• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

RedAssedApe

Banned
i'm liking the imr more and more. im ok with the bad hipfire on most maps as it kicks butt from mid to long range. burst pretty much kills if your aim is on point and its like a laser with foregrip

On the ps4, the game keeps crashing before I start the mission at the
nuclear reactors
. I tried it a couple of times, with the same result. Anyone else have the same problem?

Haven't played this for a couple weeks. Did the new patch improve the lag?

It changed the game for me, I used to have dramatic lag compensation issues and go sub 1 KDR every match, but since that patch 2 weeks ago, I've been able to play to my ability and go between 1.5 and 3 kdr every match, with the occasional 3+.

I think the spawn points improved as well.

Wabba

I´m thinking about buying this. How is the online? I haven't played a COD since Modern Warfare 2 and i am actually a little tired of the formula but something about this one looks fun and its a sale on the PS4 version on PSN.

So I just finished the game on regular. Did not get any achievement and if I go to mission select, it thinks only first 4 missions have been completed. Is this a bug? Anyway to fix it?

Pics_nao

Got two Rapid Supply drops in a Supply Drop for a total of 55 minutes. I only ended up getting one the entire time. I'm guessing this is normal?

I should probably start the campaign soon. I usually finish it before even going online. >_>

Downloaded the latest patch and the lag definitely seems improved. I was definitely doing much better, and consistently, too. Finally.

Might still be too early, though. Will play more games.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
After having an unusual week of douchebags on the mic, kids way too young to play the game and an abundance of brutal teammates, time to take a little break from this game. Was getting the odd few here and there since launch, but this week took it to another level .

Chinner

Banned
Is there any glitches with unlocking tier's in Exo Survival? I played a 60 round game and nothing came up afterwards and I cant see any map unlocks..

GenericUser

Downloaded the latest patch and the lag definitely seems improved. I was definitely doing much better, and consistently, too. Finally.

Might still be too early, though. Will play more games.

definitly not true, at least on my end.

lag is as bad as it always was and it is especially noticeable in this cod game.

Usually, 4 out of 5 rounds, I start spraying on the other dude and only after half a second or so, I get the hit detection sounds. More often then not, I lose gun battles not because I have worse aim or anything but because my ttk is so long. I wish there was a gun like the scorpion frm blops2 in this game.

Then, occasionally, when the 1 glorios "lag free" round happens, my shots get detected right away and I usually do much better, because the fools drop much faster.

This is really an issue for me, but I guess I'll keep playing. I'm a supply drop addict.

btw: how many supply drops can you "stack"? I earned 4 supply drops and couldn't get a 4th one before I opened the 3.

Yeah, I have had some really bad lag for a while. I have a video where I run up to this guy in prone, I aim down scope and pop him in the head. He turns around still in prone and just lights me up.

kriskrosbbk

Guys I just bought COD and while still downloading, started the Campaign where I am experiencing some stuttering from time to time.No frame drops but just stutter for a second.Is this becauseof the download or its just playing like this?(PS4)

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Please tell me I'm not crazy and that there's no way this guy should've been able to kill me

http://youtu.be/JIIDIZ6DptE

I've been experiencing this more and more as I play and it's driving me crazy. Something just feels off. Like guys don't drop when they should and I'm not sure if it's my connection or the game in general.

Please tell me I'm not crazy and that there's no way this guy should've been able to kill me

I've been experiencing this more and more as I play and it's driving me crazy. Something just feels off. Like guys don't drop when they should and I'm not sure if it's my connection or the game in general.

You don't have a laser equipped so your hip fire is not the best. ADS is your best friend.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Gotta agree with the previous posts. Don't see anything off in the video. Most stock ars outside of the ball don't have accurate hip fire spread.

eek5

AK is a bad hip-fire weapon and below average CQB weapon.

He drop shotted you too and you didn't compensate your aim so after your first hit marker or whatever your aim was way off of him.

I'd never even enter that room with an AK. I run AK/KF5 usually and I'll switch to the SMG when I get into CQB areas like lab.

Just played a few rounds since the patch hit PC with the EM1. Oh dear this thing is too easy ........ although over range it sucks a fair bit. Combined with run and gun perk, ouch.

zeelman

definitly not true, at least on my end.

lag is as bad as it always was and it is especially noticeable in this cod game.

Usually, 4 out of 5 rounds, I start spraying on the other dude and only after half a second or so, I get the hit detection sounds. More often then not, I lose gun battles not because I have worse aim or anything but because my ttk is so long. I wish there was a gun like the scorpion frm blops2 in this game.

Then, occasionally, when the 1 glorios "lag free" round happens, my shots get detected right away and I usually do much better, because the fools drop much faster.

This is really an issue for me, but I guess I'll keep playing. I'm a supply drop addict.

btw: how many supply drops can you "stack"? I earned 4 supply drops and couldn't get a 4th one before I opened the 3.

This latest patch made it even worse for me. One thing I try to do in CODs when I have a bad host is try to get behind people. In this COD, they have time to turn around and shoot me. Then I get to watch a kill cam where they take little or no damage. These are not four-bar connections for me, I don't understand why it says they are.

There's no middle ground for me connection-wise. I either get crushed no matter what weapon I use, or I dominate. Unfortunately, the latter doesn't happen very often.

I've been playing COD for almost 6 years, losing gun battles like I do now is really soul-crushing.

Pics_nao

Shotguns are awful in this ggame but getting a Face Hammer Bulldog has been the most fun I've had with a shotgun. Threw advanced rifling to make it even better. Only thing I really need now is extended mags. I run through a clip way too damn fast sometimes.

GenericUser

I've been playing COD for almost 6 years, losing gun battles like I do now is really soul-crushing.

My thoughts exactly. I don't even get mad when this happens. I shake my head, accept it and push onwards. I doubt that sledgehammer can/will do something about this.

Shit on my face for the next statement, but I seriously believe MW3 was the last CoD game where it felt like I had a fair chance in every gunfight - at least most of the time.

Lag is never going to go away, I get that, but why does the connection quality differ from CoD to CoD???

Karu

Still having constant freezes between matches (PS3) - nearly after every match. Was this ever fixed? Last news I found about it was from end of November. :-/

haven't paid any attention to this - how's the single player?

Easily my favorite campaign of all the CODs. Kevin Spacey is fantastic, the story is dumb fun, the action is over the top, and the near-future tech is a ton of fun to play with.

The mission titled "Crash" might be my favorite of the franchise, specifically the first section. It's like a great action movie sequence.

Radec

Ok, I played this game again after a month.

I'm getting decent, but I still find the maps, guns, and respawn awful.

I still miss the 1-2 shots kill of the MK14 from MW3. :(

Daffy Duck

Nothing against brothers in arms in the US, but playing against people in the US when I am in the UK is a horrible experience, two guys last night in the lobby I was in, they were untouchable.

NYR

I'm about reaching my end point with this game. It's just too frustrating and nothing has been able to capture that black ops feel since. Just too much ganging up nowadays, can only play this game with a team.

RedAssedApe

Banned
even though i play run and gun and this might detract from my performance, i wish they'd bring back footsteps. i feel like there is almost no situational awareness from audio in this game. its all from the mini-map (i.e. gunfire, boosting).

Ok, I played this game again after a month.

I'm getting decent, but I still find the maps, guns, and respawn awful.

I still miss the 1-2 shots kill of the MK14 from MW3. :(

worst ar. until they buff the damage stay away. often seems impossible to win a gun fight against anyone that is decent at boost movement.

Dawg

So close to the platinum.

But that Flip Flop trophy... I barely reach wave 15 on a good day :( I hate that I need to reach 50 for the platinum. Can't do this.

IISANDERII

I'm about reaching my end point with this game. It's just too frustrating and nothing has been able to capture that black ops feel since. Just too much ganging up nowadays, can only play this game with a team.
Shit I've only ever played this with a team and even then I could only stand to get to level 35 or so.

This mp is way worse than Ghost imo. At least Ghost had excellent hit detection, low latency and the rest of it, if nothing else. AW doesn't even got that.

So, I'm finally getting around to playing through this game, and have about seven missions left on veteran. I'm enjoying it. That is, apart from a couple of missions. The last one I did
was the compound infiltration one
, which was a bit shitty.

I'm not big on the multiplayer, though, likely due to CoD fatigue.

Anyways, here's why I wanted to post:

I started out on veteran, and played up until the
sniper drone level
. I took out the first couple guys, then moved into position for three with one shot. However, I screwed up a couple of times due to wonky controls and kept reloading the checkpoint.

One time, I hit lower difficulty instead of last checkpoint, and it didn't warn me. So, it changed from vet to hardened. I quickly closed the game without saving, then reloaded it, but the change had saved. The only thing I thought to do was to go to mission select and overwrite my progress in that level by starting it anew on vet. Now my completion still says vet for each one I've done.

Did I screw myself out of getting recognition for completing it all on veteran, do you think? I hope not, because it's been easy so far. I just don't want to have to beat it again, because I only have it for a little while.

You didn't screw yourself. That achievement pops as soon as each mission is completed on Veteran. It doesn't require a complete play through on Veteran.

Top Bottom