• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Calibur

First Batch of all games will have nuketown dlc code inside the box.

Sweet good to know this, but damn good buy to the good old days, where you use to get story, control setup, and game art in your booklet manual! :(

and it was next to useless in COD4. I practically only ever used it on Wetwork, the worst map in the game.

Yeah but it was cool to have.

[QUOTE="Calibur] Sweet good to know this, but damn good buy to the good old days, where you use to get story, control setup, and game art in your booklet manual! :([/QUOTE] Some games still do this don't they?

plank

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but, will this game be compatible with the Wii remote plus?

VariantX

THREE separate exe's.

Why the fuck would you do that?

and it was next to useless in COD4. I practically only ever used it on Wetwork, the worst map in the game.

Yeah, im gonna have to see what the explanation is for not just having one file. It just makes a painless process a bit more tedious than it should be.

I have it pre-ordered but I have not been payting much attention to previews and such.

For someone like me who likes running around the map (no camping for me, ever) even if it means dying a lot, is there a good build in terms of perks and killstreaks?

Quotinf for new page.

Come on people, if we play together I shall be the bait to pinpoint enemy campers. :p

Every build? It's CoD.

Just one: "For someone like me who likes running around the map (no camping for me, ever)"

I always suck at CoD, partly because I dont play it so much to get really good and partly cause I just run around like an idiot.

Im calling for help so I can apply some method to my madness lol

Quotinf for new page.

Come on people, if we play together I shall be the bait to pinpoint enemy campers. :p
this game executes builds and killstreaks differently than other COD games. Especially builds. They can differ wildly now with extreme amount of possibilities. Would be impossible for someone to tell you a good one at this point.

Just one: "For someone like me who likes running around the map (no camping for me, ever)"

I always suck at CoD, partly because I dont play it so much tro get really good and partly cause I just run around like an idiot.

Im calling for help so I can apply some method to my madness lol

Just play vs bots.

this game executes builds and killstreaks differently than other COD games. Especially builds. They can differ wildly now with extreme amount of possibilities. Would be impossible for someone to tell you a good one at this point.

Ah ok. Is there like a wiki site with all the lists of perks, killstreaks, weapons etc?

The OP lists it, but Im looking for like gamer analysis and stuff.

There used to be a site I looked for MW2 but I forgot the name :p

Great OP, I think it's the first one I've read from top to bottom. Just clearly laid out and succinct. So any more info on this Tranzit zombie mode? you're "dropped into a huge world and allowed to run around free"... deets?

So i called it...Demolition was broken as fuck spawn wise playing locally against bots.

I just played one match online and it's just as broken. Treyarch is ruining such a good game mode.

MW3 Demolition spawns were the best out of any gamemode </3

aristotle

I'm watching a live stream. I'm really happy seeing the team that's trying to play objective games like TDM are literally getting destroyed by the teams playing the objective. Already BO2 is better.

^Edit: That's the one I'm watching. he's getting destroyed because he's not playing the objective. It's awesome! Too bad we can't watch a good player.

legacyzero

Banned
Only watched for a few seconds but man - is there an option to adjust HUD location in relation to screen edge like MW2?

I use 1:1 on my TV and it just irks me when HUD elements are 56 feet inside of a screen edge on a 42" TV.
I'm pretty sure I saw some footage where that's LITERALLY the first thing you do before anything else. At least that's what I thought it was.

Ghost is a lvl 55 unlock.

EDIT: Xux beat me :/ I hope perks,lethal and tactical grenades can be unlocked when you prestige as well as guns (like it is in MW3)

Nome

Got some impressions for you guys. Can't post any Blops2 footage till Tuesday tho.

Hands On Black Ops 2 Multiplayer - Killstreaks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duZtC4CWijo

I started watching that and got super excited about Blops 2 having nice wide-open maps. Then I realized it was Blops 1 footage, and got extremely sad.

THREE separate exe's.

Why the fuck would you do that?

I think it's an old Quake engine thing. I seem to remember older games like Star Trek Elite Force having multiple executables too.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Game just got on my radar, probably has been answered a million times before but what freedom do we have in the multiplayer?

Can we create our own server like old school cod games or is it all match making with some random maps like they ve been trying to shove down our throats? Oh yeah talking about pc not consoles.

Edit^: OP says dedicated server, are we talking Call of duty 4 dedicated server like in the good ole days?

This will probably make or break it for me...

Thanks

I'm sure there'll be plenty of people using a Prestige Token on it but this will help a bit.

I'm definitely using a token on it. Gameplay is so different now without ghost. UAV is very powerful right now.

In general though I'll be unlocking the high lvl locks with my tokens because how will i ever use the gun if i only have it for the last 5 lvls of every prestige? You get the point.

No need to waste a token on a lvl 20 unlock when i can get that 2hrs into a prestige lol.

Game just got on my radar, probably has been answered a million times before but what freedom do we have in the multiplayer?

Can we create our own server like old school cod games or is it all match making with some random maps like they ve been trying to shove down our throats? Oh yeah talking about pc not consoles.

This will probably make or break it for me...

Thanks
PC has dedicated servers but treyarch is in charge of them all AFAIK.

Xux

I'm definitely using a token on it. Gameplay is so different now without ghost. UAV is very powerful right now.

In general though I'll be unlocking the high lvl locks with my tokens because how will i ever use the gun if i only have it for the last 5 lvls of every prestige? You get the point.

No need to waste a token on a lvl 20 unlock when i can get that 2hrs into a prestige lol.
Yeah, I can definitely see myself using it on Tac Insert as it's last on the list this time and I'd rather not hurt my team by not using something so stupidly gamebreaking 'cause I'm not high enough level, lol.

Yeah, I can definitely see myself using it on Tac Insert as it's last on the list this time and I'd rather not hurt my team by not using something so stupidly gamebreaking 'cause I'm not high enough level, lol.

Haha Tac Inserts are crazy, especially if a whole team is using it.

If you have the time, watch this 10 minute match. It's ridiculous lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74S-0MKX_8k&feature=g-user-u#t=01h31m30s

EDIT: I guess the game after (2nd one on hardhat) is even more hectic because both team use insertions, so it's constant spawning with C4s and it's very fast paced.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
PC has dedicated servers but treyarch is in charge of them all AFAIK.

Hmm I see, so you can't host a private server with just your buddies or coworkers like in past games... kind of disappointing...

Hmm remember having a blast with some of the guys, selecting 1 map we kept on playing with very specific rules... I don't know but kind of miss how they used to do things...

Hmm I see, so you can't host a private server with just your buddies or coworkers like in past games... kind of disappointing...

Hmm remember having a blast with some of the guys, selecting 1 map we kept on playing with very specific rules... I don't know but kind of miss how they used to do things...
Yeah apparently not. The original blops has it and lots still play that if that is an option for you.

Top Bottom