• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Switched back to a moderate NAT, and I'm doing so much better it's not even funny. Killing in no less than 3 bullets with my M27 now. Almost feel sorry for the people on the other end. Except not really. Seriously,what the fuck, treyarch.

EDIT: Heh, of course that doesn't stop people from camping, and picking hijacked over and over again.

How can I try that?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's fucking amazing. I still can't play the damn game. I keep crashing (blackscreen) every 10 minutes.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
This guy really made my blood boil. I don't mind that he kicked our ass, but the fact he's flying that shit made me so mad, I practically screamed at him after the match. Reported him and all, but I doubt it'll do ANY good with the way things work. :(

Honestly i dont find this that bad, it's like he/she's an evil character and your mission is to kick his ass, dont scream at him, he clearly wont care

Why does the KSG suck SO bad? I have long barrel and laser sight, and I'm completely whiffing shots with guys two feet in front of me with their backs turned. I feel like if I had a handful of wet spaghetti noodles and toss them half-assed at the guy, it would kill him quicker. Anyone else having this much trouble with the KSG? It's like the shotguns are getting progressively worse with each new unlock. Please tell me the last one is better...

See everyone using select fire FALs now. Even Sandy Ravage, posted a vid with a similar setup, just with an SMR. Ah, this is bringing back Uncharted MP memories for some reason.

This guy really made my blood boil. I don't mind that he kicked our ass, but the fact he's flying that shit made me so mad, I practically screamed at him after the match. Reported him and all, but I doubt it'll do ANY good with the way things work. :(

It does. Vonderhaar said when the original Black Ops came out that anyone caught using a swastika as an emblem was getting their Xbox Live accounts permanently banned.

aku:jiki

Isn't there still an option to report the player in-game? Press A on his name to bring up a menu, and report player should be one of the options. I snitch on all swastikas, and if the kid who has an emblem of like a cow fucking a dolphin fucking a rabbit is being an annoying little bitch in game, I report that too.

Why does the KSG suck SO bad? I have long barrel and laser sight, and I'm completely whiffing shots with guys two feet in front of me with their backs turned. I feel like if I had a handful of wet spaghetti noodles and toss them half-assed at the guy, it would kill him quicker. Anyone else having this much trouble with the KSG? It's like the shotguns are getting progressively worse with each new unlock. Please tell me the last one is better...
It's not a spread shotgun, it fires one pellet and the accuracy is awful with hipfire. You must aim it to get the kill, and if you do, it has massive range compared to other shotguns. It's basically a medium range sniper rifle.

VaLiancY

I don't think the other assault rifles are bad. The maps are small so people will pick the weapon that's the most versatile which happens to be the FAL/SMR with select fire. The best thing I think would be feasible is up the recoil more in full auto because I don't feel a damn thing(I don't run grip).

LowParry

How long does it take for videos to be uploaded into youtube. I need to show everyone the power of the shotgun with this game. Yes, I'm an enabler of this behavior but my inner demon laughs at the people who rage about it.

And the Robobcop vid of Max is funny as hell. Good job Max! It'd be fun as hell to play with ya some time.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Depth of Field graphics setting is it worth having this on in multiplayer ?

-TK-

It still amazes me how 99% of players are complete morons without any sense of map awareness and are just rushing everywhere without thinking anything.

Game starts:
---> almost everyone rushes to the other side of the map
---> they die
---> they respawn and the cycle starts again
---> rushing begins again and they die again
---> because everyone is running in different parts of the map, they will start spawning randomly everywhere
---> which causes spawn kills to happen * insert some complaint about bad spawns here*
---> they die, die, die... until they have something like 3-15
---> "player one disconnected due transmission error"

eek5

It still amazes me how 99% of players are complete morons without any sense of map awareness and are just rushing everywhere without thinking anything.

Game starts:
---> almost everyone rushes to the other side of the map
---> they die
---> they respawn and the cycle starts again
---> rushing begins again and they die again
---> because everyone is running in different parts of the map, they will start spawning randomly everywhere
---> which causes spawn kills to happen * insert some complaint about bad spawns here*
---> they die, die, die... until they have something like 3-15
---> "player one disconnected due transmission error"

This is why I now only rush to the center of the map and camp there for the entire game. People can call me camper all they want. I don't give a fuck lol

LowParry

This is why I now only rush to the center of the map and camp there for the entire game. People can call me camper all they want. I don't give a fuck lol

I generally set a small path I go back and forth from depending on the map. Dome for example is inside the assembly structure. Two floors to patrol unless you see where people spawn then you can camp that area till they're done then move back to your patrol. Easy kills all around if you play it safe.

Acinixys

Just started using shotguns lol, very fun on small levels!

I'm just using the first one with a laser sight and long barrel thing...... is that the best set up?

Yes. 870 is the best. The KSG (Shoots slugs and not buckshot) is too inconsistent to be any real use

Anybody tried using the SMR with select fire? I'm wondering if it does have a lot more recoil then the FAL or if its just me.

FAL does have way less, especially if you're spamming it in semi-auto

I am new to COD, Black Ops 2 is the first one I have ever played or owned.

Can someone give me a quick breakdown of online? What weapons should I be using, any tips or anything really. Apparently weapons level up? So much stuff, sure it all unlocks slow but I don't know what's the best.
Just play the game man. You're going to be terrible for a while, just pick what you have fun with.

GodofWine

Definitely not (on PS3)

Game still has the worst netcode in the history of netcode

I cant say that ive had any "odd " lag other than when they put you in a lobby full of people speaking a different language. Maybe that's cause in the northeast corridor there are so many people playing its not strange to have lobbies full of people that live within 200 miles of eachother.

"Best" connection preference also improved performance. I also tried going wireless (52% connection strength) but I definitely play better with my ps3 wired running at 30d/6up than wireless at 5d/1up, and I have no issue with hosting. Kill cam's are showing me pretty much what I think happened, with the usual small amount of lag that's unavoidable.

RS4-

See everyone using select fire FALs now. Even Sandy Ravage, posted a vid with a similar setup, just with an SMR. Ah, this is bringing back Uncharted MP memories for some reason.

You mean hip fire with xx gun then melee in the face? UC3 was so bad when I got it, sold it a week later lol.

Fantasmo

You know, I may just try removing my forward ports and giving myself a moderate NAT. That just may be the ticket.
Hm.. fuck it I don't care anymore. Wanna win? Forget NAT leave it open. Forget DMZ leave it on UPnP if that's what you have already. I wasted weeks on that and redoing my connections and contemplated a better monitor or a wired controller. Forget headphones, Awareness perk, drop shotting, etc. Nothing worked. I'm always behind. Leave Search quality on Best. I played with extreme concentration and that didn't work.

Just stream a 1080p video while playing. If that's not enough stream 2. Go to Youtube set a filter for long videos.

Boom. You'll run circles around your enemies. Where you aim is where you hit. Your bullets will land on your opponent not to the left or right, and you'll get the shots around the corner and your spins in CQC will start first. You'll be the guy who they keep watching the Killcam and Theater about. Your shots will land where they belong, like magic. You don't need to drop it to 1 bar. It'll still show 4, possibly 3. As an added bonus you'll never get host.

Do it before every match.

The fuckin game is broken. If you're anything like me you'll realize its not even worth playing competitive games anymore. MW2 worked normally but nothing since. Fuck CoD and fuck Activision. Your shit makes more than Quake and Unreal ever did combined and it makes it annually. Bring back dedicated servers. Leave matchmaking where it belongs. Coop games and fighting games (1on1).

Shadybiz

Damn, PS3 just froze up again. Really makes me nervous when that happens.

Before that, though, I was having some fantastic games using the Skorpion:

Skorpion w/ laser sight
Crossbow
Betties
Blackhat
Lightweight
Scavenger
Dexterity/Engineer

Fantastic results. I don't think I've had a 3+ kdr since I started. Hacking enemies' Betties really helps.

Fox Mulder

I haven't played this in a few days, but got an update this morning, and now my 360 sounds like a fucking jet engine only with this game. I even have the game installed to my HDD and was just playing forza horizon fine.

I set my NAT to moderate and didn't really notice a difference. Still had 4 bars, still saw people juttering half the time. The game is just shit netcode wise. Plain and simple.

Radec

Work in progress
4IDM9.jpg

:D

Do they finally explain what the fucking numbers mean? Or will they explain it in blops 3 or through dlc?

(Forgot if they already did in number 1)

aku:jiki

Do they finally explain what the fucking numbers mean? Or will they explain it in blops 3 or through dlc?

(Forgot if they already did in number 1)
Weren't they coordinates to the ship at the end of the game? I barely paid attention to the story but something like that.

Top Bottom