• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Cavalier

Banned
I am on the fence about this. I've been watching the thread and it's amazing how the game went from awesome to dogshit in a matter of days.

Most got tired of all the negativity in this thread and just left. I'm still loving the fuck out of this game on X1. No problems here :)

Thread should be renamed to "Call of Duty Advanced Complaint Warfare: House of Whiners"

Here you go.

Complete campaign on veteran helmet:
B2EBrKUIgAE-Q0n.jpg:large

And this is a complete atlas soldier set for fully upgrading your exo:
B2EBmlGIQAAVEfF.jpg:large
Awesome, thanks.

soxxx

Banned
Anyone else feel like they are playing smash bros? damn sometimes I am smashing on the controller left and right, escaping, and everything haha.

COD games are always the best the day they come out, then the worst thing ever the following week.

Pick the game up if you're at all interested, it's a great step for the series if you're a fan.

I am on the fence about this. I've been watching the thread and it's amazing how the game went from awesome to dogshit in a matter of days.
It's the exo suits. People can't cope with them. There is literally no safe place in any of the maps. There are always more than 2 ways to enter an area. When you are up against players that know how to use their exos well and keep on how to navigate the map, and most of your team is still playing like it's BO2. You're going to get wrecked.

For the guy you quoted, I'd suggest he play some Classic and see how consistent his matches are then.

rainy_day

I finished the exo survival on riot last night.
Man, I really wish I didn't spoil the
Zombies reveal
for myself. It would have been crazy if I had discovered it on my own. Thought they did a good job at setting up the dlc.
Love the gear I got from it.
Prestiged once, I still need to play the campaign.

Does anyone know if we are going to get a custom audio setting for the Sony Golds?

A couple days ago I actually didn't encounter the reload bug. Every time I reloaded I had the correct amount of ammo left over. This also coincided with me experiencing very little lag in all of the matches I played; they were actually the best feeling matches I've played since launch. So now I'm just assuming this reload glitch is related to lag somehow.

edit: I only see a few people who have an issue with the exo suits, everybody is complaining about the lag comp, and rightfully so if since it basically makes or breaks online multi.

Daffy Duck

How long did the exo stuff take you? Did you do it alone in a private match?

I really want the zombie stuff for MP but 200+ levels seems like a grind.

rainy_day

How long did the exo stuff take you? Did you do it alone in a private match?

I really want the zombie stuff for MP but 200+ levels seems like a grind.

I did private
The first 100 rounds went quick because we were just casually playing the first couple days. Started grinding Sunday and got it done in a short while. You can unlock the character buy having a friend who already has the riot map unlocked and have him/her host the private match. You get new gear at different parts of the 200 waves.

xinek

Yep. Was waiting for a decent Black Friday deal, now I'm not so sure. I really wanted this to be a winner -- COD multiplayer is one of my favorite pick it up and put it down games.

Yep. Was waiting for a decent Black Friday deal, now I'm not so sure. I really wanted this to be a winner -- COD multiplayer is one of my favorite pick it up and put it down games.
I am really, really liking this COD after personally declaring Ghosts the worst game of console launch. A couple of patches, (and dedicated servers, do we already have them?), and everything will be good.

I play with friends who are attacking objectives so YMMV.

The Exo movement is just too fun, I can play classic modes that have more predictable enemy movements, but I'll take to good with the bad because getting great with exo gives some satisfying kills.

Boosting past someone to shoot them in the back, boosting backwards right when you run into someone so they miss their melee attack, ground pounding people, escaping death by boosting to the nearest cover, it's even funny when someone out maneuvers the hell out of you with their own tricks. This means enemy prediction on the map is pretty much gone, but I'm still enjoying AW a lot.

The Exo movement is just too fun, I can play classic modes that have more predictable enemy movements, but I'll take to good with the bad because getting great with exo gives some satisfying kills.

Boosting past someone to shoot them in the back, boosting backwards right when you run into someone so they miss their melee attack, ground pounding people, escaping death by boosting to the nearest cover, it's even funny when someone out maneuvers the hell out of you with their own tricks. This means enemy prediction on the map is pretty much gone, but I'm still enjoying AW a lot.

They could have fixed it by having larger maps. It works fine in Titanfall...

PSYGN

Exactly, as a run and gunner I'm always putting myself into these situations and it has actually helped pay off in this game because a lot of players played slower and more methodically in previous games trying to hold down lanes but I just fly up over and smack them in the head now. I love dashing around a corner and juking players. I love pretending to not see an enemy on the other side of a structure and continuing to run that way in his view, only to dash back around the other side and trick him. There have been so many cool moments. I think if you're a rusher and have quick reflexes/aiming this game will be your favorite. I also love being able to get to cover quicker when you see someone perched on the rooftop aiming your way, whereas in past games you're pretty much SOL past a certain point.

The only problem I'm having is lag right now. It'll be good for a few matches and craptacular for another with slow hit registration. In Ghosts I'd have 1 laggy match in 20 or 30 matches, and in this game it feels like 1 every 5 matches.

Zombine

Banned
Holy crap, every now and then in Domination I run into teams that seem to be complete gluttons for punishment. I understand the idea of going for points at all costs, but some of these guys running to cap points don't even seem to try to shoot back.

Archpath1

Holy crap, every now and then in Domination I run into teams that seem to be complete gluttons for punishment. I understand the idea of going for points at all costs, but some of these guys running to cap points don't even seem to try to shoot back.

Those guys are my favorite :)

I'm like that except we actually turn the tide and win hah

You people really need to stop playing TDM and play objective modes, mainly something like Momentum where everyone is constantly moving forward or back and people actually stay and work together. Way less bullshit deaths from random places.

Most got tired of all the negativity in this thread and just left. I'm still loving the fuck out of this game on X1. No problems here :)

Thread should be renamed to "Call of Duty Advanced Complaint Warfare: House of Whiners"

People complain when they have good reason to. Shocking, i know.

Guys,

I don't own this game yet but may pick it up between now and Xmas. I have been following the thread and some nice 60fps footage on YouTube .......

I would like to grab your opinions on how you feel about this games mobility AND more importantly the prospect of playing the next COD title in November 2015 and the possibility that you will be back to controlling a normal soldier with the range of movements we have all been used to over the last 7 or so years.

Will this potential lack or mobility be seen as a step back or 'boring' to the guys who have played AW all year and built up some muscle memory for the Exo abilities.

I am genuinely fascinated where the next COD game will take us and how it will be received. Many of my friends have no interest in AW because of the futuristic setting and Exo boosted mobility .... All they want is to be a regular soldier again with modern/past weaponry.

It seems some people may not be able to go back to that and the series' fanbase will be split in two.

What say you ?

It's more about set lanes being a part of COD and enemies being able to go anywhere, at anytime now. And I thought people didn't like the pilot v pilot gameplay in Titanfall.....

I liked it quite a lot. In Titanfall you could still flank, but it didn't feel random like it does in COD. You could tell what side of the map you were on. If the maps were larger you would need to survive for longer to be able to flank.

This is kind of dealbreaker for me in AW. I don't play very tactically to begin with and random flanking makes this even worse. So in one game my K/D ration could be 2.7 and the next 0.2. Feels like it's mostly due to luck.

Gorillaz

Guys,

I don't own this game yet but may pick it up between now and Xmas. I have been following the thread and some nice 60fps footage on YouTube .......

I would like to grab your opinions on how you feel about this games mobility AND more importantly the prospect of playing the next COD title in November 2015 and the possibility that you will be back to controlling a normal soldier with the range of movements we have all been used to over the last 7 or so years.

Will this potential lack or mobility be seen as a step back or 'boring' to the guys who have played AW all year and built up some muscle memory for the Exo abilities.

I am genuinely fascinated where the next COD game will take us and how it will be received. Many of my friends have no interest in AW because of the futuristic setting and Exo boosted mobility .... All they want is to be a regular soldier again with modern/past weaponry.

It seems some people may not be able to go back to that and the series' fanbase will be split in two.

What say you ?
The mobility changes the meta game up so much I love it

No way in hell will I go back to normal CoD mobility, we had rhe same setup for over 7 years, lets change it up for once

julrik

Quick question:

I'm about to walk out the door to buy the game. Should I? Is it worth it? Very different opinions on Metacritic. Some say it's good, while others hate it. Help?

I liked MW 1&2 and BO.

Hated Ghosts, and didn't like MW3 and BO2 very much either.

People have all the right to complaint about something they paid for. If you are having a good experience, good on you but not everyone is having the same so drop the smug attitude along with your exosuit.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Quick question:

I'm about to walk out the door to buy the game. Should I? Is it worth it? Very different opinions on Metacritic. Some say it's good, while others hate it. Help?

I liked MW 1&2 and BO.

Just be aware, the game requires you to be even more aware of your surroundings than previous versions. If you rage at getting shot in the back, then it's not for you. If you can adapt, it's a lot of fun.

Gorillaz

Quick question:

I liked MW 1&2 and BO.

Exo suits makes it fast paced and a run/gun player paradise

If you like the black ops 2 style of slowing down the tempo in a match, then this might not win you over

house of whinners? You should come to my house and play for 10 minutes. Then you'll know what we're talking about. The lag is unbearable for me. I have to exit buildings 3 times because the first 2 I get teleported back.

People have all the right to complaint about something they paid for. If you are having a good experience, good on you but not everyone is having the same so drop the smug attitude along with your exosuit.
If some people don't like exos then they can just play Classic.

If they are complaining about the netcode, then I am right there with them.

x-Lundz-x

Any word on them getting the SP bugs fixed with the Intel, level completion, and Exo Challenges being reset?

I stopped playing and am going to start over but want to wait until this is patched.

aravuus

Well, that's one way to completely disregard legitimate faults in the game and make a fool out of yourself, I guess.

We're talking about CoD, the game people love to shit on. I think the people in this thread have been very reasonable.

Quick question:

I liked MW 1&2 and BO.

If you are a quick learner and just do what everyone else does....you'll like it. The double jump and exo boost throw some variety in multiplayer.

VICI0US

man I'm so tired of lag compensation.

i can't even count the number of times I've fired half a magazine into an enemy, died, then watched the killcam and it shows me not even firing a single round.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
man I'm so tired of lag compensation.

i can't even count the number of times I've fired half a magazine into an enemy, died, then watched the killcam and it shows me not even firing a single round.

Yeah, this.

Lag compensation sucks the fattest nut.

PSYGN

Just be aware, the game requires you to be even more aware of your surroundings than previous versions. If you rage at getting shot in the back, then it's not for you. If you can adapt, it's a lot of fun.

Yep. A lot of the competitive pro players want the non-exo stuff back in the next game, they just can't adapt as they're used to playing strategically/defensively. I just want a dream team of aggressive and accurate players like Insomulus, Pwnstarz, TheMarkofJ, DyingSoldier, Ronaldinho, oTrademark and the like to team up. I'm willing to bet that more than ever they have a chance of succeeding against these "pro" MLG players and their low sensitivity. The MLG players have good map awareness/callouts and strategic teamwork but I think in this game it won't matter as much as you're able to cross over structures to other lanes

Yeah, this.

Lag compensation sucks the fattest nut.

All multiplayer games have lag compensation. Without it, you'd be seeing the original Quake's multiplayer(note, not QuakeWorld). Your inputs would be delayed, people would be jerking around everywhere, etc.

With lag compensation, your client responds instantly, but the server(whether dedicated or listen) decides via its own world simulation which events it actually records as occurring and when.

Rudakus

Quick question:

I liked MW 1&2 and BO.

I'm having a blast with the game. Last COD I really played was MW2 and then I mostly played MAG (Loved that f'n game) I also enjoyed BF once MAG started to drop in player count/went offline. It's very fast and enjoyable. I'm not very good (my first 30 min I had a K/D ratio of .26), but in my next hour and a half of game time I've brought it up a lot. I haven't played the single player yet so I can't comment on that. Personally if you're a fan of FPS I'd say get it it's a lot of fun and much better than what the BF: Hardline Demo was.

Yep. A lot of the competitive pro players want the non-exo stuff back in the next game, they just can't adapt as they're used to playing strategically/defensively.

I can see how people would have trouble adapting if they've never played a multiplayer FPS with similar mechanics. I used to play a ton of Tribes and Tribes 2 so flying around, shooting people midair etc isn't new to me.

E92 M3

veteran seems to be easier than past CODs...at the very least a lot less frustrating so far. Only beat a few missions so far though...so maybe it'll go back to being cheap later on lol

Veteran is definitely not cheap and pretty consistent over the course of the campaign. Nothing compared to COD4 and MW2.

Top Bottom