• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sethos

Banned
It's funny, I was running around with the FAL, silenced, quickdraw and select fire. Everybody in killcam kept going "What is that?!" they had no idea it was a FAL, even Prestige 2 players ... People are so attached to their damn SMGs :p

Ryck

It's funny, I was running around with the FAL, silenced, quickdraw and select fire. Everybody in killcam kept going "What is that?!" they had no idea it was a FAL, even Prestige 2 players ... People are so attached to their damn SMGs :p
I just discovered it today, I am completely in love with it. ( Im like level 36 though haha)

eek5

A longer 2 hit kill range is obviously a worthy reason for losing out on all those other statistics. Blech.

Well it does have a bit over double the 2HK range so if you operate in the 100 "unit" range a lot then it could be the better gun for you. Having used both of them a bit, I'd say the FAL is the better gun overall. I think at "100" units where the SMR is fringe 2hkiller, it's easier to land 3 hits from FAL compared to 2 from SMR due to the recoil. YMMV though

fuenf

I wonder if select fire is really worth it. I just tried FAL+Quick Draw + Silencer and Ghost, Leightweight, Cold Blooded, Dexterity, Engineer and I think that the Perks add more value to the class than select fire / foregrip.

For Fal users, are you using it full auto using the mod or single shot? What's the difference in terms of Killtimes? I imagine single shot is slower? In which case does single shot have any advantage? I assume range is where single shots come into play?

HiiiLife

I LOVE making people mad in this game. I was using the FAL and some jackass was claiming it to be a rapid fire controller. He said "Yeah the algorithm is incorrect. When the gun goes.. DOOT DOOT DOOT then there's a break that's when you know it's a mod.. It's an algorithm man.. Stop cheating"

L-O-Fucking-L.

I surely hope that wasn't anyone on GAF. I could NEVER wrap my mind around the fact that people just can't believe a person call pull a trigger fast. AND IT'S NOT EVEN THAT FAST TBH. Holy Hannah. Cry some more people.

I need to start tally marking people that accuse me of a mod. It's really not that hard to move your index finger.

Anyone else really like "Standoff"?

Seems like a more tightly knit version of the CoD4 map Overgrown.

Great map. The maps in this game, in general, are so much better than MW3.

I agree that Infinity Ward is responsible for most of the innovations in Call of Duty, but that doesn't seem to matter if their maps just aren't enjoyable to play on.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im using a 22" monitor at 1680 x 1050 any idea what FOV i should be setting it to in options ?

feel

Blindly tossed a Betty over the jacuzzi in Highjacked and killed a guy on the other side, then a few moments later I find it still on the floor intact, upon inspection on theater it turns out the guy was already injured and I killed him by hitting him directly with it. Laughed, didn't know this kind of random stuff happened in COD.

im using a 22" monitor at 1680 x 1050 any idea what FOV i should be setting it to in options ?
90 or die. (Maybe 80)

MechDX

Blindly tossed a Betty over the jacuzzi in Highjacked and killed a guy on the other side, then a few moments later I find it still on the floor intact, upon inspection on theater it turns out the guy was already injured and I killed him by hitting him directly with it. Laughed, didn't know this kind of random stuff happened in COD.

90 or die. (Maybe 80)

I hit a guy yesterday as he was running around a corner and I wass throwing my betty. Like tossing a frisbee and poping him in the chest.

Took some time to make a cross eyed Hogan emblem, turned out decent. Could really use a few more layers.
q8MbF.png

Just started using shotguns lol, very fun on small levels!

I'm just using the first one with a laser sight and long barrel thing...... is that the best set up?

Fantasmo

God I hate Raid, with a passion, easily the worst map in a CoD in my opinion.
The maps are all so wide open. What is the problem with splitting the different sides off? I don't get it! What's the big deal with only having 1 .. 2 ways tops, into an area?

LowParry

I personally have enjoyed all the maps so far. The only one I'm probably iffy on is Aftermath because I generally can't figure out the flow of where people are coming and going. Though I blame the spawn issues with the game.

Cake Boss

Banned
I personally have enjoyed all the maps so far. The only one I'm probably iffy on is Aftermath because I generally can't figure out the flow of where people are coming and going. Though I blame the spawn issues with the game.

I hated Aftermath until I had a game where I went 26-0, I figured the middle is the best place to run around in.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Everytime Hijack shows up for a vote it wins by a large margin, god I cant stand that turd.

JESUS THIS MAP HAUNTS ME!!! Go Away!!!!

Join game - Hijack 7 votes. Leave game.
Join new game - Hijack 5 votes. Leave game.
Join new game - Hijack 6 votes. Leave game.
Join game in progress.... loading Hijack.

Its fucking stalking me like Jason Voorhees.

WOW. So it turns out Black Ops 2 launched with a bug that didn't allow the FJH-18AA launcher to be leveled up. I thought it simply wasn't a levelable weapon, but now it is after the patch.

How the FUCK does shit ship like this?

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
whats the closest gun to the type 95 from mw3? the swat?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
WOW. So it turns out Black Ops 2 launched with a bug that didn't allow the FJH-18AA launcher to be leveled up. I thought it simply wasn't a levelable weapon, but now it is after the patch.

Interesting, I never noticed. I just need to get the Skull camo for that one and then I get Gold. Sucks because NOBODY USES AGRs!!! And then when one does it's like a fight for my life to blow it up but I have failed twice already.

Had probably the best night playing this game I've ever had. Consistently got the highest score out of everyone playing, and my connection was smooth 9 out of 10 games. I even played a game with the RPG-7 and got the highest score lol

I would like to say though, that the idea that the PC community is more mature than the console community is a myth; at least when it comes to COD. 3 out of 4 guys with a mic are sore winners and sore losers. I find myself having thought processes I haven't had since elementary school. I was paired up with a low level (4) and we lost, but I told him nice try. One guy from the other team was like "yeah nice excuse ******". These are late teens and 20-something year old males with such an astounding lack of maturity that it makes me ashamed to participate in this game. I'm pretty sure I get called a faggot every other game and get called out on using something that's "too easy". COD is the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of player amiability and general "sportsmanship".

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Worse than......
Downturn?!

I would take downturn 5 times in a row over having to play Raid one more time, I really dislike Raid, I know most maps are generally designed around the same formula but I really hate its plain design.

I noticed earlier, pain in the ass, I had assumed we couldn't level the launchers and then today I noticed it was level 4, I've already unlocked everything for it at this point.

Interesting, I never noticed. I just need to get the Skull camo for that one and then I get Gold. Sucks because NOBODY USES AGRs!!! And then when one does it's like a fight for my life to blow it up but I have failed twice already.

Had probably the best night playing this game I've ever had. Consistently got the highest score out of everyone playing, and my connection was smooth 9 out of 10 games. I even played a game with the RPG-7 and got the highest score lol

I would like to say though, that the idea that the PC community is more mature than the console community is a myth; at least when it comes to COD. 3 out of 4 guys with a mic are sore winners and sore losers. I find myself having thought processes I haven't had since elementary school. I was paired up with a low level (4) and we lost, but I told him nice try. One guy from the other team was like "yeah nice excuse ******". These are late teens and 20-something year old males with such an astounding lack of maturity that it makes me ashamed to participate in this game. I'm pretty sure I get called a faggot every other game and get called out on using something that's "too easy". COD is the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of player amiability and general "sportsmanship".

Yes - the COD community tops even Lag Compensation as the worst thing about this series.

Everytime Hijack shows up for a vote it wins by a large margin, god I cant stand that turd.

JESUS THIS MAP HAUNTS ME!!! Go Away!!!!

Join game - Hijack 7 votes. Leave game.
Join new game - Hijack 5 votes. Leave game.
Join new game - Hijack 6 votes. Leave game.
Join game in progress.... loading Hijack.

Its fucking stalking me like Jason Voorhees.

This. It's mind boggling, I guess everyone enjoys getting spawn killed every five seconds.

I would take downturn 5 times in a row over having to play Raid one more time, I really dislike Raid, I know most maps are generally designed around the same formula but I really hate its plain design.

I noticed earlier, pain in the ass, I had assumed we couldn't level the launchers and then today I noticed it was level 4, I've already unlocked everything for it at this point.

Whats wrong with Raid? I know the theme is terrible but the actual map is one of the better post MW2 maps.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Whats wrong with Raid? I know the theme is terrible but the actual map is one of the better post MW2 maps.

I really enjoy it myself, although I think B flag in Domination should be moved to the other side of the driveway circle near the edge of the map so that there's not as much of a flank point from the hell square (as I call it). And I don't think the theme is terrible either. FBI faction is cool!

Quick

Banned
Having not played much COD MP in MW3, feels good to be back to it.

I never got the attraction to Nuketown in Black Ops until now with Nuketown 2025. Probably my favourite map right now. Throw me into the category for people who don't like Hijacked as well. Just not clicking right with me.

So last night I decided to change my NAT type to open. Big mistake apparently. Now I struggle just to break even in this game. With moderate NAT I was doing decent, not amazing but decent. Now every time I shoot someone, 3 hit markers register on the enemy, then I'm dead. Such bullshit. How long did it take Blops 1, and MW3 to get the lag comp BS bearable? This is ridiculous.

I really enjoy it myself, although I think B flag in Domination should be moved to the other side of the driveway circle near the edge of the map so that there's not as much of a flank point from the hell square (as I call it). And I don't think the theme is terrible either. FBI faction is cool!

Yeah I like the FBI but the luxurious house is kinda dull for a game set during a war, seem like a Counter Strike map or something.
Carrier(Navy Seals assaulting a Chinese aircraft carrier) is the coolest theme to me.

Top Bottom