• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

MBison

Bought this for the daughter. Can't even connect to Activision servers on ps4. Hope cause of christmas morning Internet load.

Nori Chan

I just remembered why I stopped playing this game, man it's horrible. I come back for like a month break from and you literally cannot have a good game unless you're running, jumping around like a maniac and hold right trigger and spray everywhere. Like there's no way you can stand still and strafe like in any other call of duty. Nope, you got to jump up and down and hit detection is still shit.

I honestly believe COD is hitting rock bottom now. The only reason I'm getting trey arch next year is because of zombies and that's literally it.

eek5

While I don't think this game is good and wouldn't recommend it to anyone I know, I don't have any issues doing well from the ground. I rarely ever even shoot my gun from an aerial position...

I actually think it's way easier to play a stationary style in this game because people are jumping around so much. There are areas where if you stand next to a wall people will literally jump over you and not notice.

Nuke Soda

The sound effects in this game are really good, easily one of the highlights of the campaign for me is just hearing the different explosions and crunching glass. The campaign seems like the most generic of the COD campaigns and yet I am enjoying it still. That Detroit level was pretty fantastic though, the Sledgehammer people wanting to remind us that they used to be a part of Visceral Games.

theapg

Got this today and the singleplayer is pretty fun, but I kind of feel like I am playing just to get to the next Spacey scene. So good. I haven't been able to try multiplayer because of the ddos bullshit, but I look forward to that. TBH I kind of miss world war 2 games.

Nuke Soda

Got this today and the singleplayer is pretty fun, but I kind of feel like I am playing just to get to the next Spacey scene. So good. I haven't been able to try multiplayer because of the ddos bullshit, but I look forward to that. TBH I kind of miss world war 2 games.

I got to play a match last night and it was a lot of fun, as long as you like jumping around a lot and getting lucky with your kills (which I do so yay).

leng jai

The sound effects in this game are really good, easily one of the highlights of the campaign for me is just hearing the different explosions and crunching glass. The campaign seems like the most generic of the COD campaigns and yet I am enjoying it still. That Detroit level was pretty fantastic though, the Sledgehammer people wanting to remind us that they used to be a part of Visceral Games.

The completely overhauled the sound design in this iteration, it's very good.

Hip Hop

B5zB8txCAAALeCL.jpg

https://community.callofduty.com/co...w-game-mode-featuring-the-mors-railgun-sniper

this guy did a lagcomp review its pretty informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD-KxRr6X2k

This is a great review, and basically confirms that AW handles latency very poorly and has poor lagcomp. He also states that there are dedicated servers( not surprised, tested this myself earlier this year and found myself repeatedly connecting to the same ip's for host over and over. I traced those ip's and found that they actually did belong to a company that sells dedi's) and that dedicated servers seem to have a flaw present that makes ping times worse, which is interesting to say the least. A whole lot of informative stuff in this video besides what I mentioned.

Toa TAK

Banned
One Shot is so much fun. It greatly itches that sniper itch I haven't been able to fulfill since CODMW2 and maybe CODBO.

Also helps that I just saw American Sniper as well. =P

ctfg23

I'm trying to decide if I should get this on PS4 or XB1 and have a couple questions:
1. Does the PS4 single player still have frame-rate issues?
2. Does the XB1 version use impulse triggers?

What is your favourite run and gun weapon?

Mine is the MORS with iron sights, one shot kill the majority of the time especially in hardcore modes (my favourite).

I have the most kills with the HBRa3, but I really enjoy running and gunning with the Atlas 45 or the Tac-19. Wish I could find an Elite variant for the Atlas with better Accuracy, Damage or Range.

Nuke Soda

Finished the campaign last night since PS4 is still having online issues. Overall I would rate the campaign a solid 7 with moments that take it to 8 or 9, there just needed to be more of those holy crap moments.
One armed combat and mech suit mayhem were my to biggest whoa moments.
Big surprise a COD campaign is a solid FPS game. I can actually see myself replaying it somewhere down the line.

Finished the campaign last night since PS4 is still having online issues. Overall I would rate the campaign a solid 7 with moments that take it to 8 or 9, there just needed to be more of those holy crap moments.
One armed combat and mech suit mayhem were my to biggest whoa moments.
Big surprise a COD campaign is a solid FPS game. I can actually see myself replaying it somewhere down the line.
Story was good but sometimes it just felt like they were trying too hard to make it "cool and edgy".

HF2014

Really temp to maybe grab it back. Just wondering, does it feel like more BO2 or Modern Warfare games, for the multiplayer. Sure i know it got some futuristic moves in it, but wondering if it feel great.

I personally just got more fun with black ops games (1 n 2 ) than all modern warfare games. Did not enjoy a lot Ghost too.

Really temp to maybe grab it back. Just wondering, does it feel like more BO2 or Modern Warfare games, for the multiplayer. Sure i know it got some futuristic moves in it, but wondering if it feel great.

I personally just got more fun with black ops games (1 n 2 ) than all modern warfare games. Did not enjoy a lot Ghost too.
Multiplayer felt like a mix between Cod4 and MW2. It felt fast but wasn't as over the top as MW2 because it's more balanced in terms of the weapons and perks you can pick.

It's pretty much BO 2.5, just has the worst netcode in the series.

gogogow

You can't check how many players are playing anymore, no? PS4 version btw. Seems like a cool thing to know. Why would they even remove something like that?!

zeelman

Since most of my PS4 friends are (still) playing Destiny and not bothering with this game anymore, I switched over to the Xbox One version. I don't feel like I'm playing any differently, but somehow my Score Per Minute is 460 (on PS4 it was 250). This game is a lot more fun when you get more points and more Scorestreaks.

You can't check how many players are playing anymore, no? PS4 version btw. Seems like a cool thing to know. Why would they even remove something like that?!

You can't check player counts on any platform.

gogogow

You can't check player counts on any platform.

You can on Steam, but I know what you mean, it's not possible anymore in-game. Are Activision really that afraid that people will "deduce" from that piece of information that COD isn't as popular as it once was?!

Marvel

could never
I have no friends on Xbox One for Exo Survival/MP. Really would like that Zombie skin, can anyone help?

GT: LOTRs

Loving this game, so fresh for the series. Slowly getting better at the MP too.

Nokterian

So after my mistake bought it back then on my us account on PS4 and couldn't access the content that i should get like the crates etc.

Yet again during this EU sale i rebought it again on my EU account. So after that is done i finally could play how i should have been doing since november.

My character was still leveled up though from the us account but now i have all the crates and loot and map from the digital pro edition on my eu account.

Now i played a few matches and domination i like it but i shined more in Kill Confirmed another favorite mode for me. Won first place a few times and glad i enjoy it more now then before dunno how it happened but shooters for on console is more difficult because my background is PC.

Anyway if i could join a clan on PS4 throw me a invite! :) My nickname is the same like on gaf,i am going to play more and enjoying it now. Also subbed to this thread now.

zeelman

You can on Steam, but I know what you mean, it's not possible anymore in-game. Are Activision really that afraid that people will "deduce" from that piece of information that COD isn't as popular as it once was?!

I won't go into any playlist with a low player count (this usually means bad connections for me), so maybe its a way to get people to play other game modes? I honestly don't know. Titanfall didn't have it for the longest time for some reason. That game was pretty much dead by the time that happened.

It may have sold 27% less in its first week compared to Ghosts, but Activision doesn't seem to be disappointed with it. Advanced Warfare is still the best selling game of the year in the US.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So I just started playing MultIplayer and I noticed A SHIT TON of lag. Warping through walls, teleporting, etc. I have literally never experienced this in a Call Of Duty game, and I've played them ALL.

What the hell is up with that? Sometimes I can't even find a game!

And it is NOT my connection, FYI. I know this because I have never experienced this bullshit in any other game.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
has anyone noticed some flickering every now and then? seems to happen across all modes.

PS4 version btw

Tokubetsu

My K:D when im playing with even one buddy versus alone is kind of crazy. Idk if it's just my playstyle, or talking to people in party chat (not even about the game but just bullshitting) or my kits or what. I go from doing 20-7 style playing to 10-14. It's like if i focus too hard i do poorly.

Top Bottom