• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Rainy Dog

Has this been confirmed to be a bug? We all know that the latest patch looks god awful but is it indeed a confirmed bug?

I'd say it has to be. The difference is massive, the IQ is just truly god awful with the patch and blur. Without the blur, the AA looks to be a solid implementation of MLAA. As good as could be expected given the dropping of MSAA and resolution the game runs at.

The only explaination for it being intentional is for framerate purposes, but I've had enough goes with bots on all maps without the patch installed to conclude that it's just as smooth as with the patch. If anything, it might be a little smoother without it I feel...

Madtown_

I'd say it has to be. The difference is massive, the IQ is just truly god awful with the patch and blur. Without the blur, the AA looks to be a solid implementation of MLAA. As good as could be expected given the dropping of MSAA and resolution the game runs at.

The only explaination for it being intentional is for framerate purposes, but I've had enough goes with bots on all maps without the patch installed to conclude that it's just as smooth as with the patch. If anything, it might be a little smoother without it I feel...

I hope so as well, but I don't think it's that black and white.
Patches are typically tested. You would have to think they did it for a reason, but hopefully not. We'll see.

Froze up about 3 more times tonight, hoping that patch gets here sooner rather than later. An 8th bricked ps3 will be too much. Other than that, still think the game is great compared to mw3 and BO

Jack_AG

Banned
Well im hoping 3arch goes back to the superior lag comp from MW1/2, fixes spawns and blurryness.

I spawned twice today in the middle of a lightning strike fml. I barely win a face to face even though i'm center mass and firing first - every killcam shows me barely getting out 1 bullet if ANY. I'm not the best player, sure, but when I fire first and dude isnt even facing me yet but I land every bullet and still get killed - something is terribly wrong.

Horrid.

Lol, strike force missions are absolute garbage. They need to fire whoever thought it was a good to add that. It should also be renamed 'monster closet madness' because that's pretty much all it is.

nbraun80

Honestly, I don't know if I can take this anymore. I have a good connection and the lag compensation is murdering me. Even with the jump on people I lose the fight, bad I feel like the killcam is more accurate of what's happening to me to the real game. Like when I knife I go right through people, and in the killcam it shows me knife behind them, so it's like they are always ahead of me. I don't know why it gives ahitty connections an advantage but this is soo frustrating. On 360 btw

knitoe

After 28 lvls, I just now realize how much BS hipfire with a laser attachment is. Finally, I know why I keep loosing at sudden close to medium encounters.

Honestly, I don't know if I can take this anymore. I have a good connection and the lag compensation is murdering me. Even with the jump on people I lose the fight, bad I feel like the killcam is more accurate of what's happening to me to the real game. Like when I knife I go right through people, and in the killcam it shows me knife behind them, so it's like they are always ahead of me. I don't know why it gives ahitty connections an advantage but this is soo frustrating. On 360 btw
It happens to me often too. And, I have a very good Internet connection. It seems Treyarch is still using their shitty Blops netcode.

They're definitely not going to make their DLC numbers without a pretty swift response to the low-latency-punishing-netcode. Once people hit 55 and the drip-feed of unlocks ends, they're are going to start jumping ship.

VertPin

Guys, I need help. I am picking up my WiiU reserve on midnight launch. I cannot decide whether to pick up Black ops II for WiiU or PC. Please help me :C

Rainy Dog

After 28 lvls, I just now realize how much BS hipfire with a laser attachment is. Finally, I know why I keep loosing at sudden close to medium encounters.

Yep, the hipfire accuracy in this is insane. Especially with laser attachment. You're not exgerrating by mentioning medium range either, you can literally kill from halfway across the map using SMG hipfire.

You know, analysing the proper weapons stats it looks like they've really thought about weapon balance and variety this time. But the hipfire accuracy, apparent increase of aim assist so that bullets just seem to stick to whoever you're firing at, coupled with complete lack of recoil on nearly all guns is just...too excessive really, even by COD standards.

Acinixys

The KSG shotgun or whatever... is it just me or is it the most frustrating gun to lose? Why the fuck can I ADS and hit a guy 40 feet away and kill him but I ADS and blast a guy 2 feet in front of me and it constantly misses? Is there a secret to using it? Hip fire seems completely worthless.

If you watch Xbawks gameplay, its
fucking
godlike because of aim assist. From the vid i watched it hits 90% of the time for a 1 hit kill at RETARDED ranges. Saw the guy kill a camping sniper across the map with a headshot. On PC its ass, and will just get you killed.

Seems like it. So far its the only map I really don't like.

You guys dont like Hijacked? Its SO easy to flank with the tunnel under the boat and get at least 5 kills before they realize you're there. Drop 2 shock charges or Betties in the cabin on their side and watch the show

Guys, I need help. I am picking up my WiiU reserve on midnight launch. I cannot decide whether to pick up Black ops II for WiiU or PC. Please help me :C

I'll be buying on Wii U. I wouldn't worry about the install base. The console will have at least 4 million sold by March (as good launches usually go).

CoD is a huge franchise, and it had a very loyal following on Wii (BO and MW3 both broke a million in sales despite "gimped" versions).

Ultimately it depends what you like more: comfy couch, kb+m, Wiimote aiming, dual analog, etc etc.

Victrix

*beard*
Is this you?

This player is beasting with the Assault Shield. He just got an enemy to shoot the C4 in mid-air for an assisted suicide. This is funny.

Yep - earned my stealth chopper with Shield + C4 :D Shock charges own.

Pretty good run tonight, CTF and Demo were fun.

iNvid02

sentry gun in free for all placed near the back, it just feels dirty sometimes
3AQmK.gif

Yep - earned my stealth chopper with Shield + C4 :D Shock charges own.

Pretty good run tonight, CTF and Demo were fun.

Fantastic job. Love how you coordinate teamwork too. Everyone seems to really be on the same page. I definitely have to crib some ideas for when playing with my bumbling friends.

Keep posting your streams, man.

Edit: And yeah, shock charges + Scavenger... :lol

snack

I find this game to be more balanced than MW3.

Scorestreaks are pretty cool. Makes people work the objectives instead of camping.

Are there any redeeming qualities to the Executioner? Such a disappointing gun, right now! The only good setup I can imagine for it is Dual Wield + Laser Sights, maybe?

Victrix

*beard*
Does Scavenger restock Stingers again? If so, I'm just gonna hang out in the back and shoot down UAVs until I get a VSAT all day when I finally get my copy.

Absolutely - I'm probably taking Scavenger over on my first prestige, it's just too powerful for so many modes.

Liberty4all

Banned
Thinking about grabbing this or halo tomorrow ... The last few pages in here haven't been too encouraging. Haven't played CoD since modern warfare 2 ... Burned out back then.

I'm gotta get flack for this, but the Russian campaign in Call of Duty 1 was my favorite. You see, the British one was all lone-wolf and I didn't like it. The american one was good, but the game deserved the critism. It basically was like that the developers had made the game so close to Allied Assault, just to pee in EAs mouth for screwing over 2015.

When COD2 rolled around I got angry because of jaded fanboys who just wanted to justify their 360 purchases. I'll say that the Africa missions did look good, but regen health have never looked so out of place as it did in that game.
COD3 rolls around, and I was bored.

I liked COD4s campaign. I did, but I also felt I played some hokey b-movie pro-america military thing. It felt so close in gameplay to the old game, but they opted for a realistic setting I was sick of.
I didnt play MW2, but it seemed pretty cool. I didn't play World at War.

But I loved Black Ops. Strangely enough, Vietnam is a setting I never get tired of. Unlike WW2 and modern day, Vietnam never got over saturated, and I enjoyed the set pieces. the crazy russian escape, the time travel aspects. It was pretty fun, albeit frustrating trial and error from time to time.

Modern Warfare 3, like BF3 campaign is complete dogpoop. god I hated these campaigns. So unbeliveable boring. Transformers 2 was a masterfilm compared to these two narrative michael bayish disasters.

Will I enjoy Black Ops II?

Search preferences won't matter much when you play with friends who are spread out across the country.
Lag comp simply needs to go, or to go back to CoD4's mp code. Dedicated servers would have been nice too (lol like that would ever happen for console players.)

Black Ops II multiplayer seems like a step forward, and a step back to me.
What I like: class creation, tons of unlockables, better bots, lots of cool scorestreak rewards & gear, more theater filespace
What makes me sad: No more flamethrower or molotovs, same infuriating lag compensation (feels just like MW3), wtf spawn deaths, seemingly more aim assist (borderline aimbot now), and the Fing return of sniper quickscoping (WHY?!?!)

Sigh.

aku:jiki

I'm gotta get flack for this, but the Russian campaign in Call of Duty 1 was my favorite. You see, the British one was all lone-wolf and I didn't like it. The american one was good, but the game deserved the critism.
Agreed, but then again, the russian campaigns in both CoD1 and WaW are basically just Enemy at the Gates: The Game, and you can't go wrong with that.

the Fing return of sniper quickscoping (WHY?!?!)
Because the only way to remove quickscoping would be to remove the entire sniper class, and that's no fun.

Top Bottom