• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

test_account

XP-39C²
maybe only in the US. probably just a typo though lol.
Yeah, concidering that they have nothing in stock i think it is a typo. If it was discontinued already, i'd assume it would be because it wasnt selling at all and they had to get rid of excess stock. Would be "funny"/crazy if it really is discontinued already though hehe.

EDIT: The screenshots on Amazon are kinda funny. One screenshot is from Black Ops 2, one is from Black Ops 1, and the three other screenshots are from Declassified, yet Amazon claims that all screenshots are from Declassified hehe.

Kerub

Banned
I have this wierd craving to buy this game..

I don't know exactly why. Just to shoot people on a handheld with two sticks I suppose.

Sometimes I feel like I am too impulsive on what I buy...bought. Bought Resistance, and now I bought this. Resistance was ok for what it was, I am hoping this will be too...P4G and Sony Smash will provide me with more quality entertainment next week at least.

Kazerei

Banned
btw: what are the controls for this game lol? The OT is cute, but it doesn't cover what changes are there for the game to be mapped on vita.

It's all in the instruction manual. I guess people don't read those anymore :\

2UBYU.jpg

1YPuJ.jpg

Deadbeat

Banned
It's all in the instruction manual. I guess people don't read those anymore :\
Because 99% of them are worthless. Noone makes big meaty manuals anymore that you can read while taking a dump. Now its like LOL heres contrlos and hinmt (pres X to rlod) well whoopdie fucking doooo but I paid 60 bucks for your damn game I want an awesome instruction manual IN COLOR.

Kazerei

Banned
or don't have the game :3

Oh, so you can trigger killstreaks with touch, so ign's review is somewhat valid.

Whoops, for some reason, I thought you did. You sure do post here alot :p

D-pad right also triggers killstreaks, so people should use that if they can't manage to hit the virtual button accurately.

Munkyspace

In regards to the game itself, I understand the hate that it's getting, but I'm enjoying it.

Responsive controls, sound isn't too shabby, good hit detection, and the gameplay is hectic.

That is, of course, when I can actually connect to a multiplayer match. A few more maps would have been good, too.

or don't have the game :3

Oh, so you can trigger killstreaks with touch, so ign's review is somewhat valid.

Not really because if there is perfect valid alternative for people who can't use touch screens then there is nothing to complain about.

He wrote it in a way like its a fundamental flaw with the controls and is no alternative.

Very bad writing.

kerrak

In regards to the game itself, I understand the hate that it's getting, but I'm enjoying it.

Responsive controls, sound isn't too shabby, good hit detection, and the gameplay is hectic.

That is, of course, when I can actually connect to a multiplayer match. A few more maps would have been good, too.
I had some connection issues too until i set up my vita ip to a dmz on my router. No problem since. 3 straight hours of pure brainless codfun. I agree the game is short on mp maps, but otherwise the cod feeling is surprisingly intact.

So uuuh. Did the last update break online?

When I try to connect it kicks me back to a fake main menu where the game will freeze if I try to enter multiplayer again. I have to press O to go back, which takes me to the multiplayer menu.

And it'll load up the other players (90% of which is rank 1), but then kick me out after the level loads.

When I try to connect it kicks me back to a fake main menu where the game will freeze if I try to enter multiplayer again. I have to press O to go back, which takes me to the multiplayer menu.

And it'll load up the other players (90% of which is rank 1), but then kick me out after the level loads.

Yeah there is some odd bugs there.

The one where it kicks after map load, try changing game type. Works most times for me. Otherwise you end up trying to join the same game over and over and keep getting disconnected.

test_account

XP-39C²
FINALLY i finished level 5 in Operation on veteran difficulty. I used nearly 2 hours on that level alone. Halfway there now, 5 Operation missions to go on veteran difficulty.

Yeah, the multiplayer bugs are weird, and they seem to be random. Earlier today i got disconnected in the middle of two games for no apparent reason. I was playing fine, then suddently the screen faded to black and it said "saving", then i was back to the menu. Luckily i dont think i lost any XP.

I've also gotten a bug two-three times where when i click on multiplayer, no menu comes up. The game doesnt freeze, but since i cant click on anything to go back to the main menu, i must restart the game.

Hopefully patch 1.02 will fix these things.

daevv

I get my "preorder" copy in the mail this Monday or Tuesday. It was shipped the day before release. Ahhh the joys of living on a island. I'm actually kinda hyped. ;)

Robertto

Neo Member
I get my "preorder" copy in the mail this Monday or Tuesday. It was shipped the day before release. Ahhh the joys of living on a island. I'm actually kinda hyped. ;)

me too, mine should come wed, and i also live on an island ..... Australia

kerrak

Using dmz worked for me. And check you dont have nat3 on your vita.

Just got my copy from gamefly....

The game is fun. It's not perfect, of course, but it's quite fun. I have absolutely zero issue with the 33/100 metacritic it has currently based on the price alone. $50 for this is fucking absurd. But when you actually put the cart in your vita and play the game it's fine.

I actually think Nihilistic should be commended for what they pulled off in 5 months. When I make my end of the year lists this game won't be in it, but it's certainly not a pile of shit. Or maybe I just like shit. Who knows.

Aight/10

MisterC20XX

That's the new "lighting round" feature!

Seriously though, I'm getting the same thing nine times out of ten.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
MP is severely broken. The first two games I tried, loading screen lasted for 5 minutes each and then kicked me back to the menues. No playing. On the third try i finally got to play, but I timed the load time, and from the moment all players had been found it took 9:35 until the game started. That's almost 10 minutes. not quite acceptable.

Plus, gameplay was buggy/broken as well. Some characters couldn't be killed etc.

I hope they fix this. And give us bigger maps.

test_account

XP-39C²
Have anyone been able to get the "Pure as the Driven Snow" trophy? Do you have to complete the whole mission without taking a single hit? That is pretty much litterally impossible. Or am i missing something? I can get about half way through the level without getting hit, but after this there is probably 20-30 enemies left and they shoot like crazy if i just stick my little finger out of the room.

MP is severely broken. The first two games I tried, loading screen lasted for 5 minutes each and then kicked me back to the menues. No playing. On the third try i finally got to play, but I timed the load time, and from the moment all players had been found it took 9:35 until the game started. That's almost 10 minutes. not quite acceptable.

Plus, gameplay was buggy/broken as well. Some characters couldn't be killed etc.

I hope they fix this. And give us bigger maps.
I had that loading problem earlier too. Took about 5 minutes to loadn a map. I closed the game and restarted it, havnt had the problem after that.

VanWinkle

So this game has problems connecting to a match too? Just like Resistance. What is Nihilistic doing wrong? I figured it was the servers on Sony's end but this is a different publisher so it must be the developer. That's so odd. No other Vita games have this problem.

Sporran

So this game has problems connecting to a match too? Just like Resistance. What is Nihilistic doing wrong? I figured it was the servers on Sony's end but this is a different publisher so it must be the developer. That's so odd. No other Vita games have this problem.

I get Nat3 issues on vita with this and ironic R:BS. I dont get issues any other time, any other game, any other console. Go figure1

MisterC20XX

I had a dream last night that the PlayStation YouTube channel put up a video of Jack Tretton apologizing for "a game release that didn't meet the standard of quality fans have come to expect from the PlayStation brand." Everyone who bought Declassified had a choice of either being fully refunded or getting a free year of PS+. Jack also promised a 2013 re-release developed in conjunction by Treyarch and Gearbox. It was a nice dream... and for a moment, all was right in the world.

spannicus

The worst thing about the game to me is the horrible and I mean horrible AI. The AI being so stupid draws what fun the game had right out of it, single player stuff. Multiplayer is awesome. I wish they could have madeit 6v6 and normal size maps. Some of the maps iI'm already getting tired of because they are so small with really no variation of ground level. Damn one things for sure is cod can work on the Vita and be very similar to home consoles if created by Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

It is a real shame because this game online is actually very decent...good even. Imagine if a good studio was given this game, or Nihilistic was given the proper time. I picture 6 vs 6, search and destroy, hardcore modes, the party games/wager matches, proper non glitchy matchmaking, etc...man.

Just saw a television ad on Fox college football for the game and the $199 Black Friday bundle. Well, at least they're advertising something on Vita.

kitch9

Banned
It is a real shame because this game online is actually very decent...good even. Imagine if a good studio was given this game, or Nihilistic was given the proper time. I picture 6 vs 6, search and destroy, hardcore modes, the party games/wager matches, proper non glitchy matchmaking, etc...man.

We can but dream of that shit my man... I think the first manufacturer to deliver that regularly and a £150.00 entry price for the hardware will clean up, but what do I know?

People will pay 120 quid for a handheld that pretty much only provides a single player experience though.

Takao

Banned
I had a dream last night that the PlayStation YouTube channel put up a video of Jack Tretton apologizing for "a game release that didn't meet the standard of quality fans have come to expect from the PlayStation brand." Everyone who bought Declassified had a choice of either being fully refunded or getting a free year of PS+. Jack also promised a 2013 re-release developed in conjunction by Treyarch and Gearbox. It was a nice dream... and for a moment, all was right in the world.

That's when you should've known it was a dream. Gearbox ain't touching Vita with a fifty foot pole. Pitchford keeps pleading Sony for them to find some studio to port BL2 to Vita because that's too much for them to do internally.

kitch9

Banned
That's when you should've known it was a dream. Gearbox ain't touching Vita with a fifty foot pole. Pitchford keeps pleading Sony for them to find some studio to port BL2 to Vita because that's too much for them to do internally.

Bl2 doesn't need porting, they just need to provide some extra modes and maps.

Activision being the scum sacking wankers they are won't though even if it sells well.

Takao

Banned
No, Pitchford wants someone to port Borderlands 2 to Vita, and apparently under Sony's dime. He's said his "dream" for Vita is to be able to play the game at home, load the save on Vita and leave the house while continuing the game. He just doesn't want his studio doing it.

kitch9

Banned
No, Pitchford wants someone to port Borderlands 2 to Vita, and apparently under Sony's dime. He's said his "dream" for Vita is to be able to play the game at home, load the save on Vita and leave the house while continuing the game. He just doesn't want his studio doing it.

Sorry, Borderlands, I misunderstood .. Yes, I could be down with that.

Something like Skyrim too.... I tend to lose track of rpgs after 20 or so hours as I simply don't get the time with my family to play them, whereas with a handheld version I could play that in amongst everyone.

Top Bottom