• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

params7

Banned
Haven't played a CoD seriously since MW2 and I'm finally getting my hardcore SnD mojo back. Love that shit.

Same story here. Last I played a CoD seriously was back in MW2, where I would solo to nukes even if my team was losing. Blops 2 is the first CoD after that where I'm able to get this serious again. Fucking loving the shit out of this game if only it weren't for the crashes on ps3.

Man that PDW-57 is just wrecking it for me. THat with the scope that highlights your enemies, I've been going positive in all my rounds with that thing. I think this is the first time in COD where I've barely used an assault rifle.

zinder

Reading all console lag bullshit makes me laugh as I turn back to my PC and have no troubles at all.

Damn, really surprised that the PC version actually seems more stable than consoles this time around. Black Ops release was a chaos on PC, where 40%+ users had massive lagspikes for atleast a month after release.

Kydd BlaZe

If there has been a more rage inducing, controller bouncing game released in the past decade, I'd probably end up in the crazy house if I ever played it. Shooting someone with an entire clip, all torso/head shots, to get instagib'd time and time and time again....
Lol...this game made me destroy my Turtle Beach headsets and made me send my controller flying across the room.

No other online game has made me rage this hard.

spootime

Oh my god I fucking love the dialogue in this game. Its so over the top lmao

within like five seconds of meeting woods your buddy is like "OH FUCK THIS GUY GOD DAMMIT HES FUCKIN USELESS" "CHILL THE FUCK OUT BRO HES COOL" God damn its a goldmine

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god I fucking love the dialogue in this game. Its so over the top lmao

within like five seconds of meeting woods your buddy is like "OH FUCK THIS GUY GOD DAMMIT HES FUCKIN USELESS" "CHILL THE FUCK OUT BRO HES COOL" God damn its a goldmine

LOL yeah the dialogue and story so far have been complete ass. I didn't think the writing in a COD could get worse than what we've seen so far, but some of the stuff that people say in the campaign is straight up crap.

DjRoomba

Banned
Cool. Finally bought it.
Multiplayer is so chaotic in this one and the first one. I think the multiplayer is a little better in modern warfare.. System is perfected there, can't they just copy that? Don't have to make changes just to make things different, only make changes to add and improve, dam!

Makoto

So many times, a player and myself run into each other. We both immediately go for the knife but since the dedicated servers actually kind of suck, we'll just miss because according to the server, we were never in each other's line of sight. If I run up to a guy and knife as soon as I get in range, it will not connect but if I'm running behind a guy for a good 2 seconds, just enough for the server to validate that the opposing player is in my line of sight, I will teleport to that player and knife him.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Lol...this game made me destroy my Turtle Beach headsets and made me send my controller flying across the room.

No other online game has made me rage this hard.

If I had slightly less self control I would have thrown my controller across the room by now, as annoying as MW3 was when it launched in many of the same ways, it was never quite as frustrating as BO2 has become.

So did the double XP start yet?

Is it only for Nuketown 2025 or the rest of the playlists too?

Think it just mentions this weekend in the message, but it is for all playlists as far as I can tell, but the only way to get the double xp is to have downloaded nuketown 2025 from your copy.

And that's why I run Tactician and carry 2 EMP grenades.

You could run with the engineer perk and just take the guess work out of it.

I really did forget how good it feels to do well in this game. I just decimated the other team in kill confirmed running around like a lunatic with a shotgun. It can also be terrible when you do really bad though I almost punched my monitor I was so pissed off earlier.

yea PDW is my favorite

been destroying with PDW + laser sight, reminds me of my beloved P90 (a little bit)

Thank you to whoevever suggested that the PDW is better than the stats claim it is. Between that and finally grinding out that FAL auto attachment, I'm finally dominating matches :)

God the FAL + Full auto + Quick grip + Target Tracker = amazing sniping fun

edit: Been mainly playing Kill Confirmed, definitely my favorite game type

My buddy with the PS3 version brought it over tonight to play.

Holy hot damn it looks like blurry shit compared to the 360 version. How does this keep happening every time?

adelante

FUCKIN LOVE THIS GAME. Played multiplayer since I got it and never looked back (really should get around to playing the campaign soon cos I've heard good things bt it). I like how your teammates' kills contribute to you earning even more points when you're using a support scorestreak. Barely played Domination in previous CODs (always been a TDM player myself) but since a bunch of people on my friends list are fans of that mode, I've decided to join 'em. Helps that I frequently get top score in each match :D

And I don't know if its just the state of things right now or just the games I've been playing but unlike in MW3, I've never found the need to have a launcher in my loadouts. Neat (I miss being the party pooper in MW3 tho... destroy air support within seconds they appear)

once you prestige and use that permanent unlock token to unlock ghost the game becomes much more bearable. so many multi-kills on scrubs who just look at the map all day.

You could run with the engineer perk and just take the guess work out of it.

I really did forget how good it feels to do well in this game. I just decimated the other team in kill confirmed running around like a lunatic with a shotgun. It can also be terrible when you do really bad though I almost punched my monitor I was so pissed off earlier.
Right that's what I meant. I love tossing an EMP grenade in a room with red icons.

legacyzero

Banned
I think I have decided that I just dont like this multiplayer....

-Cramped, corridor type maps.
-Over-emphasis on SMG's

However, I've been playing on both the PC and 360. Perhaps I've been spoiled by the kb/m. My K/D is around .50 higher on PC. Not sure why.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just had a sick KC session with some gaf buddies. So good.

ibckeQeKgKzqH7.gif

Wow, I really really like the FAL, I've had 5 great games back to back with it. I always love the single shot guns and this is no different.

If anyone on ps3 wants to play feel free to add me, my psn is the same as on here

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I still can't get passed the damn boat intro on mission 2.

The fucking game keeps crashing for me. I tried another nvidia driver, switched to window mode etc. everything i could find on the interwebs i tried, still keeps crash/freezing.

Any more tipps GAF?

Kydd BlaZe

Lol the mp in this game is so fundamentally flawed and immaculately frustrating that I can't even enjoy the singleplayer. I don't think I've ever been this angry at a $60 purchase in my life. I literally cannot derive any enjoyment from this shit. It's downright stunning...

I don't want to keep derailing this thread with my negativity though. Kudos to those that have the mettle to fight through all of the annoying shit that this game throws at you.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Does anybody else here enjoy ALL the Call of Duties since CoD4? I know they're in the minority.

60-70% of the way through campaign, been doing all the optional missions. Really well done. I don't think anything beats the White House charge in MW2 though, I felt somethin' there lol

Does anybody else here enjoy ALL the Call of Duties since CoD4? I know they're in the minority.

60-70% of the way through campaign, been doing all the optional missions. Really well done. I don't think anything beats the White House charge in MW2 though, I felt somethin' there lol

I've enjoyed them all at the time. I wouldn't want to go back to the GRENADE HELL of CoD4 or all the nonsense in MW2 or even the tech issues in PS3 Black Ops 1, but I loved them all and played them right up until the next version came out.

Black Ops 2 is the first I'm really not enjoying. Though it's hard to get into with all the friggin' problems the PS3 version has. Maybe once they iron some of that crap out I'll actually be able to sit down and start to learn it. But if feels like with every step forward they've taken with this one, it's two more steps back.

njean777

Finally got to play more today and finally feel that I am getting better, didn't do horribly like I did the first night, it may have to do with me getting used to the maps more. Also the PDW is a good weapon for me so far. On ps3 BTW.

Top Bottom