• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Anyone on the PS4 face trophy/save issues?

I am done with the campaign on veteran( and it was remarkably paced, fantastic moments, brilliant visuals), but in my chapter select, i am unable to select chapter beyond utopia. And the campaign completion trophies didn't unlock. But trophies for completing individual chapters appear to be unlocked. in the SP option, I am seeing the option resume game, hitting resume, resumes the final mission on Veteran. How to fix this problem gaf?

Anyone on the PS4 face trophy/save issues?

I am done with the campaign on veteran( and it was remarkably paced, fantastic moments, brilliant visuals), but in my chapter select, i am unable to select chapter beyond utopia. And the campaign completion trophies didn't unlock. But trophies for completing individual chapters appear to be unlocked. in the SP option, I am seeing the option resume game, hitting resume, resumes the final mission on Veteran. How to fix this problem gaf?

It's a known bug. You'll need to play it over again using new campaign, not mission select.

Wow there are much more 360 and especially PS3 players than I thought. I guess CoD is the only thing that really brings out last gen buyers.

Gonna be honest I was expecting Bone to be higher than PS4 since Destiny wasn't too much in Sony's favor.

That was in the US though not WW. Expect to see AW sell much more on the XB1 in the US, but less worldwide due to the lower install base.

It's surprising that the numbers could even be so close worldwide since the XB1 is pretty much "dead" outside of the US/UK. It just shows how much marketing deals matter.

I decided to test the hypothesis that a crappy connection results in an advantage in this game.

A quick search gave me this program, which lets you screw up your connection in many arbitrary ways.

My connection is decent. I live in the Netherlands and I think some of the game's servers are hosted here. Normally I should have a ping under 20ms, so I added a delay of 70 ms to my outgoing traffic. I played a couple of games and the result was very noticeable. No more instant deaths. It felt like I was ahead of the other players. They couldn't touch me. Nothing you would expect from playing with a ping of 120.

If this isn't a fluke, this is ridiculous. This feels like cheating.

vAJh45g.png

I'm not surprised, it was like this for MW3 at the beginning too; the worse your connection, the more of an advantage you had. But you shouldn't spread this type of stuff because network manipulation is considering cheating.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished this yesterday (after getting over the crashes on a particular level), Ill mirror what I said in the steam thread, its EASILY the best COD campaign since COD4, I really liked it, and playing it right after Ghosts...yeesh (yeesh for Ghosts that is)

gideon and Ilora are both great aswell which helps

one armed shooting was a cool twist

anthym

Neo Member
Anyone using a SCUF controller for the PS4?

I just ordered one because those paddles seem genuinely useful, but man was it expensive.

Yep. I love mine:

I also use KontrolFreeks and I put a decal on it from flaming toast.

It took me a couple of days to get used to it but once you do you can't go back. My only gripe is that after a really long session my hands start cramping.

Anyways, I finally got the chance to play this past Friday when i moved. I had already bought the game digitally but hadn't downloaded because I was on DSL which peaked at 3Mbps/.5Mbps. Now I have gigabit fibre that averages anywhere from 600Mbps/600Mbps to 900ish. Ping is usually less than 5ms. It only took me about 20 mins to fully download the game. Probably would have been higher but PSN really limits my speeds.

As a long time COD player I would rank this one below MW, MW2, and BO2 but above all the others. It has that COD feel but plays a lot differently. I already knew about the connection issues before I started playing and knew what to expect. I've been having a blast but I do think it's ridiculous that with a connection like mine that I'm still getting red bars all of the time. Once that's fixed it will hopefully play a lot better. Momentum and Uplink are by far my favorite modes. For the hell of it every now and then I'll go into TDM and the players are noticeably worse so it makes for some easy kills.

The game does have some balance issues. My favorite gun is the ASM1(SMG) but i'm at a disadvantage if I go up against anyone with a BAL or really any AR. Shotguns are pretty much useless and there's only one good sniper. All of this will be fixed as this is the norm at every COD launch. I've got the season pass already so I hope SHGames makes me happy and brings some solid content our way.

d9b

Banned
Was i supposed to get a helmet for beating the campaign on normal? Because i didn't get shit, bug? I also got my two exo survival flip trophies by glitching the map on horizon
People glitching Horizon map are ruining Infected games. Seriously. Assholes.

Fletcher

I just want to say as someone who HATED the ps3 controller with a passion, the PS4 controller is soooo much better. I avoided most FPS games on playstation because the controller was so bad. Good job on controller design Sony!

Anyone know when double XP ends?

Thought it was just supposed to be for the weekend.
No idea. But I really hope it goes through tomorrow. I want to get through level 50 so I can prestige.

Speaking of which, is prestiging really buggy? I don't want to do it yet if I'm going to lose a bunch of stuff (challenge progress etc).

RedAssedApe

Banned
got 1.05 as well. doesn't list anything specific just says bug fixes. hopefully this is the network patch but i think their blog said there were gonna be two patches going out?

Jakeh111

For some reason I really suck at this MP. I think it has to do with the jumping but damn do I suck. I did really well in previous games in pubs now im like in last or close to last in TDM. Maps feel very non CoD

I was just going to post about this. I've had 6 unlock because I already met the requirements when including the stats I lost after prestiging. Very happy to see this fixed

This patch has fixed so many small things it's great. I don't know if they did anything to the netcode but my connection is the best it's been since I bought it. All of my bullets are hitting when they should and I haven't felt cheated when I lose a gunfight.

I would have the odd good game but then I would be back to under 1 k/d in the next match. I haven't had a game where i have had less than 30 kills and atleast a 2 k/d.

zonezeus

The patch must really be working, I'm noticing HUGE improvement in lag and lag compensation on PC. It's like night and day, overnight I went from a total scrub and cannon fodder always at the bottom of the table to top 2 in every second match, from negative k/d ratio in every single game to positive k/d almost every time. I'll keep playing to see whether these past couple of hours were just a temporal improvement, but right now it's like a totally different game for me, I can't believe they actually fixed it.

The patch must really be working, I'm noticing HUGE improvement in lag and lag compensation on PC. It's like night and day, overnight I went from a total scrub and cannon fodder always at the bottom of the table to top 2 in every second match, from negative k/d ratio in every single game to positive k/d almost every time. I'll keep playing to see whether these past couple of hours were just a temporal improvement, but right now it's like a totally different game for me, I can't believe they actually fixed it.

Every match I've been in has been the same as before. Everyone's connection constantly fluctuating 1 and 4 bars.

lol, so which is it?

I'm afraid that they'll go too hard on balancing lag compensation and cause the game to be unplayable for people like me that average 80-120ms pings.

Vorheez

Yep, that's plenty. Guess you're just unlucky, no lag here. Hope AW MP connection issues will improve for you.
Thanks. I'll be dropping in with periodic updates, I'm hoping for the same outcome, game is a ton of fun to play just incredibly infuriating right now.

Top Bottom