• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

What's better lower or higher number for ping?

The lower the ping the better in theory. In practice lower pings get shit on by the current lag compensation. I just don't want them to do a complete 180 on it so people with higher pings get completely shit on.

Phear

I just don't want them to do a complete 180 on it so people with higher pings get completely shit on.

But it's what it should be. If my ping is bad and i lose because of this, it's ok. Nothing else would be. We're in 2014.

How do you have 80-120 ms ping?

Edit: I don't want to piss you off, i'm just curious.

d9b

Banned
The lower the ping the better in theory. In practice lower pings get shit on by the current lag compensation. I just don't want them to do a complete 180 on it so people with higher pings get completely shit on.
My ping last night was 11ms. Not sure if that was just a pure luck of the moment. Will test again tonight. As I said before, no connection issues here (ps4/ EU).

But it's what it should be. If my ping is bad and i lose because of this, it's ok. Nothing else would be. We're in 2014.

How do you have 80-120 ms ping?

Edit: I don't want to piss you off, i'm just curious.

Tell that to the American internet infrastructure.
I live in a semi-rural area and all I can get is Verizon DSL.

Phear

Here in Germany almost every ISP offers a Fastpath Ping-Reduction for a few bucks. I'm always below 10 ms, more like 5. And CoD:AW is unplayable for me... :(

I need to contact my ISP if I can get interleaving turned off (Fastpath on), but I have no idea if Verizon does it or will even let me do it at my current speeds.

Can you map thrusting to something other than L3?

It's absolutely moronic. I challenge any of you to thrust perpendicularly to the left without firing off every neuron in your brain for concentration, or feeling as if you're going to snap the left side of your controller off.

Such a crucial mechanic mapped to the least ergonomic button. Good going.

Ensoul

Question for those who do objectives. Do you guys usually end up having more death than kills? I am going after objectives but I'm dying like 15 to 20 more times that I'm killing people.

For some reason I really suck at this MP. I think it has to do with the jumping but damn do I suck. I did really well in previous games in pubs now im like in last or close to last in TDM. Maps feel very non CoD

I've been having the same problem. On the last CoD I played (Black Ops) my K/D was around 2.4 but I've been doing badly on AW. Played Classic TDM last night though and I did a lot better without all the exo stuff.

Here in Germany almost every ISP offers a Fastpath Ping-Reduction for a few bucks. I'm always below 10 ms, more like 5. And CoD:AW is unplayable for me... :(

Same here buddy, i ping about 15ms to the dedicated servers, unplayable even after the patch..

If this next patch doesn't bring improvements, i'm done with cod.. i just can't play it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm afraid that they'll go too hard on balancing lag compensation and cause the game to be unplayable for people like me that average 80-120ms pings.

Currently people with good connections are at a massive disadvantage, and that's not right, I shouldn't be punished for having good Internet.

Daffy Duck

wat?
cyYtiBj.gif

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...ugen&vid=b77b888f-c160-4580-bcc9-195db54a1fec

Sadly there are out of map glitches posted in the usual cess pits of the internet with little kids all giddy at the prospect of getting out of the map to shoot you from places you were not expecting.

Question for those who do objectives. Do you guys usually end up having more death than kills? I am going after objectives but I'm dying like 15 to 20 more times that I'm killing people.

Generally I still manage to go positive whilst capturing the objective.

Yeah. If I play Domination I can get a high capture rate but will probably end up with a minus KD ratio. Seems like majority still treat the mode as standard TDM.

Also after messing with different SMG's last night I have now fallen in love with the ASM1 (Laser Sight, Scavenger, Gung Ho, Lightweight)

Currently people with good connections are at a massive disadvantage, and that's not right, I shouldn't be punished for having good Internet.
I'm not saying you should. I just mean I don't want them to completely get rid of lag compensation so that the majority of Americans get shit on.

Skele7on

Banned
played online for the first time last night and the same old COD rage was back.

Which is a good thing, as I actually care about it again.

Really fun, just need to figure out what guns/perks to use now.

I have this issue also, only a few of maps are safe for capturing in domination. easily get a high kdr/points if u camp while others act like fodder, which isn't very rewarding to the fodder.

Its same issue battlefield has with tank/heli spammers, no reward for those who actually play the mode.

I have this issue also, only a few of maps are safe for capturing in domination. easily get a high kdr/points if u camp while others act like fodder, which isn't very rewarding to the fodder.

Its same issue battlefield has with tank/heli spammers.
The capture radius is way too small and most points have zero cover.

lordxar

I'm not saying you should. I just mean I don't want them to completely get rid of lag compensation so that the majority of Americans get shit on.

Wouldn't that just make everyone equal then? Generally people are on cable or DSL anyway. Might suck for South Americans connecting in but I'm in the midwest and shouldn't be connected to them anyway.

thejpfin

I'm afraid that they'll go too hard on balancing lag compensation and cause the game to be unplayable for people like me that average 80-120ms pings.

80-120ms should be "fine", is not amazing ping for online gaming, but still good enough.
If you play any online shooter that has good netcode+ dedi servers with your 80ms ping, you don't really see lag.

If 80ms ping is not good enough for cod, thats pretty bad netcode imo.

keezy

80-120ms should be "fine", is not amazing ping for online gaming, but still good enough.
If you play any online shooter that has good netcode+ dedi servers with your 80ms ping, you don't really see lag.

If 80ms ping is not good enough for cod, thats pretty bad netcode imo.

80-120ms worth of latency is pretty bad for an online shooter. It's nowhere near "fine".

That's what I get when I play CS:GO in West coast server (I'm from the Midwest). People who have 30> pings have a significant advantage over people who have a ping greater than 80. You'll notice your shots won't "register" at that point.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
In CoD 4 I'd play with around 15 - 20ms, it was bliss. There's no wonder why that game had the best reg of any CoD to date. Plus it didn't have anywhere near the same levels of lag comp as the last few CoDs have had. Black Ops 1 & 2 also had dedicated servers in London so I pinged great to them as well. It's very noticeable going from a 20ms CoD to a 100ms CoD. I just wish P2P could die once and for all.

thejpfin

80-120ms worth of latency is pretty bad for an online shooter. It's nowhere near "fine".

That's what I get when I play CS:GO in West coast server (I'm from the Midwest). People who have 30> pings have a significant advantage over people who have a ping greater than 80. You'll notice your shots won't "register" at that point.

I only play gun game mode in CS:GO, if my ping is 80ms in that gun game server, I can still play just fine and even win.

If you play seriously some competitive mode in CS:GO, then yes I agree, 80ms is not "fine".

E92 M3

Maps are okay and the gameplay is fun, but in the world did they not have bumper jumper with such a movement intense game =/

aravuus

I only play domination, hardpoint and momentum out of the objective based game modes but yeah, most of the time I end up with slightly more deaths than kills. I've been doing considerably bad (like 0.5kdr) in the last 4 or 5 momentum matches since I've been matched with utter idiots. The last one I played just now in the jungle map was genuinely infuriating, everyone was camping with snipers and at worst stood a couple of meters from the fucking objective, just trying to snipe. I ended up with 11 captures, one of my teammate had 3 and the rest 0.

Fucking cunts, play TDM if you just want to kill enemies.

e: i wish the ps4 version had a text chat so i could tell them how i feel about idiots

The capture radius is way too small and most points have zero cover.
Yup, those are both huge problems. Essentially you often have to subject yourself to a 360 degree circle of exposure (not to mention from above). If you are on your own, you are fucked (and in pub games of momentum/domination, you are often on your own). I don't bother with those modes with randoms very often.

Leunam

I can not get the M14 and other single shot weapons to work for me outside of Hardcore, where they are generally one shot kills. I guess I have to use other loadouts on standard modes.

ZeroCoin

Really enjoying the game so far. First CoD game I've bought since MW2. Any guides/FAQs out there for the emblem editor? Any way to get more than 32 layers to an emblem? I'm trying to make an 8 bit pixel art emblem but don't see it happening unless there are some tricks I'm not aware of.

I'm getting really fed up with this skill matchmaking bullshit. It won't find a game unless there is open lobbies of people who are like GB players. Shit is annoying.

Is 2xp still going today and is it safe to prestige now (PS4)? Thanks.

2XP is gone.

I also lost my kills for camos when I prestiged. Unless that is how it is suppose to work as it transferred over for me pre-patch.

Still broken according to this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792618-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/70545133

But it's gamefaqs so who knows, I'd wait for further confirmation, until then I wouldn't prestige.

Its most likely still broken. All of my headshots kills are gone now, but it carried over before the patch.

Skill matchmaking? GB players? Can someone explain to me what he's talking about?

GB players are people who do Gamebattles. Its a section off of MLG but you can usually tell who plays them just from the clan tag.

Skill matchmaking is when the game tries to put you in matches with other players that are also just as good as you. Sounds good on paper, but the problem comes in when your team is actually sub par and you are dealing with 2-3 good players. It pretty much kills any chance of me playing solo since I am going to be paired against good teams.

Its most likely still broken. All of my headshots kills are gone now, but it carried over before the patch.

So I just noticed something pretty annoying checking my challenges after reading your message to see if anything of mine got reset.

For the Bal, I have 52 of 20 and 52 of 40 headshots, camo is still locked for both, lol.

Idk if it's just me, but I've played 4-5 matches on PS4 after the patch, and the netcode is notably WORSE. I've had a few matches with terrible hit detection/lag compensation before but now it is consistently bad.

foxdvd

patch notes say they fixed the save issue for the sp that messed up some peoples games...my friend was one of those people.

Anyone who has had the glitch, and already dl the update, can you confirm if you still have to start over or did the patch retroactively bring back your lost levels/exo upgrades? Thanks..

So I just noticed something pretty annoying checking my challenges after reading your message to see if anything of mine got reset.

For the Bal, I have 52 of 20 and 52 of 40 headshots, camo is still locked for both, lol.

Haha, that is what it said for my hip fire kills on the KF5. I unlocked two camos with the new patch. It unlocked both after I got a hipfire kill, though.

Idk if it's just me, but I've played 4-5 matches on PS4 after the patch, and the netcode is notably WORSE. I've had a few matches with terrible hit detection/lag compensation before but now it is consistently bad.

Exact opposite. I've played the same amount and the notched was fine for me. Shots registered, people died in a reasonable amount of hits, and my deaths were mostly my fault due to poor play.

Haha, that is what it said for my hip fire kills on the KF5. I unlocked two camos with the new patch. It unlocked both after I got a hipfire kill, though.

See above.

Why are no weapon camps unlocked? Im way over required on them, and they are still locked. Ps4 btw.

Yeah people are glitching already. Got killed by some dude hiding behind a window that he could shoot out through but I couldn't shoot into. There was no way to get behind that window in the small room that it is in.

Daffy Duck

Yeah people are glitching already. Got killed by some dude hiding behind a window that he could shoot out through but I couldn't shoot into. There was no way to get behind that window in the small room that it is in.

Yes there is, look at sites like se7ensins/thetechgame and you will see people posting videos/guides on how to glitch out of the map, they are scum.

Top Bottom