• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Atruvius

Really hope they fix the Scorestreaks not stacking. Got a care package and as i was about to use it i got another one, but since they dont stack i only had 1. :(

But then there'd be constantly a scorestreak in the air. The game would become as chaotic as MW2 and no one would have fun.

hodgy100

I think the wildcard is next-gen consoles. Will Activision make MW4 a 720/PC game only? Can they develop a next-gen game in time?

what's to say they wont just continue using the same engine, just have the game running with higher resolution textures 1080p 60fps, some nicer effects . just like the PC versions.

So I have a 50/5 connection at home, Open NAT on PS3 and for some reason I have to hit enemies 5-6 times for them to die, and most of the time when they hit me back its 2 shots and Im dead. Upon examining my killcams, I see that out of the 5-6 shots that I fire, it only registers 2, maybe 3.... no wonder I have such a shitty ass k/d ratio. I thought this was fixed in this game, but I see its more of the same bullsh*t. :/

Dawg

Got my reviewcopy 2 days ago. I guess that's what you get for not attending PR review events.

Game's fun though. Just wish I got the game a bit faster. A different site from my country went to the review event, had their review online day one and even received that care package edition later.

bluehat9

So I have a 50/5 connection at home, Open NAT on PS3 and for some reason I have to hit enemies 5-6 times for them to die, and most of the time when they hit me back its 2 shots and Im dead. Upon examining my killcams, I see that out of the 5-6 shots that I fire, it only registers 2, maybe 3.... no wonder I have such a shitty ass k/d ratio. I thought this was fixed in this game, but I see its more of the same bullsh*t. :/

You're probably host. Haven't played much of BO2 yet, but in the first one on ps3 if I was host I would lose every single showdown.

LowParry

I don't think I can play this any more.

Just played a few games and I just felt handicapped the other players had a supreme advantage over me.

Fuck you treyach/activision.

o hai halo.

Depending on your complaints, you'll run into the same'ol situation in Halo.

Ensoul

I played last night and man was the lag bad. Same of stuff where I would put 2 shots in someone and I would die a second later or I would shoot them and simply get no hit markers. This game is as par with MW 3 lag wise for me. It is almost unplayable. :(

Also the freaking spawns are all screwed up. I started a game of kill confirmed right in the middled.(Boat level) The SECOND I joined the game and selected my class a guy throws some c4 and blows me up. I respan a second later and I get killed by a lightning strike.

harrytang

Depending on your complaints, you'll run into the same'ol situation in Halo.

agreed. bought halo and wrote off cod, but with halo it seems like it's headshots only or nothing. get tired of hanging back with BR all game. cod came out and ive made the switch, but even more frustrating with cod is the inconsistent connections and spawn system. both games rage inducing right now. feel like they both have their place but i enjoy the cod gameplay a little bit more right now, and the fact that there are about 14 maps for mp vs the 5 for slayer in halo.

not a comparison post, just my thoughts right now since i have both and have played both quite a bit.

Remmy2112

Holy shit. I call in two blackbirds and my teammates are too stupid to take the battle towards the enemy. It was the only way to catch up in Kill Confirmed. But instead they want to camp on big ass Turbine. SMHHHHH.

Had a friend call in TWO Lodestars during a Kill Confirmed on Cargo and score a buttload of kills but the rest of our team didn't press and pick up the tags. :(

Sethos

Banned
Anyone with suggestions for a recorder? I'm looking at the PVR2 as that have everything I need, anything else that can record 60fps / HD at a proper quality?

Kyoufu

Anyone with suggestions for a recorder? I'm looking at the PVR2 as that have everything I need, anything else that can record 60fps / HD at a proper quality?

I use the Elgato Game Capture HD. It's the best external device on the market.

You can't record 60 fps unless you want to pay a ridiculous amount of money.

Dabanton

I don't think I can play this any more.

Just played a few games and I just felt handicapped the other players had a supreme advantage over me.

Fuck you treyach/activision.

o hai halo.

No gun is more special than the other in CoD in fact I found I usually stick with the mid level guns anyway. It's all about play styles.

I got this game yesterday and I'm having no problems at all obviously some people know the maps a but better but other than that I'll learn them too.

Kyoufu

Got any source for that? Everywhere I look it says 60FPS @ 720p compatible and people are even posting the settings.

I looked it up. It says youtube will render videos at 30 fps so 60 frames is useless.

But yeah most devices do 720p @ 60fps.

Sethos

Banned
I looked it up. It says youtube will render videos at 30 fps so 60 frames is useless.

Yeah but that's not what I'm asking :p I know YouTube is limited to 30.

Just need a device that can do 720p at 60. PVR2 and the Elgato, which cost the same. Anything else?

HiiiLife

I'm playing kill confirmed. I seriously feel there is no reason for me to get the most kills AND the most tags. Seriously. At least 40 kills and 30+ tags. Everyone else is dicking around. Ugggghhhhhhh.

Kyoufu

Yeah but that's not what I'm asking :p I know YouTube is limited to 30.

Just need a device that can do 720p at 60. PVR2 and the Elgato, which cost the same. Anything else?

You could get the Roxio but it's not as good as the PVR2 or the Elgato. I would definitely go with the Elgato. Look for reviews/comparisons on youtube.

I'm playing kill confirmed. I seriously feel there is no reason for me to get the most kills AND the most tags. Seriously. At least 40 kills and 30+ tags. Everyone else is dicking around. Ugggghhhhhhh.

At least you get tons of XP for that, but nothing pisses me off more than teammates who don't collect tags or assist me with the objective. :/

A friend bought it for PS3 and he, me and another friend played split-screen coop against bots last night. It was great, the bots felt more intelligent then I remember in earlier cod games, frankly, more intelligent then in other console games period.

My jaw dropped when I got quick-scoped by this sob bot.

Took an FN FAL and made it fully automatic, worked so well. Sticked with that setup the rest of the night.

Really, looking forward now to the Wii U version I am gonna get the 30th.

Kyoufu

A friend bought it for PS3 and he, me and another friend played split-screen coop against bots last night. It was great, the bots felt more intelligent then I remember in earlier cod games, frankly, more intelligent then in other console games period.

My jaw dropped when I got quick-scoped by this sob bot.

Took an FN FAL and made it fully automatic, worked so well. Sticked with that setup the rest of the night.

Really, looking forward now to the Wii U version I am gonna get the 30th.

I heard the Wii U version has like 500 players. Let us know how you get on with it.

Malvingt2

Update for Sony version of latest Call of Duty aimed at fixing lockup/freezing issues, though some still reporting headaches.

Update for Sony version of latest Call of Duty aimed at fixing lockup/freezing issues, though some still reporting headaches.

Activision has released a new patch for the PlayStation 3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II, but it does not appear to have fixed what it set out to. Activision wrote in its support forums that it has launched an update aimed at fixing lockup/freezing issues, but also notes that some gamers are still experiencing the issues.

"We are doing everything we can to get to the bottom of it as quickly as possible," the statement reads. No specific timetable was provided concerning when the new fix will be ready.

Separately, Activision also addressed issues Wii U users are reporting. The company told gamers who are experiencing lockups to make sure they have the most recent version of the game. To do this, Activision said players should make sure they have installed all patches and title updates before jumping in. These updates provide improvements to security and fixes for exploits and crashes and do not affect saved games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/black-ops-ii-patch-hits-ps3-6400322

Damn Wii U owners. Jumping online without the updates lol

Jack_AG

Banned
5-6? HOLY FUCK that sounds about normal.

I have to almost use a full clip every time. Literally. I've come up on people from behind who were posting.... point blank with 36 in the clip I had 3 rounds left over when be died... point blank.

If I can get 5-6 i'd be going 100-1, are you sure you are laggin? Except for one or two games - I am always needing almost a full clip.

Fantasmo

You're probably host. Haven't played much of BO2 yet, but in the first one on ps3 if I was host I would lose every single showdown.
It's not entirely about being host in the latest games (pre patch MW3 anyway). Hit prediction is necessary in these games, but there's an over compensated negative timing balance for those with steady stable low ping connections. And it's not just the host that gets it.

The series is about catering to lowest common denominator in order to make the most amount of money. Gamers will stay because they'll accept the abuse and still praise the developers and publisher. Casuals on the other hand will only stay until they stop having fun. Dem map packs $$$. I thought about it for awhile and now I'm going positive everytime. As far as I can tell, every game has some amount of this otherwise things would disappear and reappear everywhere. Such is networking. But theirs is so bad and blatant (and they don't get around to "fixing it" until a year later), it's akin to "dude your penis is showing". Anyone on the most egregious end of this is not at fault from a shooting and aiming perspective. El Presador, amusing as he is, is one of those on the receiving end of this. Not that anyone cares (or him honestly) because that's how he gets views. El Presador has a great internet connection, I'd bet money on it. Their system is completely broken, my friends were ready to drop me as a teammate and I nearly burst a blood vessel. I hope today's, or a near future update, addresses it. This is entirely within their control, and if it isn't fixed soon, it will be my last Call of Duty.

Dabanton

Yup. I pretty much stopped playing. I'm tired of doing all the work and losing every time. Everyone's become so obsessed with their K/D ratio that they don't want to do shit.

Seriously it's an annoyance that I see that they've tried to remedy but for too many players all they care about it their precious K/D ratio.

Top Bottom