• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

whoa Fal is godly, thanks to those that suggested it a couple pages back. changing to that now :D

shot down about 10 UAV's a match ago, dem free points, kill confirmed is awesome

HiiiLife

Shock charges are legit bro. Used it in League Play before i had it unlock and it surprised the hell out of me

Yeah they are pretty damn awesome.

Also I think this game may have my favorite killstreaks ever in a CoD game. The Warthog & Lodestar are just GODLY. Seriously.

Warthog/Lodestar >>> Strafe Run/Reaper.

Don't even get me started on the Swarm.

I'm sorry beloved AC130 from MW2. But you have been replaced.

K/D: 1.93
W/L: 1.67

Would like to get win lose higher to at least a 70%

I miss those days when I was at the U playing as a party and had W/L over 2.0 most of the time.

Holy shit. Fuck a Bouncy Betty/Claymore. I'm loving the Shock Charges. Stick em on the damn ceilings or on door frames. Got your ass! Lmao.

Those Shock Charges are the shit in objective based games. So are the Bouncy Betty's.

whoa Fal is godly, thanks to those that suggested it a couple pages back. changing to that now :D

shot down about 10 UAV's a match ago, dem free points, kill confirmed is awesome

I shoot at least 5-10 UAV's down every game I play. Tells you how many go up and how much XP I get from those.

It is worth for the team to get the enemy UAV down, personally not so much because I often get shot when I tend to get them down.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I wonder how much it would help me if I used headphones, like my ATH-AD700's, instead of my speakers.

I wonder how much it would help me if I used headphones, like my ATH-AD700's, instead of my speakers.

Well mine I play with no sound, cant turn it up unless there is no one around. I miss those time when I had the surround all cranked up, haha.

Trust me it is a huge bonus. I had it quite high today and I realized how much noise I was making when I run around. Sure you'd be able to figure when there is someone around you.

Raven77

Does anyone know how to change the NON iron-sight reticle (the aiming reticle that is just on the screen whenever your not aiming through your sites)?

It is horrendous, the bars are like 2 inches away from each other with no dot or anything in the center. Makes it hard to tell where I'm going to be aiming when I DO bring up my iron sights.

Thanks in advance.

HiiiLife

Does anyone know how to change the NON iron-sight reticle (the aiming reticle that is just on the screen whenever your not aiming through your sites)?

It is horrendous, the bars are like 2 inches away from each other with no dot or anything in the center. Makes it hard to tell where I'm going to be aiming when I DO bring up my iron sights.

Thanks in advance.

The crosshairs? I don't think you can change that at all. I'm a console player but maybe you can do it on PC. I'd switch the crosshair to a dot if I could. Lol.

Raven77

The crosshairs? I don't think you can change that at all. I'm a console player but maybe you can do it on PC. I'd switch the crosshair to a dot if I could. Lol.

Exactly, it helps a lot to know where your iron sights are going to be pointing prior to pulling them up.

Oh well, I guess the useless enormous 4 bar cross will have to do...

On PC, highlight the attachment with the mouse cursor and press the letter O. Don't know about consoles.

Edit: Shite, mis-read your question. :-(

ShogunX

Anybody want to join our party? (Xbox 360) Currently have two maybe three but prefer having a bit of a squad to play with. Probably be playing objective gametypes.

Pm me or send me a message on Live - GT = ShoguN PaiN

Ichabod

Banned
My thoughts on the game after spending some time with the MP:

• Netcode is really hit or miss. Sometimes it runs smooth, other times its a lag compensated slide show.
  • Sound effects are godlike. I love hearing shit get blown up on my 7.1 system. Explosions shake the whole house and the guns sound nice and beefy. Treyarch really deserves commendation on this as I HATED the pellets guns and firecrackers from Blops1.
  • Scorestreaks > killstreaks. Its nice not having clouds of harriers, ac-130s, and choppers block out the sun for the entire match, every match.
  • Tying into the above point: Kiddies still like the campin', but thanks to the revised scorestreak system, its much harder for them to get killstreaks. Also, I've yet to run into lobbies full of rampant quickscoping.
  • 10 point system is good stuff. I love the diversity it brings to loadout customization.
  • SMGs > ARs. Kind of annoying to have someone sniping you from
    across the map with an SMG but, eh.
  • I'm admittedly a shitty sniper but sniping is fun as hell.
  • Maps are small but not to the point of feeling claustrophobic. Map selection is diverse and, to my surprise, I'm either ambivalent toward or like them all.

It's like "WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN!?" has been replaced by "MENENDEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I fuckin' love it, hahaha. I find Treyarch's campaigns a lot more enjoyable than Infinity Ward's. The espionage world of Black Ops is more fun to inhabit than the IW MW world. Plus I like the characters a lot more (as silly as that is to say about a CoD game)

Anyone know what track is playing in
Panama when Menendez loses his shit and starts rampaging through the village against Noriega's troops? I just finished that mission, I really liked that amped up track.

Edit: Never mind, found it!

Mikey Jr.

I got a dragonfire.

I could not deploy it because it kept saying that I couldnt from this location.

Anyone know what the fuck was up?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Okay, this game is officially off my Christmas list. It is done.

Thank you gents for your impressions. I simply cannot and wont deal with the problems I had in Black Ops 1 again.
To be fair, P2P is ass for more than 2 players and should be used by no one.

zinder

So for people who are playing on PC, how are you enjoying it so far? Any lag-related problems? Hackers? Bad performance? More/less fun than Blops 1/MW3?

I am thinking about getting this but after the issues I had with Blops 1 (massive lag until they patched it 2 months later) I am a bit worried. Still, I have a couple of hours I need to kill right now and thinking about buying it right away.

So for people who are playing on PC, how are you enjoying it so far? Any lag-related problems? Hackers? Bad performance? More/less fun than Blops 1/MW3?

I am thinking about getting this but after the issues I had with Blops 1 (massive lag until they patched it 2 months later) I am a bit worried. Still, I have a couple of hours I need to kill right now and thinking about buying it right away.

Game runs great on the PC. I had a couple strange lag hiccups, but that was maybe two or three games and it was brief. I never played Blops 1 or MW3, but I think this is my favorite COD. Oh and no hackers, which will probably stay that way since it is a VAC enabled game.

Game runs great on the PC. I had a couple strange lag hiccups, but that was maybe two or three games and it was brief. I never played Blops 1 or MW3, but I think this is my favorite COD. Oh and no hackers, which will probably stay that way since it is a VAC enabled game.
+1 to the stuff said here, really enjoying it so far. Community seems quite good as well, every game ended with multiple gg's. Way better than MW3 on PC IMO :)

This game is sooooooooooooooo much better than MW3. Once you get in a good lobby this game is freaking fun. Havent felt this way about COD in a long time.

params7

Banned
I'm getting very fucking tired of the crashing on the ps3.

I'm at a point where if there was ANY program out there that would take my PS3 and its games and get me a 360 and its equivalent ports, I would do it in a heart fucking beat.

For fuck sake, fix the PS3 version. I encountered maybe 1 or 2 freezes since Tuesday night. Today, 14. The last hotfix they pushed live fucked everything up.

If there has been a more rage inducing, controller bouncing game released in the past decade, I'd probably end up in the crazy house if I ever played it. Shooting someone with an entire clip, all torso/head shots, to get instagib'd time and time and time again....

Top Bottom