• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I've been having issues with the MP since yesterday. Every single match has stuttering, and if I try to jump or go through a door I just teleport backwards. The update didn't seem to help much. PS4 btw. It sucks because I didn't have any problems on release day.

RS4-

forget the map but was playing momentum and the opposing team had figuring our spawns and were just spawn camping us. woop.

just had another map where peple were glitching through geometry, allowing them to shoot out but not letting people shoot in

Horizon I know has one room like that. I think it's the small building to the left of C towards B site. Doesn't help that Horizon itself is a shit map.

Gragen

I have zero idea what you guys are talking about concerning lag. I've not had lag but a few times at level 47 that was noticeable and I use AT&T Uverse witch is pretty crap, at least in San Diego.

That's on type 2 nat(moderate) on the PS4. I can't help but think something else is going on with the people saying their lag is bad.

I have zero idea what you guys are talking about concerning lag. I've not had lag but a few times at level 47 that was noticeable and I use AT&T Uverse witch is pretty crap, at least in San Diego.

That's on type 2 nat(moderate) on the PS4. I can't help but think something else is going on with the people saying their lag is bad.

That's because they're all obviously lying, duh.

My Nat is the same, lag has been pretty minimal for me. Post patch it's worse though.

On another note, trying to get the Hail Mary challenge done, anyone got any tips?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah, I just found that. GameStop is also offering guaranteed $40 if you trade in by 12/3. But Best Buy has a 50% trade bonus starting next Monday, so they should be offering $60 for AW at that point. Playing the campaign for the price of tax isn't half-bad, even if the MP is awful.

lol...you aint getting $60 back. dream on. the TIV will drop and at best you'll get a few extra dollars.

well you just admitted that you have a shitty connection. if the lag compensation works the way people are saying it works...your shitty connection is the reason why you're beating people with better connections. :)

Can anyone log onto other accounts on AW on PS4? I wanted to test a few things on my secondary account and the game locked me out of it and tells me to buy the game again.

I can play other games I've bought on different accounts like BF4 and Metro, but not AW.

Can anyone log onto other accounts on AW on PS4? I wanted to test a few things on my secondary account and the game locked me out of it and tells me to buy the game again.

I can play other games I've bought on different accounts like BF4 and Metro, but not AW.

I bought it on my PSN account and my brother can play it using his account just fine.

These posts are so dumb. Like do you really think everyone else is wrong and you are right? Give me a fucking break.

I bought it on my PSN account and my brother can play it using his account just fine.

Okay, this is weird then.

I wonder why it is doing it on two different accounts for me.

I've logged out of my main account and even reset and I'm still saying I have to play on my main account to access the game, but it doesn't do this with any other game.

I'm probably locked out because I bought it digital. Fuck.

Huge YMMV, but even though I prestiged after patching this bad boy up (PS4), I STILL lost all of my challenges progression. I'm pretty disappointed by that.

angelic

Banned
Ive got 21/20 headshots for a camo and it wont unlock.

Almost prestiged 1st time round, STILL not unlocked my pre order exclusive crossbow because it needs level 48 out of 50. So i'd get to use it for a few hours, a week after purchase. Thanks a lot. Game is just a flea simulator, cant hit shit with everyone bouncing around. Rubbish.

What the hell is the point of the EPM3? Am I missing something? Because it just seems incredibly useless. 8 shots before it overheats, huge recoil, needs 4 shots to kill. Sure it doesn't reload but you can't sustain fire with it in any meaningful way. I don't get it.

HelloMeow

What the hell is the point of the EPM3? Am I missing something? Because it just seems incredibly useless. 8 shots before it overheats, huge recoil, needs 4 shots to kill. Sure it doesn't reload but you can't sustain fire with it in any meaningful way. I don't get it.

Someone at Sledgehammer doesn't like semi auto weapons.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The lag comp is the worst of any CoD to date, nothing makes me want to quit more.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Patch hasn't done anything for me, if anything since the patch I have had some of the worst games of any CoD. It's also ridiculous that they haven't fixed Horizon or whatever the map is called where people hide behind the doors that you can crawl through, ruins Infection, and can be used in pretty much any other mode where idiots on the team decided to keep running in there.

I never thought I would long for the days of MW3, cause god damn did it have problems, but I would take playing that all over again instead of what we are getting with AW currently. Which is a shame really because otherwise I don't have a problem with the game, if there is ever a game series that actually needs real world beta testing before a release it is CoD.

jeffc919

And that's why I haven't played since Saturday

Wish there was a way to get a refund for my digital pro edition. I have very little confidence they will ever fully fix this after MW3 and BO2 had the same issues and were never fixed. Somewhat my own fault for buying day one (or "zero") again but I thought this lag compensation BS was a thing of the past once they went to designated servers last year. It's just $100 but it's also the principle. This game deserves to fail in its current state and I did my small part to help it succeed. Multiplayer twitch shooter with extremely fast ttk, fast movement speed, and now exo boosting on top off that...any issues with the net code are magnified so much more than a slower paced game and/or one where you are more bullet spongey and you still might be able to survive being behind an opponent due to bad net code. As of now when the game isn't working, which is often, the gun fights are a complete joke.

/rant

Dysun

Cut scenes in the PC version decided to avoid the audio syncing problem by not playing the audio at all today. Oh well, I finished it anyways. Pretty good campaign, nothing that amazing though

LowParry

PC netcode feels better. Solid bars with games of Domination, Kill Confirmed and Momentum (Close to 3 hours of play). Defender still is a shit map.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I take it the patch did jack shit for the lag issues?

Some people claim its helped but I played 8 matches in 8 different lobbies and every person in every lobby was constantly going from 1 to 4 bar connections.

I could hear plenty of other people talking about it too so it's definitely not on my end.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Am I crazy, or have the connection issues gotten worse? Every game I played today was suffering from crippling lag at random points.

I just wish I was in that boat, but there is no other fast paced FPS shooter on next gen yet. ;_;
Have you seen Titanfall?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. D:

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Some people claim its helped but I played 8 matches in 8 different lobbies and every person in every lobby was constantly going from 1 to 4 bar connections.

I could hear plenty of other people talking about it too so it's definitely not on my end.

The bars no longer fluctuate for me, but the reg and lag comp is just as bad as before. I had high hopes when I read the patch notes.

played last night and it felt alot better, i'd have to play a lot more to give a definitive answer whether the lag has been fixed though

The connection bars are likely a red herring. Are you able to win 1v1's where you definitely shot first, are you getting rewound in time to places you weren't originally only to randomly die, or are the killcams entirely off-base and not even remotely reflective of what happened?

King326

Ps4 or xbo? Still can't choose

If you're looking for bigger install base. This was the player count as of yesterday.

CnjCSog.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The connection bars are likely a red herring. Are you able to win 1v1's where you definitely shot first, are you getting rewound in time to places you weren't originally only to randomly die, or are the killcams entirely off-base and not even remotely reflective of what happened?

Yes all of that and more. I've never had problems remotely this bad in 2000 hours over 7 other COD's.

GravyButt

Had a few good games of no lag, and then a few other games of intense lag. Would load a whole mag into a guy only to see him blast me in one shot.

Also, I dont know if hackers or glitch or what. But anyone having enemies tags showing up blue instead of red? It's happened a few times today and I thought I was just going crazy until my buddy came over and saw it too. I was playing domination only when this happened.

Also, I dont know if hackers or glitch or what. But anyone having enemies tags showing up blue instead of red? It's happened a few times today and I thought I was just going crazy until my buddy came over and saw it too. I was playing domination only when this happened.

Cold blooded makes the name tag disappear, what you could be seeing is one of your teammates behind the enemy.

I dunno, wouldn't be surprised if it was hacked already.

Top Bottom