• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Man I'm really frustrated right now. MW2, BLOPS1, MW3 I have always been a solid player. I'm not saying im the greatest player in the world, but the way BLOPS2 has turned out makes me look like i'm some scrubby noob.

I'm with ya man. I've never been LIGHTS OUT elite or anything because I run around like an asshole and also sometimes get caught up in camping traps that OCS says I MUST eliminate (after I've died 6 times) but I'm really strugggling to hold a 1.0 KD. I dont really care about KD either but I'm just using it as a measurement in this case.

Z3M0G

Finished "Suffer With Me" mission... this is the best story I have ever played in a video game.

Mind. Fucking. Blown.

PS3 version.

Dunno if it's just me but the sound mix is really strange. A lot of sounds and voices come from the surround speakers (e.g. the nightclub stage, when entering the main dance room, as I approach the sound comes from front and surround. Eh?). A lot of Harper's dialog is very quiet in the mix, even when he's right in front of me.

Overally, a really, really strange audio mix. Levels and sound direction seems really off. And as for the echo being applied to dialog at times... smh.

xclaw

PS3 version.

Dunno if it's just me but the sound mix is really strange. A lot of sounds and voices come from the surround speakers (e.g. the nightclub stage, when entering the main dance room, as I approach the sound comes from front and surround. Eh?). A lot of Harper's dialog is very quiet in the mix, even when he's right in front of me.

Overally, a really, really strange audio mix. Levels and sound direction seems really off. And as for the echo being applied to dialog at times... smh.

Coming from BF3 on PS3, the audio in this game is odd. Really can't tell what is where. I just listen and guess in what direction things are occurring.

mephixto

Banned
I'm with ya man. I've never been LIGHTS OUT elite or anything because I run around like an asshole and also sometimes get caught up in camping traps that OCS says I MUST eliminate (after I've died 6 times) but I'm really strugggling to hold a 1.0 KD. I dont really care about KD either but I'm just using it as a measurement in this case.

I think we are getting old guys.

Nome

He starts the video off complaining about MMS are they that prevalent on consoles? I never see them on PC.
Yep, PC player here and it's all about the PDW. I've run into a few very gifted snipers recently though... incredibly tough to deal with in Domination.

What the fuck?

I played up to the first Strike mission last night. Today I get on, and after resuming campaign I'm on the first fucking mission?

WTF. I put like 2 hours into this bullshit yesterday. WHERE IS MY SAVE??

LowParry

Oh man. My kill confirm game. 47-4 and was able to call in 3 stealth choppers. So so good. :D

Doing a highlight reel recording now. What an awesome feature for theater. When it works.

LowParry

What's your loadout? :eek:

Primary: AN-94 (Silencer, foregrip)
Secondary: FJH "Stinger"
Perks: Hardline, Fast Hands (eventually Scavenger), Engineer
Equipment: BB, Shock Charge
Killstreaks: Hunter Killer, Care Package, Stealth Chopper

I like to play the trap game unless they can see what I've placed down though I don't think a lot of people use Engineer. It makes for care package switch outs if needed and I like to see where things are on the map if people are placing equipment down. Blowing up equipment is some really easy points to get and of course shooting down UAVs is a must. I have the Art of War skin for it which is way cool.

Fantasmo

fuenf said:
Am i imagining hings or are Lightweight and Extreme Conditioning making the lag problems worse?

computers putin' said:
lightweight is probably causing issues with laggy hitboxes and such.
I was running around with the R870 lightweight + extreme conditioning and it was a joke, my shots wouldnt hit, enemies would warp past me, if I shot someone the kill would register about 0.5s later. It was just ridiculous, i wish Treyarch would at least acknowledge that there's a problem.

Lightweight and extreme conditioning are fine. They don't cause problems in and of themselves.

I think we are getting old guys.

Incorrect the game is broken.

fuenf

lightweight is probably causing issues with laggy hitboxes and such.

I was running around with the R870 lightweight + extreme conditioning and it was a joke, my shots wouldnt hit, enemies would warp past me, if I shot someone the kill would register about 0.5s later. It was just ridiculous, i wish Treyarch would at least acknowledge that there's a problem.

Sethos

Banned
Are Claymores any good? I haven't run into a single Claymore user yet. More C4 than Claymores.

I tried them briefly before I prestiged, got so many kills with them and their explosion sound is glorious. Not sure why people aren't using them. Everyone are already getting used to belly-flopping whenever they hear the betty ... That shit ain't flying with a claymore, saw one guy just diving on the floor when he saw it then blew skyhigh, glorious killcam.

Only problem is they're fairly hard to hide, unlike the bettys. Can't really put them all the way into a corner and the lasers are extremely glaring. So it needs a bit of adaptation and smart thinking.

Ryck

The lag is really ruining what would be an otherwise amazing game. I hope they get it sorted out soon I am getting tired of putting rounds into people only to see the killcam and see that I am shooting either off of the target or not at all.

aku:jiki

LOL, some people on these games... I just cleared out the bomb site by myself in Demo, planted and held off any defenders until my team showed up and I got a message saying "stop camping in corners." lolwut

Edit: Haha, even better! Joined the next match and it was the same match as I was disconnected from earlier, and the first kill-mic I heard was "Aw, he's back! :("

RS4-

LOL, some people on these games... I just cleared out the bomb site by myself in Demo, planted and held off any defenders until my team showed up and I got a message saying "stop camping in corners." lolwut

Other team was crying about the way I was playing too in Dom. because I was "camping" and "way to capture flags" (I had 10). I guess they were just mad because I maintained a choke point for a few kills so my team doesn't get flanked and lose the spawn flag.

eek5

damn, looks pretty sick, should i go this or FAL?, im going to work on one of them tonight when i get off work

FAL is the better gun IMO. The SMR has longer 2HK range but the FAL has faster RoF, faster reload, larger mag, less recoil, smaller hip fire spread, better iron sights, faster ADS in/out/drop, and it is only a level 22 unlock which means you don't have to blow perm unlock tokens on it.

Remmy2112

FAL is the better gun IMO. The SMR has longer 2HK range but the FAL has faster RoF, faster reload, larger mag, less recoil, smaller hip fire spread, better iron sights, faster ADS in/out/drop, and it is only a level 22 unlock which means you don't have to blow perm unlock tokens on it.

A longer 2 hit kill range is obviously a worthy reason for losing out on all those other statistics. Blech.

Top Bottom