• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Jack_AG

Banned
As another poster said - Treyarch is a shitstain of a dev. The actively don't give a fuck about anything. Never buying or even playing another game from 3arch. I don't give a shit if they make a game where you play as Jesus Christ with a laser gun riding a fucking dinosaur and its "AAAAAA" - Treyarch lost another customer. Sadly, they have casuals that will gobble their shit up.

Jesus fucking Christ. If I pulled any of the shit they did with the game i'm making i'd be crucified as an indie. Fuck these asshats.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
^ you can say the same about BOTH CoD devs.
Imo Infinity Ward is worse.

FStop7

Banned
Getting the Warthog as the final killcam is so satisfying. Just seeing it unleash absolute fury from the third-person perspective of it is unreal. And dat sound design.

They got the Warthog gun sound right, too. Sounds like a fucking demon roaring overhead. It's funny because DICE totally dropped the ball on that in BF3.

Damn I miss Hans Zimmer :( MW2 still has the best music, especially the victory themes. Trent Reznor's main theme is great; shame he didn't do the entire score.

G_Berry

Banned
Got the dogs score streak last night finally. Been playing since launch and it was the first time I'd seen them.

Play kill confirmed. Easy way to get score streak up!!

Kyoufu

Got the dogs score streak last night finally. Been playing since launch and it was the first time I'd seen them.

Play kill confirmed. Easy way to get score streak up!!

No such thing as "easy" when all it takes is one laggy douchebag to kill you even though you got the first shots on him. :(

Makoto

They got the Warthog gun sound right, too. Sounds like a fucking demon roaring overhead. It's funny because DICE totally dropped the ball on that in BF3.
Yeah, that was odd. The A-10 gun in BF3 sounds just like the rest of the jets if I'm not mistaken.
Are people finding ghost more effective than blind eye? Or should I use perk one greed to have both?
If you're going to use Ghost, Blind Eye shouldn't be a necessity because Ghost should allow you to maneuver your opponents and deny them the higher streak rewards.

If anything, your use of Blind Eye depends on how confident you are in yourself and your team to take out the opposition before they accumulate the higher streak rewards.

DRE Fei

Man, getting gold camo on the R870 is such a pain. Some matches I'm one-shotting people from decent range and the next match I'm getting point blank hit markers. Hopefully they'll fix the matchmaking soon.

I've always preferred Infinity Ward's version of the engine, but I like Treyarch's attitude towards the game. In a perfect world, they would just merge the two and release a new game every 4 years or something.

Kikarian

I'm exclusively going to play zombies now. I feel the multiplayer maps are much too annoying.

So small, I don't understand why they can't do large maps.

I'm exclusively going to play zombies now. I feel the multiplayer maps are much too annoying.

I'm a fan of Groundwar but the maps on these last two versions of COD are too small. WTF are they doing with my large maps?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm a fan of Groundwar but the maps on these last two versions of COD are too small. WTF are they doing with my large maps?

There seems to be a bunch of maps left out of groundwar too for some reason, Raid is a tiny map and at the same time one of the most annoying, yet bigger, even if slightly, maps like Cargo and Slums just aren't in the rotation for some unknown reason.

SJRB

Gold Member
Engineer is vital. I'll gladly drop my secondary grenades tro have Engineer with Perk Greed.

Yeah I came to the same conclusion just now, glad I unlocked it in my latest round.

Anyway, I like this game. Most of the maps flow nice. I think the key to a succesful match is to understanding the logic behind the spawning algorythms, knowing where the enemy team generally spawns yields great success for me personally.

Still getting shot in the back more often than I'd like though, especially on the yacht map. I only play about an hour a day, I suppose the small portions keep things interesting without the game's flaws becoming overly frustrating.

Xux

BO2 has amazing music too!
I love the Campaign Menu music. <3
And if Vonderhaar doesn't have control over the playlists who does?
Probably the Online Director Dan Bunting or Game Director Dave Anthony.

Popularity mostly. People just didn't like Seelow, Derail, and Array so they avoid that size.

FStop7

Banned
There seems to be a bunch of maps left out of groundwar too for some reason, Raid is a tiny map and at the same time one of the most annoying, yet bigger, even if slightly, maps like Cargo and Slums just aren't in the rotation for some unknown reason.

Drone is unbalanced for Domination in groundwar. It is much, much easier to control B from one side of the map vs. the other. The team that ends up on the "good" side after halftime is almost guaranteed to win the match because they can control B long enough to overcome the score deficit from the first half.

fozzy

I moaned earlier about always playing 4v6 with no other players ever joining to even the teams.

Just experienced a 7v4 game on hijacked... Just on normal Dom. Not groundwar.

I don't ask for much. My poor blood pressure.

FHIZ

Wow, there's no defending it in anyway, the Nuketown fiasco is a shitty move on Treyarch/Activision's part. That's a new low.

Kotaku is reporting about the pulling of Nuketown:

http://kotaku.com/5961943/activisio...map-from-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-multiplayer

Kotaku has reached out to Activision for comments and will update this post if they respond.

My guess is that we see it back as a playlist option before the end of the week. Too many people upset about this.

Also, has anyone else seen the "exclusive" Nuketown 2025 merchandise Wal-Mart is selling? T-shirts and hats and shit. Clearly Activision/Treyarch wanted to hype the inclusion of Nuketown in the game, they just didn't want anyone to play it for long.

What the fuck, I just started playing again on Nuketown (I had lost like 20 games in a row on that map, but yesterday I finally started winning again) and now they remove it?

Good thing I didn't pre-order.

Xux

Maybe the Nuketown thing is the Matchmaking fix they were talking about; the other playlists having those 50 thousand people on PS3 could help with the lag, lol.

FStop7

Banned

http://kotaku.com/5961943/activisio...map-from-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-multiplayer

My guess is that we see it back as a playlist option before the end of the week. Too many people upset about this.

Also, has anyone else seen the "exclusive" Nuketown 2025 merchandise Wal-Mart is selling? T-shirts and hats and shit. Clearly Activision/Treyarch wanted to hype the inclusion of Nuketown in the game, they just didn't want anyone to play it for long.

Someone had the bright idea of making Nuketown the McRib of video games.

Mayyhem

You had to pre-order to get Nuke-town?

I just walked into Gamestop yesterday and picked one of the 100 copies off the shelf which all had "Nuke-town blah blah" on the back and downloaded it. No preorder.

You had to pre-order to get Nuke-town?

I just walked into Gamestop yesterday and picked one of the 100 copies off the shelf which all had "Nuke-town blah blah" on the back and downloaded it. No preorder.

Technically, no, you didn't have to preorder. The voucher was in first run copies. But plenty of people bought day 1 and didn't get the voucher, so the first run wasn't as extensive as, say, EA's various "Limited" Edition first run copies.

Didn't think it was possible after MW3 but the guys at Treyarch just moved themselves down back to B team status again after this latest stunt. Thought they were supposed to be the ones who cared what the community wanted?

Jack_AG

Banned

Are any non-bullshit websites talking about the shit netcode?

anyone playing multiplayer online?
Oh yeah, definitely. Around 451 people online right now. (I know, not nearly as much as the 360 and PS3)

I'm using the Gamepad at the moment, only played a couple games. Alittle hard to get use to, but it'll change with the more I play. Want to pick up a Wiimote and pro controller

I'm use to keyboard and mouse so it took me awhile as well d:
And actually I'm using a mix. Pro Controller and gamepad. Gamepad for my Killstreaks and radar.

Mikey Jr.

That is so fucking stupid. I didn't even get a chance to play it yet. If I had known it was going away, I would have played it.

eek5

Okay, that was really funny, some dude dolphin dived off of the ship when I was about to kill him.

I was playing S&D and was shooting at the last guy on the edge of the ship and he jumped off instead. The final kill cam was from third person of him just running along the edge and then committing suicide lol

alterno69

Banned
I was playing S&D and was shooting at the last guy on the edge of the ship and he jumped off instead. The final kill cam was from third person of him just running along the edge and then committing suicide lol
That sounds badass, fuck your kill i'm killin myself lol

Kyoufu

I would have added him to friends list for that.

Top Bottom