• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

AHA-Lambda

This weeks episode of Invisible Walls on GT, Shane Satterfiled makes comments on Black Ops II at the end of the episode (42 min mark). He talks about wanting to see the reaction of "trolls" they get commenting on how they love CoD.

The thing is, the way he phrased his comments either the game is awesome and totally different from its predecessors or it could be taken in quite a negative slant. This game better not turn out rubbish =/

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/grjtx1/invisible-walls-episode-232--the-wii-u-hotline

Spookie

Shane is a joke, he's been rabid fanboy on CoD for years regardless of any issues in the past he'd merely dismiss them as childish whining. You're better off looking else where for a more critical view of the game.

legacyzero

Banned
I think Yemen is looking like my favorite map so far.

This weeks episode of Invisible Walls on GT, Shane Satterfiled makes comments on Black Ops II at the end of the episode (42 min mark). He talks about wanting to see the reaction of "trolls" they get commenting on how they love CoD.

The thing is, the way he phrased his comments either the game is awesome and totally different from its predecessors or it could be taken in quite a negative slant. This game better not turn out rubbish =/

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/grjtx1/invisible-walls-episode-232--the-wii-u-hotline

Dont give a fuck about what Satterfield has to say after GT gave GOTY to MW2 on ALL PLATFORMS, and in general. This is the same year Uncharted 2 and other awesome games came out.

I hate that guy. It may just be me though.

I see some people relied on Assassin a little too much in MW3. lol

I have always hated the fact that people could hide from the radar entirely, so I welcome all these changes. That perk was ridiculously overpowered in MW3 and I predicted a lot of people were going to be upset with this game in the MW3 thread a couple months ago.

I saw you mention quitting out of the match when the other team gets UAV. Is there still basically no penalty for quitting in this game? :/

I wouldn't be able to tell you because I never actually quit. I just posted saying that cause the game is pretty much over. I never quit dashboard or whatever. I need my xp and match bonus lol

About assassin, I don't think it was just MW3. This is the first Call of Duty so far where UAV is so powerful.

What makes the UAV so powerful? I played my first 4 matches only and didnt notice any difference.

Well in the early stages of the game, everybody is on radar with UAV, so it's like UAV is a blackbird right now, but it's a really low scorestreak.

It shouldn't be as bad after the first week of the game or so.

AHA-Lambda

Dont give a fuck about what Satterfield has to say after GT gave GOTY to MW2 on ALL PLATFORMS, and in general. This is the same year Uncharted 2 and other awesome games came out.

I hate that guy. It may just be me though.

I totally agree with you, but I have always found him to be reliable as a massive CoD fanboy =/

fuenf

Well in the early stages of the game, everybody is on radar with UAV, so it's like UAV is a blackbird right now, but it's a really low scorestreak.

It shouldn't be as bad after the first week of the game or so.

but that's just wrong. A Blackbird tracks your movement in real time, the UAV doesnt. Sure everybody lights up, but it's not game breaking. There's even a default class with the Ghost perk...

but that's just wrong. A Blackbird tracks your movement in real time, the UAV doesnt. Sure everybody lights up, but it's not game breaking. There's even a default class with the Ghost perk...

:O Mind Blown. If it's halfway decent, I'll use it lol. And yeah callin it a blackbird is an exaggeration cause it doesn't show directions too etc.. but you get the point. Everybody is on radar. I guess except the default class users, but there are very few of them.

fuenf

:O Mind Blown. If it's halfway decent, I'll use it lol. And yeah callin it a blackbird is an exaggeration cause it doesn't show directions too etc.. but you get the point. Everybody is on radar. I guess except the default class users, but there are very few of them.

I didnt like the class at all tbh, it's decent but you get C4 instead of grenades which renders it useless imo.

Can the UAV be shot down?

Its been awhile since I've played Blops 1, but Blackbird was my favorite streak, showing all players regardless of ghost perks, coudln't be shot down, and even showed facing direction.

Sounds like this UAV is simply a UAV, what makes it different than your other standard COD UAVs?

fuenf

Can the UAV be shot down?

Its been awhile since I've played Blops 1, but Blackbird was my favorite streak, showing all players regardless of ghost perks, coudln't be shot down, and even showed facing direction.

Sounds like this UAV is simply a UAV, what makes it different than your other standard COD UAVs?

It's just a normal UAV. It can be shot down, the only real difference is that Ghost is now a Lv 55 unlock.

edit: also you get +10 points for every UAV assist

rbanke

Is the 2025 map in all first run copies? The amazon page says the code for it will be in it. They aren't offering release day shipping so I'll probably just show up at WalMart at midnight and pick it up but I'm wondering if I'll miss out on that map.

There's even a default class with the Ghost perk...

I'm using it and loving it right now. Just had 2 great games back to back and the gun on the class is awesome too. It's just too bad I can't lvl up the gun yet cause it's not unlocked so im missing out on the 1000xp each time you lvl your gun, but it's worth it.

Is the 2025 map in all first run copies? The amazon page says the code for it will be in it. They aren't offering release day shipping so I'll probably just show up at WalMart at midnight and pick it up but I'm wondering if I'll miss out on that map.
It's supposed to be in all first run copies, but some people who got the game early from mom and pop stores have reported not getting the code.

fuenf

Has anyone has the chance to try out League Play yet? The supposed leaked screenshots pointed towards there being two leagues: the Treyarch World League and the Treyarch Champions Leagues. The Champions League required a team of 4, does the World League have the same requirement?

There are two leagues: Mosh-Pit and Champions League.

Mosh-Pit: 6 vs 6, no splitscreen, matchmaking based on playerrank
Champions League: 4 vs 4, no split screen, matchmaking based on player- and teamrank

You dont need to be in a party for the Mosh-Pit, no idea about the CL though.

I'm using it and loving it right now. Just had 2 great games back to back and the gun on the class is awesome too. It's just too bad I can't lvl up the gun yet cause it's not unlocked so im missing out on the 1000xp each time you lvl your gun, but it's worth it.

glad i could help :)

netBuff

It's supposed to be in all first run copies, but some people who got the game early from mom and pop stores have reported not getting the code.

I'm pretty sure that only concerns the Wii U version (Wii U won't be getting Nuketown as a pre-order bonus) and PC version (the game unlock key includes the Nuketown unlock) of the game.

Pingoreous

My reflexes are not what they used to be so i rely on the few seconds Assassin/Ghost gave me to win gun fights. But with MW3 and the PP90 Ive learned to to run and gun and i can't play slow anymore.I find it interesting that you have to be on the run to be effected with ghost. The community or you will find a way to be effective soon enough.

Don't trash all Assassin/Ghost users. Some of us are just old and want to compete with the youngsters.

Makoto

There are two leagues: Mosh-Pit and Champions League.

Mosh-Pit: 6 vs 6, no splitscreen, matchmaking based on playerrank
Champions League: 4 vs 4, no split screen, matchmaking based on player- and teamrank

You dont need to be in a party for the Mosh-Pit, no idea about the CL though.
Thanks.

sephi22

Played a few games in multiplayer. As expected, I'm horrible.
My worst was 8-17. My best was 8-3.

But somehow, I like it. Its not too hard to get into. If there's anyone else out there who's wondering if this should be their first COD, I say go for it.

Played a few games in multiplayer. As expected, I'm horrible.
My worst was 8-17. My best was 8-3.

But somehow, I like it. Its not too hard to get into. If there's anyone else out there who's wondering if this should be their first COD, I say go for it.

Thats what COD is for me.

I play to have fun; I dont care at all about k/d ratio

I just run around the map. Its really fun. :)

protonion

Some nice surprises in the campaign!

Also ps3 owners don't worry about performance. I played a couple of matches and its smooth. It also loads way faster than before.

For some reason I suck a lot atm even though I play since mw.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I don't know who they brought in for the visuals, but they really made the game shine like no other CoD before it, and I've been watching a stream for the past two hours now and things like the DoF blur look great in this one.

Even better is how I've seen this guy and people attacking him missing each other with knives at ranges that should have killed in previous CoDs - thank you, finally.

fuenf

Damn they screwed up the "mute all but party" option. It's not really a mode / setting it just mute everyones but your party, this means that when new players join you'll still have to mute than. Oh well at least it's better than before.

Pingoreous

Activision developed a Modified engine for this game and it will be scalable for NEXT GEN systems. UbiSoft also developed a new engine for Assassin's creed 3 in preparation for next gen. Its a smart move on their part.

Activision developed a Modified engine for this game and it will be scalable for NEXT GEN systems. UbiSoft also developed a new engine for Assassin's creed 3 in preparation for next gen. Its a smart move on their part.

Yeah, Blops 2 actually has dx11 support too...I'm just hoping it performs decently. I'm about to fire about Blops 1 on my new laptop and see how it runs.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If MW4 and AC3: Subtitle go cross gen both companies are just going to port the PC version at max settings, increase the res and call it a day.

If MW4 and AC3: Subtitle go cross gen both companies are just going to port the PC version at max settings, increase the res and call it a day.

well for the first iteration, wouldn't that be enough ? I mean they will probably make some changes down the road but I think it should be fine

fuenf

The new non-region based matchmaking sucks so far, hope it will be better once the game officially launches, but I have yet to see a game without at least 2 or 3 players having a yellow ping.

Spookie

well for the first iteration, wouldn't that be enough ? I mean they will probably make some changes down the road but I think it should be fine

If I remember correctly they've been doing that since CoD 2. It's time for a new engine.

The new non-region based matchmaking sucks so far, hope it will be better once the game officially launches, but I have yet to see a game without at least 2 or 3 players having a yellow ping.

If you don't want to use P2P matchmaking you're going to have to buy a PC. :(

sephi22

I love the matchmaking. MW2 was laggy for me but this isnt.
I live in UAE but my PSN ID is USA ID. Still it always puts me in UAE lobbys with all green connections

Fitz

Anyone know if there is any kind of region restriction on the PC version? Wondering if buying the digital version from Amazon would work playing from Europe.

Top Bottom