• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Is there a glitch where you can get gold camo on your guns without having all the other camos? Because two of my guns are like that.

Just experienced this with the Kap-40. Got gold without completing the Skulls camo challenge.

The first game of the day for me..I joined a random kill confirmed lobby..but then got kicked out and it said "you have joined this session illegally." Nice, lol

BSsBrolly

Banned
Well, I just tried drop shotting for the first time ever. Never done it in any other COD either and it seems to negate any advantage opponents have with the lag. :)

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Well, I just tried drop shotting for the first time ever. Never done it in any other COD either and it seems to negate any advantage opponents have with the lag. :)

Yeah, I've seen more and more people do it nowadays. Question is, do they do it using a modded control or just change the control scheme to have the Right Stick as the crouch/prone button?

Yeah, I've seen more and more people do it nowadays. Question is, do they do it using a modded control or just change the control scheme to have the Right Stick as the crouch/prone button?

Yup. Just change the stick layout to tactical. Doesn't really seem that effective in this game though tbh. Feel like i give the enemy a free head shot more often than not. Still do it though since I can't get a knife kill to save my life.

MechDX

Agreed.

It's annoying that these modes count towards an overall KDR. I'll sacrifice myself to get an objective, but the first thing everyone asks is, "What's your kdr?" not "What's your w/l ratio?"

yep. Also kill confirmed when someone gets a kill then runs the opposite damn way instead of collecting the tags....

Ok so I am understanding weapon prestige correctly that if you prestige a gun, you lose all attachments and can redo challenges, but you don't lose the camos, right? But I just read somewhere that if you character prestige, you lose all the camos anyway. Is this true?

I'm finally beginning to see the light..

FAL + Suppressor + Target Finder + Select Fire

Now waiting for Ghost..

I have that and use it with ghost. I run out of ammo though fairly quickly though, so I have to pick up someone else, if I want to get a nice streak going.

"I'm sick of this asshole, get rid of him"

Okay, that was awesome.

I like all the random comments in this game.

"Get this dickweed out of my sight"

"Wanna get paid? Move it!"

"I got you"

"Sniper! Get down!"

"Time to earn your worth"

"The checks has been cleared lets do this"

And many others.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
So...I am on I believe the 4th or 5th mission the campaign, the first one in which they decide to make the mistake of putting in half assed RTS elements in the game.

Many more missions like this? They annoy me.

So...I am on I believe the 4th or 5th mission the campaign, the first one in which they decide to make the mistake of putting in half assed RTS elements in the game.

Many more missions like this? They annoy me.
I skipped all the strike force stuff. It was VERY bad. Horrible controls, just confusing and slow and boring. You don't gotta do them.

Just experienced this with the Kap-40. Got gold without completing the Skulls camo challenge.

The first game of the day for me..I joined a random kill confirmed lobby..but then got kicked out and it said "you have joined this session illegally." Nice, lol

Gosh, stop breaking the law man. You'll get arrested next time!

Ok so I am understanding weapon prestige correctly that if you prestige a gun, you lose all attachments and can redo challenges, but you don't lose the camos, right? But I just read somewhere that if you character prestige, you lose all the camos anyway. Is this true?

You never lose camos ever. Character prestiging just puts you back to lvl 1 and requires you to lvl up and unlock things again. Everything else stays the same.

Halcyon

No you keep all camos and target redicles through either prestige.

Is it me or has the skill portion of the matchmaking been toned down a bit? I'm getting easier lobbies today all of sudden, anyone else noticed a difference?

Shadybiz

Is it me or has the skill portion of the matchmaking been toned down a bit? I'm getting easier lobbies today all of sudden, anyone else noticed a difference?

Maybe a little. Just went I think 29-18 in kill confirmed with my Tac-45 class. I don't usually score that high, especially not with a pistol.

Z3M0G

Cliche I'm sure, but just won a TDM by hitting a guy in the side of the head with a grenade. Need to figure out how to get that on youtube...

How would y'all rate map design between games? I haven't played BLOPS1 or MW3.

For me it's a no brainer MW1 > MW2 >>>>>>>BLOPS2 > WAW

My favorite in the series is definitely MW2 > MW1 (very close second) >> WAW >>> BLOPS2

The Scar is nerfed in BLOPS2.
For me none of these maps come close to Firing Range, Summit or Havana. It's still early days but in blops I knew 2 weeks into the game that those would be classics for me. Only Meltdown actually feels like a Black ops style map.

Nome

For me none of these maps come close to Firing Range, Summit or Havana. It's still early days but in blops I knew 2 weeks into the game that those would be classics for me. Only Meltdown actually feels like a Black ops style map.
I feel the exact same way.

Blops 1 >>> MW 1 >> Blops 2 = MW 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> MW 3

What Blops 2 does fairly well is create memorable layouts in terms of prop usage and landmarks. Raid is a really good example here, even if you don't like the map--it's got very defined shapes, a clear flow, and you're never really confused about where on the map you are. It's a space that you could see existing in the real world. MW3 is the exact opposite; it's small, nondescript rooms connected by corridors. Props are all over the place, and make no sense in the context of where they are from a visual standpoint.

Blops 1 just dumps all over the other games in this regard. Everything makes sense, the maps are designed with all types of weapons in mind, there's a ton of niche avenues to flank opponents, and there's a ton of risk in getting to the most advantageous positions. Wanna get to that awesome sniper spot? Better climb a ladder for 10 seconds where everyone can see you across the entire map.

What Blops 2 does fairly well is create memorable layouts in terms of prop usage and landmarks. Raid is a really good example here, even if you don't like the map--it's got very defined shapes, a clear flow, and you're never really confused about where on the map you are. It's a space that you could see existing in the real world. MW3 is the exact opposite; it's small, nondescript rooms connected by corridors. Props are all over the place, and make no sense in the context of where they are from a visual standpoint.

Blops 1 just dumps all over the other games in this regard. Everything makes sense, the maps are designed with all types of weapons in mind, there's a ton of niche avenues to flank opponents, and there's a ton of risk in getting to the most advantageous positions. Wanna get to that awesome sniper spot? Better climb a ladder for 10 seconds where everyone can see you across the entire map.

You have good taste in maps. I didn't play much MW2, but I agree with everything else you stated.

The one caveat, of course, is that I'm not sure MW1's maps would work given all the new conditions of play (perks/scorestreaks/etc.), but I'm inclined to believe they would.

Card Boy

Banned
UAV should work the way a Sensor mines works in Battlefield and just covers one area of the map, you would call it in the same way you do Lightning strike. I hate the way UAVs can see indoors. I think this is a perfectly reasonable way of doing things.

Also the game would be better without Lightning Strike, RC-XD, Hunter Killer Drones, Stealth Choppers and Hellfire missiles.

Wheres my barebones playlist?

I'm Prestige 2 and have never seen K9 Dogs in this game.

aku:jiki

Gotta disagree with that. I love MW1 as much as the next guy but it had some truly awful maps like Bog, Countdown, Showdown and perhaps the two worst maps in the series, Bloc and Wetwork.

MW3 does have the worst maps overall though, with poor flow and, like you said, way too much junk littering every part of every map and it only serves to hinder and ruin firefights instead of enhancing them.

No word on making the footsteps louder? In S&D i can't tell if the enemy is close by. I liked being able to hear someone coming up the steps in black ops and preparing for it.

@Gez.

I think i remember seeing dogs once. I honesty don't really remember. That should tell you how often it's used. Ha.

Went into league play and noticed they added a team deathmatch series now (solo only). So you have 3 series' to choose from. All start in 8 hours and 30ish minutes.

Boost

Banned
What are the chances they fix the hit detection and or lag issues?
5HoSx.png

gogogow

Holy shit, just went into a on-going match of Domination. Spawned in front of a Guardian, killed. Spawned in front of a Sentry gun, killed. Spawned in the middle of a firefight, killed. And then spawned again in front of the guardian, sentry gun etc. Fucking terrible spawn system.

Got put into a demolition game when the final bomb we were defending was 2 second away from exploding. I.....just don't understand it, COD, Halo when you have JIP why not improve it so it doesn't screw players so much.

MrDaravon

So long story short the guy I was selling my copy of this to after the Nuketown debacle already got a copy, so I still have mine. I haven't played since launch weekend, have they done anything at all to address the lag/host issues and whatnot? Debating if I still want to just go ahead and sell it or not.

Got put into a demolition game when the final bomb we were defending was 2 second away from exploding. I.....just don't understand it, COD, Halo when you have JIP why not improve it so it doesn't screw players so much.

Gotta love that feeling

Having a 10 win streak then losing it because you joined a game in progress where you're getting your ass handed to you.

PSYGN

I'm 1.5kdr and I'm still seeing 1.5 to 2.5kdr often. I am not seeing very many around 1kdr or below, so I don't think skill based matchmaking changed. In MW3 it was uncommon to see more than three players that are 1.75+ kdr and above in the lobby for me, but I see it a lot in Black Ops 2 for some reason, which is fine but the lag is terribad and makes it even more frustrating. But it's comforting to know many others are experiencing the same bullshit.

It's why I've never cared about Win/Loss records in COD, they've done that since COD4. You get dumped into a game just as the timer is ticking down to a loss.
So many complain about people working on their K/D records over Win/Loss, but it's coz that's the record you actually have some control over....apart from some epic bad spawns.

I play to win for sure, but I don't get as pissed off as when I lose at Battlefield or Gears.

So long story short the guy I was selling my copy of this to after the Nuketown debacle already got a copy, so I still have mine. I haven't played since launch weekend, have they done anything at all to address the lag/host issues and whatnot? Debating if I still want to just go ahead and sell it or not.
Nothing regarding lag or connection issues have been patched let alone even acknowledged as an issue.

Top Bottom