• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

ok that's no good. I do care and then yea that makes UAV overpowered a bit but it won't matter in the end with a full party.

UAV-COUNTER-BLACKBIRD.

I'm ready for monday night.

Haha I'm playing solo cause none of my friends got the game early.

UAV right now is the same thing as a blackbird (Orbital VSAT) except it's not directional. Cause a UAV right now lights up everybody lol.

Card Boy

Banned
What are wildcards?

They are optional sub-perks you can choose. There is a Wild card for holding a extra grenade for example. There are also Wildcards that let you have an extra Tier 1, 2 or 3 perk. So if you want to run both Ghost and Blind Eye you can. But choosing a Wildcare wastes a point out of your 10. So 6 perks = 6 points, but since 3 is the max you had to use 3 wildcards to get another 3 perks, hence why i said it costs 9 points.

demolitio

The XM8 (or M8 depending on the game) has to be the most successful unsuccessful gun in history. It implodes and still manages to make it in numerous games years and years after the fact. I wonder if they're getting licensing fees on their gun that doesn't exist when games use it with the real name and design and all that.

It might have cost them millions after the gun failed, but slowly, they make it back penny by penny. :p

The weapon list in this game just seems really scattered though. It's nice in a way, but I'd love to hear how they decided which guns to put in and which to cut, especially since a lot of the MW weapons were near future in many ways. Now we have past, current, near future, and some more creative ones, lol. A decent mix at least, but still want to know how they made their decisions.

I like the vibrant colors on some of the maps.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The online menus are pretty slick, and the lobby menu reminds me of Halo 2, just black and orange instead.

I may be getting an extra copy of Halo 4, and if so, I might trade it in for BO2 whenever I fly back, because between what I played on LAN a month back and the new changes on paper, it sounds like it'll be great.

I'll be watching out for impressions once the rest of the world gets it though.

Games are so onesided because the OP UAV. It's fucking ridiculous. Once the other team gets a UAV, you might as well fuckin quit and try getting a new game.

Ghost is a lvl 55 unlock right now, so everybody appears on radar.

UAV = Blackbird right now.

It's so fucking frustrating playing against people who know where you are at all times.
And it all comes down to teammates who give them one UAV, which then leads to unlimited UAVs from there team, while my team loses 75-35 or in that ballpark.

Or occasionally, it's the other way around and i do well cause of UAVs.

EDIT: Counter UAV is a high lvl unlock as well.

It's so fucking frustrating playing against people who know where you are at all times.
And it all comes down to teammates who give them one UAV, which then leads to unlimited UAVs from there team, while my team loses 75-35 or in that ballpark.

Not too mention ghost is gimped so that unless you're sprinting you show up on the enemy radar...

Not too mention ghost is gimped so that unless you're sprinting you show up on the enemy radar...

I know it's ridiculous. It's like saying theres no anti air support perk and a chopper is a 3 killstreak. Or there is no flak jacket, but grenades do double damage in this game etc...

I'm just grinding my way to 55 and then loving my ghost forever on after. The thing is that it takes a while to get there, so I have to keep playing these BS games. My gameplay has never been so inconsistent. Fuckin ridiculous and VERY frustrating.

oh? I didn't know that you couldn't choose when to unlock your killstreaks. Wasn't Blops like that? Or am I thinking of a different CoD?

I know it's ridiculous. It's like saying theres no anti air support perk and a chopper is a 3 killstreak. Or there is no flak jacket, but grenades do double damage in this game etc...

I'm just grinding my way to 55 and then loving my ghost forever on after. The thing is that it takes a while to get there, so I have to keep playing these BS games. My gameplay has never been so inconsistent. Fuckin ridiculous and VERY frustrating.

sorry man but that sounds very good to me.

What level is counter UAV?

"Ghost is a level 55 unlock and Counter UAV is a level 33 unlock."

From random posters on various internet forums.

Better rock that mini rocket launcher. The Stinger is a lvl 4 unlock.

Victrix

*beard*
Or take FMJ and shoot it down

UAVs were omnipresent in CoD4 and the world didn't end. People are too used to being able to run Assassin in MW3 or Ghost in BO with absolutely no downside.

The removal of Stopping Power made anti-UAV perks too easy to take. I'm glad you have to expend some minimum of effort in BO2 to stay off the radar.

I honestly don't even think I can get to lvl 55. I think I'm done with this game. Even with ghost, I'll still appear on radar often.

I'll still enjoy the rest of the story and tons of zombies, but looks like way less hours in a Black Ops game again. I had 987 in MW3. Sucks this game is not balanced with UAV.

UAVs were so common in MW3, but at least you could counter them. In Black Ops, not too many people used them and you could counter it. Same in MW3, people used other killstreaks and it was counterable.

Now in this game, a lot more people will run UAV than in MW2 and Blops because it's not counterable. A max lvl unlock means 99% of the community won't have ghost. The only people that will are gonna be who don't prestige or people who unlocked it and even then ghost still appears on radar. Can't even reload without having to run into other people, instead of being smart and doing it standing still in a low traffic area.

EDIT: Also for anybody who cares, 1.95k/d and 0.91w/l for me with 20 wins and 624 kills. Every playercard i've checked has had a 0.50 to 1.60ish range. Even youtubers that I ran into (Wingsofredemption and JJgag[jagrawrr]) were playing poorly. There is no flow to the game when everybody is on radar. Try capping a flag when the whole team knows you're going there or planting a bomb etc...

I've been off radar since WaW rocking camouflage 8) This game would be fine if UAV wasn't such a low killstreak. The reason I use Assassin in MW3 is because i practically have to because the enemy team has UAV 24/7 cause of support. So now in Blops II, enemy has UAV 24/7, yet you can't stop it. Wonder whos genius idea this was.

Victrix

*beard*
Shoot it down or run CUAV. You're spoiled from easy radar invisibility :p

And they've said you can spend a prestige token to unlock an item permanently, so you can take Ghost forward if you don't want to use launchers/FMJ/a bunch of bullets

I honestly don't even think I can get to lvl 55. I think I'm done with this game. Even with ghost, I'll still appear on radar often.

I'll still enjoy the rest of the story and tons of zombies, but looks like way less hours in a Black Ops game again. I had 987 in MW3. Sucks this game is not balanced with UAV.

UAVs were so common in MW3, but at least you could counter them. In Black Ops, not too many people used them and you could counter it. Same in MW3, people used other killstreaks and it was counterable.

Now in this game, a lot more people will run UAV than in MW2 and Blops because it's not counterable. A max lvl unlock means 99% of the community won't have ghost. The only people that will are gonna be who don't prestige or people who unlocked it and even then ghost still appears on radar. Can't even reload without having to run into other people, instead of being smart and doing it standing still in a low traffic area.

EDIT: Also for anybody who cares, 1.95k/d and 0.91w/l for me with 20 wins and 624 kills. Every playercard i've checked has had a 0.50 to 1.60ish range. Even youtubers that I ran into (Wingsofredemption and JJgag[jagrawrr]) were playing poorly. There is no flow to the game when everybody is on radar. Try capping a flag when the whole team knows you're going there or planting a bomb etc...

I've been off radar since WaW rocking camouflage 8) This game would be fine if UAV wasn't such a low killstreak. The reason I use Assassin in MW3 is because i practically have to because the enemy team has UAV 24/7 cause of support. So now in Blops II, enemy has UAV 24/7, yet you can't stop it. Wonder whos genius idea this was.

Why don't you just shoot it down?

I guess I just need a break. I've been on for way too many hours in a row. I'll see how tomorrow goes. I guess it's also double frustrating cause everybody online is super good cause no casual gamer gets the game early. 1.95k/d and 0.91 w/l are sooooo bad. It's not even fun cause I rarely get killstreaks cause the other team has radar all the time.

Why don't you just shoot it down?

Well, first I have to spend a point on the launcher. Then when I hear about a UAV (WHICH IS ALL THE TIME) I have to look up the sky and try to find it, while their are buildings in the way etc.. Or what if i'm indoors and on a killstreak and then bam I have to waste my time taking out a UAV. And the whole time I look in the sky, anybody can shoot me, and i appear on radar once the rocket launches. Then right after it's destroyed....a new one is called in.

I'd rather have my normal class without spending a point on it and be able to play normally. Why does everybody need to know where the enemies are 24/7?

I find 6 v 6 everybody uses assassins games very fun and skillful over 6 v 6 nobody has assassin and everybody knows where you are and where you're heading.

EDIT: Also about the counter uav argument. Good luck getting a 600 scorestreak while the enemy knows where you are at all times. And it unlocks lvl 33.

fuenf

I guess I just need a break. I've been on for way too many hours in a row. I'll see how tomorrow goes. I guess it's also double frustrating cause everybody online is super good cause no casual gamer gets the game early. 1.95k/d and 0.91 w/l are sooooo bad. It's not even fun cause I rarely get killstreaks cause the other team has radar all the time.

wtf?

I havent gotten the game yet (picking up the PS3 version today) but i think you need to give it some more time. It's normal for the UAV to be overpowered when nobody knows the maps yet / has a clue on how to play them. Things might balance themselves out once players know where to expect the enemy (without UAV), know the best spots to shoot down an UAV and you might even be able to bait other players.

Well, first I have to spend a point on the launcher. Then when I hear about a UAV (WHICH IS ALL THE TIME) I have to look up the sky and try to find it, while their are buildings in the way etc.. Or what if i'm indoors and on a killstreak and then bam I have to waste my time taking out a UAV. And the whole time I look in the sky, anybody can shoot me, and i appear on radar once the rocket launches. Then right after it's destroyed....a new one is called in.

I'd rather have my normal class without spending a point on it and be able to play normally. Why does everybody need to know where the enemies are 24/7?

I find 6 v 6 everybody uses assassins games very fun and skillful over 6 v 6 nobody has assassin and everybody knows where you are and where you're heading.

I can see how that can be annoying and it sucks that CUAV is at a bit of a high level unlock. Just gotta go with the flow.

Hello stingers.

wtf?

I havent gotten the game yet (picking up the PS3 version today) but i think you need to give it some more time. It's normal for the UAV to be overpowered when nobody knows the maps yet / has a clue on how to play them. Things might balance themselves out once players know where to expect the enemy (without UAV), know best spots to shoot down an UAV and you might even be able to bait other players.

Yeah most games it is the beginning is like that. Assassins was a lvl 26 unlock and then I had it for the duration of the game. Here it's a lvl 55 unlock and I guess I'll have spend a token to have it for the duration of the game which is cool with me. The running thing is meh but I can definitely deal with that. Just right now getting to lvl 55 is very rage inducing and I never get mad at CoD. I'm pretty calm.

I'll just be flanking or something and then BAM enemy UAV and their team just turns around and gets me.

mxgt

Banned
UAV spam has been prevalent for quite a while in COD

I'd wait for a couple of weeks before making knee-jerk reactions about how the game is going to be, to be honest.

UAV spam has been prevalent for quite a while in COD

I'd wait for a couple of weeks before making knee-jerk reactions about how the game is going to be, to be honest.

Yeah by street date I'll prob be enjoying this more because I'll most likely already have ghost and I won't be playing super hardcore gamers all the time.

demolitio

Taking UAV's out is a hobby of mine so no big deal for me since I always carried a launcher. You're so worried about the UAV ruining the game but don't want to look at the sky and potentially ruin your killstreak then what is the point? Obviously, you think it's OP and you're going to die anyway with it up so at least take a shot at shoot it down. It takes no more than a few seconds yet you make it sound like it's a huge hassle.

My friend and I would tag team anything in the sky and nothing could last long because of it. We don't worry about the killstreaks, but the win and it actually helped our KDR anyway by playing that way. I rather take out any air asset than die 20 times by a chopper gunner.

I'm not saying it isn't currently unbalanced, but to be so angry over it when you haven't even tried to shoot it down seems a bit preemptive.

No offense, but hearing someone so dependent on bullshit like Ghost having a meltdown makes me feel a lot better about how this game is going to turn out.

No offense, but hearing someone so dependent on bullshit like Ghost melting down makes me feel a lot better about how this game is going to turn out.

Well it's completely different gameplay. I just don't get it though. Wasn't the objective to stop ghost users who camp in corners. Now they pretty much got rid of it entirely. If you're gonna make it running only, then don't make it the highest unlock.

It's just that everybody has their sights aimed down at me before I even know where they are because of radar. I think the problem is more the intelligent competition than uav/ghost itself right now. I'm sure I'd do alright against the world once they get the game. Even in MW3, the one game every prestige without assassin, I would do very well. Here it is so hit or miss. I either have a 5 k/d game or a negative one.

I'm not saying it isn't currently unbalanced, but to be so angry over it when you haven't even tried to shoot it down seems a bit preemptive.

I shot one down my first game ;) Cause the default class had the anti air launcher lol.

I hope more people uses UAV.

Much faster for me to earn scorestreaks lol.

Yeah playing in a party in this game will be very fun. I got annihilated against WingsOfRedemptions Party but they constantly had UAV and other killstreaks up. Those were two games where I think after the first UAV, it never ran out because they kept getting more.

Card Boy

Banned
Not really bothered by the nerfed Ghost. Only campers and pussies use it, like ELPRESSADOR i play in beast mode. If i stay in the same spot for more than 5 seconds then i'm camping, I run and gun. I loved the pre-nerfed Akimbo 1887's and FMG9's; best anti-camper weapons ever.

I got a 3.5 ratio in MW2, 2.5 in BO, 2.5 in MW3. I had a shit ratio in COD4 and W@W because of no local search and always red bars.

Top Bottom