• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

kyo27

Are they really punishing dashboarders? Feels like every single game there is at least one person who quits right after the final kill.

Are they really punishing dashboarders? Feels like every single game there is at least one person who quits right after the final kill.

We had an entire clan [P00P] rage quit on us twice in thirty minutes last night. Entire team..fyi that makes it a fucking draw in multi team.

madmackem

So I take it you are angry at the lag like everyone else?

Too right, where is the logic in giving the host to someone from the usa when the room is made up of people from europe. So that means all but two people got a shitty experince while those two ran about like fucking gods.

Sethos

Banned
Too right, where is the logic in giving the host to someone from the usa when the room is made up of people from europe. So that means all but two people got a shitty experince while those two ran about like fucking gods.

Except, being host isn't a plus any more ... Having the shitty connection is.

This game took me about 8 hours to figure out what I like. Now I am getting beast with my custom loadouts. Silencers are pointless unless you have ghost unlocked in my personal opinion.

kdash7

Finished Black ops 2 campaign..man it was a BOREFEST!!! Black ops 1's campaign was 100 times better! Gosh..i almost fell asleep playing through it...

Fantasmo

Hopefully enough people bitch about this that they put it back up. I am sure it will be a very unpopular decision once everyone notices.

This needs to get reversed. I hate the other maps. I get dropped before I shoot my gun or right after my first kill. The rest of the multiplayer is garbage. But in Nuketown all the shortcomings are unimportant because everyone's having a chaotic blast. Start it up and start shooting. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I really think the lag depends on where you're physically located. A lot of my buddies have fiber nets here in Ohio and none have issues. However A couple of buddies in NYC with comparable speeds can barely play.

Just Tweeted them for any good it will do.

The fact it's not going in to the rotation is the real kicker. The only way to play it is the worst way to play the game.

kyo27

This game took me about 8 hours to figure out what I like. Now I am getting beast with my custom loadouts. Silencers are pointless unless you have ghost unlocked in my personal opinion.

Not really. Even though UAVs are prevalent, silencers still help a lot when UAVs are not up.

Jack_AG

Banned
Well I guess you did stand around idle before you started shooting him then ?

I am surprised at the amount of people who don't realize that even if you have 4 bars you still have some latency to the server, whatever you do (or see) on your side won't happen (or is happening) instantly just because you have 4 bars. Don't you realize that the other guy shooting at you did properly aim at you and put in bullets at you, so why should he not get the kill ? Just because he has a higher latency than yours ? Keep in mind that because of this even his movements will be delayed on your screen with respect to what he did on his screen. Yes there IS lag compensation but half of the complains here might not even be related to it. I said this earlier too, if they remove lag compensation then none of you would be able to properly play the game as you'd have to lead ALL your shots instead of trying to hit the player's character.

The issue here is actually with matchmaking pitting people against players from other geographical location so there's a general lag in gameplay.
Considering this is the only game I have issues with, considering this is the only shooter I have a negative k/d in, considering this is the only game where I never know when i'm being shot because I just flat-out die, considering I have an excellent connection and this is the only game where I am penalized for it - yes - lag comp is insane.

There's nothing else. I've climbed on people from behind and it has taken me almost a full clip at point blank in the back to kill someone. Literally, point blank because they were crouched watching a hallway.

I understand that games will always have latency. But i'm damn near a full fucking second behind literally and this is the only game where I have this issue.

You are right. It is just me sucking and everyone else through suffers this must suck, too.

snack

David Vonderhaar ‏@DavidVonderhaar

Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.

wVPpg.png

Edit: Beatin'

HiiiLife

I maintained a positive KD and WL ratio from CoD4 to MW3 with ease. And played each one from launch date until the next installment released.

I'm getting fucked in this one. Seriously. Some voodoo shit is going on with the connection.

aku:jiki

Vonderhaar doesn't give a fuck what maps we like to play. He pulled like half the damn maps from the Demolition playlist in BO1 for no reason and with no announcement.

But since he's blaming higher-ups, it seems, I would assume that it's because it's going to be in map pack 1.

cameltoe

I maintained a positive KD and WL ratio from CoD4 to MW3 with ease. And played each one from launch date until the next installment released.

I'm getting fucked in this one. Seriously. Some voodoo shit is going on with the connection.

I agree....My bullets just do not register.

...may just go back to MW3...sigh

Kyoufu

Vonderhaar doesn't give a fuck what maps we like to play. He pulled like half the damn maps from the Demolition playlist in BO1 for no reason and with no announcement.

But since he's blaming higher-ups, it seems, I would assume that it's because it's going to be in map pack 1.

So pre-order DLC pulled to be put in upcoming DLC?

We've reached a new low.

Sethos

Banned
Im not so sure about that, when i have three bars which i should never have given my connection it feels like shit.

Then you're having the exact opposite experience than most other people, because host advantage died in MW3. Having host a severe disadvantage now, which I can attest to.

HiiiLife

What the FUCK. My copy says: "includes pre-order bonus Nuketown MP map." Special events what the shit is that? I don't even like the map, but this is complete fucking rubbish, what is fucking wrong with these people?

Play it in custom games? Fuck off!

You mean you don't want to play in custom games while the rest of the world is in matchmaking?

Lol.

harrytang

cannot find competitions for clans in elite for Blops 2. Am I missing something or do I have to wait for the official blops 2 season to begin? I didnt get the map pack season pass this time but elite free for everyone including clan competitions right?

Fistwell

You mean you don't want to play in custom games while the rest of the world is in matchmaking?

Lol.
How is that even legal? It's false fucking advertisement is what it is. The balls on these guys. How are they getting away with this shit?? I'm flabber-fucking-gasted. Is there a shitstorm on twitter yet? Where's my shitstorm? I want a FUCKING SHITSTORM!!!?!

aku:jiki

cannot find competitions for clans in elite for Blops 2. Am I missing something or do I have to wait for the official blops 2 season to begin? I didnt get the map pack season pass this time but elite free for everyone including clan competitions right?
What, you're expecting a billion dollar franchise to learn from past mistakes and get their shit right next time? It'll probably take months to get started just like last year, and we probably won't be seeing any clan competitions suitable for european play (as they're all scheduled for like 3AM our time) either. Elite is a failed piece of shit.

How is that even legal? It's false fucking advertisement is what it is. The balls on these guys. How are they getting away with this shit?? I'm flabber-fucking-gasted. Is there a shitstorm on twitter yet? Where's my shitstorm? I want a FUCKING SHITSTORM!!!?!
Sadly, they probably have the law on their side since you can technically play it in private matches.

Fistwell

Sadly, they probably have the law on their side since you can technically play it in private matches.
I understood that it included the map as a multiplayer map... like... to play online and shit. In fact, I did not "understand" it, it was so blatantly obvious it didn't require a conscious effort to understand anything. It was a given. I can't be the only one to feel that way.

Didn't the publisher get sued (and lost) way back when when they presented CG as .. possibly being in game (COD2 was it? 3?)? This here is all sorts of worse than that was. Not saying anything will actually happen... but FUCK, what a shit move to pull. Way to rile up your customers. As if we couldn't switch over to random online shooter XXXYZY tomorrow (BF3, MoH, H4)? Fuck those guys.

Edit: actually, I think I might bring it back to the store. This shit here doesn't have the map it says it has on the box, I don't want it.

harrytang

What, you're expecting a billion dollar franchise to learn from past mistakes and get their shit right next time? It'll probably take months to get started just like last year, and we probably won't be seeing any clan competitions suitable for european play (as they're all scheduled for like 3AM our time) either. Elite is a failed piece of shit.

so sad. paid an entirely different company to build and manage that shit. i do use the elite app on the iphone though. feel like im using smart glass! seriously cool to check progress while waiting through all the host disconnects and system migration screens.

Top Bottom