• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Nekrono

What is the problem that people are complaining about at the moment? I'm thinking about returning to CoD, the last one I played MP extensively was CoD4.

Also, anyone know where would be the cheapest place to buy this for PC?

Jack_AG

Banned
What is the problem that people are complaining about at the moment? I'm thinking about returning to CoD, the last one I played MP extensively was CoD4.

Also, anyone know where would be the cheapest place to buy this for PC?
unplayable lag compensation.

Sethos

Banned
Lag compensation needs to be a part of the title.

Black Ops II |OT| Don't worry, you will be lag compensated.
Black Ops II |OT| Hit markers? Doesn't matter. Lag Compensation™

rekameohs

Banned
Black Ops II |OT| Be Advised, Enemy Lag Compensation incoming.

CHrEf.gif

Alright...since we all complained and were able to get them to bring back Nuketown (sort of), can we start complaining about Kill Confirmed not being in Hardcore in hopes of getting that added as well? lol. Would really love to play that.

DRE Fei

Tonight was some of the most lag-infested shit I've ever played. Also, the spawns are just as shitty as mw3. Where are all the Treyarch apologists now?

aku:jiki

:lol

I tried the Awareness perk last night. Barely improved a thing.
Ever since the engine changes in Black Ops (netcode, sound), it's like they have no idea what game they're designing. Why are Ninja/Awareness/SitRep/whatever still in the game if they're fucking useless? Why is Leightweight in a game that has enormous trouble properly syncing players who are crawling forward, let alone darting around like lightning? Why introduce Stalker when you're having said problems?

Know your own game, damn it!

Ever since the engine changes in Black Ops (netcode, sound), it's like they have no idea what game they're designing. Why are Ninja/Awareness/SitRep/whatever still in the game if they're fucking useless? Why is Leightweight in a game that has enormous trouble properly syncing players who are crawling forward, let alone darting around like lightning? Why introduce Stalker when you're having said problems?

Know your own game, damn it!

I've wondered the same things for a while, and these issues are only magnified with all of the close range encounters now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Black to the F|OT|uture

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The servers on 360 are fucked right now. Couldn't start a game for the last 15 minutes. Everyone else in the lobbies is bitching too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is there a way to clearly identify if it's your internet dropping out, or the host? Because I this evening I had literally about eight matches in a row incomplete due to losing connection to the host.

It boots straight back to the lobby, sans ~4 players, with the messages "migrating host".

shortyme

Is there a way to clearly identify if it's your internet dropping out, or the host? Because I this evening I had literally about eight matches in a row incomplete due to losing connection to the host.

It boots straight back to the lobby, sans ~4 players, with the messages "migrating host".

I was getting that a bunch last night too. Wasn't fun.

If MW2 had gotten the support it needed, and the OMA noobtube tweak 402 promised before the IW shit hit the fan, it would be the best MP game ever made and I would've played it until I died of old age.

That too. Dolphin dive can suck it!

At least they found a use for the sniper guns. I cant think of any map that has a decent line of sight for regular sniping.

Totally agree. MW2 was great because the game catered to all types of play styles.

More people will realize this with time. I can use almost any weapon in MW2 except for the obvious ones and feel like I can own. Most of the AR's were great, The Spas was a blast to run around with, The UMP with the silencer owned and the machine pistols were fun to play with. The funny thing UAV's were a rarity because people wanted to go after the higher killstreaks. COD just over did it with the killstreaks and all these other gimmicks instead of focusing on gunplay and great map design. It's also sad that Treyarch is still standing and that IW is no longer more. I blame IW for phasing out the talented devs and keeping the hacks.

Acinixys

Just met what im sure is my first hacker. Went 30+ for 1 10 games straight. Kill cams were retarded. He was getting headshots almost every time, and the minute he got shot at his recticle snapped to the attackers body, even if they were behind him. So balls

Nabs

Just met what im sure is my first hacker. Went 30+ for 1 10 games straight. Kill cams were retarded. He was getting headshots almost every time, and the minute he got shot at his recticle snapped to the attackers body, even if they were behind him. So balls

You reported him, right?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

I'd say it's a problem on their end. Happened to me a couple of times too. I thought it was my connection at first, but heard the other players bitching so I know it's not me. :)

I love what Treyarch did with Pick 10. Future CoD games should incorporate that. On a sidenote, I don't feel compelled to play the game as much as I did when it was released. Heck, I played Battlefield 3 a while ago just to get my shooter fix. Not saying X game is better than the other, mind, but just curious.

I attribute it mostly to the lag compensation, super small-ass maps and weird hit detection that turns me off sometimes. I mean, there are times when I meet someone head on and I just die with 1 to 2 shots from an Assault Rifle or SMG, but other times, I do the same thing to them. It's like meeting head-on for gunfights is more of a throw of the dice than one involving pure skill.

MrDaravon

The day before Black Ops 2 came out, the manager at my Gamestop said that she actually does get calls from people asking for Carl of Duty Black Cops 2, as well as Battletoads. Fucking internet.

LowParry

So i think picking a weapon out as my first prestige was the right decision overall. It's just nice to have that familiar weapon to use all the time though it being the AN-94. So much better than the MW3 "AK-47" version hands down. I think having the weapon with three attachments makes it such a boss weapon though I think this is the case with all assault weapons (silencer, FMJ, foregrip). What you sacrifice is probably all down to preference. I dropped my secondary equipment for it and just run with BBs. Hardline, Scavenger and Engineer with perks and I normally take out air types (UAVs, counters, etc.).

Last night games were really smooth all around (which was strange given that there usually is a game here and there that's laggy to all hell). Even all my shotgun fire placements were hitting with marks or kills instead of just nothing. I'll say, bouncing between this and Halo 4 is pretty refreshing when it comes to shooters.

Kyoufu

So i think picking a weapon out as my first prestige was the right decision overall. It's just nice to have that familiar weapon to use all the time though it being the AN-94. So much better than the MW3 "AK-47" version hands down. I think having the weapon with three attachments makes it such a boss weapon though I think this is the case with all assault weapons (silencer, FMJ, foregrip). What you sacrifice is probably all down to preference. I dropped my secondary equipment for it and just run with BBs. Hardline, Scavenger and Engineer with perks and I normally take out air types (UAVs, counters, etc.).

Last night games were really smooth all around (which was strange given that there usually is a game here and there that's laggy to all hell). Even all my shotgun fire placements were hitting with marks or kills instead of just nothing. I'll say, bouncing between this and Halo 4 is pretty refreshing when it comes to shooters.

How are you finding it without Ghost?

My current dilemma is dropping Ghost and Flak Jacket :(

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Speaking of Lag compensation, has there been any word on it being nerfed?

Not going to buy until they nerf it significantly. Lag Comp in MW3 was game breaking :(

LowParry

How are you finding it without Ghost?

My current dilemma is dropping Ghost and Flak Jacket :(

I tried ghost a few times and I wasn't really impressed. Though my main mode has been Kill Confirmed so flak jacket I don't really use at all. Though I'm sure I'll have a different layout when I start playing other modes. I do like how ghost forces people to move so I find not that many campers though there's so many definitions of camping when it comes to COD.

Respawns still need some work however.

Top Bottom