• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Halcyon

Sorry mini review below:

So I've been meaning to get a headset the past few years but never got around to it. With Blops 2 being the first COD that I'm actually purchasing and the fact that I need to keep the noise down, I went out today and got a headset.

I wasn't sure what to get and decided on the newer official Sony headset. I only have a ps3. I was gonna get some cheap turtle beaches originally but the cords and rigging id have to do kinda put me off.

533574fe47b967d93699aa740ecad78c.jpg

These you just plug a USB dongle in and turn the wireless headset on and you have game movie and Netflix connection. No wires and it recharges like a controller. Plus they sound pretty good.

Def happy with them so far.

So is the MP more balanced like the first BO or is it crazy chaos like MW2? Please say Black Ops. I haven't been paying much attention since I hated MW3.

HiiiLife

I haven't bothered with a campaign since MW2, I might be forced to since launch day might be borked online.

I won't lie. I enjoy the campaigns. Lol. I really dig the whole Michael Bay moments. Especially the finale of MW2. I could see why people think the campaigns are cliche and shallow but eh, I have a good amount of fun.

syko de4d

yeahe CoD SP.... i have bought CoD 1, 2, MW, MW2 and Blops and couldn´t play more than around 1-2 hours of each SP. So stupid, CoD is all about the MP :D

PC Version here :)

Ilive1up

so, is it true that you don't have to pre-order the game to get the nuketown map?

i mean, i'm probably going to go to gamestop on monday anyway and put some money down, but still.

I think people just click whatever's first in the list / whatever has the most views, which kind of snowballs until the stream drops cause of shitty capture software / internet. KyleN's stream is pretty much the only one so far that has good quality encoding, not to mention not dropping frames or lagging.

Voltron64

so, is it true that you don't have to pre-order the game to get the nuketown map?

i mean, i'm probably going to go to gamestop on monday anyway and put some money down, but still.
I bought a copy at a mom & pop without a pre-order and it had a code for the nuketown map. I think all launch copies have it packed in.

Ajacx

Banned
Finished the campaign in approximately 6 - 7 hours on Hardened. Played about three strike force missions, skipped the fourth after a few futile attempts, and then the game decided that I must automatically fail the rest. The strike missions have had a significant impact on the campaign story, but it doesn't seem fair to pensile players for passing up these side-missions.

Will definitely go back and replay on Veteran at some point and pass all the strike missions. Some of the strike missions are far easier than the others; some I had to replay a few times over. Sometimes they feel fun, but other times tedious.

Overall, the campaign was good, but disjointed and the pacing was off. The earlier missions were all over the place, but the last few really ramp things up. The story was very different to Black Ops, and overall, the BO2 story didn't feel as good as its predecessor. But it will be interesting to see the different ways the story can play out depending on your choices.

Finished the campaign in approximately 6 - 7 hours on Hardened. Played about three strike force missions, skipped the fourth after a few futile attempts, and then the game decided that I must automatically fail the rest. The strike missions have had a significant impact on the campaign story, but it doesn't seem fair to pensile players for passing up these side-missions.

Will definitely go back and replay on Veteran at some point and pass all the strike missions. Some of the strike missions are far easier than the others; some I had to replay a few times over. Sometimes they feel fun, but other times tedious.

Overall, the campaign was good, but disjointed and the pacing was off. The earlier missions were all over the place, but the last few really ramp things up. The story was very different to Black Ops, and overall, the BO2 story didn't feel as good as its predecessor. But it will be interesting to see the different ways the story can play out depending on your choices.

The
India Strike Force Mission (Defending 3 points)
was impossible for me on veteran. I beat all the others and some took more than one try, but this one i tried 4 times i think and failed every time without even getting close. Now i'm at the point where if i play the next campaign mission, i lose strike force missions so i guess i'll just let that one fail. Which one did you fail?

Btw if anybody wants to play TranZit now, leave your gamertag here and I'll add you.

Same with if you wanna play after street date cause you don't have the game yet. If you're good at zombies and interested in figuring out the easter egg and new things without spoilers, then add me :D

Ajacx

Banned
The
India Strike Force Mission
was damn hard on Hardened, but the one I had the most trouble with was
Afghanistan
. I don't think I could even ponder finishing that on Veteran, and this comes from someone who has beaten every past COD on Veteran.

I don't like that if you completely fail one strike force mission, you automatically fail any outstanding others.

The
India Strike Force Mission
was damn hard on Hardened, but the one I had the most trouble with was
Afghanistan
. I don't think I could even ponder finishing that on Veteran, and this comes from someone who has beaten every past COD on Veteran.

I don't like that if you completely fail one strike force mission, you automatically fail any outstanding others.

That's interesting. I had no trouble with that one at all because there was no timer or anything. I did however
have one of the trucks get exploded, so the convoy only had 3 out of 4 in the end, but i still passed
If you use
the AGR on tanks (rocket mode) and the quadrotors for helicopters, you should get through easily

Top Bottom