• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

I guess it's about scratching that multiplayer itch? It can't be for the campaign, surely.

I enjoy CoD campaigns, but as a quick and enjoyable pleasure at reduced prices some time after they've been released.

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.

Everyone should try out using the Black Hat PDA. It took me a little while to figure it out, but you just point it a UAV or Helicopter and hold the Tactial Grenade button down. It takes a little longer then a Stinger to destory it, but you can then drop the stinger and use a pistol (which are actually good in this game). I've switched up all of my classes to use them now.

Or drop the secondary completly if you need another point.

So you can steal the UAV's?

Anyone able to use the AK-47 yet? Just looking for impressions since it's such a staple weapon of mine to use. Was fantastic in BO1. MW3 killed it and was such a let down (though the SCAR was the best).

I didn't know there is an AK, what lever do you unlock it?

Linkhero1

And the spawns usually are terrible at the beginning. Haven't had any problems with this games spawns yet though.

I got a few bad ones. Hell, I even spawned behind several enemies and took them all out. I know spawning is usually bad in all CoD games until they release a patch, but I don't recall it being this bad with BlOps 1.

FHIZ

Man, strike force missions are to CoD what those tower defense missions in AC: Revelations were to Assassin's Creed... and that is in a word, unnecessary.

Question, if I was about to lose one of these missions, could I just quit to the dashboard and not be penalized for a "token" or whatever?

aristotle

Man, strike force missions are to CoD what those tower defense missions in AC: Revelations were to Assassin's Creed... and that is in a word, unnecessary.

Question, if I was about to lose one of these missions, could I just quit to the dashboard and not be penalized for a "token" or whatever?

Yes. That's how I beat all of them ;)

Although to get an achievement/trophy you have to fail one of them. I don't know why.

Sojgat

The SMR is awesome. I love out shooting quickscoping snipers from the other side of the map. Hearing Quickscopers whine "that's bullshit" over chat is priceless. Seems like it takes 2 shots to kill at close quarters while hip firing as well. Very good AR.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I got a few bad ones. Hell, I even spawned behind several enemies and took them all out. I know spawning is usually bad in all CoD games until they release a patch, but I don't recall it being this bad with BlOps 1.

BLOPS had the worst spawns of them all at the beginning. You could literally sit there and watch people from alternating teams spawn in the same spot within seconds of each other over and over and over. It was just one person after another getting shot in the back.

Linkhero1

BLOPS had the worst spawns of them all at the beginning. You could literally sit there and watch people from alternating teams spawn in the same spot within seconds of each other. It was just one person after another getting shot in the back.

I don't remember it all too well. Didn't they patch it up pretty quick?

This is another annual comment on GAF just like "spawns are terrible omg it was never like this before" when it hasn't really changed much if any.

Anyone using FAL? How do you make it so beastly like in that video? I attached Select Fire onto it but the damage hasn't gone up tbh.

1) The spawns are a huge downgrade from MW3 spawns. Demolition in MW3 had the best spawns in CoD ever and i'd never get spawn killed. Now, in the treyarch games you can trap a team and keep watching them spawn over and over, especially if you have an AGR helping you too because there is no respawn armor, so i shoot them the second they spawn. That thing is like 15 kills every time and minimum 10.

2) It keeps a slow fire rate, but it kills in 2 bullets up close and 3 at any range, even with a silencer. It's also a 1 shot headshot. Most other guns are 3 or 4 bullets up close and a lot more at range, so this is the least amount of bullet kill. If you're accurate, it's pretty deadly. Definitely my favorite.

BadTaste

One game where I have a 3 bar connection and I receive this after -

eGtAH.jpg

RS4-

Lol, I call a warthog during demolition and what does the team do? Not arm the objectives at all while I'm trying to do it myself.

KyleN

Banned
Wow. Gotta love the Activision support. I just emailed them saying i didnt get a nuketown code and they gave me one. Didnt even have to show proof of purchase. :p

Makoto

Am i really playing on dedicated servers on the PC ? It sure doesn't feel like it :/
Anything below a 4 bar and I might as well be playing against people across the ocean. That's probably the case. My 3 bar matches are noticeably filled with delay. I shudder to think what a 2 bar match would look like.

Spayro

This campaign is pretty freaking gruesome!

Late game spoilers
On the carrier mission, they cut the science girl's throat then held her head back as she bled out.... holy shit! The camera didnt shy away or anything. Wasnt expecting that. Also the whole exchange with Hudson, Mason, Woods, Menendez at the end of Panama... that was pretty morbid too. They sure didn't pull any punches.

Hmm, in my game they
shot her in the head pretty damn late in the game
Makes me want to play the campaign again.

Linkhero1

Fuck people with 3 bars killing me before I get to unload on them. Such bullshit.

Well, there are encounters where it wasn't a fair fight between me and an opposing player. If I unload most of my clip on them and they take two-three shots and I'm dead then something is clearly wrong. When I watch the kill-cam, their view of how it went down is different from what I saw. Hopefully, my issue is fixed when I change my search preferences.

Gorillaz

Quick impressions of zombies (if anybody cares lol)

Tranzit is fun but has a weird flow due to the whole bus thing. Especially when it comes to turning on the power and how long it takes to do all of that. Thats really my only problem with it so far. The building table was smart, still trying to find all the combinations so far I made

zombie shield
turbine
turret
electric trap

All and all it's cool but with each stop basically being barebones (most likely they were going to be full maps at one point imo) it makes the whole thing feel deattached. Idk.

Also Holy shit is Grief (4v4) mode in zombies fun. THe first 5 rounds are dull as hell but when it starts picking up, and both teams are trying to distract each other so they die, shit gets intense. Wish they used bigger maps then Town and Farm tho.

Glad they stepped their game up for zombies this year. What do you guys think of it so far? havn't heard much bout zombie mode opinions in here

For people who are struggling online, try Demolition first and play a few rounds. I use it as a way to get better with my loadouts. Yes, I am that teammate who doesn't give a shit about planting the bomb, but what can I say? It really helps.

Playing like this increased my KD to 1.78

Sethos

Banned
I tend to get picked as host and get copious amounts of lag compensation.

2312101778.png

Luckily the "Best" connection preference has helped me out.

Playing like this increased my KD to 1.78

For people who are struggling online, try Demolition first and play a few rounds. I use it as a way to get better with my loadouts. Yes, I am that teammate who doesn't give a shit about planting the bomb, but what can I say? It really helps.

Demolition for me is the worst, LOL. I do horrible on it because I tend to go plant the bomb on Mercenary and get killed with no co-ordination whatsoever.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Late game spoilers.

Gemüsepizza;44406429 said:
I think you can save her, depending on the choices you have made earlier.

on my playthrough she got a headshot and just fell down

Hmm, in my game they
shot her in the head pretty damn late in the game
Makes me want to play the campaign again.

Thats crazy, in mine
Menedez's henchman cuts her throat pretty nastily on the aircraft carrier

This is pretty cool, since the campaign isnt too long makes me want to play it again and see what all changes.

aristotle

Demolition for me is the worst, LOL. I do horrible on it because I tend to go plant the bomb on Mercenary and get killed with no co-ordination whatsoever.

Like I said, do NOT play demo to try out classes. Go to league play. It doesn't affect any of your game stats either (except your league ranking).

The league ranking doesn't even take effect until Dec. 1 anyway.

Late game spoilers.

This is pretty cool, since the campaign isnt too long makes me want to play it again and see what all changes.

End game spoiler:
If you fail the strike force mission where you're supposed to rescue her and you use Farid to kill the US guy (not menedez), then she survives I believe.

Check out the forum on ps3trophies.org to get the full run down on how to do that. There's a full break down on how to get all of the endings in the trophy roadmap.

Linkhero1

In the previous CoD games, I used to be the one who planted the bomb and ended up with a -KD almost all the time. I realized that it's a lot easier for me to support my team by taking out the opposing players and assist someone in planting the bomb. My KD increased and my team tended to win a lot. The only time where I got -KD in Demolition was when my team as a whole was terrible :p

FStop7

Banned
So setting matchmaking to look for "Best" games really does fix most of the lag compensation problems. I had a bunch of great games last night and my deaths felt deserved rather than due to the game screwing me over.

How long is it taking people to hit level 55? I'm at 22 now and I feel like I'm progressing really fast, faster than previous CoD games.

Gorillaz

Boring. Yes, bit bold but I always hated the zombie mode in this game. It's repetitive, not fun to shoot the zombies, not much point and just ... boring.

I can see how people don't get into it...personally zombies was the reason I even payed attention to BO2 this year tbh.

Top Bottom