• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

warerare

This will be my first Call of Duty experience since Call of Duty 2. I will be getting it for Wii U, I hope as pretty much a noob to all of this it won't affect me, in fact I don't even understand what some of you are even talking about, i only found out what a Prestige was about 2 week back.

Mr. Fix

I am supremely disappoited in Blops2. It's like MW3 turbo edition.

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.
There is no tactics what so ever.
The spawn system is disgusting.

This is sadly a game for the ADD generation.

I am level 29, and I have not had fun getting there. I am not trolling, I loved black ops, hated MW3.

I am so sad that the state if this game has become what it is. Who ever made the decision to speed up the gameplay like this should be fired.

If you doubt what I say, come Tuesday you will all experience what I have. Utter disgust, and it's not fun getting killed 3 times within 10 seconds.

This is close to what my friend told me earlier. Shame, as I quite liked the maps in BLOPS 1.

Xater

The SP writer is David S. Goyer, same dude who wrote for the Batman Trilogy (Nolan).

Might be cool.

Goyer also writes a bunch of shit if he is not reigned in by another person. And no Hollywood writer ever has created a good game story.

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.

I am level 29, and I have not had fun getting there. I am not trolling, I loved black ops, hated MW3.

I am so sad that the state if this game has become what it is. Who ever made the decision to speed up the gameplay like this should be fired.

If you doubt what I say, come Tuesday you will all experience what I have. Utter disgust, and it's not fun getting killed 3 times within 10 seconds.

+ Stock maps are much better than the stock MW3 maps.
+ Spawns are SLIGHTLY better than MW3.
- TTKs and the lag compensation is still ridiculous and MW3-level bad, despite this being a treyarch game. If you don't have an excellent connection and ping, you are pretty much fucked.

Not sure if it's a plus or minus but you basically never see the higher killstreaks (at least on the deathmatch modes) unless it's from a miracle care package. Also, ghost is the last unlock, which pisses the hell out of me.

The drip-feed of unlocks and the needless complicated customization of loadouts has kept me playing, but I don't know for how much longer.

NBtoaster

What's the cheapest place to get this on pc? No pre release deals?

And that's console footage in the IGN video? Treyarch are wizards if that's 60fps.

.nimrod

It's funny when people bitch about how different BO2 is from it's predecessor when the game isn't even available to everybody.
Most people haven't even unlocked everything, don't know the maps and are just trying what works and what doesn't, so of course it's chaotic as hell right now.

My checklist:

If this is closer to a reskinned Black Ops/World at War, sign me up.
If this is closer to MW1/MW2/MW3 then I wouldn't throw a cent at it.

Should I keep my money?

Apenheul

So next to Nuketown 2025, what's the new get-a-lot-of-kills (e.g. Shipment) type of map if there is any? If it's only Nuketown that would be great for me because I can just not activate the code I assume. I didn't like in BO how like every once in three games you were playing Nuketown.

Malvingt2

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.

damn... Hyped destroyed... :(

deejay

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.

That's great. I loved MW3. I'll be having lots of fun with this it seems.

fozzy

I just watched the Nuketown video posted above and Vondehaar said there is a counter for everything in the game.

What is the K-9 Unit counter?

Portugeezer

Is that only when you drop while you're firing or does that always apply?

Also, people weren't exaggerating about the lack of recoil. It looks like you can put a whole clip into a bullet hole on full auto.

Some guns seem that way, others seem more reasonable (for a COD game anyway), but is that with the attachment to reduce recoil or not?

Do I seriously need to buy the Digital Deluxe version so I can play Zombies on Nuketown??

For $20 extra??

They will probably sell it separately down the line, but I'm only speculating.

fuenf

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.

Sorry but I dont agree with this at all. It's impossible to judge this game right now:

Sure the game is chaotic and out of balance, but nobody can tell whether it is the game's or the player's fault. MOST players dont even know the maps right now, so yeah there are no tactics, there aren't even the usual 'fighting zones / hotspots.' Everyone is just running around like a headless chicken. Regarding the UAV's, there are actually far fewer UAV's than in MW3. Sure there's a bad spawn every now and then, but most of the time the system get's it right.

The Maps are actually a mixture of BO and MW3. Some Maps are more like the MW3 maps, with a focus on 'vertical gameplay' and you can always be shot from multiple angles, but other maps are more like the BO1 ones (Aftermath, Hijacked for example). But I just can't and wouldn't judge the game right now, for example, I could say that SMGs feel overpowered compared to ARs and that there's no point in using an AR. However, it might just be, that i haven't found the ideal AR setup yet, that my aiming sucks etc.

I just think we should give the game a little bit more time to find itself.

SteveWD40

Does the Combat Training in Blops 2 still have its own leveling? Sounded like just solo v bots had none rather than Blops where it just didnt carry over.

jiffy38

So I ordered this for Ps3 as I have some friends on there I will most likely play with. I have 360 as well and I am now wondering how this will run on Ps3 compared to 360. Prior games seem to get the shaft on Ps3. can anyone confirm any notable differences yet in performance or graphics?

Shady859

I just watched the Nuketown video posted above and Vondehaar said there is a counter for everything in the game.

What is the K-9 Unit counter?

CCC attachment to your secondary weapon.

Cute Cat Carrier: they release the dogs and you release the cats. :p

Thanks for posting the IGN MP links, DAMN I want this game so bad.

Top Bottom