• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

These kills with the MMS sight attachment are such a chore, going to take forever to get that calling card.

enemy has to be sitting completely still, without cold blooded and within like 10 feet just to get a slight shimmer on the sight.

Tarps

Hmmm, broken challenge?

"Get 50 kills while aiming down sights with the iron sight"

0/50 kills after 100 levels. I'm normally rocking the iron sights what's up with that!?

what is everyone's opinion on the better automatic assault rifle? I've had success with the M27 but how does it compare to the M8-A1 or the AR-94?

HiiiLife

Is there a reason why they are just destroying my shit with that burst pistol AND the fully automatic one?

I swear I get the jump on them AND I'm using sub machine guns.

WTF bro.

what is everyone's opinion on the better automatic assault rifle? I've had success with the M27 but how does it compare to the M8-A1 or the AR-94?
Imo the AN-94 is the worst 'AK' in the series.
M8a1 is great, feels like a typical COD M16 but a little more powerful.
M8 with select fire is better than both of the M27 fire modes if it also has select fire.

Shadybiz

Am I just imagining things, or do they not allow a second attachment when using dual wield with the pistol? I unlocked Dual wield with the Tac-45 last night, and tried to use it with the laser sight attachment (using Secondary Gunfighter), and it wouldn't work. Same with FMJ.

It just seems odd that they wouldn't allow attachments that have nothing to do with aiming down sights on a dual wield setup.

Fantasmo

Everytime I quit out of a game "Migrating Hosts" appears. When I play Free for All I never think I'm good. Oh look I'm on the outer edge of the map, nice time to get two or three kills because I spawned in the right place. Yup, there's a guy, with his back to me, poor guy didn't have a chance. Can't even hear me coming since all the soldiers are wearing socks and slippers. Then I spawn across the map and I can't find anyone and I can't catch up.

Not a single one of these stats matter without dedicated servers. Was he there? Was I there? Was his reaction faster? Was mine? What's his ping? What's mine? Am I host? Is he host? I knew he was there but I didn't get the kill. Did he know I was there? Should he have gotten the kill? I want a series with a little chaos, a lot of variation, zero lag compensation, dedicated servers or the ability to use dedicated servers, and everything unlocked from the start.

Sometimes when I go .30 K/D in an objective game AND I never get much hold of a position, I save the day with a few well timed scorestreaks, or maybe an otherwise useless smoke grenade and SMAW blast to clean out a hardpoint or bomb site.

Hell, why do they even track stats in normal public matches? Do it in League Play. And why can't I copy my pub match classes to league play?

Why is there no 4 on 4? What happened to Team Tactical? Why do I need to play with 6 or 9 people in every game? These maps are too small for that. Multi-team is neat but it starts to feel like Free For All in a very short amount of time.

I was playing CS in 2000 with 16-32ms ping games. God, DAMN. In 2012 though, twelve friggin years later, I don't even know what it is. Ever. Instead I see an absolutely meaningless set of bars. But as much as I loved them, I'm not going back to CS or Unreal Tournament 2004, I got bored of those maps over a decade ago, and nearly a decade ago respectively. Instead I'm stuck with Call of Duty 9: Socks, Slippers, Submachine guns, and Subtracted Servers. Shameful.

snack

Don't feel bad. Three beers deep and the next round was about to start. No time to read, go go go!!

I hit Fresh Start without reading, and wiped all my crap. Stats, camos, everything. I'm back up to 34 now, thanks to double Xp, but I had a shit ton of camos unlocked. = (
Will Fresh Start be available every time I prestige?

I've been noticing this with my game (ps3) and Idk if its common or if its just my game but I I am getting random instances where in the menu ill click something...it loads...and I get a cut scene of a plane landing...then back to the menu again. I think this also happened in the game cut scene but not related to the actual cut scene storyline itself. Top that with the fact that I cannot even play MP cause it won't go on the server. So frustrating.

Jrmint

How are the higher level SMG attachments? I have the vector and mp7 at level 10 or so and wondering if it is worth maxing out? I really enjoy both guns but also want to try others.

Also have you guys used the KMG (or something like that) shotgun? It seems really inconsistent. I have blatantly missed people for point blank while aimed in. I don't get that at all.

Acinixys

Will Fresh Start be available every time I prestige?

Yes. Every Prestige you get-

Unlock an extra Custom Class, with a maximum of 5 extra
Completely reset stats to "truly start over"
Receive a "Refund" of all used regular tokens

How are the higher level SMG attachments? I have the vector and mp7 at level 10 or so and wondering if it is worth maxing out? I really enjoy both guns but also want to try others.

Also have you guys used the KMG (or something like that) shotgun? It seems really inconsistent. I have blatantly missed people for point blank while aimed in. I don't get that at all.

On my PDW i use FMJ/Laser/Foregrip. You dont really need anything else, except maybe a suppressor if thats your thing.

The KMG is VERY inconsistant for me too. Ill ADS and shoot a guy less that 2m away and it doesn't hit. 870 is the only real option if you want to use a shotty

aristotle

Yes. Every Prestige you get-

Unlock an extra Custom Class, with a maximum of 5 extra
Completely reset stats to "truly start over"
Receive a "Refund" of all used regular tokens

That's it....

I don't understand the refund thing. Like do you get all of the ones you used in that prestige + the ones you earn in the next prestige as well? I guess that's how you can unlock everything at the last prestige right?

Acinixys

That's it....

I don't understand the refund thing. Like do you get all of the ones you used in that prestige + the ones you earn in the next prestige as well? I guess that's how you can unlock everything at the last prestige right?

No. If you're level 25 and have used 10 tokens, you'll only have 15 available. Using the refund option will give you those 10 used ones back, resulting in you having 25 to spend again that Prestige. Its really dumb though.

By lvl 55 you know how you're gonna play and what you're going to unlock, so unless you're drunk i dont see how you can mess up so royally that you need a refund

.nimrod

No. If you're level 25 and have used 10 tokens, you'll only have 15 available. Using the refund option will give you those 10 used ones back, resulting in you having 25 to spend again that Prestige. Its really dumb though.

By lvl 55 you know how you're gonna play and what you're going to unlock, so unless you're drunk i dont see how you can mess up so royally that you need a refund

IIRC, it's there so you're able to complete all challenges in a single prestige including the ones that require specific unlocks.

Have they at least acknowledged that the lag and lag compensation is a serious issue?

They said that it's a matchmaking issue and that they're working on a fix.

fozzy

Just had an annoying glitch where the other team had a counter uav up and host migrated. cuav stayed up for the rest of the game and wasn't in the sky to shoot down.

Also it's always 4v6. No one ever joins our game to even the teams out. You'd think this shit wouldn't happen.

Acinixys

IIRC, it's there so you're able to complete all challenges in a single prestige including the ones that require specific unlocks.

Ah, there are people that do that? :/

Betties are way too OP at the moment. Their kill radius is ridicules. Ive run over them full speed and still get killed, even if ive gone round a corner.

But Ive found the best Scorestreak combo. UAV + Lightening Strike+ Hellstorm. Wait till you have all 3, use UAV - Strike - Hellstorm. I always get at least 6 kills that way

So Many Bullets

Neo Member
Ah, there are people that do that? :/

Betties are way too OP at the moment. Their kill radius is ridicules. Ive run over them full speed and still get killed, even if ive gone round a corner

If you hear a Betty jump up, hit the ground and you will live. Or take Flak jacket.

Betties are not OP.

Hacking equipment is amazing. The best is hacking a bouncing betty on someone who is camping an area and when getting into a gun fight, they run into their own trap. Love it.

Sethos

Banned
BF3 PC lets you turn that off with the "network smoothing" setting. Apparently, the alternative to lag compensation is horrifying stuttering animation.

No, the alternative to "lag compensation" ( I.e client-side hit detection ) is server side hit detection, which is far superior.

Hacking equipment is amazing. The best is hacking a bouncing betty on someone who is camping an area and when getting into a gun fight, they run into their own trap. Love it.

The only problem with that is it tells the player you did it, so you have to hope they weren't paying attention. The second I hear 'your equipment has been hacked' I know what's up.

I wonder if many people have serious issues with lag, weapons etc. or are just not very good.

I haven't experienced any of the most bitched about issues. Sure I get shot in the back but I also do the same on occasion. I use SMGs, ARs, knives just based off the map and all have their advantages.

Having fun so far.

Kyoufu

So uh...

Double XP is over.

But so is Nuketown 24/7 playlist. Should now be in the core rotation.

LOL whoever called that got it spot on.

I wonder if many people have serious issues with lag, weapons etc. or are just not very good.

I haven't experienced any of the most bitched about issues. Sure I get shot in the back but I also do the same on occasion. I use SMGs, ARs, knives just based off the map and all have their advantages.

Having fun so far.

No. This guy here is good and recognises it's a major issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm_dboy5yuc

Nabs

Noooo the Nuketown playlist was so good. Any official word on that?

edit:

David Vonderhaar ‏@DavidVonderhaar
Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.

So stupid.

I'm sure some people have legit concerns but I'm also thinking people are going a little overboard with the blame game. Once I got to know the maps, got familiar with the guns and played more it's been much better than when I jumped in. I've had small spurts of lag and interupted connections but nothing crazy.

Kyoufu

Ok according to Vonderhaar, Nuketown will be back for special events. Until then you can play it in custom games. So I guess it's not in the Core rotation.

edit: beaten.

I'm sure some people have legit concerns but I'm also thinking people are going a little overboard with the blame game. Once I got to know the maps, got familiar with the guns and played more it's been much better than when I jumped in. I've had small spurts of lag and interupted connections but nothing crazy.

Yeah I don't think you know what lag compensation is. We're not talking about interrupted connections.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Stealing care packages with the Black Hat is one of the best things ever. Not only do you instantly get the scoresteak, but it booby-traps the care package. And all you have be is in line of sight to see tha package in order to hack it.

Top Bottom