• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Treyarch needs to address Rage Quitting, such as a temporary ban for repeated attempts.

Indeed they do, but on the bright side I haven't had a game drop yet for the host rage quitting. I've played about 50 games or so. And everytime host migration has kicked in, it works perfectly and very quickly.

Indeed they do, but on the bright side I haven't had a game drop yet for the host rage quitting. I've played about 50 games or so. And everytime host migration has kicked in, it works perfectly and very quickly.

What is their punishment? I never heard of punishment for rage quitting ever before in CoD.

Edit: Sorry, misread your sentence. In the meanwhile, Treyarch just released a patch today that's 26MB Large.

What is their punishment? I never heard of punishment for rage quitting ever before in CoD.

I was just agreeing with you that they need to enforce something to prevent quitting from happening so often. As far as i know, there isn't a punishment, even though Vonderhaar suggested that there would be for dashboarders.

DoomGyver

Probably going 360, just because CoDs traditionally piss me off on PC ever since post- CoD2.

I bought blops 1 for ps3, never again. I hope they match the 360 version, but I'm not taking any chances. Besides, I'm paying for xbl, might as well use it.

Lunchbox

Banned
But then why the effort put into the Wii versions? The PS3 versions sells a huge amount more than the Wii versions ever did.

It just seems odd that Treyarch would treat one console badly given what amazing work they did with the Wii Versions of not just their games but even IWs ports.

I guess Blops2 is a watershed moment. If it's still massively worse then it's safe to say that Treyarch simply doesn't care about the PS3.
singling out treyarch by saying oh they don't care about the ps3 is not fair. a lot of devs leading on the 360/pc have done this

skyrim ps3, hitting 0 frames per second

skyrimj9xgy.gif

Respawn

Banned
Hey you guys think we will ever get new weapons dlc? Or that would just throw the whole balance off from what is already incorporated?

Card Boy

Banned
Treyarch needs to address Rage Quitting, such as a temporary ban for repeated attempts.

What for? The game has a late join system. You get another teammate to replace the sore losers.

Probably going 360, just because CoDs traditionally piss me off on PC ever since post- CoD2.

I bought blops 1 for ps3, never again. I hope they match the 360 version, but I'm not taking any chances. Besides, I'm paying for xbl, might as well use it.

Yeah going 360 for this one too now that i have the choice (got one this year). COD 1-2 where PC, MW1 to BO where PS3 and MW3 was PC. Black Ops was terrible on PS3.

Madtown_

So could someone link me or tell me more about the score streaks? Is it still essentially just kills that matter, or do objective factors actually make a big difference in this one?

M.W.

So could someone link me or tell me more about the score streaks? Is it still essentially just kills that matter, or do objective factors actually make a big difference in this one?

Objectives are huge. I think kills = 50xp and capping a point in dom = 200 xp. Kill confirmed is 25xp per kill and 100xp per confirm.

I am supremely disappoited in Blops2. It's like MW3 turbo edition.

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.
There is no tactics what so ever.
The spawn system is disgusting.

This is sadly a game for the ADD generation.

I am level 29, and I have not had fun getting there. I am not trolling, I loved black ops, hated MW3.

I am so sad that the state if this game has become what it is. Who ever made the decision to speed up the gameplay like this should be fired.

If you doubt what I say, come Tuesday you will all experience what I have. Utter disgust, and it's not fun getting killed 3 times within 10 seconds.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.

I am level 29, and I have not had fun getting there. I am not trolling, I loved black ops, hated MW3.

I am so sad that the state if this game has become what it is. Who ever made the decision to speed up the gameplay like this should be fired.

If you doubt what I say, come Tuesday you will all experience what I have. Utter disgust, and it's not fun getting killed 3 times within 10 seconds.

oh god

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.

oh god, this is exactly what I was afraid of, I had a feeling the game would turn out like this from the brief videos posted already.

Do you mean movement is faster?
That would be something that appeals to me.
If so, give that person a raise.
Get them to cut aim assist strengths in half, and give them a promotion too.

It's black ops2 turbo hyper warfare edition. If that appeals to you you will love the game

Some of the best I have seen in the game go 55-40 that should give you an idea of how many kills there are in one game.

Guenther

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.

Exactly what I think after leveling up to 27. Plus I think most of the maps a borring and they are all to similar in my opionion.
Although I have no problems with the UAV. I´m using them a lot myself and they are easly shot down.

Exactly what I think after leveling up to 27. Plus I think most of the maps a borring and they are all to similar in my opionion.

There are at least 5 maps that are identical in lay out. I'm so bummed. My friends and I were so looking forward to at least a years worth of online fun.

Now I have to go back to a two year old game in Blops, I'm pissed.

alba

Little is the new Big

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.

Uh oh :(

CryptiK

singling out treyarch by saying oh they don't care about the ps3 is not fair. a lot of devs leading on the 360/pc have done this

skyrim ps3, hitting 0 frames per second

skyrimj9xgy.gif
Skyrim PS3 Devs have already taken the blame for the sloppy port. And Treyarch don't care about the PS3 Activision has had a long standing agreement with Microsoft on Xbox being lead. Just like they dont care about the PC version.

SteveWD40

Oh fuck :(

Might pick up Blops on PC instead (never grabbed it), how is it these days? Is the community any good? It has combat training as well doesn't it?

It's black ops2 turbo hyper warfare edition. If that appeals to you you will love the game

Some of the best I have seen in the game go 55-40 that should give you an idea of how many kills there are in one game.

I'm assuming you're playing Core mode.
All I ever play with my group of online friends is Hardcore modes, which imo are less hectic.
Get a team of 6 guys on the same page, who know how to not flip spawns and know all the angles, and the experience is better.

The maps, from all the videos I've watched so far, seen to look good.
Lots of routes, colorful, some interactive.

The only think I see that disappoints me is that the Executioner pistol has severely limited range, and that there are no more Molotovs or flamethrower attachments. :(

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.

We'll see. Not to knock your opinion, but a lot of people have been saying the exact opposite, so I'll just have to see for myself.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Bullets spread the further down you are, making your shots less accurate.
Is that only when you drop while you're firing or does that always apply?

Also, people weren't exaggerating about the lack of recoil. It looks like you can put a whole clip into a bullet hole on full auto.

True but I guarantee that if you were not a fan of MW3 you will not be a fan of this. It's more MW4 than it is Black Ops.

Worst part of MW3 for me was the lag compensation. People killing me even before they came around the corner. Plus a couple of just awful maps, imo.

How was the connections? Heard Maxamillion say on YouTube it felt like Blops was somewhere between CoD4 and Blops in this regard.

Worst part of MW3 for me was the lag compensation. People killing me even before they came around the corner. Plus a couple of just awful maps, imo.

How was the connections? Heard Maxamillion say on YouTube it felt like Blops was somewhere between CoD4 and Blops in this regard.

Seems like it varies. I know you want a better answer, but it seems to be closer to MW3 to me.

Top Bottom