• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sethos

Banned
I'm sure some people have legit concerns but I'm also thinking people are going a little overboard with the blame game. Once I got to know the maps, got familiar with the guns and played more it's been much better than when I jumped in. I've had small spurts of lag and interupted connections but nothing crazy.

Oh okay, so the collective Call of Duty fanbase is having problems like never before, people have posted videos and even great players acknowledge the issue but you haven't noticed it and thus it can't be a problem?

The nuketown 24/7 is done?!

Hmm. Hmm. Hmm.

"We're always up"

HMM. HMM. HMM.

TREYARCH.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Yeah that was silly :p

"WE'RE ALWAYS OPEN!"

Now we're closed.

Nabs

Stealing care packages with the Black Hat is one of the best things ever. Not only do you instantly get the scoresteak, but it booby-traps the care package. And all you have be is in line of sight to see tha package in order to hack it.

Oooh. I'm going Engie tonight.

I've been having so much fun with the Fal. It's amazing.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I wonder if many people have serious issues with lag, weapons etc. or are just not very good.

I haven't experienced any of the most bitched about issues. Sure I get shot in the back but I also do the same on occasion. I use SMGs, ARs, knives just based off the map and all have their advantages.

Having fun so far.

What advantage do the AR's have again? Because my ability to hit people at range actually improves ALOT when I switch to a SMG.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
No, the alternative to "lag compensation" ( I.e client-side hit detection ) is server side hit detection, which is far superior.
Ok, that setting controls the animation interpolation. Lag compensation is what allows the game to be playable with interpolation, otherwise hit boxes wouldn't match up to what the player sees. It's a mix of client/server side hit detection.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com...ocol_Design_and_Optimization#Lag_Compensation

Lag compensation wouldn't be necessary with pure client side hit detection, but the side effects would mostly be the same (i.e. being hit after making it to cover).

aristotle

From David Vanderhaar:

Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don't kill the messenger. +

Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.

WTF? So Nuketown isn't in the rotation at all and there's no playlist? Who thought this was a good idea??

EDIT: beaten severely. :(

HiiiLife

It's a good thing I can play Nuketown in Custom Games.. You know.. That playlist where 0 of my friends play cause we're all too busy playing in matchmaking.

Hmmmmmmmm. So FUN Treyarch.

Mully

Zombies is actually a lot of fun. Played Tranzit for the first time last night and had a blast making parts and using the new guns.

I'll probably play it around 11PM EST tonight if anyone's down.

GT: MullyGK1

Jack_AG

Banned
I wonder if many people have serious issues with lag, weapons etc. or are just not very good.

I haven't experienced any of the most bitched about issues. Sure I get shot in the back but I also do the same on occasion. I use SMGs, ARs, knives just based off the map and all have their advantages.

Having fun so far.
You're right. Dumping almost a full clip into an enemy before he kills me with one bullet while the killcam shows him take 3-4 bullets to kill me while i'm not even shooting. That's totally player error.

I must be imagining i'm firing on him since the killcam doesn't show me doing anything but standing around like a dumbass.

Makoto

Getting the Warthog as the final killcam is so satisfying. Just seeing it unleash absolute fury from the third-person perspective of it is unreal. And dat sound design.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
But you can't play it at all and gain XP? What's the point of it then?

I don't want to play it. I mean sure I could not just install it. But then my friends would whine about it. This way I don't have to play it and Treyarch gets all the blame.

Its a very selfish way of looking at things I know but I am an extremely selfish person.

EDIT: But getting rid of the 24/7 list is dumb. That had no affect on me and still let people play the map publicly. I'm just glad they aren't putting the map in other lists.

Fantasmo

Nuketown 24/7 is gone? That's the only fun map! What the FUCK are they thinking? I want to shoot things, why the fuck won't they let me shoot things now? It's the only map where the atrocious decisions and spawn system don't mean anything.

I PAID MONEY FOR THIS PLAYLIST. FUCK YOU TREYARCH. Put it BACK, NOW! GOD #@*(&@(#& DAMNIT.

Sethos

Banned
Getting the Warthog as the final killcam is so satisfying. Just seeing it unleash absolute fury from the third-person perspective of it is unreal. And dat sound design.

The A-10 is awesome but the sound is awful, sounds nothing like an A-10 strafe.

Shady859

No more Nuketown 24/7??? Oh nose, I really like that map until free for all comes up in the rotation then it's a fight for a back corner spot.

Level 39 1st prestige I honestly don't remember being this high so early but I have been laid off from work and had more time to play, thanks hurricane Sandy for unemployment checks.

In other news I hate those ARJ robots they take two AA missiles to destroy, that's all I need for gold camo on it!!!! Lol

Kyoufu

Level 39 1st prestige I honestly don't remember being this high so early but I have been laid off from work and had more time to play, thanks hurricane Sandy for unemployment checks

Double XP man. I'm halfway to 3rd prestige. Going to miss leveling every other match. lol

Makoto

The A-10 is awesome but the sound is awful, sounds nothing like an A-10 strafe.
I personally don't care whether or not is sounds like the A-10. It's loud and haunting enough to signal to the opposing team that they need to find a building to run into.

Which I guess is it's one true weakness. I called in 2 of them on Express but all of the opposing team was inside the station so it only took out two people. Meanwhile, my Stealth Chopper took out just as much in a shorter amount of time, felt bad man.

nOoblet16

You're right. Dumping almost a full clip into an enemy before he kills me with one bullet while the killcam shows him take 3-4 bullets to kill me while i'm not even shooting. That's totally player error.

I must be imagining i'm firing on him since the killcam doesn't show me doing anything but standing around like a dumbass.

Well I guess you did stand around idle before you started shooting him then ?

I am surprised at the amount of people who don't realize that even if you have 4 bars you still have some latency to the server, whatever you do (or see) on your side won't happen (or is happening) instantly just because you have 4 bars. Don't you realize that the other guy shooting at you did properly aim at you and put in bullets at you, so why should he not get the kill ? Just because he has a higher latency than yours ? Keep in mind that because of this even his movements will be delayed on your screen with respect to what he did on his screen. Yes there IS lag compensation but half of the complains here might not even be related to it. I said this earlier too, if they remove lag compensation then none of you would be able to properly play the game as you'd have to lead ALL your shots instead of trying to hit the player's character.

The issue here is actually with matchmaking pitting people against players from other geographical location so there's a general lag in gameplay.

Sethos

Banned
I personally don't care whether or not is sounds like the A-10. It's loud and haunting enough to signal to the opposing team that they need to find a building to run into.

Which I guess is it's one true weakness. I called in 2 of them on Express but all of the opposing team was inside the station so it only took out two people. Meanwhile, my Stealth Chopper took out just as much in a shorter amount of time, felt bad man.

That's the problem, a real A-10 sounds loud and haunting with it's godly fart. This just sounds like a dog farting down a hallway and is more comical than scary. They messed it up.

rbanke

SMH at this Nuketown change. It makes no sense to me to have a map that there is no way to play but using custom games.

madmackem

This game man, i know what this room needs made up with people from england and europe a fucking american host. Two players out of a full room made up of ukers and europeans come in from the usa get host all but those are on three bars bouncing to two and it doesnt swap host for four games so we all had to leave. Sick of games and the hosting bias towards americans.

This game man, i know what this room needs made up with people from england and europe a fucking american host. Two players out of a full room made up of ukers and europeans come in from the usa get host all but those are on three bars bouncing to two and it doesnt swap host for four games so we all had to leave. Sick of games and the hosting bias towards americans.

So I take it you are angry at the lag like everyone else?

My girlfriend has been playing Nuketown exclusively all week.

How fucking stupid. It was the perfect map for her, she was starting to get 2:1 ratios...

What harm does it do having it there? Urgh.

Oh so there is one gun on one map that out ranges the SMG's. I guess everything is alright then.

I beg to differ even there. PK57 + target finder + suppressor got me a 30-6 yesterday. Fact is I can shot snipers across the map with my smg and it's just a matter of who hits who first. Gotta nerf the range 33% in my opinion.

Also that shotgun pistol is fucking awesome.

My girlfriend has been playing Nuketown exclusively all week.

How fucking stupid. It was the perfect map for her, she was starting to get 2:1 ratios...

What harm does it do having it there? Urgh.

My guess is they didn't want to split the community between the haves and have-nots after less than a week of the game coming out. But the natural argument against that is to have just made it a regular map on the disc.

Shadybiz

Hopefully enough people bitch about this that they put it back up. I am sure it will be a very unpopular decision once everyone notices.

My guess is they didn't want to split the community between the haves and have-nots after less than a week of the game coming out. But the natural argument against that is to have just made it a regular map on the disc.

Splitting the community of MILLIONS. I know it's a popular map, but c'mon, it's not that popular.

If CS can survive with Dust2 so can Black Ops 2 with a Nuketown playlist.

Just as I was warming up to Treyarch they pull this bullshit...

Top Bottom