• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

PSYGN

I can see how people would have trouble adapting if they've never played a multiplayer FPS with similar mechanics. I used to play a ton of Tribes and Tribes 2 so flying around, shooting people midair etc isn't new to me.

Yep, it's a lot more difficult to hold your own spot now that there's verticality involved and more travel in the aim in all directions instead of just some choke points in the lateral.

I've not seen a single aimbot yet thankfully, and I've only had to report two very blatant wallhackers.

I've seen 2 so far. It's not THAT bad, but... very annoying when it happens. The killcam looks like this:

Guy standing in 1 spot in the map. Enemy appears on screen. Gun IMMEDIATELY snaps and locks onto head. Kills guy, then gun IMMEDIATELY snaps to the other side of the screen right to my head head. Kills me.

I'm not sure how to point out wallhackers, but the aimbots are so damn obvious.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying this on PC. It looks surprisingly good, and stays around 60 FPS for me with supersampling (just 2x) enabled.

I actually really like the size of the maps. The constant action is what I love about the CoD series.

I like it too. But I would prefer if I had 2 seconds after spawning to get into action instead of just being shot in a back right away :)

I'm not saying they need to make this into battlefield, just give me enough time to position myself (get to a cover)

I thought I would hate this game in MP as I usually prefer a more slow paced FPS or ones where we can at least lock down points on the maps so with all the jumping around a hardly any bottle necks I thought this game wouldn't be for me. So glad I caved in and bought it now, I started off trying to play how I would normal play a COD game with setups that failed miserably as I'll be honest my aiming sucks and with people boosting and flying around everywhere I just couldn't hit anything.

I decided to change tactics and use a run and gun setup with an SMG using the element of speed and surprise to my advantage and wow the difference it has made is unbelievable now I am flying around the maps, boosting, dashing, sliding. Always running, always moving (thanks Gung Ho and Scavenger) and just mowing down anyone who gets in my way. My K/D is flying up but even better than that my score per min is also rocketing and I'm frequently coming top of the board in games I play now. It's completely changed my play style and I got to say I am having an absolute blast with this new setup.

It's also funny hearing my friends raging as they have still yet to find their groove in the game so always funny hearing them reacting to me zipping around them when they are on the opposite team.

I like it too. But I would prefer if I had 2 seconds after spawning to get into action instead of just being shot in a back right away :)

I'm not saying they need to make this into battlefield, just give me enough time to position myself (get to a cover)

I've not had to many bad spawns myself but my friends are always complaining about it, would it be so hard to like give you 3 seconds or something of invincibility upon respawn just to give you a few seconds to find some cover.

Ensoul

It's the exo suits. People can't cope with them. There is literally no safe place in any of the maps. There are always more than 2 ways to enter an area. When you are up against players that know how to use their exos well and keep on how to navigate the map, and most of your team is still playing like it's BO2. You're going to get wrecked.

For the guy you quoted, I'd suggest he play some Classic and see how consistent his matches are then.

Yeah I believe this to be true as well. Many people will have a hard time getting into a rythm because at any given moment you can be shot. There is not one safe place on the map for any amount of time.

Beside the lag issues I think people are just frustrated dying all the times whether it is from side back or dying seconds after killing someone.

There is skill involved but there is also a huge element of luck involved in this game as well.

I also dislike the EXO. I am a not great COD player, my KD ratio is 0.7, but EXO just makes things worse LOL. Hate shooting at people midair. My KD ratio is much better with on BF4

Guys,

I don't own this game yet but may pick it up between now and Xmas. I have been following the thread and some nice 60fps footage on YouTube .......

I would like to grab your opinions on how you feel about this games mobility AND more importantly the prospect of playing the next COD title in November 2015 and the possibility that you will be back to controlling a normal soldier with the range of movements we have all been used to over the last 7 or so years.

Will this potential lack or mobility be seen as a step back or 'boring' to the guys who have played AW all year and built up some muscle memory for the Exo abilities.

I am genuinely fascinated where the next COD game will take us and how it will be received. Many of my friends have no interest in AW because of the futuristic setting and Exo boosted mobility .... All they want is to be a regular soldier again with modern/past weaponry.

It seems some people may not be able to go back to that and the series' fanbase will be split in two.

What say you ?

Personally I'll have a really hard time going back to the old way. Exo suits are so much fun and really gave the series a much needed change.

Also, tell your friends that there is a classic playlist that doesn't use the suits so they can always play that. Has TDM, Dom, KC and SnD.

Chabbles

First match results, still got it baby - Was surprised the connection was so stable, everyone had full bars except one dude who was on red at one point, maybe he left.
Call_of_Duty_Advanced_Warfare_20141110162512.jpg

Do player cards reset upon prestige? I know that emblems do, but aren't supposed to and if you have them open and unsaved in the app you can restore them after prestige. But I don't know if player cards are supposed to reset too.

Guys,

I don't own this game yet but may pick it up between now and Xmas. I have been following the thread and some nice 60fps footage on YouTube .......

I would like to grab your opinions on how you feel about this games mobility AND more importantly the prospect of playing the next COD title in November 2015 and the possibility that you will be back to controlling a normal soldier with the range of movements we have all been used to over the last 7 or so years.

Will this potential lack or mobility be seen as a step back or 'boring' to the guys who have played AW all year and built up some muscle memory for the Exo abilities.

I am genuinely fascinated where the next COD game will take us and how it will be received. Many of my friends have no interest in AW because of the futuristic setting and Exo boosted mobility .... All they want is to be a regular soldier again with modern/past weaponry.

It seems some people may not be able to go back to that and the series' fanbase will be split in two.

What say you ?

Assuming the next game is Black Ops 3, I'll be surprised if they don't have Exo Suits of some kind. It seems easy for them to incorporate a lot of the AW tech since Black Ops 3 would probably be in another futuristic setting.

I think it's going to be really hard to go back to the old gameplay after getting into AW Multiplayer. I really love this one...it feels like the first big change since Modern Warfare and it's worked out excellently.

Do player cards reset upon prestige? I know that emblems do, but aren't supposed to and if you have them open and unsaved in the app you can restore them after prestige. But I don't know if player cards are supposed to reset too.

No they don't, but progress towards cards does. So you might want to wait for a patch if you are working towards one.

Progress towards gun camo also resets.

LeonSPBR

Both the emblem and player card that you get, they stays unlocked after the prestige. You can redo their challenges but they don't give anything new.

Daffy Duck

Just a heads up for a post I made a few pages back about getting back your emblems after you prestige.

Not sure if people know you can get your emblems back after you prestige (they appear to be wiped when you prestige) I tested this on the iOS app.

I simply went into the emblem editor on the app on one of the boxes with the + in it under my gallery and backed out immediately (pressing the arrow in the top left of the screen), it then said loading emblem and my emblem was restored again. I did it on another box and it restored another emblem I'd made.

Just an FYI for people who lost an emblem.

I did private
The first 100 rounds went quick because we were just casually playing the first couple days. Started grinding Sunday and got it done in a short while. You can unlock the character buy having a friend who already has the riot map unlocked and have him/her host the private match. You get new gear at different parts of the 200 waves.

Do you have to do all 200+ levels in one go or do they count upwards? I don't understand how the survival mode works.

Vidpixel

So, how many people here use the Tactical button layout? I'm still on the fence whether I should make the complete switch to it or not.

EL CUCO

I'm FINALLY starting to get some traction with this MP. This is the first COD I've played with an actual learning curve. Went from a bottom 3 to averaging in the top 3. I'm starting to get some scorestreaks consistently now. I'm definitely using my prestige token on Hardline, though.

Man I was getting my ass kicked at first.

Recall

I don't trust anyone who only plays team death match. Hardpoint is my go to mode and I know lots certainly love Search and Destroy.

Has anyone heard of the bloodshed helmet? Apparently it's a super rare drop that only the best of the best get, and it only lasts a short time before its gone forever. I sure would like to see it myself some day.

EL CUCO

Has anyone heard of the bloodshed helmet? Apparently it's a super rare drop that only the best of the best get, and it only lasts a short time before its gone forever. I sure would like to see it myself some day.

It's a 5 killstreak reward. I get one every time its available. Definitely nothing best of the best worthy lol

I've been having a string of bad connection games.

90% of the games I've been in has had everyone's connectivity bouncing around inconsistently.

Despite my frustrations though, this game is pretty damn fun.

Jblanks

Holy crap, every now and then in Domination I run into teams that seem to be complete gluttons for punishment. I understand the idea of going for points at all costs, but some of these guys running to cap points don't even seem to try to shoot back.

School of Attack !!

Jeff-DSA

Wow, I got taken for a sucker. I picked the game up to play over the weekend. Not only did I run into bugs in the single player (enemies wouldn't spawn in where they were supposed to be triggered so events didn't start, got stuck in geometry a couple of times), but the multiplayer was nearly unplayable with the lag compensation. I mean, sure, I could play, but it was a nightmare of people being a full second or so ahead of me in the game.

Fix this game, Activsion. This is a worthless game right now given what I'm experiencing.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
First match results, still got it baby - Was surprised the connection was so stable, everyone had full bars except one dude who was on red at one point, maybe he left.
http://s21.postimg.org/9qqcueuxz/Call_of_Duty_Advanced_Warfare_20141110162512.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

I don't think I've had a single game like that yet.

So, the better your ping is the worst lag comp you going to get?

I ping like average 15ms to the servers i connect to, but i just lose every 1v1.

I come across some dude and i'm dead in a flash, can't even get my gun up.
And in the rare occasion i get my gun up and fire a couple of shots, in the killcam i just walk up to the dude doing nothing, just standing there like a complete retard. And i see the dude bringing his gun up, aiming all in a sea of time..

Back to bf4 for now, there gunfights are fair at least.

mid83

So how is this CoD compared to others in terms of newbies wanting to get into online miltiplayer? I tried my hand in CoD ghosts but the massive maps and camping turned me off. Made me feel that the game was pretty unapproachable as a new player. Is AW any different? Should I give up the notion of ever learning a playing multiplayer in CoD now that I'm years behind in skill (or so it feels like :/).

I ping like average 15ms to the servers i connect to, but i just lose every 1v1.

And in the rare occasion i get my gun up and fire a couple of shots, in the killcam i just walk up to the dude doing nothing, just standing there like a complete retard. And i see the dude bringing his gun up, aiming all in a sea of time..

I feel your pain man. :[

I average around 20ms and I still get decked in gun fights before I even react. On MW2 or even BO2, gun fights were never this unfair outside of pure host advantage.

Guys,

What say you ?

I have no issue going back to the old way, at all.

The old way is grounded, and feels more like a personal game. The old way supports more varied playstyles and the old way has a nice feeling of control and predictability: these are good things for a shooter like COD. They help with the flow and rhythm of the game.

I like exos. But I sometimes wish this was its own spinoff IP. I guess in some ways it is. But I would love to go back to the grounded style. This is definitely a nice change, despite its many issues.

I feel your pain man. :[

I average around 20ms and I still get decked in gun fights before I even react. On MW2 or even BO2, gun fights were never this unfair outside of pure host advantage.

it has to work like that right? i mean people with really low pings like us get lag compensated for the lowest common denominator, right?

Radec

finished the campaign, fun ride.

I'm surprised the variety of levels you'll be getting into.

The game is beautiful as well.

The Beard

Lol

Yeah it's pretty rare. I only unlock it once per match.

So, how many people here use the Tactical button layout? I'm still on the fence whether I should make the complete switch to it or not.

I use it. I always prefer using Right Stick for crouch/Prone.
Shame there's no option to change sprint to L1, or even use the Minecraft method.

Fyi got a 30 price match for the Brandsmart usa ad.
Got it at the Walmart in Cedar Park for those in the Austin area. Apparently quit a few Best Buys are price matching too. YMMV

So the game is awesome so far. Loving the variety.

In SP I just beat the
antarctica/ice level
how much further is there? I'm hoping I have a decent amount still as it's been a fun ride

Also-my friend said that unlocks can expire? So if I get a cool helmet it can go away if I stop playing? Please say he was speaking nonsense haha

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've not seen a single aimbot yet thankfully, and I've only had to report two very blatant wallhackers.

Well I can't say that anymore, just met my first, and he was level 1. Reported him and left, fuck him.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So how is this CoD compared to others in terms of newbies wanting to get into online miltiplayer? I tried my hand in CoD ghosts but the massive maps and camping turned me off. Made me feel that the game was pretty unapproachable as a new player. Is AW any different? Should I give up the notion of ever learning a playing multiplayer in CoD now that I'm years behind in skill (or so it feels like :/).

This game probably levels the playing field more than any other COD with the new movement mechanics and overly complicated levels.

But If you're not willing to get your ass kicked for a while you're probably never going to get any good.

Wow is this true because that would explain why I have been playing so good lately as the connection I am using at the minute is absolute crap while I am waiting for my proper connection to be setup. I was worried that having such a crap connection I would get rinsed every match but I have been absolutely dominating in the games I have played so far so maybe this lag compensation thing is kicking in and giving me easy kills.

aravuus

Second time the game has crashed on my PS4 in 14 gameplay hours. Great programming work.

e: lmao waiting a couple of minutes had me thrown to main menu. well, at least i didn't lose the double kill i got on sac3. one more and rapid fire is mine again. i want to get gung-ho and scavenger so desperately that i'm redeeming pretty much every single item i get for exp lol.

Top Bottom