• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

New AMD beta driver out with CoD:AW performance increases and Crossfire support. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=394553

Wow, dude survived a good 20 seconds in the heat of battle somehow. If the game had higher health, I swear it would be so much more fun.

Also, I had a chance to call in a UAV on that jungle map, and oh my god you guys, the UAV was literally picking up enemies who freshly spawned behind me. Battle Theater would have exposed this easily, but I never knew how god awful the spawns were until seeing enemies pop up freshly on the radar.

Whew.. they need to give some lovin to the tac 19. Maybe I'm just not using ADS but.. it's a shotgun.. should be able to hipfire and out damage a guy with the laser from 2 feet.

Ground war spawns need to be adjusted for sure, game can't handle them.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Think I've had enough with this one. Getting this to run properly was a fucking nightmare. Constant hitching, inexcusable load times, extremely high ram usage that doesn't show the results onscreen, awful netcode and so much more. This was my first CoD after BLOPS, and it will most likely be the last for some time.

Azriell

I like this game, but the more I play it the now I realize how far from loving it I am. Exos are a cool idea that just make things far more chaotic than they need to be. I miss bottlenecks and feeling like you could control one side of a map and not worry about your back. It is a ton of fun, but it's hard for me get vested when I feel like I have such little control over the battlefield.

I'm hoping Treyarch's outing next year is closer to BO2 or WaW.

The Beard

Wow, dude survived a good 20 seconds in the heat of battle somehow. If the game had higher health, I swear it would be so much more fun.

Also, I had a chance to call in a UAV on that jungle map, and oh my god you guys, the UAV was literally picking up enemies who freshly spawned behind me. Battle Theater would have exposed this easily, but I never knew how god awful the spawns were until seeing enemies pop up freshly on the radar.

It would be so much better with a %50 health increase. I can no longer run into 2 or 3 guys and take them out. By the time I drop 1 guy, I'm already dead because it only takes 1 or 2 shots to drop me.

EL CUCO

So some people are not having their campaign progress recorded at about the Antattica chapter? Maybe I'll stay away from the story until that gets patched in.

RedFury

Loving the rail gun/sniper rifle. Just got like 9-10 easy kills shooting down a hallway on kill confirmed. There were so many dog tags there the enemies kept coming. Teammates would just run out and collect then go back to cover waiting for my next target. I got bitched at the end of the round for being "a hard scoping fag"...now I remember why I stopped playing CoD.

NYR

How long can you keep supply drop equipment? Just got a great ak12 that increases fire rate. Accuracy goes down one but quick fire plus high damage is making me beast.

People are so bad at Survival it boggles my mind. I've played tons of Killing Floor and Payday with random pubs and the average level of skill in those games is so much higher. As soon as the game starts everybody splits up, nobody helps anyone else up, 1 guy will grab all of the supply drops. Nobody talks except me until we are all dead and then all of a sudden they can type 'lol'. I can't deal. I've played like 100 games and I have beat round 25 ONCE. Fucking COD players. I'm done with this crap game. The single player sucked, the service is constantly down, the multi is just frustrating for me because the maps are so small. Even if I'm getting kills I'm still dead dead dead dead deadeadeadeadeadeadead.

*rage quit*

At least it was the most expensive game I have ever bought.

Why do people always go prone when they see me. Is this what they call drop shotting? Is that what all the MLG-Pro's do because it looks fucking stupid cause I just jump over them and dive kick their faces in.

yes thats drop shotting lmao

It's so silly seeing entire teams do it. Especially in this game where you can LITERALLY FLY AWAY but they instead choose to 'drop shot'.

When Battlefield 2 came out we called them dolphin-divers, and the only way to counter them was the noob tube.

The good old dolphin dive grenade spam Strike on Karkand memories. I'm not sure if I can call those good or bad memories.

IcyEyes

This is my favorite CoD (and I think the best one).I'm really, really enjoying it, even with the lag problems!
Moving around the map is incredibly fun with the exo (a lot more fun than Titanfall).

I didn't expect such improvement/change in the CoD series.

The pick 13 system is pretty fun. My most used load out is supply drop assault rifle with a grip and a sight. Then I get rid of my secondary weapon, exo ability, grenade, and score streaks to double up on my perks. Most of the perks I take are to make me invisible to technology. I think it's worth it because I stopped getting so many shots to the back of my head. The app says I've played 7 hours this week and I've had fun for most of them. There is one level that just seems to kill my frame rate. I've taken to quiting out when it comes up. I'm not alone in this practice. The game requires a good amount of seeing in the distance so playing on my Shield isn't optimal, but it still works good as a wireless controller.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Was i supposed to get a helmet for beating the campaign on normal? Because i didn't get shit, bug? I also got my two exo survival flip trophies by glitching the map on horizon

Chabbles

Finished the campaign earlier and put an hour or 2 into the online, and i think this COD is up there as one of the best.. Man these multiplayer maps are quality stuff.

The Beard

Ah, I remember the honeymoon.

Finished the campaign earlier and put an hour or 2 into the online, and i think this COD is up there as one of the best.. Man these multiplayer maps are quality stuff.

That's cute. Put a week into MP, you'll be wanting a divorce like the rest of us. Lol

Fucking COD players. I'm done with this crap game. The single player sucked, the service is constantly down, the multi is just frustrating for me because the maps are so small. Even if I'm getting kills I'm still dead dead dead dead deadeadeadeadeadeadead.

*rage quit*

At least it was the most expensive game I have ever bought.

Sojgat

Ah, I remember the honeymoon.

That's cute. Put a week into MP, you'll be wanting a divorce like the rest of us. Lol

Eh,netcode is for shit, but I still really like the game.

I rate the MP right after COD4's (in theory, if it worked properly, and the spawns weren't broken), and I think it's easily my favourite campaign in the franchise.

It's so silly seeing entire teams do it. Especially in this game where you can LITERALLY FLY AWAY but they instead choose to 'drop shot'.

Drop shotting still works in CQB situations. I always run past people and have to pull a 180 drop to avoid the hipfire.

Outside of that, dodging or just hopping to a platform is much better.

Mattenth

Anyone check how many people are on the Xbox One leaderboard for CoD? Really interested to see how many people are playing globally.

They got rid of the global heatmap with current player numbers :(

The music is this games campaign is lacking, what's there is really good, but compared to HGW's work within the metal gear series it can't compete. What bothers me more though is that it hardly plays during the campaign which is something I loved about MW2, the constant balfe/zimmer in my ear.

Anyone check how many people are on the Xbox One leaderboard for CoD? Really interested to see how many people are playing globally.

They got rid of the global heatmap with current player numbers :(

I'd like to know this as well, even for PS3 and 360.

On PS4 it's 2205404.

PSYGN

Drop shotting still works in CQB situations. I always run past people and have to pull a 180 drop to avoid the hipfire.

Outside of that, dodging or just hopping to a platform is much better.

Yes, you're right. It's also good when you spot another guy close behind him at a doorway or something, often times the second guy can't see you and will be spamming his bullets through his teammate and you'll be able to get them both from the ground.

Although in this game I've been doing the side dash and shooting the dropshotters with ease when it's not laggy.

I'm a big KC guy, but I think I just found my new favorite game mode: Momentum

The only one I play, forgot how much I missed it and I'm really glad they brought it back. Played a match of TDM earlier after playing mainly Momentum since the second day and it felt so slow paced and boring.

Spartix

Well pc version seems to be working great now i assume there was a patch? All my connections have stayed at full in every match. Feels great! This was actually from my second game today!

kuYuri

PC patch notes:

https://community.callofduty.com/thread/200912705

Title Update: PC

All below updates live as of 11/10/2014, 16:00 PST.

Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
Fixed Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
Fixed Marksman and Camo challenges to not reset when you prestige.
Connectivity optimizations for game servers.
Fixed issues with Ping Bar not updating correctly.
Fixed stats not accumulating towards leaderboards after prestiging.
Adjustment to challenges to unlock Camos for weapons.
Fixed round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
Fixed weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
Added description to reload informing that you can double-tap to speed reload.
Fixed double xp splash, so it doesn't show up in private match, combat readiness program, or survival mode.
Showing 4x or 2x based on whether a loot double xp item exists
Add double XP icon to medal splashes when double xp is active.
Fixed rare save game issue affecting playthrough progression
KC score limit increased to 85 per match.

EDIT: Some more stuff added to notes.

Top Bottom