• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sethos

Banned
why wouldnt you just play the pc version? im not paying $90 for an adapter for a worse experience.

Because, personally, my experience with PC CoDs is hell on earth; cheaters, glitching, hacked lobbies and the list goes on. Plus all my friends are on 360.

And nobody asked you to buy it nor forced you.

Kyoufu

Using a mouse/keyboard on the console version is practically cheating. Ironic given your complaint about cheaters on PC.

Oxirane

Using a mouse/keyboard on the console version is practically cheating. Ironic given your complaint about cheaters on PC.

That's what I want to know, what is the community stance on using such a device for multiplayer?

Brings back memories of Shawn Elliot talking with the FASA dude about Shadowrun about what they had to do to balance KB/M vs controller.

Sethos

Banned
Microsoft has given it the green light, all I need to know. Butthurt players doesn't bother me too much.

Plus in HC modes it's definitely not a big advantage, not even close.

Fistwell

Sometimes it doesnt matter what the fuck I do, I ALWAYS get fucked up the a in the end. Spot dude camping, middle range, engage first, have better cover, short bursts AR, I get 4 or 5 hit markers before he fires back. He STILL fucks me up.
On kill cam I see it's with suppressed SMG and he barely got a scratch. ;_;

Might as well throw candies at them and wait they die from cavities.

Edit: man, right now it dont matter what I do, if I get the drop on the guy or not, I fucking ALWAYS die. Fuck this shit.

iNvid02

I can never seem to connect with my knife. I liked Modern Warfare 2's knifing the best

i bet you do lol

MW2_Favela_Extreme_Knife_Lunge.gif

I'm sorry, are you talking about KB/M in general (which I would agree with) or some kind of 3rd party KB/M on 360?
KB/M 3rd party peripheral. Which is almost a 1 to 1.
Speaking of which... is Xim3 as smooth as using a KB & Mouse on PC to play CoD?

I'm using Eagle Eye on PS3, but it's not as smooth, close though.

I did research on it before buying it before BO1 and Xim3 is really the best of the best kind of deal. It's pricey($150) but it really does what it says it does. It feels like you are just using a m/kb on a console. You essentially play CoD at the theoretical max of the controller in the aspect that you play at sensitivity 14(for BO2) with the benefit of extreme accuracy. I've read of other hardware solutions but Xim3 is a combination in the sense that you plug you m/kb into a device which is updated with translators that gives you a pretty close 1 to 1 condition. I read about the Eagle Eye and heard about problems so I went this way with it. No regrets. It's not bankable either as you literally only can do what is possible with a controller no more no less.

Treyarch finally introduced the dead zone sniping. Sniping used to be unnecessary hard with the wiimote, but now that the sniper scope behaves like the ADS it should be just perfect.

I really didn't think camping that was that bad in previous games that they needed to make SMGs so dominant in this game. I thought my last saving grace was going to be the SMR assault rifle but yet again the gun blows and has no where's near the power of the MK14 of previous game.

It's really frustrating. I refuse to run around with an SMG. It's not my style and never was. I'll just continue to find a spot where my SWAT is useful and camp there. This is actually making me camp more. With Type95/FAMAS I could move around a little and trust my reaction speed to get me a close kill. In this game that's impossible with the burst and single shot weapons that they give you.

This game is fun. But easily my least favorite COD to date.

Why all the SMG anxieties? The SMG seems seriously nerfed to me this time around. I can actually run away from an SMG this time without getting instantly plugged.

Sethos

Banned
Why all the SMG anxieties? The SMG seems seriously nerfed to me this time around. I can actually run away from an SMG this time without getting instantly plugged.

Because they aren't nerfed and are seriously powerful, plus with the smaller levels they are even more deadly. Sounds to me like you've been playing against bad players.

Sethos

Banned
I never did that shit. It just seems like even though I'm right where I should be to knife, it doesn't connect.

Because you need to body hug people for the knife to be effective, thank god. No more of that insta-win button BS. Plus it isn't a samurai sword killing in a 180* flower, now you need to actually see your target.

Because they aren't nerfed and are seriously powerful, plus with the smaller levels they are even more deadly. Sounds to me like you've been playing against bad players.

Hmmm. I just haven't been terrorized by them like in the past. Maybe I'm just getting better at avoidance maneuvers. I also notice that assault rifles are way better at close quarters combat now - but then again it could be the same and I'm just getting better.

Hmmm. I just haven't been terrorized by them like in the past. Maybe I'm just getting better at avoidance maneuvers. I also notice that assault rifles are way better at close quarters combat now - but then again it could be the same and I'm just getting better.

What game are you playing.

IISANDERII

God damn fucking Strike Force shit. The difficulty is not scaled? Idiotic.
And limited retry attempts.
With no way to lower the difficulty. Oh but during a regular mission you can lower the difficulty just by going in the start menu. What back asswards trash.
rant complete

Because you need to body hug people for the knife to be effective, thank god. No more of that insta-win button BS. Plus it isn't a samurai sword killing in a 180* flower, now you need to actually see your target.

I thought blops 1 did the knife well, I don't even try on blops 2 unless they're standing still sniping or something. If I'm in them and they move, miss.

I'm assuming you are playing on WiiU?

What do ya think?

No I just saw it on a Video posted in this thread. Sniping scopes now have ADS reach (think of normal ads behaviour) where they used to be centered on the screen. Now it's actually IR aiming instead of dragging. So most of the problems that existed with the Sniper scopes before (overshooting, unresponsiveness etc) should be gone now.

Treyarch really is on the frontline of Wiimote implementation and has allways been.
It's great to see them implement this feature as it improves on the IR control experience.
It also means that Scopes are now a legitimate option instead of having to rely on the Acog to get some decent use out of sniper rifles.

Sethos

Banned
I thought blops 1 did the knife well, I don't even try on blops 2 unless they're standing still sniping or something. If I'm in them and they move, miss.

I honestly can't remember the Blops 1 knife, I do however remember the WaW knife being good. Treyarch do know how to balance some things.

mxgt

Banned

Games are filled with people running around with an SMG w/ laser sight and hipfiring people to death from a mile away

Shit's dumb

Fantasmo

Not for me. :(

Is anyone on PC managing to level their launchers?
Same thing on 360, but if you look at the challenges they require aircraft or killstreak kills. I assume the rpg is straight kills since there's no lockon. I'm almost gold with my stinger. Just have to kill 6 more ai controlled streaks, or was it player controlled can't remember

Hesemonni

Banned
Playing the game currently on PC with all the bells and whistles on and saying that the engine is starting the show it's age is an understatement of the decade.

Berg

No I just saw it on a Video posted in this thread. Sniping scopes now have ADS reach (think of normal ads behaviour) where they used to be centered on the screen. Now it's actually IR aiming instead of dragging. So most of the problems that existed with the Sniper scopes before (overshooting, unresponsiveness etc) should be gone now.

Treyarch really is on the frontline of Wiimote implementation and has allways been.
It's great to see them implement this feature as it improves on the IR control experience.
It also means that Scopes are now a legitimate option instead of having to rely on the Acog to get some decent use out of sniper rifles.

Agree with the IR superiority, Tho i'm pretty sure it was High Voltage software who did the fully customizable IR (dead zone, sensitivity, ads reach) with Conduit.

Acinixys

Playing the game currently on PC with all the bells and whistles on and saying that the engine is starting the show it's age is an understatement of the decade.

As much as i agree, i feel that if they use a new engine it will take away the "CoD" feel of the game that players are use to.

So it looks like ghost will hide you by simply moving back and forth. Here's a pretty good breakdown on what does/doesn't work with ghost.

They didn't get nerfed, they got slight tweaks that didn't do shit.

So they wanted to discourage camping, fucked that up and instead discourage more legit usage of Ghost? Yup, sounds like a Vonderhaar Game™ all right.

Seems pretty clear to me they have eliminated the worst kind of camping, for the most part. Sitting in a corner hiding is going to be a lot less successful. Laying prone in a distant part of the map is going to be a lot less successful. That makes me happy.

Sethos

Banned
Seems pretty clear to me they have eliminated the worst kind of camping, for the most part. Sitting in a corner hiding is going to be a lot less successful, and that makes me happy.

Except there's more than one mode in this game, they aren't all ADHD rush fests or at least, they're not supposed to be.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The absolute best part (well, second best part) of pointer aiming on the Wii/WiiU Call of Dutys is how the gun slightly rotates in your hands based on the angle you hold the remote. Feels really, really good.

Sethos

Banned
and then there' hardcore.

Mostly what I was referring to :p Having to run around a 200mph in hardcore is frustrating beyond words because one stray shot and you're dead. S&D even worse, as then you have to wait. I can see the Ghost change being good for most modes but it has severely cramped other modes.

Just not enjoying S&D that much any more, neither are my friends. With all the sound nerfs, trying to remove sneakiness and tactical play plus the maps being so rush centric the mode just isn't magical anymore.

Is it just me or are the bouncing betties much faster to explode now? Also getting more use?

Also that crossbow has bailed me out numerous times versus window campers! Does it appear on radar when used? Seems to.

Top Bottom