• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

The Beard

Wow is this true because that would explain why I have been playing so good lately as the connection I am using at the minute is absolute crap while I am waiting for my proper connection to be setup. I was worried that having such a crap connection I would get rinsed every match but I have been absolutely dominating in the games I have played so far so maybe this lag compensation thing is kicking in and giving me easy kills.

Yes it's true. You better hold on to that shitty Internet connection if you want to continue having fun in COD MP.

I wasn't aware of this before, but it makes perfect sense now. I used to be a beast at COD when I had a shitty DSL connection with 100+ms ping. Now that I have a 20ms ping, I lose almost every face to face encounter and have to resort to camping if I want to avoid going -k/d.

These map layouts coupled with exo-movement don't help either. The zone I just cleared out will either have someone I just killed spawn facing me only 10ft away. Or somebody will jump 5 buildings in 3 seconds and shoot me in the back or from above.

Y must you be so fun and so frustrating at the same time ?

Ganhyun

Had thought about picking this up, but some friends who bought it and some things I seen online (confirmed here in this thread) have put me off.

If you want to see how bad the connections are right now go play a game with the TAC shotgun.
I've shot players at point blank range and "missed".
I hope they can fix this soon.

pVIsERLh.jpg

My 1st tdm game with this loadout and got a 1.75kd ratio.

Upinsmoke

OK I've just got really good for no reason whatsoever. Before my little session earlier I was averaging 1/1 kdr since launch. Then over the past couple of hours I've been anywhere between 2 and 4, AK12, foregrip, some zoomy sight and suppressor. Usual stealth perk setup and drone and uav. I don't know if the connections have stabilised or if it's just that setup but it's brilliant. Actually went 21 & 5 earlier, 4.20 kdr.

Hardly surprising, 360 and PS3 sales are dead at this point while Xbone/PS4 doesn't have the install base to beat previous COD's.
Next years numbers should be more interesting, if they don't see a boost there... then they're in trouble.

Sojgat

LOL, this fucking netcode.

One game I'll go 24k/4d, the next it's 8k/20d.

I can empty half a mag into someone, and not get any hit markers.

Feels like

i-shoot-you-tony-you-go-down-o.gif

just_myles said:
Game is kind of unpredictable now since everyone has jet packs. Also feels unplayable in multiplayer on ps3. Is this a thing CodGAF?

Strange had so many issues with this game over the weekend. Multiple crashes and insane lag. Not to mention slow down during campaign play. I get the feeling like this is going to be par the course for future iterations of call of duty on Ps3. So I guess I answered my own question. Thanks anyway CodGAF.

The Beard

Feels like

I'm in the same boat. It's near impossible to put more than 2 good games back 2 back.

I'll go + 20 one match, then the next match I'll start off with 6 straight deaths. If I had hair, it'd be pulled out by now.

aravuus

Feels like

Hah yeah, I have never played another multiplayer game where I could do so drastically differently between single matches playing the same way. Really telling how either luck based the game is and/or how much the connection matters.

Right now I'm just fucking around, like not really trying at all. I'm not losing my mind but then again, I'm not really having fun either. Just killing time I suppose.

So I beat the game. No trophy, no exo for completing and best of all, the game didn't register any of my saves beyond the Antartida mission. So if I want to replay any mission beyond that, I can't because according to the game, I haven't gone through them.

Tokubetsu

already asked but if i want to get full exo upgrade in SP but I already beat the game how do i do that? Is there a new game plus?

already asked but if i want to get full exo upgrade in SP but I already beat the game how do i do that? Is there a new game plus?
I assume you just select whatever chapter you want, there's a menu that lets you do that.

Is there a way to "dashboard" in the Xbox one version so I don't get a loss joining a losing game in progress?
Maybe this is a dumb question but why do you care? Just get out there and do the best you can.

Is that better than normal? I go no lower than 1.50 with this setup. I'd recommend equipping a grenade or scorestreak since there is a leftover point.

Lol beaten

I'm messing about with different loadouts at present so currently only on 0.85 ratio overall. My gamestyle is usually smg with silencer and cold blooded so this kf5 setup sits quite well at the moment.

Might try a different smg with better range.

Edit - so kf5 is best for range

MMaRsu

Hi everyone! I picked this up last week and I wanna get a good streak in Exo survival. Anybody wanna join me right now on PS4?

PSN id is MMaRsu

SFenton

So I'm going for the Exo Survival Veteran achievement. I'm wondering if I can:

A) Just start a single-player game and just die immediately, and have it count
B) Do the same thing in a private match with friends

Just looking for the quickest way to get this achievement done (I like the mode, but it's like some of Titanfall's achievements- it's just too grindy).

Yeah, this game is a blast to play when everything is going good. Certainly a new take on COD.

Shame it's not working as intended.
Only 1 in every 10 games or so is noticeably bad for me, but I do agree it needs some fixing. It's the best time I've had playing CoD in years.

RS4-

Lol fuck, picked up a bag of doritos, didn't look at the code.

Get home, the first 4-5 letters are rubbed off.

Anyway, my psn: resonating

edit - lol just finished a dom game where I pumped 6 headshots into two guys next to each other, neither died, but i did.

I thought they were supposed to have dedicated servers this time around? No more P2P bull shit...Guess that was a load of crap just like it was with Ghosts?

It does have dedicated... supposedly, but it's not P2P anymore, or at least not on Steam anyways. But yeah... some games will be smooth and others will be jittery as fuck. I have a brand new GTX 970 with fresh drivers.

Steam profile of a cheater http://bit.ly/1uUKBTn

Doesn't change his name so I recognized it as soon as I dropped into a game of ground war.

Even more surprising is that he keeps his steam profile open.. so I'm free to follow him into every match and shame. Shame!

I'd be surprised if the game isn't still P2P instead of servers on PC. I had host migration last night.. brought back memories.

mid83

This game probably levels the playing field more than any other COD with the new movement mechanics and overly complicated levels.

But If you're not willing to get your ass kicked for a while you're probably never going to get any good.

Yeah I guess that's pretty normal as a new player. It does get a little irritating at times.

I did a little of that combat readiness and then figured all I was doing was delaying the inevitable.

Any tips/suggestions for a new player to look out for? I guess with perks I should just experiment and find something that feels comfortable for me. Any specific weapons I should look at?

Ellite25

I really like this game, but the online is laggy as shit. I don't recall this ever being that big of an issue with CoD games before.

Sometimes I light a guy up and a hit doesn't even register or I'll get 10 bullets in him and he shoots me once and I drop. Plus the game lags and skips around totally messing up your ability to even aim. Hopefully this gets fixed.

I hardly notice any in game lag issues... (perhaps I am always host?!)

My big problem are the random disconnects... which I get once every 5 or 6 matches. It usually gets to a point where I just feel like the system is just telling me to stop playing this fucking game and I end up turning the system off...

I feel like each day the netcode gets worse, just joined a match where like 90% of time I shot someone in the back they would just turn around and kill me.

I'm having issues with chat and the ps4. I have the wireless headset for the ps4, but for some reason chat audio doesn't come through my headset, even though I have All Audio set for my headset options. The only solution I have found is having only chat audio come through my headset and the game audio from my tv. Anyone know how I can fix this so that ALL of the audio for this game comes out of my headset?

orava

I'm really liking the sci-fi setting and tech. You can see that the designers had fun working with the game. Gameplay and map design remind me that it's still a cod game though and i can't play very long sessions in one sitting.

Top Bottom