• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Makoto

Yup at least until release day since Twitch always has a stick up their bum when it comes to streaming games before their official release.

Edit: And yeesh, I really do not like the announcer for the Mercs faction. It sounds like some guy trying to do a Duke Nukem impression. But since BO2 also has Liam O'Brien as a announcer, I suppose it balances out.

Victrix

*beard*
Next-gen would be a good time to upgrade to whatever the latest version of idTech is.

I wish this were the case - idtech3 was a very special beast, and 4 and 5 both had... issues.

Doesn't mean it can't be a solid engine, but given that zenimax controls them now, I don't see that happening.

More concerning to me is the probability that Respawn is using Frostbite 2, which doesn't exactly fill me with glee. That engine is good at a lot of things, but snappy 60fps gameplay is not it - though it's possible they're working on a game for the next gen consoles.

Managed to get it today...

20121110_142314.jpg

Shady859

Managed to get it today...

20121110_142314.jpg

Hello, I hate you!

LOL just playing, am jealous though! Looks nice, I have a Hardened at Gamestop and normal at Best Buy waiting monday at midnight. PUMPED!!!!

Are the coins anything or just like this games version of the medal from last Hardened Edition? Also are the codes for the DLC all individual codes rather than 1 catch all code? THANKS

ALSO Gamestop.com has the PS3 HE back in stock if anyone is looking.

I feel like we're straying into "people who don't sprint for the entire duration of the game = camping noobs / people who sprint around the map continuously = awesomeproelitegamerz" territory.

People who try to shame other people for how they play the game are annoying. Whether you camp, run, use assassin, or whatever, I don't give a shit. You bought the game, play it how you want, and if I don't like it, I'll adapt or find a game more to my tastes.

The real question is if I should take Tuesday or Wednesday off from work. I'm leaning Wednesday so I can just OD from Tuesday on. I just feel like that would be better.

Hello, I hate you!

LOL just playing, am jealous though! Looks nice, I have a Hardened at Gamestop and normal at Best Buy waiting monday at midnight. PUMPED!!!!

Are the coins anything or just like this games version of the medal from last Hardened Edition? Also are the codes for the DLC all individual codes rather than 1 catch all code? THANKS

ALSO Gamestop.com has the PS3 HE back in stock if anyone is looking.

Only one coin has a code on it,which you have to redeem at www.callofduty.com/blackops2ce but it's not working at the moment as I would have loved to download the score.

The rest of the codes are all individually printed on the back of a piece of paper.

I wish this were the case - idtech3 was a very special beast, and 4 and 5 both had... issues.

Doesn't mean it can't be a solid engine, but given that zenimax controls them now, I don't see that happening.

More concerning to me is the probability that Respawn is using Frostbite 2, which doesn't exactly fill me with glee. That engine is good at a lot of things, but snappy 60fps gameplay is not it - though it's possible they're working on a game for the next gen consoles.

I think that's less of an inditement of Frostbite 2 and more on the developers using it. If they want to dial down the graphics to hit 60FPS gameplay, certainly the engine isn't stopping them.

Shady859

Only one coin has a code on it,which you have to redeem at www.callofduty.com/blackops2ce but it's not working at the moment as I would have loved to download the score.

The rest of the codes are all individually printed on the back of a piece of paper.

THANK YOU! :)

The real question is if I should take Tuesday or Wednesday off from work. I'm leaning Wednesday so I can just OD from Tuesday on. I just feel like that would be better.

I'd do tuesday so you get it at midnight monday if you are determined to burn a vacation day haha.

This is my short week at so I only work wed & thursday, last year it was the other way around only off those two.

Where is everyone getting the game early from? I do know that my local best Buy got their shipment in thursday with a big box of swag to pass out. She wouldn't tell me what kinda swag though just said be sure to be here at 10pm to pre-pay and then can get the game at midnight.

This weeks episode of Invisible Walls on GT, Shane Satterfiled makes comments on Black Ops II at the end of the episode (42 min mark). He talks about wanting to see the reaction of "trolls" they get commenting on how they love CoD.

The thing is, the way he phrased his comments either the game is awesome and totally different from its predecessors or it could be taken in quite a negative slant. This game better not turn out rubbish =/

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/grjtx1/invisible-walls-episode-232--the-wii-u-hotline
I can't find my quote but I'm telling ya', BLOPSII is gonna be Gametrailer's GOTY.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Oh great, another one of these shitty all image OP OTs. Can't ctrl f anything. Looks like shit on mobile, too. Thanks.

Anyway, I planned on avoiding this one after my COD burnout. I didn't enjoy MW3 at all. But I'm getting drawn to BO2. The hype is getting to me.

7he Talon

Still undecided on this game. Last CoD I played was MW2 and I loved it, played it for like 17 days. Just don't know if I'm a fan of the futuristic side of this on.

aku:jiki

So... I've played an 8 v 4 today and a 7 v 5 and i was on the lower number team both times. WTF.
It's too bad Hybrid flopped badly, because it had at least one idea that should become standard: if people leave, the guys stuck on the outnumbered team get a health/damage boost so they can put up a fight until someone else joins.

Tough to implement in CoD due to the already low health/high damage, so maybe they could do something like lower the score for your next pointstreak.

sephi22

So 4 hours, 200+ kills later, I can say that I don't feel the UAV problem is as bad as rangersfan mentioned. My entire party was running UAVs and so were the other guys, and UAVs were up for most of the duration of all our matches. However it didn't make any game that much easier or harder.

In fact, whenever I'd find myself losing all 3 points in Domination, I'd make getting a UAV a top priority. The game is too chaotic and random right now (since the maps are new) for me to do anything without knowing where the enemy is coming from. The UAV puts a touch of order into most games. Knowing 'the enemy is in this general area' atleast helps us plan our attack better. And its not like the enemy's not going to dash in and bust your face in the 3 second UAV refresh time.

I had much more trouble against higher killstreaks, especially Warthog and Dragonflier. Those two are annoying as shit.

The matchmaking and framerate was smooth throughout. Lot of people playing in UAE (the game's been selling in mom and pops and online).

Jhoan

Is there a "Pure" match list in this game? I didn't play MW3, but I enjoyed it immensely in Black Ops. It's the probably the one MP mode that I had the most fun playing in the because it was old school style. I would also like to know if the open world Zombie mode game is good.

Also, if anyone in the U.S. didn't pre-order it and wants the best deal for the game, Best Buy has a pretty sweet deal on BLOPS II where if you buy the game, you get 800MSP for free $20 off a year of XBL. But the catch is that you have to buy the game and the card in order to get the points, but it's still a pretty sweet deal if anyone needs to renew their XBL Gold subscription. I might just bite on it myself since my Gold membership expired last month. Here's the link: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331469

will post more impressions on the new page :p

got the game yesterday and its still great :D thats all that needs to be said in this short post.

lol just shoot down the UAV guys, still funny to hear , "the fuck you shooting my UAV so much" in the post game

Oof really wondering if I should get this game or not .... =/

Im a PC player, so kinda sketch on the whole CoD franchise still. (for PC that is)

Have to say that I like the gun sound improvements, couldn't really play any COD after playing BF3/BC2 and hearing those gun sounds, still its not as good as those but its a big upgrade from what they sounded like before.

Top Bottom