• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Makoto

Played Hardpoint in League. I think I was the only one not using the Skorpion with Rapid Fire. Add to that, it seemed like everyone on the opposing team had betties and shock charges all around the Hardpoint whenever they capped. Just looking at the amount of equipment on the ground while using Engineer was so demoralizing. I've been discrediting the Flak Jacket/Tactical Mask combo lately but that might actually be the best idea for betty/shocks. Better that than using Engineer to shoot the mass amount of equipment individually.

Sethos

Banned
So I was getting fed up with Hardcore and lag, it's a piss poor combination. Every damn game was 3/1 - 3/3 - 3/2 K/D. So I try out a Core match with my trusty FAL and holy shit at the contrast, you have SO much time to react, SO many chances and the lag issue can easily be compensated by a better aim. I even got to do a few multi-kills, jumping out through windows and flanking people purely because you are so much safer.

Think I'll stick with core.

My last two S&D games

iL7bUidjs114k.png

Even got stealth chopper, lightning strike, UAV, my care package and the whole nine yards in the last game.

xclaw

Is there trick to knifing prone players? Every attempt I tried last night ended in utter failure and disappointment when I finally got knifed while prone.

Sethos

Banned
Guess a beginning fish eye effect is what the kids want these days.

No, 65 isn't sexy either but 90 is just as shit. Middle-ground is where it's at.

i want to get select fire on the FAL, just dont know if i have the patience to rank it up, im not very good with single shot guns and dont feel like having a ton of negative kill rounds

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Who gives a shit if there is fisheye around the edges? Some people value a wider fov when competing on dedicated servers on PC while aiming with a proper mouse.

Is that really hard to understand? Shit has been around since Quake.

Sethos

Banned
Who gives a shit if there is fisheye around the edges? Some people value a wider fov when competing on dedicated servers on PC while aiming with a proper mouse.

Is that really hard to understand? Shit has been around since Quake.

Relax sunshine, I said it looked awful and everyone get their knickers in a twist. So because I don't like it it's the end of the world?

Been working on the diamond camo for the launchers for the past 2 days. Finished the SMAW yesterday and just now, got gold camo for the RPG. Last challenge for me was destroy 1 aircraft. Jumped into ground war with my friend and luckily they had some stealth choppers up so I kept shooting at it till I got it. So happy, lol.

Now I just need the FHJ-18 AA launcher (which im glad to see the patch fixed the issue of it not leveling up). 2 challenges for that one. That "kill an enemy AGR" one is a bitch. Been throwing my care packages at them in hopes of it being an AGR. If not, I have engineer so I can change it real quick.

mxgt

Banned

No, 65 isn't sexy either but 90 is just as shit. Middle-ground is where it's at.

90 has no fish eye

It's the sweet spot, anything lower is pretty terrible as far as I'm concerned.

Sethos

Banned
90 has no fish eye

It's the sweet spot, anything lower is pretty terrible as far as I'm concerned.

Fair enough man, people can use it all they want. I think it looks strange as hell, I'd probably prefer something a tad lower. 65 looks claustrophobic. So a nice middle-ground would be nice. Need dem' choices!

The console would probably cook if it had to draw any more on-screen :p

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
i want to get select fire on the FAL, just dont know if i have the patience to rank it up, im not very good with single shot guns and dont feel like having a ton of negative kill rounds

I did it with the SMR, worth it imho. It was a little grind but once you get it... put on the target designator scope and whoooa baby. My K/D went from about 10-11 or 13-14 instantly to 25-10 or 30-13 and Im not a special player.

Nabs

Dat FOV Slider :) I usually roll at 80-85, but I'll give 90 a spin tonight.

It won't be long before you're killing fools with the FAL.

90 degee FOV would look a lot better if the gun was further off into the corner. The placement looks odd in that picture, and it obscures a ton of valuable screen space.

I'm a little surprised the PC version of the game got patched. I have to give it to Treyarch unlike a lot of developers they're willing to have the PC be ahead in terms of version number. I would have expected they do whatever everybody else and push the all encompassing patches most devs do.

I did it with the SMR, worth it imho. It was a little grind but once you get it... put on the target designator scope and whoooa baby. My K/D went from about 10-11 or 13-14 instantly to 25-10 or 30-13 and Im not a special player.

yeah ill try to rank up the FAL a little tonight and see if i can last, thanks

LowParry

The puppy got me. lol

Oh btw, with the 360 patch, I'm not seeing or feeling any difference when it comes to in game action. Though it's strange to see with some people I have fire fights with, I do see my shots fired with marks. Then with some others I don't see myself firing are all when I know I've put out at least 8 rounds. So I dunno. Been seeing less shotgun kills from such a crazy distance though I see two shots fired instead of the one instant kill. Not sure if it's just a bad player or people getting lucky. But they still are a beast at close range.

Jack_AG

Banned
Default 65
ijIRjP7Wy9twJ.jpg

i7q7PaLr92CVL.jpg

<3 PC gaming

@90 the gun looks like it's about to hit Ludicrous Speed. Looks like ass.

I usually roll around 75-80, depending on the game... if I decide to game on my TV I go about 65-70 since I'm sitting much farther away than my monitor.

Train yourself to double or triple tap whenever you have a shot lined up, you won't need any more than that unless you've got lag comp crippling you. You get used to it pretty quick and might actually come to love the control you have over shot placement.

Xux

Some of those damage numbers seem off... The shotgun damage stats (not sure if they're per pellet or single shell) and the Autofire rate of the SWAT should seems high as well.
It's by pellet. RoF for burst fire is taking into account the delay between bursts so they're gonna seem low.

Stitch

Gold Member
Woah, I'm getting less FPS with the new patch (PC). No 60 FPS anymore, just 20-40. What the hell..!?

EDIT: Oh, nvm. Restarting my computer fixed it. o_O

Top Bottom