• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Effect

If you rewind to redo a story mission do you have to redo the strike force mission you did after the mission originally? I want to redo
Suffer with me
but I just finished the strike force mission
Dispatch
successfully. That needed to be done right away after I had finished the mission in question. Would I have to redo that mission?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
This is easily the worst multiplayer game of all time. Every match is an unplayable laggy mess. They completely ruined zombies as well. I can't believe I wasted $60 on this broken piece of dog shit.

EVERY MATCH?

Platform? Is your nat open/dmz/ports forwarded?

Also, tons of people streaming the game and lag issues aren't constant.

This is easily the worst multiplayer game of all time. Every match is an unplayable laggy mess. They completely ruined zombies as well. I can't believe I wasted $60 on this broken piece of dog shit.

Forward your ports and put it in the DMZ. After I did this, maybe 10% of my matches lag.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just realized that the calling card for using Fast Hands effectively 100 times is a reference to the James Cameron movie Aliens.

image%5B17%5D.png

Nice.

I love how this game migrates host to me, then migrates again and kicks me. gj Treyarch.

Original Black Ops used to do this to my girlfriend ALL the time. It was infuriating. It would give her host for some unclear reason every time despite the fact she was on a low-tier connection at the time. Everything would be going great, then boom: host migration and she gets kicked to lobby. She had to stop playing it because Treyarch never fucking fixed it.

redhot_

Original Black Ops used to do this to my girlfriend ALL the time. It was infuriating. It would give her host for some unclear reason every time despite the fact she was on a low-tier connection at the time. Everything would be going great, then boom: host migration and she gets kicked to lobby. She had to stop playing it because Treyarch never fucking fixed it.

Damn just stopped eh. It only happens to me when im doing good lol, but often enough to get annoying.

Card Boy

Banned
Is it possible to do the first Strike Force mission on Veteran? Whats the strategy? What are the consequences of continuing the story if failing?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I was going to say they were being harsh but..

aQ8Qg.png

he does post a lot and 90% of that shit is complaining about how the game is broken for him. After a while it gets annoying lol

Speaking of, Sethos hasn't posted in here for a few days.

tinyedit:
Looks like he is banned, what did he do? lol.

adelante

Is it possible to do the first Strike Force mission on Veteran? Whats the strategy? What are the consequences of continuing the story if failing?

It affects the ending. AI's freakin dumb but yup it's possible. The three installations outside will definitely get destroyed so your job is to hold off the breach into the factory for as long as possible. I found it best to put both my strike teams at the cooling towers, no point having them out in the open while defending the satellite and transformer imho. And as often as I could, I'd manually control the sentries and Claw (you're gonna want to move it further behind near the transformer, making sure it faces the road and small building on the right..). There'll be an enemy Claw that shows up near the cooling tower later so I'd switch to one of the strike team members there to get rid of it, and those pesky dragonfires.

As soon as the enemies have destroyed all three installations, I quickly had both strike teams in the main factory room on the ground floor, each team covering either doorways on the left and right. While I controlled the turret and focused on dealing with the dragonfires that flew in, and enemies that came in from both sides on the second floor.

adelante

It certainly is the most ambitious COD campaign yet, with multiple endings, different choices to make, Strike Force missions..which I have no problems with, has its flaws but I can definitely see its potential.. if they had setting waypoint markers for teammates work like it does in the GRAW games, and if your teammates automatically take cover when they're near one, SF mode would've been fuckin awesome. Maybe that's their plan for BlackOps3.. evolve SF to play like GRAW. Would definitely break the monotony of just shooting your way through streets and corridors

Acinixys

You know the FPS genre has turned to shit when Call of Duty is the game that is inovating with its campaign lol.

If Battlefield 4 and the next MoH (if they ever make another one :/) dont innovate their SP beyond what it is now, i really have no hope for the military FPS genre. Theres only so much "follow this guy and then shoot some terrorists in a corridor HURR AMERICA FTW" i can take.

Oh man, was throwing emp grenades last night. Sounds soooo good on my sound system. Nice deep clarity and the Sound is shaking the house every time!

Also, too many game quitters dropping out about a 1/4 of the way through the 2nd rnd of domination ... they need a steeper penalty. Very frustrating when it's the host.

HELLA sweet, dude. Thanks!

My Thundercats Emblem:

WH0d5.png

^ that is awesome

Picked this up on Wii U yesterday, and I suck at it! Hoping it gets easier the more I can level up and get perks etc though.

I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of a proper manual -- the digital manual doesn't appear to cover the wii remote controls in detail for example. It appears to just say you can use one. Which I know. Figured it out eventually though, reckon it could be a great control setup if tweaked right -- anyone got any settings they want to share? Which is the best preset?

Slizz

how do you properly use a black hat?

Helps to have engineer so you can see enemy equipment, hold LB down until you get close enough and it hacks it. You can also hack Choppers and UAV's aiming at it with the blackhat and holding LB down, takes a lot longer to hack than equipment however.

Leunam

Helps to have engineer so you can see enemy equipment, hold LB down until you get close enough and it hacks it. You can also hack Choppers and UAV's aiming at it with the blackhat and holding LB down, takes a lot longer to hack than equipment however.

All this time I thought that was impossible. Just destroys them I guess?

Leunam

I knew about the sentry guns and Guardians but was in the dark about the others. Guess I'll be getting even more mileage out of Black Hats now.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I haven't played this in over a week and half, I should probably get back into it, but it isn't as easy to go back to the death and terrible net code as it was previous CoDs.

Fantasmo

There's a difference between what you're saying is going on, and what's actually going on. I'm not shocked at this though since I've had you on ignore for a long time. I doubt anyone here wants a circle jerk.

Constructive criticism is one thing, constant annoying complaining is another, especially when he has that many posts.

Also, if you're having "issues every match" you might want to look into your setup, because that's definitely not the norm.
I tore apart my setup, started from scratch with new cables and factory reset everything. Router, cable modem, called tech support, setup xbox port forwards, open nat, everything. While there are varying levels of connection, like all of you, for us our experience isn't good to bad, it's bad to worse.

That one video going around, is legit. The only thing that worked was opening multiple HD Youtube videos, which is when I was like screw that. My friend has FIOS so I don't know why he doesn't get cherry picked, but I do. That falls in line with what Vahn said (him having a great setup and not having problems). Whatever it is, it's not my setup. I did everything I was supposed to.

Look, some of us get really screwed, I'm not sure why, but trust me man, if you played here youd probably throw MY xbox out of my window lol. The latest cods are the ONLY games that do that.

I know I would love this game on a LAN. Hardpoint, Multi team, shock charges, all cool. But you cant have fun when 95% of matches are bad. Look at my scores from mw2 last page. Those aren't indicative of all my matches but I usually go positive unless the team is amazing, and even then even if my team is getting trashed, I can usually go positive.

With MW3 and BO2, I can't win 1 on 1's unless I flank, and even then I'm shooting air and my opponent has time to spin and kills me! That's... maddening.

Aku:jiki et al, i do recommend you go to another game. it does turn into shitting up a thread after awhile. trade it in and let everybody else enjoy it. To anyone, pm me if you like MW2 on 360. I enjoy s&d.

Look, some of us get really screwed, I'm not sure why, but trust me man, if you played here youd probably throw MY xbox out of my window lol. The latest cods are the ONLY games that do that.

I feel your pain. My shit is the same way and soooo noticeably worse than past games where it was an issue once and a while but dealable. My friends all thought I was just playing bad and/or bitching until a few of them came over for a football game. Afterwards I had them play it and they verified my sanity, or this case INsanity, as this pisses me off to no end. I have the highest available internet service money can buy around here. Heh, who knew if I had the cheapest/shittiest service in town, I'd probably be able to play this game much better. Sad, because I like the game but the only enjoyment I get out of this is joking around with my friends while playing because the online gameplay is maddening. I looked so forward to this and I'm so disappointed. Wont buy another CoD unless theres proof this is fixed. I'm not going to pay to be aggravated.
Good luck.

Boost

Banned
I was just thinking, Theater has been down for a week or so, because of the exploit, but this could be fixed via server side, they don't need a patch. I remember Robert Bowling mentioned in a tweet last year regarding MW3 that most updates / fix don't need patches and there new system they use to update the game can be pushed via server end. I think, IMO, since this game has been getting crushed lately due to the lag compensation and hit detection, a lot of people are using the Theater mode for it's justification, since that's the only real way to see what you're doing, and what the server is showing.

I think Treyarch notices this, and is using this exploit temporary as bait too. They probably wont implement it back till the first patch which is probably gonna tackle some of the lag comp / hit detection issues. So best to wait until than so they can see if the new update will also slow down or help the fact there own feature is exposing there gameplay scenarios.

but than again, I could be fucking wrong, lol.

Ensoul

Yep. Seals that deal. Trading this garbage in today. I held off for as long as I could. I'm out. Fuck this shit.

Did ALL that shit and it did not help one bit. MW 3 lag was AWFUL for me and this was just as bad. Black ops hit detection was off but man at least the lag was much better. No idea how the lag keeps getting worse but it does. Hopefully this patch fixes these issues.

The thing is that I see people with decent KDR in team deathmatch while mine completely sucks. at .98. It seems that this is a major issue for people but when I am playing the game online I am on an island all alone with my lag issues while other people are doing well.

Truth is it is not ALL lag. I have major issues getting shot in the back non stop which is my fault. Problem is I cannot find a way to not get shot in the back lol.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
360. Nat is open and all the ports are forwarded on my college dorm connection. The internet here at college is 75/50 with a 15 ping and I have lag issues every single match. I don't have any lag issues with other games. Had the same issues with MW3. Played the shit out of MW2 and Black Ops and I was max prestige in both games. I use to be a huge cod fanboy, but MW3 and BO2 are just not fun at all with all of the lag issues :( It really pisses me off that they ruined COD. It use to be such a fun game.

That's probably the issue.

It should not be happening every game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ya probably, but it is only an issue on BO2 and MW3. I get host a lot on BO1 and I have no lag problems with BO1.

Yeah, but if the "netcode" is worse, it's going to show up worse if there's an issue with your service. I imagine that's what's going on. It's just making a bad situation worse.

So sad seeing you guys cheer the first day to crying about it now. I held off Blops 2 just because of lag comp.I just dont see the point. How bad is it anyway?

So sad seeing you guys cheer the first day to crying about it now. I held off Blops 2 just because of lag comp.I just dont see the point. How bad is it anyway?

I have had very few problems with lag or lag compensation. I never feel like I'm overpowered, or getting overpowered by someone else aside from luck & skill.

Seriously. I'm having a fantastic time with the game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Not that bad.

Also, the campaign is VERY good, and not just "good for a COD game." It's an excellent campaign.

The MP does lag sometimes, but it's not that bad. I've had as much an issue with Halo 4's lag as I have Black ops 2 lag.

Edit: Quoting this guy since he got screwed with a last post for the page

I have had very few problems with lag or lag compensation. I never feel like I'm overpowered, or getting overpowered by someone else aside from luck & skill.

Seriously. I'm having a fantastic time with the game.

you're gonna get varying answers to a extent here, but I think alot of people would say it's terrible and I would agree. It varies from "meh" to "this is god awful, there's no point in playing" type of bad.

eek5

Sometimes it's bad. Most of the time it's OK for me.

My stats are more or less the same as BO1 except for wins

GQJDB.png

My experience as far as lag compensation goes is pretty much the same from BO1 to MW3 to BO2. I've always gotten killed 4 steps after turning a corner, etc. in bad matches. Nothing really new IMO

As someone who hasn't played a COD game since MW2, I am so confused while playing this game. Unlocking weapons with points is something that's completely foreign to me, and the UI has taken a HUGE step backwards from the quick and clean menus of COD4 and MW2. There's so many boxes everywhere. I just want the simple, immediately understandable menu back.

Sometimes it's bad. Most of the time it's OK for me.

My stats are more or less the same as BO1 except for wins

GQJDB.png

My experience as far as lag compensation goes is pretty much the same from BO1 to MW3 to BO2. I've always gotten killed 4 steps after turning a corner, etc. in bad matches. Nothing really new IMO
*Looks at win percentage*
77 and 85%!

Lol, I only at 52% in BO2

eek5

*Looks at win percentage*
77 and 85%!

Lol, I only at 52% in BO2

That's probably the biggest difference for me right now. I'm winning a lot less games than I used to. The group of people I played with before used to be able to rattle off 40-50 wins in a row now we're lucky if we can do 5-10. I'm seeing a lot more dashboarding, host quitting, host migration, parties backing out after EVERY match. I pretty much play a new group of 6 every match in TDM playlist.

If the skill based matchmaking is true, anything over 50% is probably a decent win rate in BO2 but IDK

As someone who hasn't played a COD game since MW2, I am so confused while playing this game. Unlocking weapons with points is something that's completely foreign to me, and the UI has taken a HUGE step backwards from the quick and clean menus of COD4 and MW2. There's so many boxes everywhere. I just want the simple, immediately understandable menu back.

Basically unlockable items will become available to you every level. You also get 1 unlock token per level which you can use to unlock something. As confusing as it is at first, I think the system they set up is the best one yet. As you can see from my stats above, this is the only COD I've gone past Prestige 1 on (mostly because it is pretty low impact).

Top Bottom