• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

zeelman

So I've been running Shock Charge and Bouncing Betty for my equipment.

Knifing a stunned player feels great but the best part is when you're both shocked but you still make the lunge. Feels like a Chidori straight out of Naruto.

The Betty is absolutely wonderful. Prefer using it over a grenade as I can give myself some protection if I'm going to camp a certain spot or if the enemy wants to cap the flag etc. It's beautiful seeing people die to it as they run over to grab my tag in Kill Confirmed. :D

Yeah Betties are way too good now that you can't really see them, and they go off almost instantly.

aristotle

It seems to me that I only freeze when I'm looking at someone's emblem. Anyone else? At least they have a patch in testing right now so hopefully it'll be released soon.

Jack_AG

Banned
Wow that's amazing, looks like a completely different game. But i doubt they'll change it back, just had a game against Bots without the patch and it ran noticeable worse. :( Still want it back though, really beautiful. Guess they changed the AA method to that blurry shit to secure the 60fps. Also, i think my PS3 was louder than normal when playing the game without the patch.
Weird. My performance improved without the patch. No stuttering, freezing, etc.

With patch it runs noticeably worse.

Playing on 360 if anyone wants to jump on. I generally play hardcore modes, but whatever is fine as long as someone has a mic.

gt: jacksk3llington

fuenf

Weird. My performance improved without the patch. No stuttering, freezing, etc.

With patch it runs noticeably worse.

Which maps did you try? I played Slums and Hijacked with 9 bots. There was some slowdown during firefights and the PS3 got really loud. Overall the fluidity seemed gone, well it might just be a side-effect of the blur, i dont know. But yeah i'd much rather take the improved IQ too, matter of fact i'll now continue my campaign playthrough without the patch. The inconsistent multiplayer currently just isnt worth it. Hopefully the'll fix the blur and the multiplayer lag compensation in a new patch.

Shady859

+1 M27 just unlocked FMJ attachment. I was rolling SMG classes mainly till I unlocked it. Hadn't really found any AR that I loved yet. I've unlocked the scar and still I using my M27. :)

I'm gonna hop back on in a couple hours and play till the weee morning. Will look yall up then if anyone is online, I really need a new 360 crew to roll with.

Jack_AG

Banned
Which maps did you try? I played Slums and Hijacked with 9 bots. There was some slowdown during firefights and the PS3 got really loud. Overall the fluidity seemed gone, well it might just be a side-effect of the blur, i dont know. But yeah i'd much rather take the improved IQ too, matter of fact i'll now continue my campaign playthrough without the patch. The inconsistent multiplayer currently just isnt worth it. Hopefully the'll fix the blur and the multiplayer lag compensation in a new patch.
Ha! Both Hijack and Slums lol. I took a pic if an object in Slums on the other page.

I thought it was a marked improvement in both visual fidelity and playability. Now if they can fix it with another patch then all they have to do is fix lag comp, matchmaking and the shit spawn system and I can deal with some sub-par maps.

LowParry

So coming off the foul taste that was MW3, any impressions with the SCAR and AK-47? The SCAR was my main weapon for MW3 and was so pissed at what they did with the AK-47.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've been using the Type 25 with reflex sight and grip and I've been doing pretty well. Way better than I normally do the first week a COD is out.

kinda meh about uav turned on for the party games like gun game and one in the chamber, i understand for one in the chamber but for gun game meh

oh well, those games are still fun once in a while.

why no AUG :( that was my gun in black ops 1

Jack_AG

Banned
I've been using the Type 25 with reflex sight and grip and I've been doing pretty well. Way better than I normally do the first week a COD is out.
The 25 was my go-to until I unlocked the M27. I love irons and I like sight picture on the T25 and M27 a lot. Both shoot very well.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The 25 was my go-to until I unlocked the M27. I love irons and I like sight picture on the T25 and M27 a lot. Both shoot very well.

I think the M27 is the next AR I unlock. I'll check it out for sure. A good iron sight is important cuz I hate wasting a slot on a red dot. I'd much rather have a sidearm.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I just finished testing this in multiplayer with local. Again, the blurry look is 100% gone and everything has a clear crisp look to it. It's pretty damn jarring going back and forth.

This needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot damn yall werent kidding!! I replayed the very first campaign level in Africa and the picture quality was much improved. This level was the most jarring to me when I first saw it last night, it was so bad. This is a pretty significant difference. I did notice some slight performance dips when things got super hectic, but it wasnt that bad and I would prefer it with the enhanced image no doubt. I hope this gets patched sooner rather than later.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My time with the multiplayer so far (I'm like level 20+) has given me these opinions. (Also I skipped Modern Warfare 3).

The maps are uninspired and aren't as memorable as Modern Warfare 2.

The sound mixing is fucked up. It was like this with Black Ops 1 as well, at least in my experience.

I still prefer the badges and icons from Modern Warfare 2. There was a shit load of them, they were awesome challenges to unlock, and you couldn't see what they were till you unlocked them. Also the customization options are a bit lacking.

SMG's basically rule the game.

Lag Compensation is fucked up. Seriously fucked up.

At times the aiming can be a little bit weird. ie looking down the scope and all of a sudden you are pointed above where you were pointing.

The "Scorestreak" thing is a little weird, but I guess I can get used to it since you can now get "killstreaks" with assists and mission objectives.

Nuke Town is the best place to level up weapons.

Xux

You know the store in the middle of the train station on Express? Well I was in the window and got ohk from a guy standing on the tracks, standing near the platform.
The KSG shoots a single projectile that's a guaranteed kill out to a certain range.

G_Berry

Banned
The only thing shitting me at the moment is the fucking quickscoping!

If you have a whole team of these little fuckers you cant even move around the map, it's just point, shoot, insta kill. FUCKING PATCH THIS SHIT!!!!!

The KSG shoots a single projectile that's a guaranteed kill out to a certain range.
Now I know what gun it was, it was the R870, been running into that a lot lately.

If you have a whole team of these little fuckers you cant even move around the map, it's just point, shoot, insta kill. FUCKING PATCH THIS SHIT!!!!!
Why didn't they double down on handling those fools I have no idea.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Every game it's been a problem. Every game it never gets fixed.

Nori Chan

Interesting glitch.

If there is a counter uav in the air and the host migrates I guess it becomes permanent cause that thing was up for 3 minutes straight after. I didn't bother finishing the match if it was gonna end up like that

Desaan

What everyone KD and W/L ratio so far?

I'm at .88 so far (last two days have been brutal) and 1.18 for W/L

0.95 and going down, wins at 0.85. Between the spawn cycle merry-go-round and lag compensation, which is hurting me more than ever (got an 80/20 connection last month, ping 7ms to London from Liverpool) I'm not really enjoying the game. Seems the only way to win and rape at the same time is by kill streak cycling, which is becoming a problem.

HiiiLife

Holy shit. Fuck a Bouncy Betty/Claymore. I'm loving the Shock Charges. Stick em on the damn ceilings or on door frames. Got your ass! Lmao.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

0.82, it was higher but like you said the last two days have been awful, ending a match 3 kills 28 deaths almost made me want to punch a kitten, I had to turn off the game after that, lol.

Personally I can't wait to unlock Ghost, it will be what I use my prestige token for no doubt, not having to worry about the UAV orgy in the air will be great, I usually shoot them down but sometimes for everyone that blows up another comes in.

Yea it is ridiculous really, Treyarch tried to nerf it in BO iirc, they seemingly, and annoyingly, have done nothing about it so far. Can't even take a few matches out playing something like Infected now because they decided one of the more popular modes in MW3 wasn't worth bringing over.

Sethos

Banned
This is the first CoD where I've gone below a 2+ K/D, currently sitting at 1.9 with a 38% win ratio :/

EDIT: Ha, 73% win ratio in MW3. Maybe I should go back to that.

Makoto

KDR: 2.84
W/L: 1.87

Level 44 at the moment.

Playing mostly Mercenary Moshpit. The name of the game has been SMG + Laser Sight. If possible, add the extended mag. No one has figured it out yet (on PC that is).

Top Bottom