• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Has anyone preordered digital steam games from Amazon before? I preordered the deluxe version from Amazon since I had $20 off. Am I not gonna get the steam key until release and be unable to preload ?

Amazon just charged my card a few minutes ago and I got my key. Preloading it now.

Oh wow, didn't know they were releasing keys today. Amazon just emailed me less than a minute ago saying the game is released and to log in for my key.

.nimrod

The pc version is kinda huge: scratch that, the actual downloads add up to about 14GB

Tx0ui.png

Nuketown also seems to be bound to the cd key:

xuQYq.png

If you pre-ordered the PC version through Amazon, they have keys available now. Just go to your game library and click the button under the game.

edit: look like I was a bit late. ha.

thanks baby. preloading now. EDIT: wait. i bought the Disc version just to get $20 off fml.

Gav47

The pc version is kinda huge: scratch that, the actual downloads add up to about 14GB

http://i.imgur.com/Tx0ui.png[IMG]

Nuketown also seems to be bound to the cd key:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xuQYq.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I wish Steam stopped this kind of stuff, I don't want separate executables for all three modes clustering up my Steam list.

Badgerst3

Will redbox 360 version include mp? Wanna try mp before full buy. Have not played a cod game since mw2.

Is the game even on 2 discs?

Hm, My digital deluxe version is preloading and downloading WAW but it doesn't say anything about nuketown even though Amazon said I'd get it...

I'm really curious to see the reception of this game.
The community seemed to be split about Black Ops, and even moreso over MW3.
I'm not buying in this time until I see people still happy with it a month later.

As if anyone anymore TRULY snipes. Its all running and gunning quick scoping.

yeah, most people who snipe are quick scoping.If you're not quickscoping, just stick close to your teammates and let them protect your flanks, or use their deaths to alert you to people near, and don't stay scoped in all of the time.

sephi22

This is going to be my first COD. Did I choose the right one to jump in?
Also, how long before I don't get absolutely destroyed in MP? I don't mean win matches, I mean not get shot by someone I can't even see. My friends have played all 5 of the previous CODs, this is my first one.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ps3 version is up for download... sigh, worst thing is there are already cheats, hope they ban the shit out of online cheaters.

zychi

Banned
if i have a retail copy can i play this online this weekend? or will it be lile halo 4 where theyre banning people?

Still no direct-feed capture footage of PS3 that isn't youtubed?

These next 3 days are going to be the longest ever. I just got my net upgraded to 50Mbps and I'm on vacation all of next week - bring on blops 2.

PC unlock schedule - http://community.callofduty.com/message/413497280#413497280

Retail:

Asia/Pacific
Nov 12 03:00am PST (Midnight 11/13 NZDT)

Europe / Russia / CIS / Africa
Nov 12 12:00pm PST (Midnight 11/13 MSK)

North America / South America
Nov 12 09:00pm PST (Midnight 11/13 EST)

Japan
Nov 21 07:00am PST (Midnight 11/22 JST)

Steam Store:

Asia/Pacific
Nov 12 05:00am PST (Midnight 11/13 EDT)

Europe / Russia / CIS / Africa
Nov 12 4:00pm PST (Midnight 11/13 GMT)

North America / South America
Nov 13 12:01am PST (Midnight 11/13 PST)

Steam Preloading begins:
Friday, Nov 9, 3:00pm PST (note: You must wait to unlock before you can play)

I have it pre-ordered but I have not been payting much attention to previews and such.

For someone like me who likes running around the map (no camping for me, ever) even if it means dying a lot, is there a good build in terms of perks and killstreaks?

legacyzero

Banned
THREE separate exe's.

Why the fuck would you do that?
I always wondered why they took out the ability to use your night vision goggles in multiplayer? COD4 is the only version that had it.

and it was next to useless in COD4. I practically only ever used it on Wetwork, the worst map in the game.

Protein

Banned
Anything crazy-different from the previous iterations? I'm on the fence about buying this and the last CoD game I played was MW2 campaign, and about a day of Black Ops MP.

Top Bottom