• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

DoomGyver

So last night I decided to change my NAT type to open. Big mistake apparently. Now I struggle just to break even in this game. With moderate NAT I was doing decent, not amazing but decent. Now every time I shoot someone, 3 hit markers register on the enemy, then I'm dead. Such bullshit. How long did it take Blops 1, and MW3 to get the lag comp BS bearable? This is ridiculous.

You know, I may just try removing my forward ports and giving myself a moderate NAT. That just may be the ticket.

Wow...Jeff was totally right about the post credit scene....

GIXOL.jpg

Playing on Steam... is there any way to make it so the voice chat isn't TEN THOUSAND TIMES LOUDER than everything else? Neither Voice nor the two Codcaster sliders in the audio settings menu seem to have an effect on voice chat volume, it's pretty much deafening On or entirely Off.

For that matter, I feel like I have to crank up my Windows volume way up to hear the game at a normal level (already at max volume for all settings in-game). If I have my Windows volume at its normal position, voice chat is about the level I'd expect, but the rest of the game is then of course whisper-quiet.

Fantasmo

You know, I may just try removing my forward ports and giving myself a moderate NAT. That just may be the ticket.
Everyone in the thread ignored my recent posts.

WHY? People thought I was trolling?

The post you quoted... he's getting warmer with the solution... still not there yet though. Meanwhile I'm enjoying my recent games which are around 19-2. Good luck figuring it out guys!

DoomGyver

The post you quoted... he's getting warmer with the solution... still not there yet though. Meanwhile I'm enjoying my recent games which are around 19-2. Good luck figuring it out guys!
I can't find the post you're referring to. Anyways I'll remove my ports first thing tomorrow and report back.

Lovin League Play right now.

Takes 10 mins to find a match.
First match is hardpoint.
Winning 200 something to like 30 something. Host turns off his xbox. No win counted.
Take 10 mins to find a match
Second match is hardpoint again.
Win 250-150 or so and actually get credited and move up the ladder.
Take 10 mins to find a match
Third match is kill confirmed
I go 43-10 with 33 confirms and 5 denies.
Lose match.
That earned ladder ranking goes right back down.

And i'm only doin it for the freakin win 5 games achievement.

Hmmm so apparently blackhat destroys UAVs instantly.

No, you have to have it go through hacking, which takes a couple seconds.

EDIT: Also about the whole Turbine love/hate thing in this thread. I loved it at first, playing it only in demolition. Earlier today I played a hardpoint on it and it was just stupid. I would say thats the worst map for something like that. Then, i played a league play kill confirmed on it and it was okay. I guess it's really only fun in demolition for me cause you know where the enemies are coming from at all times, so it's much more fast paced and half the map isn't even used.

Jack_AG

Banned

Workarounds aren't "solutions". Fixing the game is a solution, not user-created workarounds.

feel

After a crazy play where I survived the attacks of 4 guys in a CQC situation where I jumped, sprayed and prayed with both my guns, this guy (that already had me as a nemesis before that) started raging and cursing me pretty badly on the text chat. Next time I met him I switched to a Hunter Kill Drone plane mid shootout and tossed it at his face. He ragequit and I felt good about myself lol.

MechDX

I was using my LSAT (LOVE that gun!) with a target finder and FMJ on it and kept popping a sniper from across the map with it. Everytime I would tag his ass he would shout "FUCK YOU FMJ!!". I couldnt actually see him but I saw the box and just kept firing in the center through the wall.

The rage was just funny as hell.

I was using my LSAT (LOVE that gun!) with a target finder and FMJ on it and kept popping a sniper from across the map with it. Everytime I would tag his ass he would shout "FUCK YOU FMJ!!". I couldnt actually see him but I saw the box and just kept firing in the center through the wall.

The rage was just funny as hell.
lsat is underrated.

Quick

Banned
Got a SWAT-556 rifle with ACOG and Quickdraw as my primary and an S12 semi-automatic shotgun as my secondary for maximum effectiveness.

Feels good man.

Conceptor

Whomever recommended using the FAL with Select Fire + Target Finder + Suppressor a few pages ago, thank you. Replaced my grip with the supp and really enjoyed it for the few rounds I played today :)

Milly79

So last night I decided to change my NAT type to open. Big mistake apparently. Now I struggle just to break even in this game. With moderate NAT I was doing decent, not amazing but decent. Now every time I shoot someone, 3 hit markers register on the enemy, then I'm dead. Such bullshit. How long did it take Blops 1, and MW3 to get the lag comp BS bearable? This is ridiculous.

I'm having the exact opposite. Putting my Xbox in the DMZ caused me to go into Moderate/Strict territory. Since I've removed the DMZ, I've been always open and tearing things up. I'm not sure if it's because I'm learning the maps better or what, but I've gone from 1.4 to 1.7 k/d from just playing today. In Blops I had a 2.4 and liked going around the edges of the map while being sneaky and I'm getting much better at doing that rather than trying to run and gun like the game makes you try to do (IMO).

Quick

Banned
Are you able to save your videos and screenshots on your PS3 hard drive?

Also, are PS3 users suffering from the system locking up while loading a map, or loading onto the lobby after a match?

FMbarbarian

Still can't seem to get get 5 bloodthirsty medals to get my knife gold though.

I got the gold knife pretty easily but I had to play a little cheap. I hid in a hallway with two shock charges at the entrances and when they went off I ran in for the kill. Ressuplied with scavenger and throw out more shock charges.

I'm having an awesome night tonight. I managed to get a both a gold FAL and R870 and I've been keeping my KDR at 2.5+ for the nights matches.

Domination is fucking worthless in this game. I loved it in previous installments-but because of the map layout, if the other team gets 2 flags-you're fucked. They just lock down and that flag CANNOT be taken back. They just spawn kill you like nothing.

Shotguns are so damn inconsistent for me. So why does your Remington with laser work but mine doesn't? C'mon.

Don't forget long barrel, adds a lot of rangs. Maybe it's the perks though?

I use Lightweight, Toughness, Dexterity and Extreme Conditioning (with perk 3 greed)

I might have to do that shock charge thing for the knife. Sick of getting 4 kills but some dude across the map killing me.
Domination is fucking worthless in this game. I loved it in previous installments-but because of the map layout, if the other team gets 2 flags-you're fucked. They just lock down and that flag CANNOT be taken back. They just spawn kill you like nothing.

From most maps I've seen there's always a way around to flank them (which I do but sometimes I'm the only one) but people choose to continually run in the same direction instead.

HiiiLife

Don't forget long barrel, adds a lot of rangs. Maybe it's the perks though?

I use Lightweight, Toughness, Dexterity and Extreme Conditioning (with perk 3 greed)

I might have to do that shock charge thing for the knife. Sick of getting 4 kills but some dude across the map killing me.

I do use long barrel. Pretty much the same exact perks. And his shell magically kills me but mine just gets hit markers. So fed up with it.

Nome

Whats wrong with Raid? I know the theme is terrible but the actual map is one of the better post MW2 maps.
I think the theme is awesome. It's the only map in the ENTIRE game that has an easily discernible layout with memorable landmarks and sensible prop placement.

Svafnir

I am new to COD, Black Ops 2 is the first one I have ever played or owned.

Can someone give me a quick breakdown of online? What weapons should I be using, any tips or anything really. Apparently weapons level up? So much stuff, sure it all unlocks slow but I don't know what's the best.

Switched back to a moderate NAT, and I'm doing so much better it's not even funny. Killing in no less than 3 bullets with my M27 now. Almost feel sorry for the people on the other end. Except not really. Seriously,what the fuck, treyarch.

EDIT: Heh, of course that doesn't stop people from camping, and picking hijacked over and over again.

EDIT2: Or ridiculous spawns.

Quick

Banned
Point, shoot, kill, reload. Try not to get killed.

Personally, there's no strategy to play COD MP. Just have some fun.

eek5

Anyone else feel like the Scar H recoils like crazy?

It's the worst AR imo. No point in having an assault rifle if you can't even go 1v1 against someone headglitching. 4 bursts to kill someone behind cover? LOL. You pretty much HAVE to put the grip on it which costs a point. Might as well just use one of the SMGs at that point w/ long barrel since that's pretty much your killing range anyway.

Push up and cap their flag then circle in and cap B while they're capping your original flag. I think DOM is a lot better in BO2 because of the second round (although the winning team will stack up pointstreaks which kind of unbalances it) but it gives the team with the shittier spawn a chance since most of the m aps have a clear advantage in one direction.

Well, it's still easier than trying to shoot a rocket at it.

Only takes 1s to lock on to UAV w/ the second launcher.

This guy really made my blood boil. I don't mind that he kicked our ass, but the fact he's flying that shit made me so mad, I practically screamed at him after the match. Reported him and all, but I doubt it'll do ANY good with the way things work. :(

Top Bottom