• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

jediyoshi

The lag was a constant annoyance. System hack ruined rounds. Domination was a clusterfuck on most maps (looking at you Solar). It was BAL or be killed.

Any of that fixed?

Are video games still being played over the internet? They should get on that.

vesvci

Banned
Got this game a few nights ago from Amazon's Used Like New for $30. I'm really like it a lot more than the past few years of COD. Did they make online easier or are people on ps4 just really bad? I'm normally really bad with a <.70 KDR but I'm staying around 2.00 in this game just using the AK 12.

Hmm, I've played both XBO and PS4 version quite extensively since launch, and I've found the PS4 crowd to be a lot more competitive. It's like most of the good players moved to the PS4, which was not the case for Black Ops 2 and the PS3.

Korezo

Got this game a few nights ago from Amazon's Used Like New for $30. I'm really like it a lot more than the past few years of COD. Did they make online easier or are people on ps4 just really bad? I'm normally really bad with a <.70 KDR but I'm staying around 2.00 in this game just using the AK 12.

Yea I've been doing better now than I have been since launch. I was thinking all the good players quit or something, or maybe its because now when I shoot people they actually die instead of taking half a clip.

Should really be called Call of Duty: Vertical Warfare.

Game runs smoothly. Lag is tolerable. But if you're not on high ground, you're done. Going lone wolf is near impossible without something watching your back. I rarely use the double jump but these maps really want you to use it or you're dead.

I just finished the SP on CoD...Its pretty good, I wasnt expecting it, Kevin Spacey really brings a lot to it, and it worked out well, with all the blockbuster moments.

Now off to the MP :D

Enordash

Hmm, I've played both XBO and PS4 version quite extensively since launch, and I've found the PS4 crowd to be a lot more competitive. It's like most of the good players moved to the PS4, which was not the case for Black Ops 2 and the PS3.

My experience has oddly been the opposite. I played a lot over Thanksgiving on my bro's PS4 and it wasn't nearly as competitive. Obviously anecdotal though. I'm sure both platforms have a good mix.

This game is dead as a rock on pc. It's the first time I've ever been hooked on a Call of Duty game and I can't even get a game of deathmatch going at certain times of the day, and the modes I actually want to play are pretty much a no go at any time. 3 years in development and then they cheap out on dedicated servers and drag their heels patching obvious balance and performance issues. What a waste. It really stands out on pc where you have smaller developers like Tripwire who manage to patch their games dozens of times over the course of years.

Skill based matchmaking would lead to different outcomes. There's a number of factors that could have caused you to ramp up to higher difficulties. Which system did you learn maps on, which do you play with friends, which most time, and so on.

zeelman

Is Christmas when we get dedicated servers?

I was unable to find a game of anything other than deathmatch this week, and sometimes I couldn't even get a full lobby together for that. It's a total bummer. I don't know what it is like on consoles, but it is a ghost town on pc.

All playlists (except the Atlas Gorge playlist) are very active on consoles.

Daffy Duck

Is Christmas when we get dedicated servers?

I was unable to find a game of anything other than deathmatch this week, and sometimes I couldn't even get a full lobby together for that. It's a total bummer. I don't know what it is like on consoles, but it is a ghost town on pc.

Christmas is the time for noobs, although with SBMM you'll never play against them.

Enordash

True. But a game like Ghost did, however. It even had a separate thread for the multiplayer with 3,500 posts. And another thread for the clan.

What do you think the difference is? Just fatigue at this point? In my personal opinion, Ghosts was the weakest offering since MW1. To be fair I didn't follow the discussion on Ghosts here so I'm not sure of the content in said discussions.

Sorral

System hacks, system hacks everywhere.

Just started playing a few days ago and I had to put in hardwired after a few games in the mosh pit. The AK12 is good, but suppressor hurts it too much for my liking.

But man, going back and forth between this and Destiny is making me spam my L3 to do the exo movements in Destiny...it became very natural to use it faster than I thought it would.

Enordash

System hacks, system hacks everywhere.

Just started playing a few days ago and I had to put in hardwired after a few games in the mosh pit. The AK12 is good, but suppressor hurts it too much for my liking.

But man, going back and forth between this and Destiny is making me spam my L3 to do the exo movements in Destiny...it became very natural to use it faster than I thought it would.

Lol, I've been doing this too. I went to a friends place to play some MW2 last weekend and kept trying to use exo movement.

I never really notice lag when shooting but on ps4 I'm really having trouble knifing people. Out of the 50+ tries in the few days I've had the game I've only killed someone with my knife 2-3 times. I normally do my knifing animation and just stand there thinking they would be dead.. but they just look at me and stab me back. Wtf

RedAssedApe

Banned
Is the community for this game so dead already? I'm surprised that this thread has died off so hard.

PC sounds dead according to Gafer who posted earlier in this thread. But consoles are alive and kicking. One of those instances where gaf posts doesn't reflect real world thirst. I don't think I participated that much in previous COD threads so I dunno how this compares. :)

get matched in games within seconds no matter what time of day I play.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
PC sounds dead according to Gafer who posted earlier in this thread. But consoles are alive and kicking. One of those instances where gaf posts doesn't reflect real world thirst. I don't think I participated that much in previous COD threads so I dunno how this compares. :)

get matched in games within seconds no matter what time of day I play.
It's nowhere near dead, but everyone sticks with TDM.

Tried it with the steam weekend, haven't played a cawadoody game since black ops 1 steam weekend.

-lag and rubberbanding (60 euro game + dlc, too much to ask for dedicated servers)
-ttk lower than ever
-runs like SHIT on my hd6870 despite being more powerful than xbox one, st st st stutter
-forgot how much I hate sprint and ADS in shooters and how boring and shallow and low skillcap cod is.

+the new dodges and double jumps add a lot of much needed movement based depth to the shallowest shooter on the planet
+they removed the annoying guitar riffs and bar filling during gameplay and put them after the match
+the game is deader than dead on pc despite the free weekend, I tried most of the game modes and they all said 0 matches found, only the first one and one other had a few games going.
GOOD

Deadbeat

Banned
So ive been playing this on PC a bit (thanks to the free weekend) and the rubber banding bullshit is hilarious. Ive killed people, rounded a corner, and gunned them down again right after they spawned. I would be furious if that happened to me.

I do find it interesting that after a month the game was out we already had a free weekend on PC.

Daffy Duck

This game is unplayable for me now.

The connections are horrendous because I'm in the UK and I'm forced to play against fucking foreign people.

it's never going to change is it?

Enordash

I went for a game of Uplink today and got thrown right in the middle of one. I now understand the insanity of constant System Hacks. Holy hell.

I prestiged recently and had to record a portion of my first match afterward because it was so absurd. The amount of medal popups that can happen in a row... They reward you for everything in this game.

I went for a game of Uplink today and got thrown right in the middle of one. I now understand the insanity of constant System Hacks. Holy hell.

I prestiged recently and had to record a portion of my first match afterward because it was so absurd. The amount of medal popups that can happen in a row... They reward you for everything in this game.

I had one match where I was playing on pc with a controller and my kill/deaths were like 1 to 16 and then by some freak miracle I got a point blank double kill while capturing the point and who knows what else and it blew up my screen with medals for like 45 straight seconds like I was the best video game player that ever lived. I'm not gonna lie, it made me feel like I had accomplished something.

Kai

The asm1 & kf5 are more viable as SMG's. The bal, ak and hbra3 are good ar's. Weapon balance is much better after the patch imo.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Heavies mostly still stink though. Em1 is a little better but still seems like it takes forever to kill unless you get a head splat.

The game is $29.99 for xbox one tomorrow online at the microsoft store. Its $19.99 for the first ~50 customers in (physical) stores, and you get a free t-shirt. I finished the campaign on ps4 at launch and traded it in, kinda tempted to pickup the xbone version for $20 but dunno, I already have BF4/Titanfall on PC and Destiny on PS4, barely touch those so why add another generic shooter to the mix.

On the other hand, its $20!

Deadbeat

Banned
Alright im done with this thing. The next few games Ive been in have been nothing but rubber banding bullshit and me spawning and dying repeatedly. I was just in this game where some dude with dual smgs wiped me out 4 times in a row, and I couldnt do anything cause the game was lagging like hell. I would run forward and shoot and it would just pull me back, show me dying, then show me standing still for this fucker to crush me with impunity.

RedAssedApe

Banned
objective games have pretty much been ruined by their point tweak. what garbage lol

if i get an objective game in mosh pit i just back out now. the ease at which you get killstreaks is dumb as hell for both sides

True. But a game like Ghost did, however. It even had a separate thread for the multiplayer with 3,500 posts. And another thread for the clan.

Ghosts at least had less lag compensation issues than advanced warfare. It was a more boring game on the whole but the connections felt better.

I have time to play this tonight, dunno what to to do first, campaign or dive into MP. Both look great.

Definitely play the campaign it's amazing and will introduce you to several of the new gadgets and dashing moves.
Best cod campaign since mw1, and one of the best fps campaigns in recent memory.

Top Bottom