• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Xux

The damage feels like COD to me. I haven't noticed it going up. This is another annual comment on GAF just like "spawns are terrible omg it was never like this before" when it hasn't really changed much if any.

Anyone using FAL? How do you make it so beastly like in that video? I attached Select Fire onto it but the damage hasn't gone up tbh.
There's no secret aside from having your shots land.

The KSG shotgun or whatever... is it just me or is it the most frustrating gun to lose? Why the fuck can I ADS and hit a guy 40 feet away and kill him but I ADS and blast a guy 2 feet in front of me and it constantly misses? Is there a secret to using it? Hip fire seems completely worthless.

aku:jiki

That's just stupid. Especially since you can spec people when you are dead. Theres nearly no camping on Hardcore.
I don't know why you'd assume that I've never played hardcore. I have 2000+ hours in all CoDs combined, and I've played every mode. Hardcore is a ridiculous campfest and I can't stand it. All anybody ever does when I decide to give HC another chance is sit in a corner with some kind of crutch (claymores in every doorway, heartbeat sensor, motion sensor, betties, whatever) and there is absolutely zero pace or tension.

You're the one who streamed hardcore FFA the other day, right? You didn't camp and that made me give you a mental thumbs up, but come on, you didn't notice how every other opponent you killed was just sitting in a corner? I sure did.

Jesus Christ, say what you will about Treyarch, but I think it's indisputable that their campaigns are far FAR more brutal and violent than all of the MW games combined.

Xux

Doesn't do what the video showed, unless the video was not how it's meant to be, I don't know.

The AN96 or whatever it's called looks miles better.
Non-full-auto guns are pretty lag dependent and that looked like a theater video so it's not going to be one-to-one with what actually happened.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Average weapon damage is overall lowest it's ever been in COD.
It's the netcode/lag comp and auto-aim/hit-detection. These are statistically the weakest guns in the series.
Exactly. Contrary to popular belief, MW3 weapons were on average statistically weaker than Blops 1 weapons as well.

Ah, fair enough, I thought the damage had increased in MW3 as BO2 feels pretty similar in how little it takes to be killed and to kill others. Maybe I always got the ass end of the lag comp in MW3 too and had assumed it was an increase in damage, I guess it is just another reason why lag comp sucks so much in recent games, lol.

I ended up going prestige about 5 times over the course of MW3 to keep it interesting and you generally get used to how quickly every moves, how have they managed to screw up the lag comp from MW3 to this that it seems to be affecting so many far harsher than before?

aku:jiki

Ah, fair enough, I thought the damage had increased in MW3 as BO2 feels pretty similar in how little it takes to be killed and to kill others. Maybe I always got the ass end of the lag comp in MW3 too and had assumed it was an increase in damage, I guess it is just another reason why lag comp sucks so much in recent games, lol.

I ended up going prestige about 5 times over the course of MW3 to keep it interesting and you generally get used to how quickly every moves, how have they managed to screw up the lag comp from MW3 to this that it seems to be affecting so many far harsher than before?
They did raise damage in MW3, by a little bit, but BO2 is fairly on par with damage levels in BO1 and MW2.

GAF CoD OT's really need to start including this link: http://denkirson.xanga.com/

Sethos

Banned
I don't know why you'd assume that I've never played hardcore. I have 2000+ hours in all CoDs combined, and I've played every mode. Hardcore is a ridiculous campfest and I can't stand it. All anybody ever does when I decide to give HC another chance is sit in a corner with some kind of crutch (claymores in every doorway, heartbeat sensor, motion sensor, betties, whatever) and there is absolutely zero pace or tension.

You're the one who streamed hardcore FFA the other day, right? You didn't camp and that made me give you a mental thumbs up, but come on, you didn't notice how every other opponent you killed was just sitting in a corner? I sure did.

First off, let's stop the hyperbole. The mode isn't two teams sitting in a corner waiting. There's bomb planting and there's always someone trying to plant, which usually leads to the other team defusing. Yes, the pace is slower and there will be people waiting it out for the bomb to explode etc. that's the point of the fucking mode.

Why the christ would you play a mode where that's the entire point, tactical gameplay, if you can't muster it? Not every mode is meant for you. People who do sit in a corner and camp are easy to flush out which is the other great thing about that mode, flushing out people.

And I said again, you obviously haven't played much of it lately. Ever since MW3, the pace is relentless and anyone who sit still are punished. Even with the new Ghost change the tactical nature of the game has changed completely.

I don't walk into TDM and go "OMG EVERYBODY IS RUNNING AROUND AND RESPAWNING, WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!"

alterno69

Banned
I tried the patch thing on my PS3 and yes, the diference is striking, more aliased yes but also sharper, i want them to unpatch this so i can play the sharper version. I'm giving this game one week, if it's not fixed i'm moving selling it and not looking back, no way i reward this fuckers by buying it again on thee 360.

I agree completely. I laugh every time my brother joins me in standard team deathmatch (he always plays HC TDM). He immediately starts bitching about how hard it is to kill people. Yet I'm the one playing the "soft" version of the game?

It's harder to maintain a higher k/d in standard TDM.

Jesus Christ, say what you will about Treyarch, but I think it's indisputable that their campaigns are far FAR more brutal and violent than all of the MW games combined.

Yes, they are, and it comes off as tacky and juvenile to me. It does nothing for me to see a slow motion stabbing death because I clicked the right stick.

Sethos

Banned
I agree completely. I laugh every time my brother joins me in standard team deathmatch (he always plays HC TDM). He immediately starts bitching about how hard it is to kill people. Yet I'm the one playing the "soft" version of the game? lol no

It's harder to maintain a higher k/d in standard TDM.

Rubbish. It's harder to kill because it's a completely different feel. You don't get used to one way of playing and then instantly adapt to another a second later. Plus people who play HC usually have a specific setup for that, while soft requires something slightly different. People who practice in HC won't get good at Core and people who play Core usually suck at HC.

Maybe you should join him in some HC and see how good you are.

Wow, I suck at these strike force missions in campaign. Any suggestions? I've never been good at RTS-style games. Should I just stick to controlling infantry directly and trying to take out the invading enemy?

Rubbish. It's harder to kill because it's a completely different feel. You don't get used to one way of playing and then instantly adapt to another a second later. Plus people who play HC usually have a specific setup for that, while soft requires something slightly different. People who practice in HC won't get good at Core and people who play Core usually suck at HC.

Maybe you should join him in some HC and see how good you are.

I have, and had no trouble doing just as well as I do in standard TDM. Why would it ever be harder for someone like me when my opponents now have less health?

Sethos

Banned
I have, and had no trouble doing just as we'll as I do in standard TDM. Why would it ever be harder for someone like me when my opponents now have less health?

Oh obviously, you are probably top of the list and an FPS god in HC and you just play regular for the challenge, amaright? Because you die faster in HC as well as kill fast, you don't get second changes unlike regular ( Unless the guy shooting seriously sucks ) plus the lack of HUD / Radar changes focus point.

No one is claiming Hardcore is that much harder. Hardcore just requires you to adopt a slightly different play style and setups to really excel plus mistakes are punished harder. That doesn't show as much in respawn modes as it does in S&D.

But stop this BS like regular is just the crazy hard mode and playing hardcore is just EZ-mode and the reason why you don't play it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Lag Compensation is soooooo bad. Is this the first game that punishes you for having a good connection?

Sethos

Banned
Loved HC in COD4 but not here; the lag, SMGs hitting you from across the map, yadda yadda.

Yeah, it's definitely not as enjoyable. Also because of the map changes, perk changes and the pace is just different. However when I try regular I just want to punch a horse. Wish there was a middle ground.

RS4-

Yeah, it's definitely not as enjoyable. Also because of the map changes, perk changes and the pace is just different. However when I try regular I just want to punch a horse. Wish there was a middle ground.

WTB normal mode with FF on and no HUD

Sethos

Banned
WTB normal mode with FF on and no HUD

Oh yeah, I would actually go for that. I don't care too much about FF being on or off, as I have a list of pros and cons that cancel each other out for both but the No HUD is a must - I can't have that HUD in my face.

fuenf

I dont think i can take it anymore. Game was absolutely horrible today, 80% of the matches were on bad servers, one guy went 76-4 against us and was basically unhittable. BO2 has the potential to be awesome, but something is seriously wrong when 24-5 and 5-24 are just as likely. And everything is solely depending on the server, my K/D and Win-ratio are sitting at 0.8 and there are absolutely no signs of improvement. It's not just one game here and there, somehow most of the time my team gets absolutely demolished and everybody is -5 or -10. This is fucking annoying. :(

Matches were fantastic for me once I switched to best matchmaking, I wanted to do that on launch but it was kind of hard to find. I was able to outmaneuver more often, winning more one on one battles, it was great. It was already smooth before but now it's even better.

EDIT: And quick snipers can fuck off, I did not miss them in BO1 at all.

Jack_AG

Banned
Matches were fantastic for me once I switched to best matchmaking, I wanted to do that on launch but it was kind of hard to find. I was able to outmaneuver more often, winning more one on one battles, it was great. It was already smooth before but now it's even better.

EDIT: And quick snipers can fuck off, I did not miss them in BO1 at all.
Placebo. I've been on "best" since day 1 and its been trash for me.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I don't know what gun it is, but I think someone definitely found and exploit with a shotgun using laser sight, it's one hit kills from a ridiculous range.

How far away are we talking about? There is an attachment that increases shotgun range. I could be like in MW3 where it gives a specific shotty ridiculous range (looking at your Striker :p)

M1216 - Terribad, takes 3-4 shots to kill at close range

Is this shotty like the striker in MW3?

How far away are we talking about? There is an attachment that increases shotgun range. I could be like in MW3 where it gives a specific shotty ridiculous range (looking at your Striker :p)
You know the store in the middle of the train station on Express? Well I was in the window and got ohk from a guy standing on the tracks, standing near the platform.

fuenf

Can some other PS3 players please test something and chip in with your findings?

Go into Game Data Utility in the XMB and delete the 1.02 patch.

Boot up the game and press circle when it asks to download the patch so it loads without installing it.

Now, is it my ageing eyes playing tricks on me or is the blur filter all but gone?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch a few times now to test, and I'm absolutely convinced there's a pretty substantial difference. I'm all but convinced there's something in the patch that wreaks havoc on the AA solution or something and causes the excess softness...

Wow that's amazing, looks like a completely different game. But i doubt they'll change it back, just had a game against Bots without the patch and it ran noticeable worse. :( Still want it back though, really beautiful. Guess they changed the AA method to that blurry shit to secure the 60fps. Also, i think my PS3 was louder than normal when playing the game without the patch.

Kyoufu

So I've been running Shock Charge and Bouncing Betty for my equipment.

Knifing a stunned player feels great but the best part is when you're both shocked but you still make the lunge. Feels like a Chidori straight out of Naruto.

The Betty is absolutely wonderful. Prefer using it over a grenade as I can give myself some protection if I'm going to camp a certain spot or if the enemy wants to cap the flag etc. It's beautiful seeing people die to it as they run over to grab my tag in Kill Confirmed. :D

Yes, even seems to affect the clarity of the in game hud. Try it in local or lan mode against bots.

I just finished testing this in multiplayer with local. Again, the blurry look is 100% gone and everything has a clear crisp look to it. It's pretty damn jarring going back and forth.

This needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kamspy

Phenom 1100T
GTX 680
1920x1080

some reason getting around 45 fps in single player. no matter the settings....

what gives?

kamspy

Just a gamble but could be your CPU keeping you down.

BF3 runs better. MOH WF runs better. No problem with COD before. It's BIOS'd to run like 6 PII cores at 3.8Ghz. All that turbo core turned off. Just 3.8 on all cores at all times. Runs everything else the way it should.

Top Bottom