lol.

The Beard

Do you guys think it will be better in the next month or two. Or is the game crap, lol.

The game is very good at times and is worth picking up IMO. If you can get it on Black Friday for $45, I'd jump on it.

I think that's what Ghosts was going for last year and I believe it got off to a hotter start than AW has. Even though it was pure Ass.

aravuus

I have fun for one match and then everything gets frustrating again lol. Blops 3 plz.

Maybe

e: FUCK doing challenges to unlock important attachments, this is fucking stupid

Been sitting in a lobby for three minutes waiting for it to find enough players to start Ground War, one week after release... regretting not going with PS4 instead of PC.

BokehKing

Banned
Netcode has been in my favor all day, that or I finally smartened up game play wise.

Was a 0.74 this morning on ps4, now I'm a 0.86, my goal is a simple 1.0

So what are these special items we can earn in ranked play?

Kiant

Ugh beat the campaign on Hardened and didn't get the trophy for beating it on that difficulty or the campaign itself. None of the missions are unlocked on the mission select screen and none of my intel is there either.

Wtf????

Also what is this Democracy mission on the list? Didn't play it and I can't find details anywhere.

Yep a lot of people are suffering from this. Your exo suit stuff is probably lost as well.

There is a BUG that you can't sprint. It always cancels the sprint and you get shot because of it. .

Are you sure you are not using gung-ho, which simply lets you shoot as you run? ;)

I thought my sprint was broken too

I really dislike the killstreaks, most of them aren't really efficient and the ultra mega annoying system hack might go to the guiness book as the "most annoying idea in videogames history".. Also I kinda feel the guns don't match the futuristic approach in the game, and they could have had a cooler design

thejpfin

Been sitting in a lobby for three minutes waiting for it to find enough players to start Ground War, one week after release... regretting not going with PS4 instead of PC.

Something is wrong. I'm watching ground war lobby screen too, but nothing is happening.
Stuck on "waiting" or "trying to emerge lobbies".

When I finally got into ground war match. It was 6v2 with full 4 bar connection, but that 4bar felt like my ping was over 500ms. wtf.

I'm playing on Ps4.

Daffy Duck

I really dislike the killstreaks, most of them aren't really efficient and the ultra mega annoying system hack might go to the guiness book as the "most annoying idea in videogames history".. Also I kinda feel the guns don't match the futuristic approach in the game, and they could have had a cooler design

The system hack is ridiculously overpowered.

The Beard

The system hack is ridiculously overpowered.

Really ? I was using it until I got hit with it a few times and realized that it had almost zero effect on me. I still get kills while it's running. The only thing that sucks is the big X on your screen, but that only lasts for about 2 seconds.

Yep a lot of people are suffering from this. Your exo suit stuff is probably lost as well.

That seems to be the only thing that carried over. I started my Veteran run and missions seem to be saving and intel. I don't know what fucked up last time.

What about this Democracy mission?

Why do some of the cosmetic items from supply drops expire?

Nothing from a supply drop expires other than XP bonus or Care Package which gets used up the next match.

The items that expire are ones you earn for completing certain objectives, such as 5 headshots in a match.

Stay away from it at all costs. We've yet to see any patches, hot fixes or even general acknowledgnent of the biggest issues in MP. Save yourself the headache and some cash by waiting it out. If they fix it in a few months, you'll likely get it for half off.

But IMO, the game is unfixable without extreme tweaks, which will never happen.

I'm loving the multiplayer, the lagging is not as bad anymore at least on my play sessions. I actually like this 1000xs more than titanfall. Even after a lot of people were crapping all over it calling it a titanfall rip off.

jimminy1403

Neo Member
Is it just me or are there less crazy individual scores of like 41-4 like you used to see in previous CODs? Going through the leaderboards the best k/d ration I've seen is around 3. Most games the top player is in the teens or early 20s for kills.

Is it just me or are there less crazy individual scores of like 41-4 like you used to see in previous CODs? Going through the leaderboards the best k/d ration I've seen is around 3. Most games the top player is in the teens or early 20s for kills.
The game is designed to ensure that doesn't happen by nerfing killstreaks, revenge spawning, low TTK and a spider web of poorly designed maps that further compact bad spawns and make them worse.

Kiant

That seems to be the only thing that carried over. I started my Veteran run and missions seem to be saving and intel. I don't know what fucked up last time.

What about this Democracy mission?

Hm strange, for me it was all my Exo suit upgrades and intel were lost, I imagine the trophy won't ping either when I finally finish the game. Yet all of my progress to upgrade points remained the same.

Checked the wiki on IGN and there is no mention of a mission called Democracy.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

It's pretty rare that I see anyone with over 20 kills or a ratio over 2 in TDM.

Zero2kz

I see scores like that all of the time...

...because I am the one that gets them, lol.

Usually get 30-40 kills and 4-8 deaths in TDM. Of course only when the server cooperates.

I saw a blatant aimbotter on the PC version that went 35-0 and he was on his 4th prestige. Nice to see that reporting sure gets rid of them quickly. >_>

BokehKing

Banned
Now that I know certain maps and not jumping around like a moron (and getting paladin in care packages at least 10 times today) I'm having a lot more fun

But need to play with some gaffers (on ps4 or xbox1) though I been on ps4 all day, trying to prestige

Weetrick

Odd question: Does the physical PC version come with a download code (steam or otherwise)? I don't want to use a disc to play but I'd like to use my Best Buy GCU 20% discount (physical only).

I honestly have no idea, I can't remember the last time I bought a physical PC game. Thanks and forgive my ignorance!

My new way to have fun: Jumping rocket launcher. Constantly boost into the air splat 'em. Sure, I go negative every game, but who gives a crap =P

Top Bottom