• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Fantasmo

Game just got on my radar, probably has been answered a million times before but what freedom do we have in the multiplayer?

Can we create our own server like old school cod games or is it all match making with some random maps like they ve been trying to shove down our throats? Oh yeah talking about pc not consoles.

Edit^: OP says dedicated server, are we talking Call of duty 4 dedicated server like in the good ole days?

This will probably make or break it for me...

Thanks
You mean Private Match? Its not a server but its you and your buddies? I can't imagine they took out P2P private matches

Just have to say this is fucking stupid so far.

UAV is very overpowered and it's way too low of a killstreak.

It's pretty much one team gets UAV first, which leads to their teammates getting it and then never ending kills for that team, while the other gets destroyed. It's ridiculous.

DRE Fei

It's pretty much one team gets UAV first, which leads to their teammates getting it and then never ending kills for that team, while the other gets destroyed. It's ridiculous.

I knew this would happen. Just spend a token to keep ghost once you get it then I guess.

I knew this would happen. Just spend a token to keep ghost once you get it then I guess.

Yeah i will. It's so weird. I go negative one game and the next game i go 22-1. It's really all about radar right now in the early stages. Everybody has the same guns, so when it comes to gun skill, I can definitely beat them, but not if they know where I am at all times because of radar.

So Carrier is definitely my favorite map so far.

Also, one time i pressed x to respawn and was immediately killed by a hunter killer drone, so there is no spawn protection against that. Kinda bullshit compared to previous CODs, but not the biggest deal I guess.

Yup.

Basically, my perk loadout will include every perk that keeps me off radar, makes me invisible to all these killstreaks, and unable to be acquired by weapon attachments.
Ghost, Cold Blooded, Blind Eye.
Plus, Ninja too; not only for the silent footsteps, but also because I can't stand listening to my own loud footsteps all the time (*crunch crunch crunch* )

Invisible & silent.

Effect

Zombies. Is it possible to complete waves without having to resort to the circle strategy everytime? The little I did play of Zombies in Black Ops 1 always just came down to that.

Lulubop

I'm liking the color. The game looks notably better than it's predecessor, especially the treyarch games. At least the multiplayer.

Gibbo

Wait so this game is actually good? I remember watching the E3 presentation a few months back and was not impressed at atll

I'm not in favor of the Ghost nerfing, but this happens a lot in CoD early on. It's only natural for people to rely on UAVs when nobody's learned the layouts of the maps yet.

The maps are still new. Let the metagame develop before damning everyone relying on UAVs.

Anyone know of the exact changes to the HARDCORE playlist?

I remember Treyarch saying things like - no noob tubes, no aim assist for sniper rifles (no quick scoping), shooting an enemy's extremities is no longer an instant kill, stuff like that.

Wondering if there's still no crosshair on the screen, and if there's still just as much aim assist strength as the Core playlist.

Any info or links to confirmed changes would be appreciated.

Carrier is still by far my favorite map.
Plaza isn't bad too.

EDIT: Also lightning strike is really good. When you open up to call the thing in, it shows all the enemies on radar, so you can place it well and comes in instantly when you press A.

I can also think that maybe it's good to open it to see where enemies are but then save it for late rlol.

Carrier is still by far my favorite map.
Plaza isn't bad too.

EDIT: Also lightning strike is really good. When you open up to call the thing in, it shows all the enemies on radar, so you can place it well and comes in instantly when you press A.

I can also think that maybe it's good to open it to see where enemies are but then save it for late rlol.
How do you feel about the health in this game?

PandaL

Uhh, how can you judge framerate issues on a 30fps video? CoD is a 60fps game. Was the framerate really that bad last time?

I think you didn't play BO. The PS3 version of BO is plagued with frame rate & hit detection issues. Sometimes the frame rate will drop below 30 making it unplayable.

Yeah i will. It's so weird. I go negative one game and the next game i go 22-1. It's really all about radar right now in the early stages. Everybody has the same guns, so when it comes to gun skill, I can definitely beat them, but not if they know where I am at all times because of radar.

If you can beat them you can definitely play without ghost, change your tactics and you should be fine.

Im still bummed that Stalker didnt made it here. :/

OMG thank the gods, now people will have to learn how to shoot without it and not get lucky 2 times out of 5 because they strafing faster than a speeding train.

Stalker is still in. It's a gun attachment now named Adjustable Stock. I'm currently using it lol.

No... NO... NOOOOOOOO.

PS3 version looking nice. This may be the best game next to COD4... We'll see.

Also Awareness is a lvl 50 unlock if anybody cares.

ok that's no good. I do care and then yea that makes UAV overpowered a bit but it won't matter in the end with a full party.

UAV-COUNTER-BLACKBIRD.

I'm ready for monday night.

njean777

Gonna be hard for me with blind eye, and ghost being on the same tier of perks. Oh well, will have to just get use to it.

Top Bottom