• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sethos

Banned
This campaign is garbage so far. I have no idea what's going on. All I hear is "Russian names, Russian names, kill Russian name".

This games single player is more brain dead than Warfighers. And the strike force missions are stupid.

Speaks more about your intellectual level than it does the game.

Didn't realize my name was Russian

Nor ... Noria ... Norirrirr ... BORIS!

Radec

This campaign is garbage so far. I have no idea what's going on. All I hear is "Russian names, Russian names, kill Russian name".

This games single player is more brain dead than Warfighers. And the strike force missions are stupid.

you sure you played Black Ops 2 and not Modern Warfare 2?

Christmas noobs are ruining so many games right now, constantly bringing down everyone with 0-15, 1-22 and4 4- 20 records, I miss prestige only lobbies

Montresor

This game's single player is such a bloated piece of shit. I'm just about ready to quit this garbage and stick to Kill Confirmed multiplayer.

This comment is coming after trying the Strike Force tutorial for the first time.

I actually liked the single player campaign, but the full single player package is too bloated; there are too many needless, boring little things that they added. Each level has 10 challenges, and the Strike Force missions are just tedious as hell.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The challenge structure is serious bullshit too. I would have 100%d the game on PC (SP has it's own list separate from the other modes), but that achievement is too tedious.

Radec

This game's single player is such a bloated piece of shit. I'm just about ready to quit this garbage and stick to Kill Confirmed multiplayer.

This comment is coming after trying the Strike Force tutorial for the first time.

I actually liked the single player campaign, but the full single player package is too bloated; there are too many needless, boring little things that they added. Each level has 10 challenges, and the Strike Force missions are just tedious as hell.

After the first Strike Force mission, the rest are optional. Didn't care for it after the first.

fuenf

The strike force missions arent that hard, just stick to the tactical view and spam the attack button. It's suicidal to try to play them from FPS mode, though. You should only switch to FPS mode when you need to activate an objective quickly.

Surprised, I've seen it hardly ever.

And I'm not sure what that would even be based on.

Much less score streaks in the air, less camping, more routes to run. Most people that complain about this game are those that liked to hide and now they're not able to. It's quite fun for that reason.

Edit - since it's a new page, responding to the bottom of last page.

Check the start of the topic, especially the early adopters and you'll find outpouring criticism and disappointing. I've seen very little complaining about ghost and the majority being about the same key issues that are brought up daily: inconsistent lag compensation, awful spawns/revenge spawns, instant death on spawn, and poor map design.

I personally feel the witch hunt on camping has ruined the game, similarly to how the witch hunt on sniping ruined BF3 (no ghillie suit, reflective scope to all, no one shot kills to the body, no immediate availability to decent rifles, and dropping the term 'sniper' for recon - it screamed DON'T USE THIS CLASS). There's no longer an option for the stealthy, sneaky or supportive player (outside of uav and cuav). BO2 and BF3 are prime examples of fan feedback crippling a game.

Acinixys

How to do the Swarm-like Hunter Killers?

Uuuuh... when you call it in, all that happens is your dude presses the button on his Nintendo power glove, and then the Swarm just comes. When theyre in the air they fly around the map for about 20 seconds and act like hunterkillers

Radec

didnt knew they are swarm lol. havent heard enemy swarm. must be from a care package.

on the other hand, i just unload a stealth>lodestar>swarm in carrier.

feelsgoodman since i only equip this when level 55.

Almost got my diamond camo shotguns - just finishing up the M216. Feels good, man.

You know, the KSG was definitely a tricky one to get gold on, despite its superb damage and range. Definitely need to put Stock on it for ADS shooting and rounding those corners. The aiming was weird to me at first, and the hip-fire just seemed inconsistent to me. I had to also shoot ahead of another player running left or right because of the slight delay. It was hell when I had to run around with no perks and attachments for the 50 kills camos.

Anyone else playing on 360 and absolutely loathe how they divvy up teams?

I know score-per-minute isn't always a great way to see how good a player is, but I consistently run into the following situation. My s/p/m isn't super great, maybe around 250. My k/d in TDM is about 1.65.

I'll jump into a lobby, and say, have three guys above me in the lobby leaderboard, usually with much better stats (s/p/m's of around 270+ and k/d's of 2.0+). All three of them will get put onto one team, and I'll get stuck with the rest of the folks, who are usually running with k/d's of like 0.50 and below. And, I know they're not in a party together, so it's not like it's lumping them together on one team as a result.

Frustrating, as we'll usually get routed when this happens.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So is using headphones (In the past games I think it was labelled Sound Whoring) with Black Ops 2 pretty much useless with Treyarch's fucked up sound?

I need to get a headset to communicate with my friends since I can't find the cord for my wireless xbox one and I don't know where the default headset is, so I didn't know whether to just get a cheap one (I'm looking at that Plantronics one) or to pony up for a dedicated gaming headset. The only thing I've heard is that voice input and output still won't be all that good with the way the 360 processes sound.

Anyone else playing on 360 and absolutely loathe how they divvy up teams?

I know score-per-minute isn't always a great way to see how good a player is, but I consistently run into the following situation. My s/p/m isn't super great, maybe around 250. My k/d in TDM is about 1.65.

I'll jump into a lobby, and say, have three guys above me in the lobby leaderboard, usually with much better stats (s/p/m's of around 270+ and k/d's of 2.0+). All three of them will get put onto one team, and I'll get stuck with the rest of the folks, who are usually running with k/d's of like 0.50 and below. And, I know they're not in a party together, so it's not like it's lumping them together on one team as a result.

Frustrating, as we'll usually get routed when this happens.

What's even more annoying is the reshuffling it does if anyone joins/leaves the lobby. I've run into issues where it can take as long as 5+ minutes to start the game because the lobby countdown restarts every time someone joins or departs. I wish they'd stop and go back to the classic structure.

So is using headphones (In the past games I think it was labelled Sound Whoring) with Black Ops 2 pretty much useless with Treyarch's fucked up sound?

I need to get a headset to communicate with my friends since I can't find the cord for my wireless xbox one and I don't know where the default headset is, so I didn't know whether to just get a cheap one (I'm looking at that Plantronics one) or to pony up for a dedicated gaming headset. The only thing I've heard is that voice input and output still won't be all that good with the way the 360 processes sound.

Headsets work fine, but it won't help with footsteps at all. Even with the awareness perk, you still can't hear footsteps since Treyarch removed them as part of their crusade against camping.

What's even more annoying is the reshuffling it does if anyone joins/leaves the lobby. I've run into issues where it can take as long as 5+ minutes to start the game because the lobby countdown restarts every time someone joins or departs. I wish they'd stop and go back to the classic structure.

Yeah, that part is definitely annoying. I'll keep plugging away, but the imbalances in the matchmaking are driving me crazy. Nothing worse than getting stuck on a team with a bunch of players that seem to consistently go like 5-20 every single match. And, the spawns are driving me nutty, too. Maps like Hijacked and Turbine are just rife with problems.

Yeah, that part is definitely annoying. I'll keep plugging away, but the imbalances in the matchmaking are driving me crazy. Nothing worse than getting stuck on a team with a bunch of players that seem to consistently go like 5-20 every single match. And, the spawns are driving me nutty, too. Maps like Hijacked and Turbine are just rife with problems.

I've got the same problem when I play alone due to my kd/r - I constantly get stuck with the 0.50 and 0.65 folks. I've pretty much stopped playing alone and have to beg my friends to play, which doesn't always work as they absolutely despise this game due to the lag and spawn issues.

Stantron

Is it just me, or do some of the maps have areas that make the same sound effect as planted shock charges do? I can't tell for sure.

I find it amusing how someone without dead silence equipped can sprint up behind me without making a sound. I even have sound effects volume turned up and the others down.

I finally found the best set-up! I destroy SMGs up close and I outgun assault rifles at long range. Best part is almost no one uses it the way I do.
so, what's the setup?

I've got the same problem when I play alone due to my kd/r - I constantly get stuck with the 0.50 and 0.65 folks. I've pretty much stopped playing alone and have to beg my friends to play, which doesn't always work as they absolutely despise this game due to the lag and spawn issues.

I've basically resigned my fate to being put on horrible, imbalanced teams. Now, I mostly just try to maintain or increase my lifetime k/d and that usually works out well, even if my team gets spanked by 30+ points. I guess I don't mind going 25-5, even if my teammates prove to be more problem than solution.

Haven't had a ton of issues with lag so far, but granted, my network/NAT settings were jacking up for the past month. Kept getting random Xbox Live disconnects, conveniently during matches where I was doing awesome. But, reset all my router crap and now the issue seems fixed.

Have noticed, though, and not sure if it's a trend, but a lot of folks just running around using pistols and nothing else. And, had a match recently against a guy who was using a pretty effective riot shield strategy of move, plant shield, run around and knife everyone.

And lastly, one more complaint. Noticed that in the past, when someone would destroy my bouncing betty/shock charge/etc, I'd get a VO saying "the enemy has destroyed your equipment," which was handy for me prepping for a possible attack. The past few days, though, I've noticed that the VO almost never plays anymore, even when the equipment gets destroyed. Super annoying.

Radec

^
They could probably getting their knife or pistols the gold and diamond camo.

As for the VO, there could be tons of scorestreaks from your team and enemy team that have been called thats why it got burried. Happens everytime to me too.

And lastly, one more complaint. Noticed that in the past, when someone would destroy my bouncing betty/shock charge/etc, I'd get a VO saying "the enemy has destroyed your equipment," which was handy for me prepping for a possible attack. The past few days, though, I've noticed that the VO almost never plays anymore, even when the equipment gets destroyed. Super annoying.

Yeah this is super annoying as well. In the previous CoD games it was either a distinctive 'click' sound that you only heard for your equipment, or you got a hit marker. In BO2, there's no hit marker and the unique 'poof' sound is now heard for everyone's equipment, both teammates and enemy players, so you can never be sure if it's your equipment they got by.

Makoto

^
They could probably getting their knife or pistols the gold and diamond camo.
This is what I've noticed. The crappy players are sometimes just people trying to get their challenges done. These days though, the crappy players are typically the people who acquired this game in the last two weeks.

On a separate subject: I've seen some atrocious aiming on PC. It really makes me curious what the people I've seen are using for their setups.

This is what I've noticed. The crappy players are sometimes just people trying to get their challenges done. These days though, the crappy players are typically the people who acquired this game in the last two weeks.

On a separate subject: I've seen some atrocious aiming on PC. It really makes me curious what the people I've seen are using for their setups.

Yeah, I figured a large number of them were Challenge seekers, too. But, had a ton of teammates who are Prestige 5+ who are just ridiculously awful. I guess putting more time into a game doesn't necessarily make you better at it. Go figure.

I cannot play with my friends because of the terrible netcode, this sucks =\

My NAT settings prevented me from playing with friends for weeks or even joining their chat Party. My NAT was always set to Strict, no matter what I tweaked on my router. Ended up totally wiping it and re-setting my wireless settings and now my NAT is "moderate," which should work.

My NAT settings prevented me from playing with friends for weeks or even joining their chat Party. My NAT was always set to Strict, no matter what I tweaked on my router. Ended up totally wiping it and re-setting my wireless settings and now my NAT is "moderate," which should work.
I can play with them, but my shots do not register and people kill me in a quarter of a second :p

Any advice on the first two pistols? It's almost as if I have to lead my shots with them and head shots are impossible on a moving target, let alone a still one.

Boost

Banned
I haven't played in almost a week, hop back on tonight and I can not kill anyone, lol. My aim is off here and there, and I can barely keep my iron sight straight. Jitters? I don't know. Stupid gun sway after you squeeze is unpredictable.

Top Bottom