• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

MisterC20XX

Maybe it was just lucky timing but I had super solid connections to multiplayer this afternoon. I got into more games in the last couple hours than I have in the last four days combined. I'm over the whole Metacritic situation. All I know is I'm having a blast with it. I'm usually the guy who only buys games with a Metacritic of 85 or higher. In this case I'm glad I bought it before the reviews hit otherwise I never would have spent $49.99 on a game with Metacritic score of 33--that's just insanity, right? No, I'm not trying to make myself feel good about my purchase either, that's a non-issue. It's also not settling for less, if I want a fuller experience I could always play BLOPS2 on my 360 or PS3. The Vita just fits my family lifestyle right now.

I guess to sum it up Declassified's multiplayer feels enough like what I've come to expect from COD that I'm almost fully satisfied with it. Now I just need more connection stability, general performance improvements and more maps. If you're playing it feel free to add me: MisterC20XX

Robertto

Neo Member
No, Pitchford wants someone to port Borderlands 2 to Vita, and apparently under Sony's dime. He's said his "dream" for Vita is to be able to play the game at home, load the save on Vita and leave the house while continuing the game. He just doesn't want his studio doing it.

which is totally fair, the amount of vitas out there, it wouldn't be worth his studios time. early in a platform lifecycle is when the owners have to man up and get projects going on their system, thats why there were so many 360 exclusives early on, and MS have really just eased right off the gas, knowing their work is done for the 360, and they begin on working on support for the next console.

Sony dropped the ball in major way in thinking people would just want to put all their shit on an irrelevant platform.

Takao

Banned
No, it's not fair to expect a platform holder to pay for a port of a third party game that will do negligible business on their hardware. An exclusive title? I can see the reasoning. A now late port? Hell no.

Robertto

Neo Member
No, it's not fair to expect a platform holder to pay for a port of a third party game that will do negligible business on their hardware. An exclusive title? I can see the reasoning. A now late port? Hell no.

gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. Would the vita be a better platform with probably one of the top 5 selling games of this year? yes. it is a UE3 game, so it shouldn't be an astronomical cost to port. Anecdotally, kids love this game, and sony could do well to capture that interest.

Sony is at the stage now where they need to break out their checkbook and get some dev started.

And realistically. Borderlands 2 would sell far better than some main brand spin off with a sub title attached to it, farmed out to a second teir dev.

Takao

Banned
If Sony's going to be paying for games, they should be paying for ones that they know would sell units. Borderlands is not that. Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, GTA, and of course Monster Hunter are the games that have moved PSPs, and likely would move Vitas.

Ran rp

If Sony's going to be paying for games, they should be paying for ones that they know would sell units. Borderlands is not that. Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, GTA, and of course Monster Hunter are the games that have moved PSPs, and likely would move Vitas.

Wasn't Rockstar working on something for the Vita? Or was I dreaming that.

DiscoJer

Borderlands is big though, it's one of the biggest FPSes in the West these days. Borderlands 2 apparently has sold 5 million copies.

Sure, it's not COD territory, but it's pretty big.

More importantly, it's not just a game that you play for 5 hours and then stick the Vita in the drawer. You can play it over and over and over and over for hundreds of hours.

Skyzard

Banned
^UE3 doesn't help...not a great engine on vita I think, can't imagine how it'd handle an open world fps..

GTA V : Vita (stories? - w/e but By Rockstar) would be alright. Any reason to keep that a secret? /vitalivesland

Takao

Banned
Borderlands is big though, it's one of the biggest FPSes in the West these days. Borderlands 2 apparently has sold 5 million copies.

Sure, it's not COD territory, but it's pretty big.

More importantly, it's not just a game that you play for 5 hours and then stick the Vita in the drawer. You can play it over and over and over and over for hundreds of hours.

I was going off of proven properties on handhelds. The series I've mentioned have sold millions on portable gaming devices, where as Borderlands isn't proven in that space. If you have a limited "money hat" budget you should go for what you know will move units.

^UE3 doesn't help...not a great engine on vita I think, can't imagine how it'd handle an open world fps..

GTA V : Vita (stories? - w/e but By Rockstar) would be alright. Any reason to keep that a secret? /vitalivesland

San Andreas Stories obvs.

But the fact that Vita can't even get the Anniversary re-releases of III, and Vice City implies it'll be getting nothing from Rockstar. Not a shocking thing, since their publisher Take2 has zero for Vita in general. Not even NBA 2K, which evidently is profitable enough for them to still release PSP SKUs.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Am I the only one who plays this game with sens turned down to minimum? Can't believe how sensitive the default setting is.

Accoun

Am I the only one who plays this game with sens turned down to minimum? Can't believe how sensitive the default setting is.
I had the same with BO1 when trying it out in a shop. Dunno if it was default or not, but I had to turn it down as well...
A whole-series-related thing?

Moofers

I really like this game. When it works, its fucking great. I got up to lvl 12 in multiplayer over the last couple of nights. I think the "maps are too small" bullshit is out of hand. The map sizes are perfect. The 4v4 games play out very well on these maps. I actually like that Nukehouse is such a bloodbath because it changes the tone from map to map.

I understand the complaints about the game's issues. Most of them are totally valid. However, this 2 out of 10 stuff is utter nonsense. Its the kind of shit I'd expect to find on a gamestop user review, not from somebody who is paid to do it.

Whatever. Reviews have long been irrelevant to me, but it annoys me that the Vita COD community will suffer due to people being talked out of their purchase.

TheMink

I really like this game. When it works, its fucking great. I got up to lvl 12 in multiplayer over the last couple of nights. I think the "maps are too small" bullshit is out of hand. The map sizes are perfect. The 4v4 games play out very well on these maps. I actually like that Nukehouse is such a bloodbath because it changes the tone from map to map.

I understand the complaints about the game's issues. Most of them are totally valid. However, this 2 out of 10 stuff is utter nonsense. Its the kind of shit I'd expect to find on a gamestop user review, not from somebody who is paid to do it.

Whatever. Reviews have long been irrelevant to me, but it annoys me that the Vita COD community will suffer due to people being talked out of their purchase.

Indeed, i agree very much.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad

Nukehouse is crazy small. But entertaining nonetheless!

Kerub

Banned
I played a match online and everybody was running around like idiots and shooting at everything but their enemies. It was like they were randomly pressing buttons.

Is this a common problem in this game?

Iacobellis

I played a match online and everybody was running around like idiots and shooting at everything but their enemies. It was like they were randomly pressing buttons.

It wasn't Hostiles mode? The AI is incredibly terrible.

I don't get all the people having issues. It has worked like 80% of the time for me, and it already was more worth it than Resistance for me.

Iacobellis

I don't get all the people having issues. It has worked like 80% of the time for me, and it already was more worth it than Resistance for me.

Same, I plan to prestige by Thanksgiving. What did people expect from a game that was developed in less than six months?

kitch9

Banned

You're trying to base an opinion on one match?

Moofers

My guess is they haven't turned their sensitivity down yet. Mine is almost all the way down.

Kerub

Banned
You're trying to base an opinion on one match?

Nope, I was just suprised at how bad those players were. And wondering if people online generally are that bad in this game.

I'm not hating on the actual game. No need to go into full defence mode. :)

yurinka

PSY・S;44458670 said:
Wasn't Rockstar working on something for the Vita? Or was I dreaming that.
Back when Vita was announced, they said in Twitter that they were working on games for it.

The PSP GTAs worked really well, and Sony needs a big hit like them so I'd say they'd moneyhat them, and there's 'The Agent' issue, so I assume they'll release something even considering that low Vita sales would scare them.

kerrak

After 10 hours online with this game i feel that the online portion, aside a few connectivity problems here and there, plays very well, is addicting as the big brother and is not that limited because of the 4v4 and small maps. The fact that there are only 6 maps is more disappointing, albeit they are all cycled and make for different gameplay strategies.

Seventy5

I've been having a blast with this. I just got to the last mission (week long 42 minutes lol) and played a ton of mp and hostiles. It's a shame we probably won't get dlc, cause I will probably be playing this for a while.

Slurmer

Banned
Ok so I can't play the game online. I've been trying for days and it isn't working. My question now is, since I bought this digitally, is there any recourse for me to get my money back, or did I basically just waste $50 on an unplayable game?

Skyzard

Banned
Ok so I can't play the game online. I've been trying for days and it isn't working. My question now is, since I bought this digitally, is there any recourse for me to get my money back, or did I basically just waste $50 on an unplayable game?

I'm sure you could contact Sony and try to explain it to them.

Have you tried opening the ports on your router if possible?

- look for the ip address in the settings app on your router
- on your router page go to port forwarding
- add 3478-3479, those should do it although I can't find the vita ones officially. TCP and UDP

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

You can try sending a complaint to Sony, but before you do that, you can try to set a static ip, and add that to your dmz list on your router. I had better success out of it after doing that. Not perfect, but at least I can connect.

Qwell

Played quite a bit more today along with cod blops 2. I think it makes a good bundle pack in and i have been having a lot of fun with it. I think a lot of the reviews have been too harsh, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just the same way that i actually think the single player of battlefield 3 and medal honor were a lot better than most reviews.

I havent had a lot of issues with multiplayer, im able to match quickly and last the whole match. I picked up those cta grips for my vita and that has helped. I led the leaderboards quite a few matches.

Top Bottom