• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

RK9039

ibgt9rQwUo1oBf.jpg

giphy.gif

th4tguy

Hop up on something first, double jump, then blammo. It's super satisfying if overdrive is also enabled first so you slow-mo right onto their bewildered face.

Also, I've played about ten rounds of multiplayer and being killed from behind or the sides hasn't been much of a problem. Perhaps it's because I'm on PC and M+KB means my head is always on a swivel.

And closing in on the conclusion of the SP. This game is so insane! Leaping across trucks in traffic, falling through glaciers and fighting your way to daylight, grappling onto planes, jet packing into moving planes like fucking Batman. I haven't had this much fun playing a game since God of War 3. I want a CoD: AW - inFAMOUS edition with Delsin Rowe how awesome would that be

But what button do you press to tell it you want to ground slam?

Edit: Nevermind

aravuus

Eh, Infected seems to be pretty fun. Not frustrating at all even though I am a shitty zombie

Am I the only one that thinks the price of the season pass is outrageous? 55$ for 4 map packs, seriously?

It is, no doubt about that. Not gonna buy it.

bennycash

Neo Member
My Day Zero Edition from Amazon still says "shipping now" and has the guaranteed delivery date for today. Am I still getting this delivered today somehow or is this a bug with Amazon? I'd be pretty pissed if I didn't get this today when I was guaranteed I would for quite some time.

Pastry

Banned
Oh come on that's bullshit!!! I join a ranked game and two seconds later we lose and then I lose 20 division points. What the fuck

MattyG

Banned
So is this like Titanfall where you should always be on the move? Because I'm trying to play like that (run and gun pretty much) and I get killed constantly. I feel like I should be try to play it like regular CoD when indoors and jump around a lot when outdoors.

I feel like I'm trying to use the new suit abilities -- like dash and shield -- but it's not really to any advantage? Lots of campers too oddly considering the suits abilities seem to favor movement. Guess people are nervous or unsure how to use their abilities so they just sit back and camp? Or are people who are trying to actually use them -- like me -- just becoming even easier targets for the usual camper crowd.

Fuck really hope the game doesn't evolve that way...

Cavalier

Banned
Okay GAF you've convinced me. I was going to wait until the price to drop down to $10 to pick this up but this game sounds like a lot like a sequel to BO2.

See you guys on the flipside!

QZ5xtId.png

Tamanon

Banned
Up to level 28 now, still getting used to the movement and maps. Holding around a .9 K/D ratio which isn't terrible to start with. Pretty satisfied with the gunplay thus far, but I have run into enemies pretty quickly after spawning on one or two maps. Seems there's a little more work to be done on that end.

Jrs3000

I feel like I'm trying to use the new suit abilities -- like dash and shield -- but it's not really to any advantage? Lots of campers too oddly considering the suits abilities seem to favor movement. Guess people are nervous or unsure how to use their abilities so they just sit back and camp? Or are people who are trying to actually use them -- like me -- just becoming even easier targets for the usual camper crowd.

Fuck really hope the game doesn't evolve that way...

If you use the suits abilities you are not a easy target for campers. I'm sure a lot of people are getting used to the new abilities so give it time. I need to start making clips of some of my play with the suit. The mobility is crazy!

Apt101

Call of Duty has made me realise that Destiny isn't as awful as I thought it was. God Advanced Warfare is crap!

If every mission boiled down to defending Gideon while he monologued in a droning fashion while you never really needed to use your abilities, I could agree. And three or four missions always took place in the same map. And no characters spoke or had any kind of personality. And there was no story.

But this game is leagues beyond Destiny in every single way.

I've beaten the campaign, ranked up to 31 on One/360, ranked up to 16 on PS4... And I want to play more.

Jesus Sledgehammer, you make a damn good game.

And this is all technically a day before release...

Neofx

It's so addicting.. o_O

Currently at prestige 1, rank 31 and I am wondering when the double XP will end? It's 00:13 here.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Anyone on PS4 having trouble entering in their Day Zero codes? The PS Store has been loading for the last 10 minutes and won't let me in. :/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've given up on kill streaks already. 25 matches and I've managed to call in 3 whole UAVs and 1 sentry. I'll just take the extra perks and attachments.

I haven't been this bad at COD in 7 years.

Liking this game quite a bit so far. Moving around at speed is really satisfying.

Though I do have a lot of little complaints.

The interface between games is not very coherent, especially when it comes to the after action report. I unlocked these items? Oh some boots, I thought I unlocked an ACOG? Oh I did, it was just under challenges instead. Didn't I unlock a new gun too? Oh it doesn't tell you that.

The game bombards you with intrusive noise which can be distracting and disorientating. There doesn't need to be such a WHOOMPH noise everytime someone captures a flag in domination for example. Couple that with the fact that you're earning medals, levelling up and unlocking shit constantly at lower levels and you have this confusion of noise that actually impedes your ability to hear the game.

As someone mentioned before, the on screen blood when you're shot is annoying because it specifically makes the map harder to see. It's not MW2 levels of screen jelly but it's a nuisance all the same. But the Systems Hack has got to be the worst on screen effect I have ever seen in an FPS. The junk that throws up on your screen is ridiculous.

A couple of very minor things on the side; the on screen objective markers don't indicate how far away each objective is to you currently. Also apparently you can get a golden camo on a gun by getting 50 kills with it with no attachments equipped. Lastly, so many players look like fucking Scorpion from Mortal Kombat because everyone goes for the same custom gear.

I've given up on kill streaks already. 25 matches and I've managed to call in 3 whole UAVs and 1 sentry. I'll just take the extra perks and attachments.

I haven't been this bad at COD is 7 years.

Add support to the uav and sentry gun. Also make sure u make the sentry gun ai controlled. You could leave the uav regular and just increase the assist points you get from kills while it's up too.

Top Bottom