• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

Ohnonono

I've actually always been into CoD for the single player. I started with CoD 1 and that game's campaign blew my mind with its Uncharted™ moments (yes, I know there was no Uncharted back then, but you know what I'm getting at).

To be fair I am enjoying the single player content. At least to me when you start turning the difficulty up it gets very challenging and is very fast paced. That said I hate CoD's forced tough guy voice work. That is not Vita exclusive though.

sajj316

ya, there is a shorter commercial with just a 5 second view of BLOPSDC. This is the full dedicated BLOPSDC commercial. Looks good. Love the controller changing into Vita ..

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Considering I'm about to get Uncharted and Wipeout for free with PS+, I figure I'll trade them in to make room for CoD this weekend.

I'm still waiting for it to show up on Near though.

I've actually always been into CoD for the single player. I started with CoD 1 and that game's campaign blew my mind with its Uncharted™ moments (yes, I know there was no Uncharted back then, but you know what I'm getting at).

Outside of MW I honestly cant stand the SP of any of the other games

sly16bit

Neo Member
Been wondering how people that played multiplayer for awhile feel about it. I hear from some people that multiplayer feels great at first but wears thin pretty quick.. Is that true?

Touch controls are shite... No two ways about it. There's no tactile feedback for you to have any idea of where you are pointing, then you have to move your right thumb off the screen usually to shoot then back to move its just a nightmare.
Meh. One can still get quite good. I know pc guys that think controller controls for shooter is 'shite'.

Meh. One can still get quite good. I know pc guys that think controller controls for shooter is 'shite'.

Yes me to but the true block with touch controls is things having to have buttons for fire, run etc etc but only really two thumbs to press them.

Can't run, aim and fire in bursts for example.

Have to have a toggle button for ADS

And so on.

The controller vs mouse is an aiming issue only. The aiming itself on a touchscreen is pretty fast and accurate. However you loose the ability to do anything at the same time as that.

MisterC20XX

Anyone else still having trouble getting into games? It seems since applying the patch I'm getting in less. I'm choosing FFA public matches. It finds one or two other players then kicks me back to the menu. It's also sporadically kicking me back to the menu screen but the menu is gone, there's just the background image of the soldier. When it does that I have to quit and restart. :(

It's pretty bad that I plan on buying this, despite the lack of any positive feedback on it. I seem to enjoy bad games- like Resistance Burning Skies. -_-

test_account

XP-39C²
I got the game today :) Finished the single player missions now. It took me about 2 hours on regular difficulty (i kept dying in some of the levels). The "less than 1 hour of single player content" is definitelly not something that will apply to everyone. Then there is all the trophies, time trial and Hostile mode left as well. Personally i think i'll get at least 5 hours out of the single player content since i will try to get as many trophies as possible.

I tried 4-5 rounds of multiplayer so far. It feels pretty smooth indeed. The guns and controls feels fine i think. It might not be the 100% console/PC Call of Duty feeling, but it is not far from it in my opinion.

I got to try 8 player free-for-all on Nukehouse. That was non stop action hehe.

I dont understand one of the previous reviews who claimed that this game was a big middle finger to the COD fans. The same with the comment about "after you've played a few rounds online you realize that this purchase was a mistake". I'm a COD fan and i dont feel this way at all. I realize that the guy is speaking his opinion, that is fine, but he also seems to say that it will apply to most people. I dont agree with that personally. If someone expects a 1:1 PC/console COD game on Vita, i could see some disappointment, but i think it is important to keep in mind that the Vita is not as powerful as the PS3.

Overall i think that Black Ops Declassified is a pretty good first attempt, especially concidering the short developement cycle.

Cornbread78

I got the game today :) Finished the single player missions now. It took me about 2 hours on regular difficulty (i kept dying in some of the levels). The "less than 1 hour of single player content" is definitelly not something that will apply to everyone. Then there is all the trophies, time trial and Hostile mode left as well. Personally i think i'll get at least 5 hours out of the single player content since i will try to get as many trophies as possible.

I tried 4-5 rounds of multiplayer so far. It feels pretty smooth indeed. The guns and controls feels fine i think. It might not be the 100% console/PC Call of Duty feeling, but it is not far from it in my opinion.

I got to try 8 player free-for-all on Nukehouse. That was non stop action hehe.

I dont understand one of the previous reviews who claimed that this game was a big middle finger to the COD fans. The same with the comment about "after you've played a few rounds online you realize that this purchase was a mistake". I'm a COD fan and i dont feel this way at all. I realize that the guy is speaking his opinion, that is fine, but he also seems to say that it will apply to most people. I dont agree with that personally. If someone expects a 1:1 PC/console COD game on Vita, i could see some disappointment, but i think it is important to keep in mind that the Vita is not as powerful as the PS3.

Overall i think that Black Ops Declassified is a pretty good first attempt, especially concidering the short developement cycle.

Yup, it's fun people....go check it out.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yup, it's fun people....go check it out.
Yep :)

Hopefully the patch doesn't break anything. Someone report in on that lol.
You mean the 1.01 patch? I didnt try the game online before the patch, but there is still some issues with the multiplayer. I've gotten thrown back to the menu after the map is supposedly finished loading. And when i played earlier, i saw several of people joining and quiting almost at the same time, i assume they all got thrown back to the menu.

Yeah, don't think this is going to be moving many Vita's off the shelf. Pretty disappointing that the only reason I am keeping my Vita is PS+ deals coming up, and had I not already have been a PS+ member, I would have sold it.

WTF Sony. Your handheld is dead. Get the shock paddles or put it out of its misery.

Neither Jeff or users could give this game a proper review so soon after release.

Hell give it 2 weeks at least, or a month and than you'll know if you bought yourself the call of duty portable game you hope it is.

If people are still playing online, and meeting one another for ad-hoc in a month, i'd say the game did alright. If not, well there's always next year.

Top Bottom