• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Randam

I didn't really like the campaign, but if you jump into multi without playing it you will probably have a rough time.

never mattered in any of the cod games.

btw.: how can I play the free mp on steam?

edit: found it.
40gb.
that's not enough time, for me to download it.

Any tips for getting rid of lag? It seems like the moment anything else happens over my internet the game lags and stutters. I need to keep my line completely clean to play a good game.
And the game doesn't even use that much bandwidth. The console is wired via ethernet too.

Just hit prestige 1 really fast thanks to getting 10 hours double xp + mosh pits double xp stacking :D
In other news I just discovered the EM1. So freaking fun screaming IM CHARGIN MY LAZER and melting faces.

Dawg

Is there like someone who can get me the MP trophies on PS4? The bonus round one (need the Riot map, I think?) and flipping the map twice or something :> I heard these are easy if you have an experienced player boosting you as they have the riot map and can take you through the 50 waves for double flip.

joecanada

Is Christmas when we get dedicated servers?

I was unable to find a game of anything other than deathmatch this week, and sometimes I couldn't even get a full lobby together for that. It's a total bummer. I don't know what it is like on consoles, but it is a ghost town on pc.

I bought it and played twice. The lag ruins it. Period. Amazingly I'm going back to bf4... Sad that a year old game shits on this. Maybe cod will get its shit together after 6 months too

IISANDERII

Is there like someone who can get me the MP trophies on PS4? The bonus round one (need the Riot map, I think?) and flipping the map twice or something :> I heard these are easy if you have an experienced player boosting you as they have the riot map and can take you through the 50 waves for double flip.
i would like help with this as well on ps4, handle is Sander1887

I've tried doing it myself but there are too many awful design choices to tolerate it any more.

Can I ask, when is the Zombie mode releasing? Have the Season Pass and was wondering if anyone has any info about it?

Went back after playing and finding the Tac12 energy shotgun to me really good at close range, shotguns seemed nerfed at first but really enjoying this weapon.

Sniper rifles are useless people move too quickly.

Another question is on Bots, How close to online are the bots in regular? trying to train up for going online but seems like there is still problems

Defunkled

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I just got the PS4 version and every time I try to play online it says "The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare service is not available at this time. Please try again later." Is this a problem on my end?

Duxxy3

For almost a year I thought I wondered if Call of Duty was going downhill, or if Ghosts was just some awful blip. After looking at steam stats tonight I'm convinced it was just a blip. Four multiplayer cods show up in the list (MW2/3, BO2, AW) along with the single player for AW.

Ghosts just disappeared, almost like it never existed.

Jarrod38

All last night I was on the receiving end of BS shots. I could put a full clip into someone and they not die but I would get killed within 2 shots and this was in HC TDM. And for the love of God SHG let me disable the Message of the Day screen.

vesvci

Banned
I haven't played this game since I got Driveclub, FH2 and DA:I.

I have a soft spot for CoD, have they fixed the lag compensation yet?

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played this game since I got Driveclub, FH2 and DA:I.

I have a soft spot for CoD, have they fixed the lag compensation yet?

It still seems to have a few online issues but for the most part it plays fine for me.
I would give it a shot if you haven't played it in a while.

vesvci

Banned
Don't think, so. The only videos I have recorded are me shooting people point blank and then getting turned on.

*welp I hope they improve it, seems they're somewhat listening to community feedback.

Thanks.

It still seems to have a few online issues but for the most part it plays fine for me.
I would give it a shot if you haven't played it in a while.

I might, I guess it won't hurt. thanks as well.

The Beard

This is the last Call of Duty game I buy.

I'm leaning this way too, although I know I won't be able to pass up Treyarch's entry next year, but I will not buy IW's or this jumpy house BS again. This game really has me yearning for a new BF.

System hack is 700 and the skull is gone. You did it, internet.

Is this official ? I literally just played a few hours ago and I got skulled multiple times.

The only time you don't get a skull is if the player adds the flash to his System Hack.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Patch notes Game Update: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC

In-Game Updates:

Fixed unlocking issues with the AE4 for Digital Edition owners that own Season Pass. (Xbox only)
Matchmaking improvements.
Connectivity improvements.
Removed skull HUD element from System Hack Scorestreak UI effect.
Adjusted the score value the System Hack Scorestreak.

Increased the timing between kills to count Multikills.
Addressed rare issue where CTF flag was not being returned immediately.
Fixed rare crash issue when switching profiles.
Adjusted the time limit expiration for Red Baron gear after challenge has been completed.
Fixed various out of map exploits.

Challenge Updates:

Added new Supply Drop Daily Challenges.

SupplyDropsBlog_image_02.jpg

Each day, you’ll receive a randomized message containing a challenge that, when completed, will award your character with an XP bonus and Supply Drops, or a rare piece of Character Gear from the Exclusive KVA Recon Character Gear Set. The Supply Drop Daily Challenges will be displayed in the “Find Match” menu, and can also be found in the “Challenges” menu so you can track your progress towards completing them.

More at link.

Pics_nao

Drop slammed someone in one of those Juggernaut suits as soon as they got in it. Holy fuck that was awesome. I should seriously try to record some of this stuff one day.

I also finally unlocked the AMR9 to try out the Pro Pipe that I got about 15-25ish levels ago. Holy fuck I'm killing myself trying to like this gun. Please tell me Rapid Fire in AW works like Full Auto in Blops 2

RedAssedApe

Banned
Drop slammed someone in one of those Juggernaut suits as soon as they got in it. Holy fuck that was awesome. I should seriously try to record some of this stuff one day.

I also finally unlocked the AMR9 to try out the Pro Pipe that I got about 15-25ish levels ago. Holy fuck I'm killing myself trying to like this gun. Please tell me Rapid Fire in AW works like Full Auto in Blops 2

i don't think rapid fire has ever turned guns into semi-autos or burst fire guns into auto. think it just increases the rate of fire. doesn't shorten the time between bursts as far as i can tell.

i suggest ditching that gun as it realy think it sucks...unless you're just using it to prestige more quickly by completing challenges for xp

I really like the fast paced nature of the game. I just really dislike how people can circumvent traditional map design and jump all around the place.

It's worse on some maps than others. I don't know, I have mixed feelings. I feel like exo movement works really well sometimes, other times its really frustrating when people are just jumping around. I have a 1.5 KD in this game which is lower than I usually have in CoD games so I'm not getting rekt all the time...

RedAssedApe

Banned
I might come back to this now that System Hack has been fixed, but I'm still enthralled with Dragon Age Inquisition.

i don't think these two conflict with one another. i'll play my single player games when no friends are online and play cod when my clan wants to play :)

malfcn

I nabbed the Zero Day. Had $15 expiring in January and didn't see how I would use that other than on a pre-order. Not a big COD fan, but I've heard good things about this one. Ghosts was shit.

Top Bottom